Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Endorph posted:

no reverie doesnt do anything like that either

its literally just a couple broken accessories and endgame consumables

The Zero+Azure and CS3+CS4 ones are literally just tier 0 Gladiator Headband and Gladiator Belt, they've got the same effect but worse stats. There's two other better tiers of the Headbands and Belts, too. The max rank reward for CS4 is pretty good, but this is the game that lets you give every member of your party +25000 HP within the first four hours if you want, so "broken" is pretty relative here. (Maybe +50000 HP? I haven't checked whether you can equip two of the same accessory.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
You absolutely can equip two of the same accessory

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Two Grail Lockets, to be on the safe side.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unless I'm missing it there's no way to save different orbment setups for inside and outside of the Corridor, right? It's super annoying to have to redo my poo poo every time.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Just dipping into the thread to say I'm playing through on Abyss and just beat the beat the first boss on the Rean path while meeting the turn time requirement for RP and I am very happy right now.

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 12, 2023

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

Just dipping into the thread to say I'm playing through on Abyss and just beat the beat the first boss on the Rean path while meeting the turn time requirement for RP and I am verh happy right now.q

Congratulations, that's hosed up, good job

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

CubeTheory posted:

Just dipping into the thread to say I'm playing through on Abyss and just beat the beat the first boss on the Rean path while meeting the turn time requirement for RP and I am verh happy right now.q

It took me multiple tries to do that on Hard wtaf

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
There was... some... grinding

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

Everytime I read/hear the name McBurn about a fire man character it makes me laugh

Last Celebration posted:

I just assume he named himself, which probably makes it even goofier but when you’re basically JRPG Saiyan Saga Vegeta who the gently caress is gonna call you out on it?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He’s the best

I love my Cotton Candy Demon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Am I the only one who gets to a minigame and is like "Man, this is surprisingly tough" only to realize at the end that I have high speed on?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Would people find it interesting for me to post my Abyss boss strategies and builds as I play? I was thinking about it, but I'm not sure if anyone cares lol.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

ImpAtom posted:

Am I the only one who gets to a minigame and is like "Man, this is surprisingly tough" only to realize at the end that I have high speed on?

Yes, you are the only one

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

CubeTheory posted:

Would people find it interesting for me to post my Abyss boss strategies and builds as I play? I was thinking about it, but I'm not sure if anyone cares lol.

I'd be interested, at the very least.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CubeTheory posted:

sure, id be into it

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Good god is this translation sloppy

There are an assload of typos in the Reverie mission descriptions later in the game. They tell you to do things in the wrong stratum, cook the wrong number of dishes and other random poo poo.

I just cooked a dish whose description says it restores 300 CP. I find that to be highly unlikely!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh yeah I think fish keep giving me thinks like "20" S-tablets and when I checked afterward I only had 9.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Cold Steel 3 was also riddled with typos in the recipes. I don't think they ever got officially fixed.

(Reverie) I'm now in the second part of Lloyd's Route in Act 2. I can't help but think back to some dialogue from the last part of Cold Steel 4's final dungeon, where Gaius says:

Gaius posted:

Since becoming a Dominion, I’ve had to revise my world view many times as my truths have turned out to be lies. But what I’m certain of is that this world – along with Erebonia, Nord, and the other countries of Zemuria – is real.

Even at the time that felt like a suspiciously specific affirmation. Now, at the point where I am, there has been an awful lot of jargon in Reverie which - along with many of the bizarre reveals or clarifications in CS 4 - gives me a strong impression that Gaius was wrong.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 14, 2023

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Bought Cold Steel on Steam to replay on steam deck soon, anyone have a 15-point save? My PS4 one doesn't help much right now lol.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

MythosDragon posted:

Bought Cold Steel on Steam to replay on steam deck soon, anyone have a 15-point save? My PS4 one doesn't help much right now lol.

This should do, a clear save on Nightmare, all 15 points: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pCk9AqfaQolC80nQ9zkzQb-mz0KmDsSM/view?usp=drive_link

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Thank you very much.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

(Minor From Zero NPC spoilers)

Is Anton the NPC from TiTS that always tried to get the Bracers to do support requests to essentially find dates? I’m doing his SSS support request in Zero and I can’t totally put my finger in if he was in the first game.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

TheMightyBoops posted:

Is Anton the NPC from TiTS that always tried to get the Bracers to do support requests to essentially find dates? I’m doing his SSS support request in Zero and I can’t totally put my finger in if he was in the first game.

Yes its the same Anton from Liberl

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

TheMightyBoops posted:

He's the one who tried to outdrink Aina

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

(Reverie) I'm now in the second part of Lloyd's Route in Act 2. I can't help but think back to some dialogue from the last part of Cold Steel 4's final dungeon, where Gaius says:

Even at the time that felt like a suspiciously specific affirmation. Now, at the point where I am, there has been an awful lot of jargon in Reverie which - along with many of the bizarre reveals or clarifications in CS 4 - gives me a strong impression that Gaius was wrong.

I've been thinking that very same thing. I just replayed CS4 so that whole scene is fresh in my mind.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Okay, 'Zemuria is a computer simulation' or some sort of 'we're in a video game, the player was helping us all along' deal would be a hair too far for me.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
(Reverie, Act II, Lloyd Route, Part 2)

Fight beaten.

Any good strategies for the boss of the Ancient Battlefield, with its 40 turn limit for bonus RP? Admittedly, I didn't get into that fight with full CP/HP, but it wasn't too bad, but 500,000+ HP between two enemies is a LOT to chew through, and *** Lechter *** is a really lovely character to be forced to use in a boss fight, they have ONE attack craft.

EDIT: I forgot to remember their elemental weaknesses (other than Fire), that could maybe help a little. Their elemental weaknesses? Status Ailments to protect against?

EDIT 2: Won, barely, on turn 39.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 13, 2023

...!
Oct 5, 2003

More CS4 spoilers + Reverie speculation:

Furthermore, no one knows what (if anything) lies beyond Zemuria. Ask anyone on the continent and they'll tell you with 100% confidence that Zemuria is all that exists on their planet even though no one has ever checked. For all intents and purposes, anything beyond Zemuria on their world maps is pure "here thar be dragons" territory, like on old Earth world maps.

And if you say to a random person, "OK, but just hear me out: what if you're wrong and there are other places than Zemuria?" then that person will be completely incurious about the matter. McBurn knows that he comes from outside Zemuria but even he doesn't remember if that means he's from somewhere else on the planet or another dimension. Edit: Well, he did seem to remember at the end of the game but wouldn't divulge the answer. But his entire attitude toward Rean and co. did a 180 degree turn when he did. He knows Campanella was hiding something important about it from him and is not happy about that.

I'm getting a real strong vibe that the world in Reverie is being invaded from somewhere "outside" and that we're going to get some serious answers to those questions.

...! fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 13, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

...! posted:

More CS4 spoilers + Reverie speculation:

Furthermore, no one knows what (if anything) lies beyond Zemuria. Ask anyone on the continent and they'll tell you with 100% confidence that Zemuria is all that exists on their planet even though no one has ever checked.

This isn't entirely true, can't remember which game but I recall a discussion about attempts to sail or fly away from Zemuria always lead to confusion and finding yourself heading back to the continent.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one theory ive seen people have is that zemuria is actually inside a larger world somehow, or some kind of lost continent for an outside world. its one letter off from lemuria, and theres a fuckton of Magic Towers, and the term McBurn uses in Japanese is literally just 'outside,' as in the sentence 'im going outside.'

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just hope that whatever the explanation is, they've already actually come up with it. I'm not sure how much I trust the writers to plan that far ahead, though I'd like to believe that they at least know the explanations for things like "what's happening in the far east?" or "what's Ouroboros trying to do?"

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
part of the solution falls into place when the Zemurian Space Program tries to go to the moon or something

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

As an aside, Zemuria is most likely just the Japanese transliteration of https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%97%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%BB%D1%8F Zemlya: ze-mu-ri-a. Russian for Earth.

Although,

Endorph posted:

one theory ive seen people have is that zemuria is actually inside a larger world somehow, or some kind of lost continent for an outside world. its one letter off from lemuria, and theres a fuckton of Magic Towers, and the term McBurn uses in Japanese is literally just 'outside,' as in the sentence 'im going outside.'

almost certainly a pun based on this, too.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

(Reverie, Act II, Lloyd Route, Part 2)

Any good strategies for the boss of the Ancient Battlefield, with its 40 turn limit for bonus RP? Admittedly, I didn't get into that fight with full CP/HP, but it wasn't too bad, but 500,000+ HP between two enemies is a LOT to chew through, and *** Lechter *** is a really lovely character to be forced to use in a boss fight, they have ONE attack craft.

EDIT: I forgot to remember their elemental weaknesses (other than Fire), that could maybe help a little. Their elemental weaknesses? Status Ailments to protect against?

I don't remember doing anything in particular for that one on Hard, I'm afraid. One thing that'll help is to use Rixia's Brave Order early and then Chrono Drive, so that they stack together into a four-turn SPD Up (L). Beyond that, trigger the spoiler character's Brave Order for the damage + Insight, since it's the best effect you have available, and Rixia will avoid a surprising number of attacks with her native evade boosted by Insight. You're past the point where inventories get merged, so Rean's branch has a Rage quartz available for auto crits after counterattacks (it's in a treasure chest in the Underground). Going over to that side to grab it may help you do a little extra damage with Rixia, especially since it has +10% Evade on it.

One boss has Seal + Nightmare, I think, but I also think he only starts using that Craft after he hits 50% and uses Enhance. It's Cao.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Any good strategies for the boss of the Ancient Battlefield, with its 40 turn limit for bonus RP?

Here's what I had on going into that fight on Abyss. Most of it is just what they had on from fighting the cube guy earlier.

Main thing is do the other routes first, since you get an extremely good MQ out of it.
Also make sure you have someone set in the Extra party slot, since you won't be able to use United Fronts without it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Daydream: A Day in the life of the SSS:
- Am I really supposed to be pretending that Mecha Mishy Mk. II was just a benevolent student project with no evil intentions? A "computer virus" can only do stuff with existing hardware, it doesn't add new stuff. It cannot add weapons where there were none. Something not intended for heavy combat would also not have heavy combat armor needed for all that bulk HP.

You can't be serious about this.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

VHGS posted:

United Fronts

You know, honestly, United Front is a pretty decent term, but it's still weird to read that when my brain is still going "Valiant Rage!!"

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

VHGS posted:

Here's what I had on going into that fight on Abyss. Most of it is just what they had on from fighting the cube guy earlier.

Main thing is do the other routes first, since you get an extremely good MQ out of it.
Also make sure you have someone set in the Extra party slot, since you won't be able to use United Fronts without it.

Einander posted:

I don't remember doing anything in particular for that one on Hard, I'm afraid. One thing that'll help is to use Rixia's Brave Order early and then Chrono Drive, so that they stack together into a four-turn SPD Up (L). Beyond that, trigger the spoiler character's Brave Order for the damage + Insight, since it's the best effect you have available, and Rixia will avoid a surprising number of attacks with her native evade boosted by Insight. You're past the point where inventories get merged, so Rean's branch has a Rage quartz available for auto crits after counterattacks (it's in a treasure chest in the Underground). Going over to that side to grab it may help you do a little extra damage with Rixia, especially since it has +10% Evade on it.

One boss has Seal + Nightmare, I think, but I also think he only starts using that Craft after he hits 50% and uses Enhance. It's Cao.

Thanks for the info, I gave it another try a little earlier, going in with full CP/BP, and I managed to pull off a win on Turn 39.

I did not have any access to the Underground, since I hadn't started the third route yet. I was following Terper's suggested play order earlier.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 13, 2023

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Why do you even play these games man?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The joke with Mishy is that he is an amped up version of live action tokusatsu shows. Him being heavily armed is part of the joke. 'Heavily armed mascot/animatronic' is literally a long running joke trope. Like Cait Sith from FF7 is one and by that time the joke was already old hat.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mostly just took Mecha Mishy War Crimes Edition to be taken in the spirit of a silly gag. It's literally a Daydream!