Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Hm, not sure this will stand actually. German authorities are basing this on European sanctions banning the import of cars and taking an expansive view of what "import" means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

All the cars I saw in Berlin last month with Russian plates were luxury vehicles.

What I’m saying is: gently caress ‘em.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We will deplete their strategic Lada stockpiles by any means necessary.

The kinds of russians who have passports and vacations in Europe,
aren't the poors having to save up for a Lada (or I guess, these days, a Chery or a Geely).

The well-to-do prefer BMWs and Mercedes and things like that.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

beer_war posted:

Hm, not sure this will stand actually. German authorities are basing this on European sanctions banning the import of cars and taking an expansive view of what "import" means.

It seems really silly and petty. I can't see how it could hold up in court.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah. Look at Helsinki airport carpark and you see rows of luxury SUVs on Russian plates.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I want an episode of Achtung Kontrolle! where a man with a clipboard tells drivers that their Russian car is forbidden.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

mikerock posted:

All the cars I saw in Berlin last month with Russian plates were luxury vehicles.

This is also true of all the Ukrainian cars I've seen in Austria, Germany, Belgium and Spain.

It makes sense, seeing as they were the ones most likely to be able to afford to leave.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

e: Oh there were other posts and also this is the Ukraine War thread, apparently.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Samovar posted:

The IMF is predatory and engages in economic exploitation. But, uh, the people trying to depopulate Ukraine are OBVIOUSLY the greater, immediate and more existential threat to the peoples of Ukraine.

Look on the bright side, maybe Ukraine could use their arms to shoot at the debt collectors.

To be fair to IMF, after 2008 they’ve shifted from neoclassical theory towards a more Keynesian approach. Remember that they saw the effect austerity had on a European this time

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Captain Splendid posted:

This is also true of all the Ukrainian cars I've seen in Austria, Germany, Belgium and Spain.

It makes sense, seeing as they were the ones most likely to be able to afford to leave.

I've seen a fair few cars with Ukrainian plates where I am recently (SW UK) and they've pretty much all been normal cars, nothing fancy. Seems to have gone up a fair bit recently too.

Hope they like the amount of Ukranian flags etc that are flying around the place.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Captain Splendid posted:

I’ve seen quite few Ukrainian cars in my area and most of them were normal to run-down.

I don’t think there’s much to read into this kind of anecdotal evidence, except that war sucks.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

rodbeard posted:

That thing Xi is doing is called capitalism

i'm laughing at this post but only because it hurts so loving bad to do otherwise

seeing maoism v2 in 202X is genuinely heartbreaking and i really wish i could still make jokes about it but poo poo is already real bad and it's definitely gonna get worse before it gets better

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

BigglesSWE posted:

And you just know he'd shank them over anyway, delivering these to the Ukrainians:

shocking footage of Ukrainian jav destroying a tank

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Coolguye posted:

i'm laughing at this post but only because it hurts so loving bad to do otherwise

seeing maoism v2 in 202X is genuinely heartbreaking and i really wish i could still make jokes about it but poo poo is already real bad and it's definitely gonna get worse before it gets better

The good news is that Xi will eventually die someday and maybe there’s a chance a non-sociopath can take over.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

The good news is that Xi will eventually die someday and maybe there’s a chance a non-sociopath can take over.

In one party-system such as China I don't think its realistic expectation to become the Supreme Leader without being a sociopath, unfortunately.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
Lmao

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/dJJsU8D.mp4

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Roblo posted:

I've seen a fair few cars with Ukrainian plates where I am recently (SW UK) and they've pretty much all been normal cars, nothing fancy. Seems to have gone up a fair bit recently too.

Hope they like the amount of Ukranian flags etc that are flying around the place.

Same for the couple I've seen in the NW, I think the first one I saw was a fairly old people carrier/minivan, hardly a luxury car.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

This is amazing:lol:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Bluemillion posted:

I'm gonna take that report with exactly 5 grains of salt, one for each page of your rap sheet.

lol

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Theres a alternate universe where WW2 was very short because Germany invaded Poland with a float of hidrogen filled zeppelins.

Comming back to reality, this war looks like is going to be long. I don't see Ukrania losing. I don't see Russia losing Sebastopol. No side is really all that motivate to stop. Only russia collapsing could end the war quick... but ... at what price?, the new republics may start wars themselves, but maybe not ontop of one of world farms that feed half the world.

Tei fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 13, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The new warhammer minis looking pretty weird.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Anders posted:

To be fair to IMF, after 2008 they’ve shifted from neoclassical theory towards a more Keynesian approach. Remember that they saw the effect austerity had on a European this time

Very, very dark lol.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
If Germany want to confiscate all the BMWs and Audis, perhaps they could take the time to install working indicators and brakes that allow drivers not to tailgate 5" behind the vehicle in front.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Or just brake check them!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://nitter.net/Flash_news_ua/status/1679469290221629443#m

quote:

In the morning, the russian army attacked the Zmiinyi Island with a high-explosive bomb.

This was reported by the spokeswoman of the Southern Defense Forces Nataliia Humeniuk.

"These are, most likely, signs of attention that are related to the "grain agreement", - Humeniuk noted.
Or more likely it's because they're butthurt about Zelensky visiting it again.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Drone_Fragger posted:

Look out! Putins gonna to really poo poo his pants over this one!!

So this is what the RT talking heads meant by, "holding back". All his previous poo poo's were him showing restraint.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Futanari Damacy posted:

There are no words to describe the criminality of Ukraine's leadership in creating a situation where the country can have no future by taking on such ruinous debt.

The state's very existence is in peril, and the greatest threat is coming from within.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Eat poo poo

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

:golfclap:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1679427187097624578

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
wholesome cozy lamp, would order from Etsy

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

That's what happens when you elect a COMEDIAN for President :smug:

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

What kind of bureaucratic nightmare it must be supply ammunition for all those types of guns

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL

Mikojan posted:

What kind of bureaucratic nightmare it must be supply ammunition for all those types of guns

Yes, it probably would be a bureaucratic nightmare. Fortunately for the Russian leadership they can just not bother and avoid the entire problem.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

LOL

There are no words for this minus loving embarrassing. You'd think this was Ukraine doing this for their troops but not Russia. Just lmao

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eh its tbh probably less of an issue than what Ukraine is facing with heavier ordnance

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It's very hapsburgian to have like 35 different ammo types

Can't remember what happened to their military structure

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
there's going to be a whole bunch of museums with nothing left to display

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Guys j finally get it.

Ukraine faked the war to do insurance fraud on the IMF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRgRz3nSG7o