Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Christ, it’s like having pick back. The main character, the incessant talking about oneself, just jamming MEEEE into every possible thread orifice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Shithouse Dave posted:

Christ, it’s like having pick back. The main character, the incessant talking about oneself, just jamming MEEEE into every possible thread orifice

at least pick had the capacity to be funny

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
God shut the gently caress up about 3O literally y’all are making him the main character. Two pages of nothing but ranting about a lovely person with lovely takes.

AITA for pacifying my little niece in a "strange"/unnatural way when her mom doesn't like how i do it?

quote:

so i have autism and i cannot stand the sound of crying babies, not only is it grating to my ears but i feel like i have to do everything i can to help the baby feel better. i feel so bad about it and i gotta make the baby happy somehow; except i am REALLY bad at interacting with children and have no idea how to act around them normally. anyway, earlier i woke up to the sound of my little niece screaming because she accidentally hurt her arm and she wouldn't let anyone put a bandaid on it bc she was scared. which fair, i get it, it's scary.

i decided that i wanted to somehow get her to stop screaming though bc it was loud so i walked up to her and she immediately stopped screaming out of confusion (lol) bc i rarely ever leave my room, and i got down to her level and just stared at her. of course i tried to look nice by smiling but i straight up didn't know what to say so i just stared. she stared back and i went "hey, its ok. stop crying." and left back to my room when she just kept staring at me silently (she doesnt talk yet), which i guess is a win if she stopped crying.

apparently that was weird to her mom and she told me to be more normal about it. i told her that if it worked it worked, but she still didn't like it cause it was freaky apparently. which i kind of get but i'm 4'10" with dorky rear end glasses i don't think i'm that scary, i'm just socially awkward. maybe she's just worried that her kid will pick up on the habit and while it sounds funny it probably isn't good. kinda feel bad about it so idk if i'm gonna do that again either way but i'm curious

Teenagers.txt

Hi Tumblr, this is pretty embarrassing to ask, but, am I the rear end in a top hat for forgiving my friend?

quote:

I (20, F) have this big friend group (9 people including me, ages ranging from 19-21) which has been going through a lot of drama recently. So, I recently found out that one of my closest friends (19, NB) in the group had been the source of all of the drama. They apparently wanted to, "Spice up the friend group," and "Make it as fun as it was in High School." And, I was not part of the friend group when the five of them were in High School. In fact, I am technically the newest addition to the friend group. So, it was intimidating to me when someone who is so new to me--yet I am super close with; cried in front of me, begging me to not expose that they caused most of the drama.

I feel a bit overwhelmed because if I forgive them and keep their secret I am betraying the rest of the friend group (Provided they inevitably find out) but if I tell the friend group I lose a great friend who I have told my deepest secrets to and if that were to happen she'll be exiled from the friend group--and I do not wish for them to hate me nor do I wish any harm for them.

But, I, fundamentally, forgive them and will keep their secret, despite the fact that they caused so much distrust in the friend group. Am I the rear end in a top hat for forgiving an rear end in a top hat?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Imagine finding out a way to make a baby stop crying (non-chemically) and not immediately going 'OH GOD PLEASE KEEP DOING THIS AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE I WANT TO SLEEP AGAIN'

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

DreamingofRoses posted:

Hi Tumblr, this is pretty embarrassing to ask, but, am I the rear end in a top hat for forgiving my friend?

So, I recently found out that one of my closest friends (19, NB) in the group had been the source of all of the drama. They apparently wanted to, "Spice up the friend group," and "Make it as fun as it was in High School." And, I was not part of the friend group when the five of them were in High School. In fact, I am technically the newest addition to the friend group.

What the gently caress, lol. "Make it as fun as it was in high school?" Get better friends, OOP.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The 'this person keeps copying me'... with a different twist!

AITA for letting my brother copy me?

quote:

Throwaway account because I don't use reddit that much and if this blows up I don't want this connected to my online username.

I (F18) have a little brother (M15) that has copied everything I do throughout my entire life. If my favorite color was blue, his suddenly would be too. If I grew my hair out long, he let his grow too. If I learned a new instrument, he had to too. I couldn't be an individual and I hated it. What made it worse was that my family would often chose him over me, because he was a smaller and cuter version of myself. It really hurt, and it's contributed to my low self esteem and I still fear to this day that when people meet my brother they will eventually leave me for him. Call me selfish, but it hurts. Whenever I brought this up to my mother, she would blow me off and just said that "it's what siblings do".

During my freshman year, I came out as a lesbian. I've never liked boys and often found myself having little crushes on girls in my class when I was in elementary school the way that girls would have little crushes on boys. Finally finding a label that described me was freeing and I was (and still am) proud and out to everyone I knew. My brother, following my lead, decided to come out as bisexual the following week.

Once my mother found out about this she became angry and pulled me aside. She told me that I knew that my brother copies everything I do and that I need to "tone it down" so I don't confuse him. Now, I already don't bring up my sexuality often because my father is homophobic and did not accept me for being a lesbian, but this grinded my gears. Throughout my entire life, it was ok for him to copy me even at the expense of my own mental health, but now that he copied something that SHE doesn't want him to be, copying suddenly isn't just "something that siblings do?"

Regardless of this situation, I think it's important to explore your sexuality before confirming it and I would support him whether it was just another copying phase or something genuine. I told her this and now she's upset with me for turning her son gay. This was not my intention at all. I just wanted to be out and proud and now it's turned my own mother against me.

So, AITA?

Also, today in: 'misery loves company'.

AITA for having my own life and a schedule which caused my wife to gain weight?

quote:

My wife and I are both working, we both own our own businesses. I work from home, every day from morning until late afternoon, about the same amount of hours as people with a normal 9to5 job. During my working day I do most of the household (cooking, dishes, cleaning, laundry, groceries) as I like to multitask why am doing phone calls with my employees. I compete in powerlifting, that's why I work out 4 times per weeks + cardio most mornings. This schedule of working + household + 5 meals + workouts means that I am very busy on 2 or 3 of the weekdays.

My wife works 2, max. 3 days per week. She likes to spend her free time watching TV, scrolling social media, playing games and sometimes meets with her girlfriends for coffee or lunch.

Recently my wife has been increasingly frustrated about how I spent my time and the way I eat.

She says I spend too much time in the gym, she acts like this was something new and something I haven't been doing in the 7 years we dated before getting married. She doesn't like to do sports and refuses to join me at the gym. Which I accept and never have been pushy about, although it would make me very happy. Regarding this I have to mention that I spend approx. 2-3 nights during the weekend and almost every weekend completely with her. Also I take time to travel with her, just this year I took her to Germany, Turkey, Croatia, France and Bali.

Furthermore, she is upset that I, except for the occasional cheat meal on the weekend, eat healthy most of the time and therefore she "cannot" eat dinner with me. Also she is upset that I eat breakfast without her, the reason for that being is that I wake up earlier than her and have to eat before I start working. I offered to align our dinner times. So that we eat our dinners at the same time, but that is not enough for her. She insists on me eating the same thing as her, as she refuses to eat my food and also refuses to cook something she does not like. She is also saying that I am at fault for her gaining a lot of weight in the last months (no complains about that, she is so beautiful), since me eating diet food forced her to order fast food every evening because she doesn't know how to cook only one portion.

So, long story short, am I the rear end in a top hat for having my own life and indirectly causing my wife to gain weight?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Three Olives is on probation for the next twenty hours. During that time he can decide if he wants to continue being an rear end in a top hat, though I don't see how he'd choose not to considering he was gone for three years and it didn't do a goddam thing. He can also decide whether or not he wants to answer my questions. Otherwise he'll just get a sixer literally every time he posts in this thread.

Being that he's gone for a little under a day I think we can all stop posting about him and save our material for when he inevitably Kramers back in to announce that he empties his golden chamberpot off his balcony onto anyone that looks like they might receive government assistance.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Randy Travesty posted:

What the gently caress, lol. "Make it as fun as it was in high school?" Get better friends, OOP.

The craziest part of this post, to me, is that everyone involved is just a year or two out of high school, so they shouldn’t even have rose colored glasses about it yet. When I was 20 I remembered very clearly how much high school sucked. I cannot imagine being nostalgic for high school at that age.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

MagusofStars posted:

Good news everyone, we can now all say we completed a marathon! because over the entire course of your life it probably adds up to 26.2 miles

I've run some many got drat marathons.. and despite not really liking to swim.. I'm sure I"ve completed at lest one ironman.
and I do a tour-de France like once every 2-3 years too

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Every time you post in this thread without answering this question you’ll get a six-hour probation you garrulous shitbox.

New movie concept: If you get probed on the forums, you get probed in real life.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

kru posted:

Why not both? Why limit the fun?

You can dunk on me. I get pwned here on a regular basis.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

The craziest part of this post, to me, is that everyone involved is just a year or two out of high school, so they shouldn’t even have rose colored glasses about it yet. When I was 20 I remembered very clearly how much high school sucked. I cannot imagine being nostalgic for high school at that age.

A lot of the people who enjoyed high school were the ones making it miserable for everyone else, I was sure then and somehow even more so now.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA for having my own life and a schedule which caused my wife to gain weight?
She insists on me eating the same thing as her, as she refuses to eat my food and also refuses to cook something she does not like. She is also saying that I am at fault for her gaining a lot of weight in the last months (no complains about that, she is so beautiful), since me eating diet food forced her to order fast food every evening because she doesn't know how to cook only one portion.
There are at least three different solutions buried in these two sentences (1-wife eats his diet food, 2-wife finds healthier fast food, 3-wife cooks and has leftovers), but the wife is clearly more interested in Proving A Point than actually finding an answer.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

The person trying to recreate high school was definitely at the top of the social pyramid in high school. All that high school drama is (I'm guessing) a lot more fun for the person on top punching down than everybody else.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

MagusofStars posted:

There are at least three different solutions buried in these two sentences (1-wife eats his diet food, 2-wife finds healthier fast food, 3-wife cooks and has leftovers), but the wife is clearly more interested in Proving A Point than actually finding an answer.

The person trying to recreate high school was definitely at the top of the social pyramid in high school. All that high school drama is (I'm guessing) a lot more fun for the person on top punching down than everybody else.

Is that point that it's totally not her fault she's a lazy fatass?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

DeeplyConcerned posted:

You can dunk on me. I get pwned here on a regular basis.

:Salute:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

FoolyCharged posted:

Is that point that it's totally not her fault she's a lazy fatass?

She's a lazy fatass with a hot husband who adores her that way and she's still determined to gently caress that up somehow.

All you have to do is lie back and enjoy your life! Come on!

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot of the people who enjoyed high school were the ones making it miserable for everyone else, I was sure then and somehow even more so now.

I had a small group of people I’m still friends with I went through elementary/middle school/high school with. There were plenty of times we got bullied (we got mocked constantly for doing tai kwan do at an elementary school talent show, made fun of for playing Pokémon, in middle school we had to split up cause of the districts and three of us sat together for all three years and the preppy kids would do ‘hilarious’ stuff like have a special needs kid come ask us if we wanted to be his boyfriend) but by the time we got to later in high school we all played sports and smoked weed and had parties with other uncool social groups. And despite still being huge nerds way before it was considered normal we all had a great time in high school. I have no desire to ever revisit it, but not having any responsibilities and loving around with your friends isn’t the worst thing life has to offer.

I realize you qualified that with ‘a lot’ and back in the 90’s/00’s at least I was aware the bullying could’ve been worse. A lot of the dickheads I grew up with are alcoholic townies or dead now, so take that people who still talk about their cool highschool days

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

MagusofStars posted:

OP elaborates in the comments. tl;dr: she's a child and a complete fuckin rear end in a top hat

quote:

Yes, she can't eat it because it is healthy and she doesn't like it.

Also, freezing or keeping the leftovers in the fridge won't work for her because she refuses to eat the same thing twice.

quote:

Unfortunately she refuses to eat "diet food". Everything has to be doused in oil or sauce, not even rice can be prepared without butter... I try to sit down with her to find compromises but she just rejects my compromises because they are not 100% her way and leaves the room.

quote:

I tried to join her hobbies. Once per week she goes to pottery class so to spend more quality time (and maybe motivate her to join my hobbies sometimes too) I offered to join her pottery class. In the beginning she was very happy but that quickly turned around because it turns out that I actually had a talent for pottery and could make great stuff right from the start which even she couldn't do after already going to that class for a year. Then she got frustrated and stopped going...

quote:

I fully agree with you. This victim attitude is seriously exhausting. It sometimes turns into paranoia with her getting angry towards strangers on the street because their glance accidentally met hers and she thinks that they were looking at her.

quote:

but she doesn't want me to listen to podcasts at home anymore because then I can't hear her when she calls me over so now I just clean in silence :D

quote:

I wish she would be open for us to cook together. She says annoy her when I am in the kitchen with her because I always try to cook clean by immediately putting everything I am done with in the dishwasher, cleaning up any spills I make and throwing away everything packaging, paper towels etc. away immediately. Her cooking style usually includes making a huge mess. I don't complain about it because I find it somewhat cathartic to clean the kitchen after her while listening to a podcast or something but she says that she feels judged or guilty because of my tidiness.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Foo Diddley posted:

OP elaborates in the comments. tl;dr: she's a child and a complete fuckin rear end in a top hat

What a catch. He better double marry her so she doesn't get away.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Biplane posted:

They should divorce so he and I can be platonic life partners and do the scene from Ghost while the pottery teacher yells at us.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Foo Diddley posted:

Goddamn brother just what exactly does fat Maris bring to the table

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

This is honestly my favorite type of thread content. "Hi my spouse is literally a devil. They hate me and everything I enjoy and spend their time destroying my belongings and making GBS threads in my shoes and making my life a living hell. AITA for not enthusiastically begging for more?"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Biplane posted:

Surely her offering to open up the relationship will get him to come around to her point of view!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Does she wipe her rear end? If not, he needs to lock that poo poo down asap.

WIBTA if I told my sisters teenager that their bio dad abandoned them?

quote:

My sister’s teenager (17) I’ll call them “H” is one of the sweetest kind hearted people you will meet. Recently they have been in contact with their bio dad (J) and has taken solace at their bio dads house.

My sister never tried to keep H away from J when they were a baby, toddler, etc. J was more worried about just being a waste and spreading his seed to any woman who would take it. My sister always gave open communication when it came to H to J but he was always interested in getting back with my sister rather than care for his child and my sister very much didn’t want that.

After 6 months of not taking responsibility or even acknowledging your child in my state you have legally abandoned your child. This happened when H was probably a toddler, maybe preschool age. My sister dropped child support because she knew she was never going to get it and it was just a lot of meaningless court. Again she never kept H away or hid H but J just didn’t care. My sister also never spoke ill of J to H because she’s just that kind of person and she knows that’s just not right. Fast forward yeaaars later to the past couple of months. H wanted to be in contact with J. I’ll be honest I don’t know too many details pertaining to this so I can’t say much.

But theyve been talking and H would spend some weekends there. My problem is that I’m afraid J is lying and in turn manipulating H. I found out through grapevine J told H that he tried to go for custody at some point but my sister didn’t have a listed address. A COMPLETE lie. H just basically “ran away” to their bio dad and when I talked with H they said J and them talked to an officer and the cop said their wouldn’t be a problem. But that would suggest that J didn’t mention how he has no rights to H due to the abandonment.

If H is safe I don’t care they are with J. I hope he is actually doing right by at least one of his (many) children. But there are now at least 2 instances I know about where J is lying or at the very least misleading H. I want them to know the truth about the abandonment and how I saw first hand how J just didn’t care back then. Just warned them to be wary of certain things J says and such. I know it’s a touchy subject and not really my place but my sister certainly isn’t going to say anything. I want H to be happy and I’m not trying to ruin whatever relationship J and H formed but I just don’t want them being deceived. WIBTA if I talked with H about this?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
and OP is ripped, employed, knows how to cook and clean; it's not like he needs to go around begging for pussy

no idea what the guy is thinking

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Clocks posted:

re: marathon lady

As someone who occasionally runs for exercise (usually a 5k three times a week when I do, followed by months if not years at a time where I am too lazy for that), I agree that 1) it's hella disingenuous for her to claim she ran a marathon and 2) it's... not something to brag about over a yearly period. :psyduck:

Running a wholeass marathon is hard and it's a genuine feat! I have a friend who's run marathons and he's way more fit and cool than me, for instance, and I can't imagine claiming I've run one when I haven't. I don't think I will ever run one. Maybe I could with lots of training and willpower, and I definitely do not have the willpower. A lot of people can barely run one mile, nevermind 26 in a row!

For me, I went from struggling to run a mile in gym class to doing the couch25k in a summer and learning that it is, in fact, possible for me to run thirty minutes straight! Personally had the SiL just talked about something like that I think it would still have been impressive without lying to herself and everyone around her.

Hello person who exercises like me.

Yeah I run a few 5ks a week at a decent pace and wouldn't call myself a runner. I think the most I've gone in one go was 7 miles and that killed me. I cannot comprehend doing 4x that in one go lmao

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

lmao in what way did he "cause" her to gain weight. Also how the hell do you not know how to cook one portion. You just cook less of the thing you were going to make. Or you make more and have leftovers. Like yes, cooking for one person is a pain in the rear end but it's not rocket science. OP can date me if they want, I would be happy to go powerlift and eat the healthy food.

On the subject of marathon-in-a-year lady, I agree that she's a dumbass but like also, who cares. Just let her do her thing, it's good that she's exercising at all. I used to run like a marathon a week if we're going by total accumulated mileage (now trying to work back up to anywhere near that after getting COVID in April) and I don't care if she wants to brag about her marathon in a year.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Here's one where the lead is buried under one of those "THIS IS NOT A PLACE OF HONOR" warning obelisks.

AITA for not wanting to give up my bedroom for my sister, because she's coming back to stay with us?

quote:

I (f17) have 2 stepsisters Amy (f21) and Bella (f16). Our house has 3 bedrooms and an office type room. We used to share rooms when we were younger but Amy moved out for college a few years ago, so me and Bella got our own.

Amy dropped out of college and is coming to stay with us. That's fine, but the issue is that my parents are expecting me to move out to Bella's room (or she comes to mine) so they can give the spare to Amy.

I said I didn't want to because I need my own space. Sharing rooms when we were kids was okay but we're not anymore. There is a solution to this, there's a sleeper sofa in the office room that can comfortably fit one person. Amy could stay there, or she and Bella could stay together, but parents are saying she needs her own room.

We had a big argument over this, I sort of snapped, said I can clearly see who the favorite is and that they don't care about me, and mom said I was being selfish. I don't think they're being fair here and we're not really talking to each other right now. My friend told me to post here, so AITA?

Edit: for people asking why don't we turn the office into a bedroom, it's because it's pretty small and would fit a narrow bed. I did bring this up with my parents but they don't want Amy to sleep there. Also Amy dropped out of college because she's sick and said she's too tired to study/work
Pretty straightforward, right? Golden child comes home and gets white glove treatment while scapegoat gets told to suck it. OP is clearly not the AH. Except...in comments it is revealed that the reason the sister left college to come home is that she is tired and sick all the time from leukemia.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

On the subject of marathon-in-a-year lady, I agree that she's a dumbass but like also, who cares.

I wouldn't care, but I'm not sure how'd I respond in the moment if someone told me that. Like, cumulative mileage is important, but you're really making GBS threads up the jargon here.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

MajorBonnet posted:

I wouldn't care, but I'm not sure how'd I respond in the moment if someone told me that. Like, cumulative mileage is important, but you're really making GBS threads up the jargon here.

Yeah that's fair, if I just got hit with something like that I'd probably have a solid moment of "uhhhhhh I'm sorry what".

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Biplane posted:

This is honestly my favorite type of thread content. "Hi my spouse is literally a devil. They hate me and everything I enjoy and spend their time destroying my belongings and making GBS threads in my shoes and making my life a living hell. AITA for not enthusiastically begging for more?"

maybe op can move in with me and we can get ripped together. I don't think I would have to try hard to talk my wife into letting this handsome cooking man live with us

I promise I'll help do the cleaning and I'll spot you handsome ripped man!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

AITA for asking my wife to construct a "Lady Lair"

quote:

When the friends left I told Im done conceding anything, she has made 80% of furnishing decisions so now they will be 100% mine until we get to 50%, and there will be no "man cave".

Domme Dungeon

Kidding aside, this quote stuck out to me - wondering if part of her furnishing decisions was denying him a space of his own & that's why he's so frustrated with everything. Echoing the "glad I live alone" sentiments.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I think I saw a commercial for this with Jamie Lee Curtis.

Activia Alcove

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Three Olives posted:

There is an entire discussion to be had about SSDI benefits, but marriage and especially cohabitating absolutely reduces living expenses by A LOT. Massive government programs are complicated but I'm pretty sure this whole prevision was designed so if you are both living on survival income in 1 bedroom apartments and move in together in a 1 bedroom apartment you don't get to use the extra money to buy an Playstation. SSDI is not earned income, it's money so you don't you (hopefully) end up on the streets. Like, your social security benefit doesn't decrease because you get married, you earned it by paying into it, SSDI is what you need, regardless of what you have paid, to not live under a bridge eating cat food.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ah, a classic 3o

Nitnen
Jul 29, 2011
it's a better idea to take out 1/3 of your shared life savings for a yoga studio and buy an playstation with the money you make from your first 6 months of classes

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

There's no guarantee the guy is ripped. He's a powerlifter, so he might just be really strong and fart a lot. I'm still working out why this has made her fat, but I'll get there

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

The Diddler posted:

There's no guarantee the guy is ripped. He's a powerlifter, so he might just be really strong and fart a lot. I'm still working out why this has made her fat, but I'll get there

She was basically mind-controlled into it

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for telling my friend that her niece’s name is really bad

quote:

I want to start this off by saying that I think I’m probably in the wrong here. One of my (22f) best friends (29f) was showing me pictures of her niece (3f). We had both been drinking and this was the first time she ever said her entire first name. Up until this point, I had only heard her nickname used before. The name is shockingly bad and I laughed out loud at it. My friend asked why that was funny and then I realized that she was not only serious but also really liked the name. When we were both sober, she again brought it up and said she wanted her child to have the same name. She isn’t pregnant but I still gave my two cents on it and told her that the name isn’t just bad, it’s almost laughable. She got really upset and said that it was a beautiful name and felt disrespected that I was acting so hostile. I guess I could have been nicer about it but I still think it needed to be said. So, am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: I did some quick google searches and realized that it would be very hard to track down this child as her name is a word in the English language. Her name is Iridescent Love.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its when the matrix changes something

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Kurieg posted:

AITA for telling my friend that her niece’s name is really bad

Tuesday already!? drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitnen
Jul 29, 2011
we can all thank that one idiot for main charactering so hard that 3 whole pages have passed since that story was originally posted