Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mr E posted:

I got up to 60 TB and got Seele To 80 and now I have almost no money….
good news, the money calyx, like all of them is giving double right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
There's never been a better time to go broke!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

facepalmolive posted:

How are you building/playing her? Break effect, or crit sub-dps? Her traces seem all over the place? I'm assuming with E6, you can use her as an SP generator while keeping her atk% buff up, only using her skill on things that need breaking?

Break effect, save her skill for breaking or building buff stacks early in the battle.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

There are collectibles in Belobog that you can't get because they're in the index but not in the game. That blows. However I just learned you can sell Cold Dragon Young's photograph and that's loving awesome.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

facepalmolive posted:

Wait what? That makes even less sense.
I think by "abandon", they just mean "disregard". That is, it's a flowery way of saying he fights recklessly (because he doesn't die when he's killed).

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Break Effect is increasing how big of a DOT/Amount of damage you're doing on the gauge being depleted right? Not how much you're depleting the gauge by per attack?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yes. The base damage is determined by your character level, and gets multiplied by the break effect%. Obviously it only works for the character who gets the final hit that breaks them.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Correct. It also increases the potency of the action delay/slow on Quantum/Imaginary breaks.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well I now seem to be up to a eidolon 1 Yanqing along with his signature lightcone, itself superimposition 1. I think the game is telling me I'm supposed to build him. Like, a lot. Yes Hoyo, when I'm good and ready thank you.

Getting other characters and light cones would be nice though, if that would actually happen.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

The Shame Boy posted:

Break Effect is increasing how big of a DOT/Amount of damage you're doing on the gauge being depleted right? Not how much you're depleting the gauge by per attack?

Yeah, the latter is called Weakness Break Efficiency and afaik the only way to raise it is in Simulated Universe with certain blessings.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

With the right team it's not necessarily wrong to stack break effect on everyone just for type coverage. There's at least 1 streamer getting decent results with it.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Well I now seem to be up to a eidolon 1 Yanqing along with his signature lightcone, itself superimposition 1. I think the game is telling me I'm supposed to build him. Like, a lot.

He goes hard even without amazing relics. Wish I had Gepard to run with him so SW could reliably add ice weakness to enemies instead of current 4-element team meaning the weakness-add is fully random.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Meanwhile, my Sampo has cleared the 3k ATK barrier. :toot:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I wish Nameless Honor went to level 100 but every level after 50 gave like 6 purple experience items, enough to be a little treat for people who play the game too much but nothing like free lightcones or star rail tickets that you’d terribly miss

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

JT Jag posted:

I wish Nameless Honor went to level 100 but every level after 50 gave like 6 purple experience items, enough to be a little treat for people who play the game too much but nothing like free lightcones or star rail tickets that you’d terribly miss

that last two weeks of no battle pass is sad.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I kind of like having one fewer thing to keep track of tbh.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

JT Jag posted:

yeah this is how it works in 3rd but they dropped it for their later games

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

a long battle pass you have to work hard to 100% is a good way to burn out your players. I like having the extra few weeks between battle passes to do whatever i want.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I don't think there's a balance you can strike of offering enough for additional levels to feel worthwhile while not also encouraging the inherent pressure/FOMO of the BP.

Anyway, just realized my Sampo is holding 4* artifacts and an atk orb. 💀

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

The event bp points are OP, they cut out like an entire weeks worth of pts.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

JT Jag posted:

good news, the money calyx, like all of them is giving double right now

All of my grinding today was for money. I was down to about 6k credits last night.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

i do one trace, one credits each day, since the higher trace costs tend to cost about 60stamina worth of credits

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
What's the battle pass in this game, the express supply pass or nameless glory? I'm almost 30, if I buy that do I get everything retroactively? Is it worth it if I can hit 30 in the next 3 days?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

nameless glory is the battle pass, and yeah if you buy it it unlocks the paid side up to where you're at in its progress.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

Fhqwhgads posted:

What's the battle pass in this game, the express supply pass or nameless glory? I'm almost 30, if I buy that do I get everything retroactively? Is it worth it if I can hit 30 in the next 3 days?

Nameless glory is the battlepass. Your rewards are retroactive so in my case once I hit max level I bought the pass and got everything all at once if that makes sense.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Fhqwhgads posted:

Nameless Glory is the battlepass. It's got a free track and paid track. Paid gives you way more stuff. Rewards are retroactive, if you unlock the paid track today you'd get all previous levels' stuff too. It's only really worth it if you hit 50 imo, but that's very easy as long as you make the slightest effort.

Express Supply is only paid, and is a daily login reward separate from the battlepass (which rewards daily activities), and has by far the best conversation rate of $realmoney to $gamemoney.

If you're going to spend anything on the game, Express is #1 and the paid Glory track is #2, in terms of value.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Nameless glory is the battlepass. Your rewards are retroactive so in my case once I hit max level I bought the pass and got everything all at once if that makes sense.

Yeah, that's what I would consider, if I can hit at least 30 for the LC's it might be worth it to me.

Also, I think I'm about to hit Equilibrium level 3, so I can ascend my characters to 60 and I'm wondering if it's time for a team revamp. I'm currently rolling with FireMC/Serval/Dan/Luocha and it's been doing pretty well (I think), but I do have Bronya warming the bench. I haven't used her yet because I read that she's not that OP until higher levels, kind of where I'm at right now, so maybe replace Serval with Bronya to pump up my Dan? I don't think I have any other single-damage hard hitters. My only other notables are QQ, Sampo, and Yukong I think. I'm 4 starlight away from being able to purchase Tinguyn from the Starlight Exchange, so I'd consider pulling on Luocha's banner again to get enough to grab her if she's a must have?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I was at the very end of MoC 10 and Kafka decided to execute Luocha despite there being an ult'd Clara with March's shield right there! Ended up losing with Kafka at 10%. Ugghhh, I was right at 20 turns for the 3 stars too. I know I can get it, RNG permitting, but it takes so long to reach that point.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I still can’t beat the deer in MoC 6 and I’ve tried like 5 different team combinations so… at least you’re doing better than me!

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
The deer is no joke. I haven’t 3 starred it yet. Some of the later ones are easier imo.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Silver Wolf and Seele can burn down the deer pretty well if you can keep them alive. The first half of that fight isn't too bad either if you can backload your good characters.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

acumen posted:

Silver Wolf and Seele can burn down the deer pretty well if you can keep them alive. The first half of that fight isn't too bad either if you can backload your good characters.

I don't have either Silver Wolf or Seele but I managed to cobble together better team comps after playing around with prydwen's memory of chaos teams statistics. (Scroll all the way down, they put a bunch of stuff on the same page)

https://www.prydwen.gg/star-rail/memory-of-chaos/

I'm also way more built than I was two cycles ago but I went from 0 stars barely cleared on the deer to last cycle cobbling together 2 to a semi-comfortable 3 on this cycle. Slow but steady and without two of the big meta characters so I feel like that's a win. At 23 stars currently and pretty sure I can eke out 24 before this one ends. I just wish fights didn't take so long.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I really hope they make it so you can use a friend in MOC at some point. 1 slot out of 8 can't be that bad.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

they will once they make MOC require 3 teams

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

i do one trace, one credits each day, since the higher trace costs tend to cost about 60stamina worth of credits

I picked up a copy of Planetary Rendezvous the other day so I'm trying to turbo level it for Tingyun. I do have 2 copies of Meshing Cogs now but I just don't see myself using it over Past and Future it PR.

Also I think I need to trim my light cones. I have a bunch I'm not using. Some of them I never will.

Also I think Subscribe For More! might actually be better for my Sushang over Swordplay. I use her as a sub dps and often hold her ult until after Silver Wolf breaks an enemy, and I think 36% every turn is better than 60% after 5 turns against the same target.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Fhqwhgads posted:

maybe replace Serval with Bronya to pump up my Dan? I don't think I have any other single-damage hard hitters. My only other notables are QQ, Sampo, and Yukong I think. I'm 4 starlight away from being able to purchase Tinguyn from the Starlight Exchange, so I'd consider pulling on Luocha's banner again to get enough to grab her if she's a must have?

Don't pull for 4*s unless you're okay with getting the 5*, sucks to break your pity buildup for someone you don't want.

You'll need two teams for MoC so you should decide what you want those to look like initially and then only build those 8 characters

It's hard to go wrong if you:
- generally run a team comp of dps, sustain, buffs/debuffs, and a flex that boosts your strengths, covers for weaknesses, or is well-suited for a specific fight
- think about what each character needs to do and make sure your team isn't going to be starved for skill points
- get a relic with the correct mainstat in every relic slot, purple or orange, +9

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I've only been throwing whatever ten-pulls I build up on Luocha's banner because I don't have Bailu. Otherwise, I'd be straight hoarding.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Man, gently caress that deer. Still, I managed to kill the first half and Gepard survived until cycle 3. Not bad for level 70?

Batui
Mar 13, 2005

Walla posted:

I picked up a copy of Planetary Rendezvous the other day so I'm trying to turbo level it for Tingyun. I do have 2 copies of Meshing Cogs now but I just don't see myself using it over Past and Future it PR.

Also I think I need to trim my light cones. I have a bunch I'm not using. Some of them I never will.

Also I think Subscribe For More! might actually be better for my Sushang over Swordplay. I use her as a sub dps and often hold her ult until after Silver Wolf breaks an enemy, and I think 36% every turn is better than 60% after 5 turns against the same target.

Swordplay is per hit, not per turn, and as Hunt characters' skill all do a lot of hits in one attack you'll max out the LC buff very quickly, usually after a single attack. That's why it's highly recommended for most Hunt characters, even at S1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Batui posted:

Swordplay is per hit, not per turn, and as Hunt characters' skill all do a lot of hits in one attack you'll max out the LC buff very quickly, usually after a single attack. That's why it's highly recommended for most Hunt characters, even at S1.

I get how it works. It's been glued to Sushang since I got it.

I actually did the math. Both my Swordplay and Subscribe For More! are S3. Swordplay gives a 12% stacking damage boost, up to 60% at max but you have to hit the same target 5 times. Subscribe gives a 36% damage boost, plus 36% if your energy is full. Over 5 hits both give a total of 180% damage if your energy isn't full, but only if you hit the same target 5 times with Swordplay.

In MoC, I use Sushang as a sp neutral sub dps because my main is Quinque. Every battle starts with Silver Wolf using her Talent.

Cycle 1, Sushang uses her first action to skill on one of the adds, who's broken with Quantum weakness. Action 2, she repeats this on another add. Both actions happen on cycle 1 and cost 0 skill points. It's not until the end of Cycle 2 that Sushang can get 5 hits on 1 enemy, when she does Skill-Ult-Skill on the boss after SW breaks them.

In the same rotation with Subscribe, Sushang's first 2 actions would have triple the damage vs. Swordplay, and 6 times more for her first action against the boss. So in her first attack against the boss Sushang will do a cumulative 252% extra damage with Subscribe vs. 180% with Swordplay.

2 hit skill at max energy, ultimate and 2 hit skill.

Swordplay is actually worse on Sushang than any other Hunt character since she only does a 2 hit skill instead of 3 or 4.

Maybe my math is wrong, and please correct me if so. But I think I'm going to level Subscribe and give it a try.

Edit is bold.