Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I assume the Harden stuff is waiting for the Dame ball to drop but it would be hilarious if Harden just... Wasn't traded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

does no one here have the courage to click on a bill simmons podcast episode entitled "talking basketball and life with Stephen A. Smith"

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

R.D. Mangles posted:

does no one here have the courage to click on a bill simmons podcast episode entitled "talking basketball and life with Stephen A. Smith"
It was lame. Not missing much. SAS plays a character. People think he really believes everything he says. He brought up the Perkins/Reddick MVP argument. Which if you cared either way, get a life.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Wait are there really people who don’t know SAS is playing a character? Like I always assume that most people who engage with him are aware of this and just don’t break kayfabe

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
All of my posts where I’ve been wrong have been me playing a character. The ones where I’ve been right, that’s the real me.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
On topic of characters Fox Sports not being able to find a replacement for Sharpe is pretty funny. Canceling the show for 2 months.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Wait are there really people who don’t know SAS is playing a character? Like I always assume that most people who engage with him are aware of this and just don’t break kayfabe

I mean he plays a character but he's also a psycho sports degenerate on his off hours. He comes up with hours of hot takes as a cynical exercise to generate content but he has the drive to do this because he has a freaky hosed up brain.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
SAS has to be out of character as of today because, as an actor, he will be joining the strike. Serious takes only from SAS until the members get a fair contract

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

I assume the Harden stuff is waiting for the Dame ball to drop but it would be hilarious if Harden just... Wasn't traded.

Morey is internet brain obsessed with winning every deal so he’s fine with wasting another Embiid year if it means he can squeeze out two more late first rounders out of someone

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
SAS is weird because like by all accounts like dude has legit done a ton to help black folks in media and sports media specifically get put on, with mentorship and the like.

But also even outside of just dumb sports takes which largely whatever I don't give much of a poo poo about dumb sports takes, When it comes to more serious issues I generally have an issue with the black man or woman who pushes pull up your pants poo poo like he does in a public space. Stuff that's like generally perfectly fine to say one on one to someone, but not stuff you should be blasting out on your blowtorch to a national audience of airport lounges and hotel lobby watchers.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/1679517803815075840?s=20

light years

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

It’s nice that the Suns have an owner who doesn’t care about money. Ishbia paid out more luxury tax $ in one year than Sarver did over his entire tenure.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
It's so reassuring that he has no intention of failing, as opposed to everyone else

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mat ishiba knows the power of The Secret and that bad things only happen to people who have a Victim Mentality

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
He’s +1 technical foul in the Suns favor which I believe puts him first by a mile in terms of owner productivity

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Papercut posted:

It's so reassuring that he has no intention of failing, as opposed to everyone else

real ones wake up every morning and say "not today" and go back to bed cuz gently caress all this

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1679526355296215045

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Time to dust off the fat suit

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Sugar cheeks. He likes his sweets
Not a winner.

Sorry spacecamp fuckup and my other suns friends

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

In mein humble opinion I think them seeing Jordan BEASTING like a FREEK in workouts is why they let Grant go without a fight. Jordan is ready to absorb whatever role player minutes are there to be filled

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dejan Bimble posted:

In mein humble opinion I think them seeing Jordan BEASTING like a FREEK in workouts is why they let Grant go without a fight. Jordan is ready to absorb whatever role player minutes are there to be filled

That would be a nice surprise. The league needs another smooth guy out there now that Chucky Villanueva is gone, presumably to be a cancer on some other organization or situation.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
I think they moved on from grant Williams because he looks and acts annoying

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/daFalligator/status/1678757319432192001?s=20

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

I thought he got off social media already lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Dejan Bimble posted:

Sugar cheeks. He likes his sweets
Not a winner.

Sorry spacecamp fuckup and my other suns friends

This sort of brutal ethering has no place in a realm of learned drs.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
NCAA march madness tournament champion mat ishbia? Not a winner?????

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bismack Billabongo posted:

NCAA march madness tournament champion mat ishbia? Not a winner?????

He was huge for them in their game against Grand Lakes University (fictional college from Rodney Dangerfield film Back to School)

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Dame_Lillard/status/1679581622046441472

finally some real frickin scoops

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Do Blazers fans still have to pretend Dame can rap or are they free from that now?

jumba
Sep 6, 2004

Hang in there!
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

Do Blazers fans still have to pretend Dame can rap or are they free from that now?

Blazer fans will still support Dame's rap career more than anyone in Miami ever will.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

IcePhoenix posted:

Yes, its their responsibility.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Surely all those country boys and Midwest transplants were only pretending not to have deep takes on rap

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Dame might only be top 75 all time but in terms of NBA rappers he's on mount Rushmore

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

jumba posted:

Blazer fans will still support Dame's rap career more than anyone in Miami ever will.

Dame about to work with DJ Khaled

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

WhyteRyce posted:

Dame about to work with Pitbull

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
DJaaaaay Khalid
Dame Time
Another one…

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

IcePhoenix posted:

:goes to Blazers site to buy tickets:
[Accept All Cookies] hm ok
(next day) wait I have to retweet what now?

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Glad I didn't skip any of the thousands of posts I was behind on

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Someone had an AI draw presidents as Dominicans and the Obama one looks exactly like Joe Mazzulla

runaway pancake posted:

didnt know joel embiid had a cookie named after him

R.D. Mangles posted:

JVG carrying a box with his stuff out of Bristol before getting into his ride, Alonzo Mourning's leg.

Algund Eenboom posted:

I actually took the time to draft up a couple. Hope these are helpful

stuker posted:

Looking into this

Hélà
🤞🏾♾

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

KD went after a comedian who had plenty of time to make a video reply full of jokes about his hair and now KD is trying to post through it on twitter
https://twitter.com/DaKidGowie/status/1679558001550675968

https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1679587006207123456
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1679583411445301248
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1679631050698289153
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1679584867627958275
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1679581659237105667

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

jumba posted:

Miami is the home of Pit Bull, Flo Rida, Lil Pump and Uncle Luke, Dame is gonna look like Kendrick to the rap-starved hip-hop fans of the MIA