Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

gonna need the uparmored brabus variant of the g wagon 6x6 for driving out to the cheesecake factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

'luxury pickup truck' is such an insane thing to read. Caterpillar gonna start selling luxury bulldozers

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

DaysBefore posted:

'luxury pickup truck' is such an insane thing to read. Caterpillar gonna start selling luxury bulldozers

luxury electric sports tank

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
You can already drive light tracked armoured vehicles in the UK, just put leather seats in an FV432 and you're good to go.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

BRB, going to Costco to pick up some groceries and 200 sqft of 5" Kevlar plating.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Luxury Abrams

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

DaysBefore posted:

Luxury killdozer

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Trouble with traffic? With the new Leopard SUT, you can just drive right over those pesky cars! Buy now and get a month's worth of ammo!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

Luxury Abrams

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nm wrong thread thought i was in the conspiracy zone thread

Real hurthling! has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Jul 13, 2023

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mawarannahr posted:

luxury electric sports tank

don't try to make me like it, come on

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

BalloonFish posted:

This point from a few days ago came to mind when I read this news story:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/couple-ordered-remove-diy-bike-8592300.amp

Easy solution to that is to buy a cheap box trailer, put a ramp on it so they can roll the bicycle up into it and leave it in front of their house with a wheel clamp.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Blackhawk posted:

Easy solution to that is to buy a cheap box trailer, put a ramp on it so they can roll the bicycle up into it and leave it in front of their house with a wheel clamp.

yeah that sounds easy

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You can't park a trailer on the street in a lot of places.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

skooma512 posted:

They anticipated population growth and housing demand and built infrastructure in advance?

Woah how wasteful. Anyway, we're going to spend actual trillions to prepare for a war nobody can fight because nukes exist.

i'm just super partial to china's subways because I got to wander across an empty dirt field in the middle of the night and then there was an oasis of fresh concrete with a stairwell leading down to a bran new subway line that we took into town. Where I ate so many dumplings.... anyway that station (and like 15 more built past it) are all densely infilled and like 4 more lines are under construction now so if I ever go back I'd have to go way out of my way to relive that surreal experience of modern infrastructure in the middle of nothing.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Harik posted:

i'm just super partial to china's subways because I got to wander across an empty dirt field in the middle of the night and then there was an oasis of fresh concrete with a stairwell leading down to a bran new subway line that we took into town. Where I ate so many dumplings.... anyway that station (and like 15 more built past it) are all densely infilled and like 4 more lines are under construction now so if I ever go back I'd have to go way out of my way to relive that surreal experience of modern infrastructure in the middle of nothing.

My city did that, built a light rail line to an empty sun blasted field.

They just never built anything else around that field for 15 years.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

president Xi I yearn for freedom

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Relevant to previous poo poo I've posted in this thread

https://www.pacourts.us/assets/opinions/Commonwealth/out/1376CD22_7-13-23.pdf?cb=1

The city of Pittsburgh tried to annex a neighboring distressed borough with the assent of that borough, the state court killed it. There is no lawful way for the city to expand their borders. This is why we can't have nice things.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

annex harrisburg then

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Keep the poo poo in Shittsburgh.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
in connecticut - one of the most car brained states in the entire country - 90% of "look at my beautiful photo" posts are taken from behind the wheel, on the highway

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
enjoying this series about struggles against highways in san diego

https://www.kpbs.org/podcasts/freeway-exit

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

yep, that sounds like Connecticut

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Polo-Rican posted:

in connecticut - one of the most car brained states in the entire country - 90% of "look at my beautiful photo" posts are taken from behind the wheel, on the highway

i loving love nature

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Sphyre posted:

i loving love nature

Yeah let's go to the drive through nature at the natural park.

USA USA USA

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
America is intentionally designed to be seen from the driver's seat

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lol

quote:

My husband’s seemingly harmless hobby has turned into an obsession. He’s missing work and it’s driving us apart. Do I have to accept it? Ask Lisi

Q My husband is obsessed with cars. He talks about cars all the time, watches car stuff on TV and the internet and even goes on trips to see special cars at special events. Usually the locations are fun, so the rest of the family can enjoy the vacation time.

But lately his obsession seems to be getting worse. His secretary has called me twice this month asking if I know where my husband is as he’s not answering her calls and is missing meetings. I think he’s at work, so I get worried. And then I find him at a car dealer, or a private home of another car fanatic.

My husband recently inherited some money from an aunt who passed away, enough for him to purchase a car or two. But we could also use that money for more family-oriented benefits, such as a renovation or vacation.

Cars are taking over my husband’s life and getting in the way of our relationship, not to mention our family life. What do I do?

Car widow

quote:

A This is definitely the first time I have ever received a question like this. Having a hobby or strong interest is healthy — it gives you a focus in life outside of your relationships, your family, your work. But if and when those interests turn into an obsession, the positive has now turned negative.

An obsession, by definition, is something that preoccupies you and intrudes on your daily thoughts. In other words, it puts you in a negative state. Your husband may not realize he has the crossed the line and that his interest is now negatively affecting you.

You need to talk to your husband. He may see your point of view and be able to dial it back. Or not. If the latter, he’ll need to speak to someone professionally.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

He's loving the cars

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
At least it's not drugs or gambling.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

withak posted:

At least it's not drugs or gambling.
How sure are you?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ham Equity posted:

How sure are you?

Pretty sure, unless the husband's hookups are all at car dealers or the homes of other car fanatics and he's going to the time and expense of buying multiple cars as an elaborate cover.

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/family-looking-answers-after-fatal-pedestrian-crash-north-union-township/SURQSLAVANEL7CE3W43KX2F2LM/

quote:

Family looking for answers after fatal pedestrian crash in North Union Township

NORTH UNION TOWNSHIP, Pa. — It was Wednesday afternoon when 36-year-old Prevail Hall was tragically killed on route 51.

Her family is devastated and wants answers from investigators.

Valerie Hall, feels like her family is being kept in the dark, not getting any information from state police about the death of her daughter-in-law Prevail Hall.

“Nobody will talk to us. And the only thing we knew to do is to let you know, so maybe you could find answers and tell us what’s going on,” Valerie said. “She was quiet. But she was willing to help people. That’s what she was doing the day of the accident.

Prevail was killed on July 12 right in front of their house, when she was hit by a speeding red car as she was riding her bike back home.

Her husband of 22 years heard the impact and ran over to see a horrific scene.

“He found her on the road. Her bicycle was about 50 yards away from her, mangled. She was mutilated,” Valerie said. “I mean, he’ll never get that image out of his mind for the rest of his life.”

Route 51 was shut down in both directions for several hours as state police investigated.

The driver of the car stopped.

Channel 11 learned he had a baby in the car.

“What happened to him? We don’t know where he went, what they did, if they took him or let him go,” Valerie said.

If you want to kill someone, kill them with your car. As long as you stop, you won't get in trouble.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If you don't stop you also probably won't get in trouble!

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

how does a 36-year old have a husband of 22 years

mystes
May 31, 2006

Megamissen posted:

by getting married in a state where 14 year olds are allowed to marry for some reason?

Apr 7, 2003

Megamissen posted:

Pretty sure they mean the mother’s husband and the article is just poorly written

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

People who intentionally smash glass bottles on the road or footpath should be punished by immediate execution, there's just no excuse for that poo poo.

Currently overhauling my gravel bike, first bit of significant maintenance I've done to it in 10 years (other than the occasional chain, brake pad, tires etc.). Super easy to do yourself at home, relatively cheap, most parts just need a clean and lube and should be good for another 10 years. A+ mode of transport, no notes.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
https://www.king5.com/article/traffic/traffic-news/5-killed-4-injured-collision-sr-509-tacoma/281-7f7a0de1-7af9-420d-9521-b524e1437243

quote:

TACOMA, Wash. — Six people were killed and three others were critically injured in a collision on State Route 509 in Tacoma Sunday, according to the Washington State Patrol.

The Washington State Department of Transportation tweeted that the collision happened just after 11:15 a.m. near Alexander Avenue.

Washington State Patrol Trooper John Dattilo said "I am extremely saddened to announce that as a result of this collision, 5 people have been pronounced deceased. 4 additional persons are in critical condition" in a tweet. Dattilo tweeted hours later that a sixth person died.

Traffic is being detoured from northbound SR 509 to Port of Tacoma Road. It is expected to be an extended closure and drivers are asked to avoid the area.

Totally normal and fine car culture we got.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Live by the car, die by the car :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
If it's more than 5 people does it count as a mass crashing