Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mondomole
Jun 16, 2023

echinopsis posted:

I had a CODE too but with clears and drat am I like jesus on steroids with that board

Jesus always struck me as one who doesn't totally optimize for ergonomics in all of his life decisions.

And besides, in between miracles he somehow takes on a dozen students full time and debates them constantly. How would he even have time to do anything at the desk between all the lecturing about literally everything he came across in his travels? Not to be too whatever-the-opposite-of-anachronistic-is, but he would have been a Logitech K120 guy for sure, steroids or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

you know he'd have a great wooden palm rest, though

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i have a wasd v2 with browns and these caps https://www.wasdkeyboards.com/doubleshot-pbt-104-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set-black-slate.html

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Agile Vector posted:

you know he'd have a great wooden palm rest, though

they always say that he was a carpenter, but do we know that he was a good carpenter? i mean come on it's not like anyone remembers him for that

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

:cheers:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

they always say that he was a carpenter, but do we know that he was a good carpenter? i mean come on it's not like anyone remembers him for that

imagine what a chair provably made by jesus would mean to a lot of people.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

not enough good keycaps with shine-through legends imo. i do like that about the code keeb

I bought mine without key caps. god knows how it was for sale here in nz second hand, and I got shine thru PBT keycaps BUT the ones I got, where it’s a number key with also like &&$)-!? on it, the $& is at the bottom and isn’t illuminated by the LED

:cry:

so it’s borderline substandard compared to a legit CODE keycap set. there must be switches that exist with LEDs on both top and bottom to illuminate all of the shine thru parts..

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

joseph quietly sighing as he fixes another loose joint, 'gosh i hope this kid is good at something else'

Midjack posted:

imagine what a chair provably made by jesus would mean to a lot of people.

christ: check out this lumbar support

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
you know what i'm gonna risk a probe here but,

my kinesis freestyle 2 at work is fine

like it's obviously not as good as the freestyle edge but, it feels almost the same and I don't typo on it or anything

that said I wouldn't buy one for home

mondomole
Jun 16, 2023

Silver Alicorn posted:

you know what i'm gonna risk a probe here but,

my kinesis freestyle 2 at work is fine

This thing supports vertical tenting?? That's wild. I don't think I've ever seen something like that. How do you hold up your arms without getting exhausted?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I don’t have the vertical kit I just do 10 degrees and I have wrist rests

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Page 3? gently caress that.

Queued another one, will be here Saturday.

keychron k8 with reds, though it's hotswap so i can gently caress with it

i like the caps they're like off an old mainframe terminal or smth

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i'm thinking of justifying a k3 pro to go with my k3 so i can cart one to work. the pbt caps look slick, i just wish they were shine-through

there's abs replacements for the slim pros, but if it's a well-lit office and not my home den, then it won't matter as much-

-is what i tell myself, but glowing glyphs are cool

burning swine
May 26, 2004

echinopsis posted:

I bought mine without key caps. god knows how it was for sale here in nz second hand, and I got shine thru PBT keycaps BUT the ones I got, where it’s a number key with also like &&$)-!? on it, the $& is at the bottom and isn’t illuminated by the LED

:cry:

so it’s borderline substandard compared to a legit CODE keycap set. there must be switches that exist with LEDs on both top and bottom to illuminate all of the shine thru parts..

youre still better off, the official code keycaps are singleshot clear abs with black paint on them. they wear out very fast and become illegible

burning swine
May 26, 2004

code original on top and a nicer doubleshots below for comparison

thanks jeff

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Jonny 290 posted:

i would love one of these with buckling springs

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jonny 290 posted:

That specific color way is in tribute to the old IBM ThinkPads.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yea kinda is huh

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

[H] key should be red, 7/10

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

burning swine posted:

code original on top and a nicer doubleshots below for comparison

thanks jeff

interesting

coz the code is basically the perfect keyboard, as it is. i’d prefer usb C anda more stable port or some kind of clamp or something, but that’s about it

Jonny 290 posted:

those keycaps are sick. is that DSA profile?

pram spent thousands on a group by and got the super tall SA profile caps. in theory a taller keycap shouldn’t make a difference right? but I bet it feels different

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

echinopsis posted:

those keycaps are sick. is that DSA profile?

OSA.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

burning swine posted:

youre still better off, the official code keycaps are singleshot clear abs with black paint on them. they wear out very fast and become illegible

ive been using chef fatwood's code for 7 years now and i haven't had any of the keycaps go. the only thing that died is the led for the f key, probably because i spilled coffee on it.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

keychron has a board with the numpad on the left now and i am mighty tempted

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

jony neuemonic posted:

keychron has a board with the numpad on the left now and i am mighty tempted

I just bought a Q0 numpad and have it to the left of my Q10. I think it's my endgame layout. Alice 75% and a left numpad.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Just a regular PSA to buy Keychron boards from Amazon because Keychron's support will give you the runaround, make you jump through dozens of hoops, and still never accept a return or refund.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i have a code keyboard and like it but wish i could find pbt osa or dsa keycaps with shine through for it. seems like they dont really exist tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hell yea

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Jonny 290 posted:

yo where are these caps from? they come with the k8? i have a keychron coming my way too, a nice compact K2

burning swine
May 26, 2004

echinopsis posted:

interesting
coz the code is basically the perfect keyboard, as it is. i’d prefer usb C anda more stable port or some kind of clamp or something, but that’s about it

yeah I like everything else about the code, the keycaps were pretty disappointing.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

ive been using chef fatwood's code for 7 years now and i haven't had any of the keycaps go. the only thing that died is the led for the f key, probably because i spilled coffee on it.

Only took me about a year to start wearing them out. My code was also one of the early ones though, I think I pre-ordered it. Maybe they've improved since then? idk

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Armitag3 posted:

yo where are these caps from? they come with the k8? i have a keychron coming my way too, a nice compact K2

yep stock. see above, it feels real good

burning swine
May 26, 2004

not mine, but I ordered that set from massdrop fuckin' years ago and it looks like it's finally getting ready to ship

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

burning swine posted:

not mine, but I ordered that set from massdrop fuckin' years ago and it looks like it's finally getting ready to ship

real nice 👍

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Nice slab, that's the K3 slim or whatever isn't it

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

yup it's a K3

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Nice i wanna try out one of the slims next

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

burning swine posted:

wow this looks dope

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

burning swine posted:

yeah I like everything else about the code, the keycaps were pretty disappointing.

Only took me about a year to start wearing them out. My code was also one of the early ones though, I think I pre-ordered it. Maybe they've improved since then? idk

Taking a closer look the S key is starting to wear out on the edges. It's been my work computer so it's not getting gross gamer sweat all over it. The WASD keys on my WASD board (just the basic printed caps) got shiny as hell though.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

burning swine posted:

that's really pretty

hey, this is probably the right place to ask: where should I be looking if I want modern keyboard quality but some kind of grotesquely 1980s depravity? looks like my boss is going to walk over with his coffee and cigarette and be annoyed that I don't have an ashtray, maybe has a billion keys, and when the keys light up it either means there's a soviet missile launch or there's so much smog all our stuff broke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

disaster pastor posted:

that's really pretty

hey, this is probably the right place to ask: where should I be looking if I want modern keyboard quality but some kind of grotesquely 1980s depravity? looks like my boss is going to walk over with his coffee and cigarette and be annoyed that I don't have an ashtray, maybe has a billion keys, and when the keys light up it either means there's a soviet missile launch or there's so much smog all our stuff broke

You're probably looking for a Hyper 7. https://mechboards.co.uk/products/hyper-7-v4

$500 USD for a 173% abomination of an aircraft carrier (the class of keyboards even larger than so-called "battleships" that have more than 108 keys.)