Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

The Falcons series was also seven parts so unless they're longer episodes it almost feels like it won't be enough

1. Wrong Way Run
2. Herschel Walker Trade
3. Gary Anderson
4. Straight Cash Homey
5. Sex Cruise

Each of these individual moments deserve an episode and it doesn't mention a single Vikings SB team, their legendary old coach, or how fuckin bonkers Fran Tarkenton is, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Forrest on Fire posted:

1. Wrong Way Run
2. Herschel Walker Trade
3. Gary Anderson
4. Straight Cash Homey
5. Sex Cruise

Each of these individual moments deserve an episode and it doesn't mention a single Vikings SB team, their legendary old coach, or how fuckin bonkers Fran Tarkenton is, lmao

the 2009 team practically deserves two on its own because 1 Brett Favre and 2 the nfc championship.

The Vikings were -4 in turnovers and still almost won a road championship game because of how bad they were dominating in every other facet of the game but alas the bounty on Favre paid out

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Don’t forget that time the stadium collapsed.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pops Mgee posted:

fun fact there was going to be a goonmeet for that game lol

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Pops Mgee posted:

It’s not the mayors fault

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Dedicate an entire episode to the not-fran-tarkenton who did a grandpa simpson onion bit a couple drafts ago

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
A seven part series on missed kicks.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

IcePhoenix posted:

the 2009 team practically deserves two on its own because 1 Brett Favre and 2 the nfc championship.

The Vikings were -4 in turnovers and still almost won a road championship game because of how bad they were dominating in every other facet of the game but alas the bounty on Favre paid out

The most painful part of that game is they were unquestionably the better team that day. I mean I guess they weren't because they lost but the turnovers were brutal. It was the last time i felt hope.

It's loving sad! However it's funny because now I never have hope. I'm always cynical and that has protected me the last 15 years.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Forrest on Fire posted:

1. Wrong Way Run
2. Herschel Walker Trade
3. Gary Anderson
4. Straight Cash Homey
5. Sex Cruise

Can't leave out:

Joe Buck posted:

That is a disgusting act by Randy Moss and it's unfortunate that we had that on our air live. That is disgusting by Randy Moss.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

soggybagel posted:

The most painful part of that game is they were unquestionably the better team that day.

I had like two other versions of that post saying this with more words (and stats) but ultimately didn't say it because, well, the turnovers matter too, like you said.

But yeah they beat the brakes off the Saints that day on both sides of the ball

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can take a knee

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

MJeff posted:

You can take a knee

Ghost of Denny Green account spotted

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MJeff posted:

You can take a knee

I don't know which play this is referring to

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

IcePhoenix posted:

gonna take a real wild guess and say, oh, when the score was tied and the Vikings had it at the Saints' 33 yard line.

3rd and 10, they decide to try to get more yards, accidentally false start, then Favre gets picked on the next snap.

edit: it's ok, the game was truly decided on Pierre Thomas' heroic 4th down conversion in OT :haw:

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 14, 2023

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

IcePhoenix posted:

I did as soon as I read it. Paul Allen haunts my brain.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Abugadu posted:

gonna take a real wild guess and say, oh, when the score was tied and the Vikings had it at the Saints' 33 yard line.

3rd and 10, they decide to try to get more yards, accidentally false start, then Favre gets picked on the next snap.

edit: it's ok, the game was truly decided on Pierre Thomas' heroic 4th down conversion in OT :haw:

wrong, they never lined up for 3rd and 10

because loving Tahi and his dumb rear end just moseyed into the huddle from the sidelines even though nobody told him to, so they got called for 12 men in the huddle

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is this the game that got pass interference made reviewable for five minutes?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

IcePhoenix posted:

wrong, they never lined up for 3rd and 10

because loving Tahi and his dumb rear end just moseyed into the huddle from the sidelines even though nobody told him to, so they got called for 12 men in the huddle

Ok, yeah, now I remember guffawing like an idiot when that happened.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
You could probably do a whole episode on 2009-2010
-Nfc championship collapse
-Brett Favre dick picks
-trading for Randy Moss
-cutting Randy Moss for criticizing the catering
-Chilly fired
-Stadium collapse

All happening while the Packers win a Superbowl.
What a great time.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

HootTheOwl posted:

Is this the game that got pass interference made reviewable for five minutes?

No, the saints were involved in that but it was against the Rams.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Pops Mgee posted:

You could probably do a whole episode on 2009-2010
-Nfc championship collapse
-Brett Favre dick picks
-trading for Randy Moss
-cutting Randy Moss for criticizing the catering
-Chilly fired
-Stadium collapse

All happening while the Packers win a Superbowl.
What a great time.

I was also gonna throw in Percy Harvin’s mercurial stint but honestly it lasted longer than I remembered, everything from exploding as an amazing player to the migraine/marijuana saga to throwing a weight at Leslie Frazier kind of compressed into those same 2 years in my brain rather than 4 total

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Would it piss you packer folks off if the jets won a super bowl this year?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

So hype. Just started that quarterback show on netflix and it even managed to interest my wife. Now she knows how big a loving dork Cousins is.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

soggybagel posted:

I can’t believe it will happen. I don’t think the Jets even make the playoffs this year.

I will re-evaluate when and if conditions change.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

soggybagel posted:

A season in which that happens would be a treasure for rewatching in the future. Hell, same if the Bears or Lions take it. Only the Vikings can make me mad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It depends on how it happens, if it’s like Peyton’s last Super Bowl it would be hard to care

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

soggybagel posted:

Not a Packers fan, but it'd really piss me off if he managed to have a second dead cat bounce in his career and this one ended with a fuckin' ring.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

soggybagel posted:

A little disheartening, considering how badly we bungled the Love situation/draft, and how we didn’t push hard in FA to surround him with a stacked team near the end.

Unless the SB is a win over one of the other NFCN teams, which would be funny.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
A packers jets Super Bowl

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

soggybagel posted:

No, I'm so happy to not have to deal with his bullshit anymore I wouldn't even care.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Abugadu posted:

Unless the SB is a win over one of the other NFCN teams, which would be funny.

:hmmyes: :sickos:

I can’t decide which would be better, Vikings (because five Super Bowl trips, zero rings) or Bears (because “I still own you!”)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
If the Superbowl this year is Lions/Jets I'm not sure I would survive the stress

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If the Superbowl this year is Lions/Jets I'm not sure I would survive the stress

I would chug Pepto Bismol like Powerade. My stomach ulcer would be impressive.

If the Lions beat A. A. Ron in the loving Superbowl, i’d jump up into the air and would just keep going until I ran out of oxygen and my corpse went into geosynchronous orbit.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Gonz posted:

I would chug Pepto Bismol like Powerade. My stomach ulcer would be impressive.

If the Lions beat A. A. Ron in the loving Superbowl, i’d jump up into the air and would just keep going until I ran out of oxygen and my corpse went into geosynchronous orbit.

Not gonna lie the Lions winning against the Jets this year would own pretty hard.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kerby Joseph just pulling a Shang Tsung and stealing Rodgers’ soul via Pick 6 in overtime.

I would be there for the unveiling of the Colossus of Rhodes-style Kerby Joseph statue in downtown Detroit the next year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If the Lions even made it to the Super Bowl, I could take it if they lost to almost anybody from the AFC very easily, because just making it would be such an incredible accomplishment and I like most of the AFC teams. The Patriots would be annoying, but it wouldn't be Brady, so, whatever. The Steelers or Browns would be awful in a different way, cause I know if the Lions let Watson win a ring, that'd be a mark of shame on the franchise forever. Also I know the Steelers don't have the rapist on the team anymore but it feels like they haven't paid for it at all by sucking yet, so I still just see them as the same incarnation of the team that looked the other way on a rapist.

The Jets would destroy me on a personal level.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 15, 2023

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

ok yeah I’d cheer for the Lions to beat the Jets

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I don’t care if Rodgers wins on the Jets nor would it surprise me since the man is fueled by spite like no one other than Jordan. Now if he ends up on the Vikings in the future then yes I would want him pasted. Although I will admit during the bounty game Favre made me move to his corner a little bit because dude was getting loving wrecked and it was incredible he kept playing. But then I cackled like a madman with the ending.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

sheri posted:

No, I'm so happy to not have to deal with his bullshit anymore I wouldn't even care.
Same here. I’d only care if he were beating the Packers or the Lions, who are my new backup interest. I’d be actively cheering for Rodgers if it’s against teams like Minnesota or Dallas. Otherwise it’s all good. The Jets also seem reasonably likable outside of him and the team hasn’t been able to do much lately, so who cares really? Anyway it seems improbable enough that it would be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:hmmyes: :sickos:

I can’t decide which would be better, Vikings (because five Super Bowl trips, zero rings) or Bears (because “I still own you!”)

No offence to Bears posters but a Jets/Bears super bowl probably means something drastically wrong happened to the rest of the league. Vikings too but slightly less wrong.