Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Is having kids a kink now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is he basically saying that Bayonetta makes people want to gently caress?

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1636630466542567424

quote:

Play ‘Cereza and the Lost Demon’

Want a child like Cereza

An unprecedented marriage boom is coming

The problem of declining birth rate will be solved

Everyone happy

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Ytlaya posted:

I remember liking San Francisco Rush a lot. It was fun how you were able to find short-cuts on your own back then, because everything instantly became common knowledge via the internet.

IIRC there was this one tricks arena thing where you could make your car flip out. I actually may have played that game more than any other N64 game; I didn't really game much in general until around 1999 or so.

what's your name??

...nothin' nasty now :q:

That's your name!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Fmk3dUYu8

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I figured I'd share this here: You know those official NSO-compatible new wireless N64 controllers? Well, after them being out of stock forever*, and having a browser tab open that I'd refresh once a day, to my surprise they are at this moment currently back in stock.

I just bought mine, so if you're interested you'd better get in on this ASAP.

*Someone tell me, how long has it been? Like 2 years since they released them but they've been mostly out of stock that whole time? :psyduck:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Atomizer posted:

I figured I'd share this here: You know those official NSO-compatible new wireless N64 controllers? Well, after them being out of stock forever*, and having a browser tab open that I'd refresh once a day, to my surprise they are at this moment currently back in stock.

*Someone tell me, how long has it been? Like 2 years since they released them but they've been mostly out of stock that whole time? :psyduck:

this is very good to know but also:

is this a prank

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Atomizer posted:

I feel like they get back in stock every couple months, but I'm just going by half remembered posts in the thread of people buying them and telling everyone they did

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should rerelease Beetle Adventure Racing and if they can't get the VW license just make the cars actual beetle robots

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Tafferling posted:

Is having kids a kink now?

remember that one 30 Rock Episode where Jenna and Will Forte's character started "normaling"

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Blaziken386 posted:

is this a prank

The real prank is the Mario Kart sticker sheet they offer for free, but then ask you for $7 shipping at the checkout.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

elf help book posted:

You gotta open them up and put them in to claim the gold coins so you can get even more games

I noticed the Ace Attorney Trilogy was on sale for :10bux: and figured I'd grab it (again). Saves me having to dig out my 3DS to replay it.

Turns out I had enough Gold Coins from my vouchers to just get it for free, so that was nice!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hrist posted:

The real prank is the Mario Kart sticker sheet they offer for free, but then ask you for $7 shipping at the checkout.

That happened to me when I cashed in some points on the Zelda keychain for TOTK.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
The Yggdra Union remake is finally getting a global release on Switch July 27th
https://twitter.com/sting_pr/status/1679397299938824194

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Hrist posted:

I’d pay $7 for a Mario Kart sticker sheet.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Willo567 posted:

gently caress! I loved this game, until I got sidetracked and forgot to finish it.

Another one for my backlog-pile, I guess

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

I’d pay $7 for a Mario Kart sticker sheet.

They're nice stickers. But I'm not paying for the entire box of envelopes when they just need one.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/mario-kart-8-deluxe-vinyl-sticker-set-119293/

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Willo567 posted:

:O!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Blaziken386 posted:

is this a prank

I bought a replacement kickstand for my kid's switch which was like $3.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Willo567 posted:

What’s the deal with this game exactly? All I know is it’s got something of a cult following and that it’s a little weird?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Welp
Seriously, don't miss this one, it's incredible
(the video, not the game lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVRAItS4a18

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 13, 2023

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

unattended spaghetti posted:

What’s the deal with this game exactly? All I know is it’s got something of a cult following and that it’s a little weird?

It's an SRPG with tons of interlocking mechanics and hidden secrets and stuff. Like, every turn you choose a card to use, which determines how far your units can move (collectively, so one person could use it all or everyone could move a little bit or any other combo), but also determines what skill you can use it battle, and how much damage you do to enemy units, and the cards level up as you use them but can only be used once per battle. You only get to attack once per turn but you'll drag in allied units around you, but which tiles they get dragged in from depends on who's initiating the attack. A lot of stuff like that where you can never really make a decision in isolation. There's tons of unique items that can be equipped to give bonuses for the next X maps before they break, and some path splits, and different character classes and a bunch of other stuff.

It's very unique and I had a lot of fun with it back on GBA, it definitely follows a "more is better" sort of maximalist design that I found pretty charming. My only complaint was that it takes a long time before you finally get all the mechanics, which can make replays a bit slow at the beginning.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Ooooh sounds like a hot mess, and I’m into it. Thanks for the detailed writeup.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Live-A-Live is $20 from Play-Asia right now. They also have Pikmin 1+2 for $32 but it won't ship until September.
use promo code NDEAL to save 5% (code is for goon Red Robin Hood, who runs nintendeal and hooks everyone up in the Game Deals thread)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Octopath Traveler 2 is on sale on the eShop right now for 45 bux. Deku says this is its first sale.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
If you don’t own it and like JRPGs you owe it to yourself to get it. Seriously. Best one in years and a tremendous improvement/realization of what the first was going for. Night and day between the two.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

If I own both is the first one even worth playing anymore

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Meowywitch posted:

no

Like, it's not bad, there's certainly good parts to it and fun to be had, but as a guy who has played a LOT of JRPGs, Octopath 1 did not grab me and I never finished it, but OC2 was a game I played fanatically. It's great. Only possible caveat I have about 2 is that what catapults it beyond greatness into top-tier is the interplay between the open-world stuff and the storyline, so if somebody only cares about the storyline and doesn't want to wander the world looking for hidden treasure and secret skills and all, they might only think the game is 'good.'

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

unattended spaghetti posted:

If you don’t own it and like JRPGs you owe it to yourself to get it. Seriously. Best one in years and a tremendous improvement/realization of what the first was going for. Night and day between the two.
Hell I don't even like JRPGs but the overall design is so good I'd recommend it to anybody with a passing interest. It'd be my GOTY so far if not for TotK.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

If you want to play it you should play it before OP2 because while it isn't bad OP2 just is a huge improvement in general.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
But then that'll burn you out on octo 2. I'd go straight to that one personally

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Thank you Nintendo for a portable system so I can chill in the basement with it while a tornado watch is active

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

KingSlime posted:

But then that'll burn you out on octo 2. I'd go straight to that one personally

Yeah. I say just skip 1

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I don’t think II invalidates I. There necessarily had to be a proof of concept, and everyone liked the first until the cracks started to show.

I’d say if you’re craving more, play the first after the second. The biggest things to know about I comparatively are these:

1. The story is not nearly as good, but it is charming.
2. I has less interaction—nearly none—between the party. For better or worse, pretty much worse, each individual story is siloed off. I personally wasn’t as annoyed about this as others, because I view these games as anthologies of varying tone and style. Which, btw, II does a lot more to vary tone and feel. But as isolated little things, I’s narratives are p okay imho.
3. To me this is the biggest problem. I is formulaic to the point of farce. Go to town, find out there’s a prob, go to dungeon—all of which are tiny and relatively uninteresting other than encounters/treasure btw—wrince and repeat. This formula, with no exceptions iirc, is the formula and that’s what soured me on the first.

II fixes literally all of this. But again, if you want more, you could do worse than playing a middling throwback after an all-time great.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I think all sting has done the last 15 years is re-release stuff.

Having said that, I'd love it if they did gungnir, I played through it like 10 times

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

A massive thank you for the Bayonetta recommendation. What a lovely game, a real treat.
I've been smiling while playing it so much that my face actually hurts a we bit.

Just the right amount of character, but most importantly for me, is it has sensible accessibility options. I've never been particularly good at games, happy to describe myself as well below average, so I start a lot of games that I initially love only to bounce off them once things get going. This is one that I can dial back enough to progress, without it becoming piss easy.
One of the things I'm loving about (some) games now, is the ability to tailor them to my wonky brain, as well as my increasingly :corsair: reality.
The thought of having a difficulty slider for the likes of Elden Ring is abhorrent of course, but having stuff like this available to old broke-brain fucks like me (and some of you) is cool and good.

Okay, I'm off to throw my stuffed cat around a bit more...

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Octopath 2 has random battles, yeah?

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remakes are tempting me...Turtwig is king. :allears:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Read After Burning posted:

Octopath 2 has random battles, yeah?

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remakes are tempting me...Turtwig is king. :allears:
when i played brilliant diamond, i never bothered evolving my turtwig because he was already the perfect being.

when i fought the elite four... that actually turned out to be a smart move, because without ground secondary-typing, turters was able to tank a surprise ice fang and lead me to victory!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

KingSlime posted:

They're asking the switch thread instead of typing that question into Google so it may be a skill issue on their end

Phoneotopia seems cool but a bit clunky y'all. I was expecting a smooth as butter metroidvania but it feels closer to a polished Zelda 2. I'll keep playing tho

Mega64 who is this thread's Phoneotopia Champion pretty called it an ideal Zelda 2 and I'd agree. It's very good but it's a metroidvania in the way Zelda games are and it plays like Zelda 2 should've.

ImpAtom posted:

If you want to play it you should play it before OP2 because while it isn't bad OP2 just is a huge improvement in general.

The real question is should I get Live A Live or OP2 first? I can always do more JRPGS, but I feel like OP2 being more modern I may have to adapt a bit much for Live a Live.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Live a live is fantastic and short for an rpg. It doesn't overstay its welcome.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Is there anyone else in this thread who is excited about Nobunaga's Ambition Awakening?
I looked last night and there is no physical western release I can find so I bought an import copy.
I spent a lot of time at my Uncle's house when I was 11 trying to figure out the original NA / RotTK / BKoAC. So good when you get it figured out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Octopath II is a very modern game with modern sensibilities slapped over an oldschool skin.

Live A Live is a very pretty, very old, very ahead of its time game.

They’re both good but it would depend on your tolerance for quirks in LAL, and your interest in how experimental a game is willing to be as well.

Octopath does have random encounters. I’d say it’s the only concession to its ancestors that’s actually a straight negative. Something they can fix for the third, I hope.