Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

General Battuta posted:

gently caress no. You don't even get your name on the cover.
I suspected as much but that blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Panderfringe posted:

they got rid of lakshmi to avoid paying the kind of money shohreh demanded

:colbert: They should be grateful it was only that much. Because she's worth every cent.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They did the Future War Cult dirty

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They did all of them dirty. First a couple of tries at faction rally, all of which were flawed, then a year or two where you could talk to them but it never accomplished anything, then a year where you couldn't even talk to them any more, then they all disappear and leave only a bunch of world pool weapons/armor and three mysteriously decorated areas of the Tower

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Factions are made up a bunch of huge dorks.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I suspected as much but that blows.

Yeah with the number of printings they've gone through, it definitely would've helped me get out of the black mold roach pit I lived in post-Bungie a little sooner. :( Work for hire do be that way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
FWC and DO had mildly interesting ideas behind them, but as a whole the factions were very lame and had added little to anything and I'm sorta glad Bungie just swept them all out the door. The only mildly cool thing about factions was Having A Character Voiced By Shohreh Aghdashloo, and hopefully this is leading up to her coming back in some form as Maya Sundaresh, a much cooler, more interesting character who has a much bigger impact on the story and is much more fitting of an actor that's gonna cost that much and is that talented.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still think it's really funny that the New Monarchy wanted King Zavala

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I missed the raid talk but in short

All raids are good.

All encounters are good.

Even the bad ones.

More raids please.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
:siren: :siren: :siren: https://twitter.com/pijinnn_/status/1679107424228200448?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can't wait to play some Eruption!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Due to an issue, Cenotaph Mask has been disabled in Crucible

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Marathon is going to have like three guns and one set of armor.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You mean a return to equal playing field skill based shooters??????

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The original Marathon had 7 (up to 9 in the sequels) weapons and no armor customization at all so that's at least faithful to the franchise

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bungie's best PvP shooter ever had little to no armor customization to speak of.

Having said that I'm sure Marathon will have tons of armor locked behind microtransactions.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Isn't the whole point of an extraction shooter to escape with more stuff, so you can bring nicer stuff into the next game? That doesn't sound like a level playing field

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

haveblue posted:

Yeah, I don't think we're getting Lakshmi-3. We may get additional lore dumps that recontextualize her history further but that role in the story isn't coming back. RIP factions

I was implying that when we do finally see Maya in game, she'll be voiced by Shohreh

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The pronoun usage is sloppy here but I'm fairly certain "her voice" means "Lakshmi", since the next part ("her memories") definitely refers to Lakshmi and not Maya

Shohreh and Peter and James are probably not returning to the studio any time soon

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

My brain assigned "Her Memories" to Maya, not Lakshmi. Why would it be notable if Lakshmi had Lakshmi's memories? That's... normal. What isn't normal is if Lakshmi has Maya's memories and Maya's voice. That would be weird and worth noting.

I think all the pronouns refer to Maya.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RocketRaygun posted:

My brain assigned "Her Memories" to Maya, not Lakshmi. Why would it be notable if Lakshmi had Lakshmi's memories? That's... normal. What isn't normal is if Lakshmi has Maya's memories and Maya's voice. That would be weird and worth noting.

But they also mentioned it is Unknown if Lakshmi had any memories of Neptune & Maya.

If Lakshmi had her-meaning-maya's memories, it wouldn't be Unknown if Lakshmi had memories of Neptune & Maya

What does make sense is that Lakshi has Lakshmi's voice (it's the Lakshmi exo chassis) and that Lakshmi has some of Lakshmi's memories (but not all of her memories, since it was a braindead exo)

One thing I'll add is that I think either read on it is defensible. What tips me into 'Certain' territory is that my read on it wouldn't require the same VA for potential Maya dialogue in the future :laugh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RocketRaygun posted:

I think that's an unnecessarily complicated interpretation and the simpler way is equally disturbing. Plus, this way you get the implication that the Lakshmi-2 we've always known throughout the games was not a normal exo but rather some kind of unethically sourced veil golem, which reflects intriguingly on what we know of FWC's secrets and what they were doing before and during Season of the Splicer. You don't have to add Maya's memories to get that setup

Has Bungie ever established where the Device originally came from and how FWC got their hands on it?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Any Myth references in this game? Or Oni?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Only in Dares of Eternity, which was part of the 30th Anniversary Pack

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

ya know, the whole light and dark thing. Also the nine and that people have visions that come to them in dreams.

It's not a direct reference but with all bungie games their lore rhymes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
When is Bungie gonna make a character in Destiny called Joyeuse, I ask you.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

MJeff posted:

It was on Io

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

When the gently caress are we getting Peter Stormare back as another character?
Absolutely loving wasted him on the DO guy.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MJeff posted:

Little surprised Halo under 343 didn't do that

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

I gave up trying to do the exotic scout quest last week because the freeze melee modifier was wrecking my team mates. i signed on this week hoping for something more forgiving and it's attrition (lol!)

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Turkey Farts posted:

I gave up trying to do the exotic scout quest last week because the freeze melee modifier was wrecking my team mates. i signed on this week hoping for something more forgiving and it's attrition (lol!)

I will offer in spite of the mutual knowledge that the real game is fill in collections boxes, but the bad tool is in fact bad and lame, and easily done without. But still plenty of time left to wait for a better modifier.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/KathrynTewson/status/1679245991692869632?s=20

https://twitter.com/KathrynTewson/status/1679245995253862400?s=20

Absolutely batshit read. This loser hosed with DMG's family so hard Washington came up with a new kind of tort.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Turkey Farts posted:

Yeah gently caress that, I don't have the skill nor patience so I'll wait for next week's modifiers

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Absolutely batshit read. This loser hosed with DMG's family so hard Washington came up with a new kind of tort.
For as much poo poo as people give Bungie it's heartening to see them stand up for their employees like this and confront the shitstains who think they're immune behind the keyboard.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

My team bounced off whetstone hard last week because of the melee slow modifier, but oddly we found attrition to be a much friendlier time since it has some upside. The leg mod that causes orbs to heal a chunk of hp was crucial.
Took a few runs but we eventually got it down with a well, two thunderlords, and me on tractor cannon+ star eater scales arc hunter.
Having a map with the expected minotaur spawns was huuuuge. There's a limited number of places they can be, and they get closer to the center the lower the boss health is.
Definitely satisfying to get the kill but goddamn did this need to be a separate mission from deep dives.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, there are things you can do about a lack of health or regen but if you get slowed you're just hosed

Also this week you have radar

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

LOL holy poo poo. Go King County.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/7_13_23_twid

-Crucible spawns have been kinda hosed since the beginning of the season, they are being moved back to the previous not-as-hosed state for a second try at making them not hosed at all

-Solstice will drop a Strand rocket launcher (which IMO should be labeled a Rope rocket launcher), and the EAZ is harder now. Everything else is the same as last time

-The fish-themed witherhoard ornament won

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I hope DMG gets some (or all) of that payout. That is, of course, if the harasser even pays and doesn't continue to blow off the court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Weird how they got rid of warmind balls and charged with light (because it was convoluted) and gave us 5 different elemental pick up mcguffins, strand balls, and armor charge. (Not convoluted?)