Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadowzero313
Feb 6, 2009
i am itching to go to the nw nats next week, gently caress i miss them hot rods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Calling Continental's IMSA race tires from that period 'good' is a significant stretch.

Continental's tires in general are pretty meh

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Lamborghini has officially announced their hypercar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mngH12C7HA

coconono posted:

for that price I could score a rebranded Autozam AZ-1 and a turbo

The thunder is less than 400kgs with more than 200hp, isn’t a skeletonized az1 in the 1000kgs ballpark?

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jul 13, 2023

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

Now put the Iron Dames in it, you cowards!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I first saw that Lambo out of context and no lie, I thought it was the Vanwall.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I don't care if it turns out to be a giant green turd of a car. It looks amazing to me!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

In a move no-one could possibly have predicted, having used their full season WEC entry to get a LeMans start, Glickenhaus now don't want to do the full season.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

SlowBloke posted:

it must be really fun to find a balance between aero optimization and still include enough house design cues to keep a hint of brand identity

all these new spaceships are a treat to watch race

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend.

https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/festival-of-speed/programme/

https://www.youtube.com/live/s1x2sVTm3EI

marshalljim fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 13, 2023

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

A Hyundai binned it and they took an hour to rearrange some hay bins

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Dudley posted:

I first saw that Lambo out of context and no lie, I thought it was the Vanwall.

Lambo is far more spiky/squarish

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

To be fair, it's not like anyone has ever seen the back of the Vanwall, you'd have to be behind it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Lambo should be awarded points for the front lights alone

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

shadowzero313 posted:

i am itching to go to the nw nats next week, gently caress i miss them hot rods

I'll be hiding in one of the ticket booths, allegedly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SlowBloke posted:

The thunder is less than 400kgs with more than 200hp, isn’t a skeletonized az1 in the 1000kgs ballpark?

60HP is just a start.

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023

Dudley posted:

In a move no-one could possibly have predicted, having used their full season WEC entry to get a LeMans start, Glickenhaus now don't want to do the full season.

Ditchenhaus.

Hope Jim enjoyed wasting his money

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

CodFishBalls posted:

Ditchenhaus.

Hope Jim enjoyed wasting his money

I hope ACO ditches his rear end since the hypercar grid is full now.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SlowBloke posted:

I hope ACO ditches his rear end since the hypercar grid is full now.

I understand the spirit but honestly if you're too broke (or tight) to do things like testing to optimize the car you've homologated...

the Lamborghini looks awesome, it sounds like there'll be one in the WEC and one in the IMSA Endurance rounds next year. I'm sure that'll expand in 2025 because Lambo seems to be taking up the customer racing mantle Audi is putting down.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, it's that the FIA got fooled twice that surprises me. Of course he doesn't want to do Bahrain, no-one wants to do Bahrain, it's a poo poo hole.

But having a full season entry is how you get LeMans invites and he's managed to get one without the other twice now.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't he the one who also whined a few years back when the WEC made a poster that prominently featured Toyota on it rather than them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

we just had a double top fuel shutoff during our TV window. Mike Salinas was convinced his dragster was going to blow so he got out and ran into the stands.

Drag racing fuckin rules.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

coconono posted:

we just had a double top fuel shutoff during our TV window. Mike Salinas was convinced his dragster was going to blow so he got out and ran into the stands.

Drag racing fuckin rules.

I don’t watch much drag racing but I always enjoy your posts about it. 20 years ago my dad and uncle raced a Firebird in NHRA. Can’t remember the class they were in (maybe stock or super stock?) but they usually were in the 11 second range if I remember right. I used to travel with them and help where I could. Cool scene, cool people.

All the strips in the Phoenix area are gone now. I miss it a lot!

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 15, 2023

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Glickenhaus still has to pay fines if he doesn't show for races, which is probably why the ACO continue to let him play. (also the political clout of having kept their fancy new class on life support for 2 years helps too)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I don’t watch much drag racing but I always enjoy your posts about it. 20 years ago my dad and uncle raced a Firebird in NHRA. Can’t remember the class they were in (maybe stock or super stock?) but they usually were in the 11 second range if I remember right. I used to travel with them and help where I could. Cool scene, cool people.

All the strips in the Phoenix area are gone now. I miss it a lot!

I think that's Superstock but both classes have 11sec indexes. Both have a bunch of sub classes.

I think they're working on preserving Wildhorse Pass since it makes money for the native families whose land the strip lives on.

coconono fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 15, 2023

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cool things I learned tonight

Ron Capps is gonna do some SRX dirt races

And Joe Castello says fire in a way that moves me deeply

https://youtu.be/-cIG3YmqR14

Please sub to NHRA.tv my children miss me

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Just tuned in to Goodwood and...

https://twitter.com/Zero2Turbo/status/1680569862379171840

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
i would simply stay on the road

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Do cows eat the lightly crashed hay later?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I love that camera view where it’s so tight you only see the car until the moment it hits the hay bails.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Somebody took a corner off a Leyton House March F1 car as well, which :psyduck: how do you do that on hay bales?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Do they use tire warmers before the start on the hill climb?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Bip Roberts posted:

Do they use tire warmers before the start on the hill climb?

The live broadcast didn't show any when I watched it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Also the 911 GT1 lost its rear wing, eh it’s fine I’m sure they’ll all get fixed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It’ll pop right back on

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The goodwood coverage I watched a little of kinda made me a bit mad because they kept talking about lame crap to stop dead air.. I just wanted to hear each of the cool cars make real neat car noises.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

TBH that's all I want out of a lot of events. I'll pay extra even, just make no-commentary feeds available please.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

tater_salad posted:

The goodwood coverage I watched a little of kinda made me a bit mad because they kept talking about lame crap to stop dead air.. I just wanted to hear each of the cool cars make real neat car noises.

https://youtube.com/@19Bozzy92

For all your cool car noises needs.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Xerol posted:

TBH that's all I want out of a lot of events. I'll pay extra even, just make no-commentary feeds available please.

I mean it's neat hearing that billy pip is driving the car when the original leather gloves that Peter bibbens wore when he drove the 1968 automobile to victory in lemans . But also lemme hear that baby purr.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Liam Lawson is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like the NHRA announcers because they’re funny as poo poo. But I also sit in the heat all day so maybe it’s just my brain melting.