Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Some closer looks at the SHA Monsterarts figure of this new Godzilla.

This fella does not look happy, and he means business.

e: Perfect snipe for this page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I would like this but for Anguirus, please.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dawgstar posted:

Hey SH MonsterArts something funny's going on you better check.

I really like how this Goji looks like a fusion of the best Heisei era designs with a touch of the Legendary Bear/Alligator head.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

I really like how this Goji looks like a fusion of the best Heisei era designs with a touch of the Legendary Bear/Alligator head.

Yeah, he does. I like that Toho saw the head of the legendary design, and decided to go with it.

It’s completely irrational for me to get so excited for a new Godzilla movie, but then again, I ask myself “Is there anything better in life than Godzilla?”

And the answer is, no.

No, there isn’t.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MrMojok posted:

Yeah, he does. I like that Toho saw the head of the legendary design, and decided to go with it.

It’s completely irrational for me to get so excited for a new Godzilla movie, but then again, I ask myself “Is there anything better in life than Godzilla?”

And the answer is, no.

No, there isn’t.

Agreed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0NQX6bSp4A

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PriorMarcus posted:

I'd hold off personally, Hiya Toys has the license now for Toho Godzilla's and their Legendary monsters have put SHMA to shame for half the price.

How do they "feel" compared to SHMA? I have a decent SHMA collection and aesthetically everything matches.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Vintersorg posted:

How do they "feel" compared to SHMA? I have a decent SHMA collection and aesthetically everything matches.

They are quiet a bit larger than SHMA, but all in scale with each other. Their GvK Godzilla stands about an inch taller than the SHMA one.

But, they "feel" much better. They feel like sturdier figures, I've not had a problem with joints coming loose or with the rubber parts (for example Kongs diaper on the SHMA figure) being warped out of the box.

I also feel like they have nailed the designs much better, but honestly that's as much because they are released years later, so not based off concept art as anything else.

I have full faith in the line though, I'm replacing my SHMA one's slowly but surely when Hiya brings out their version.

Just waiting on their already announced Ghidorah now, and an eventual Mecha Godzilla from them.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Anguirus definitely needs to make a comeback. the people have forgotten about Anguirus.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Anguirus definitely needs to make a comeback. the people have forgotten about Anguirus.

We faithful remember. I bought a shirt from Cavity Colors that is basically a manga panel version of Godzilla and Anguirus talking from Vs. Gigan because it was the only Anguirus shirt I could find. (And I like it anyway.)

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

We faithful remember. I bought a shirt from Cavity Colors that is basically a manga panel version of Godzilla and Anguirus talking from Vs. Gigan because it was the only Anguirus shirt I could find. (And I like it anyway.)

i just looked up that shirt and it's sick. iconic moment.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Which continuity does that fall in?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PriorMarcus posted:

They are quiet a bit larger than SHMA, but all in scale with each other. Their GvK Godzilla stands about an inch taller than the SHMA one.

But, they "feel" much better. They feel like sturdier figures, I've not had a problem with joints coming loose or with the rubber parts (for example Kongs diaper on the SHMA figure) being warped out of the box.

I also feel like they have nailed the designs much better, but honestly that's as much because they are released years later, so not based off concept art as anything else.

I have full faith in the line though, I'm replacing my SHMA one's slowly but surely when Hiya brings out their version.

Just waiting on their already announced Ghidorah now, and an eventual Mecha Godzilla from them.

Thanks for the write up! Hopefully they go into the SHOWA stuff. I see they have some very reasonable prices for Robocop and Predator stuff! Plus DREDD.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

the GFW Anguirus kind of sucked because it was a recycled costume from Rebirth of Mothra II, or so I've heard. Everything in GFW was cheapo looking, like King Ceasar looked worse in 2004 than 1974 imo

anyway would love to see an updated Anguirus with Showa callbacks

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

instead of the new monsters they want to do for whatever is next in Godzilla v Kong 2 they should have put aside their cowardice and run full bore with Gigan

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I wanna see Megalon

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Give me Jet Jaguar. And not some updated, 'cool' Jet Jaguar, give him the same silly looking design from the 70s

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mantis42 posted:

Give me Jet Jaguar. And not some updated, 'cool' Jet Jaguar, give him the same silly looking design from the 70s

After seeing what they did with Mechagodzilla I'd rather they stayed away from JJ

:(

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

DLC Inc posted:

instead of the new monsters they want to do for whatever is next in Godzilla v Kong 2 they should have put aside their cowardice and run full bore with Gigan

It’s not cowardice it’s WB not paying up

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mantis42 posted:

Split the difference and make him a Pacific Rim Jaeger but still the exact same head and colors?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I liked the Jet Jaguar in Singular Point. It was at all the classic one, but it was its own thing and really helped flesh out the series.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mllaneza posted:

I liked the Jet Jaguar in Singular Point. It was at all the classic one, but it was its own thing and really helped flesh out the series.

Their Anguirus was pretty great too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_BfVUaSAM4

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Dangerous Person posted:

I wanna see Megalon

:emptyquote:

also i'd like Biollante to be in a movie that lives up to how good the monster design itself is

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'd like to see good CG versions of Hedorah and Biollante, they'd be my prime candidates.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I am still pissed off I missed out on the official Otaki Factory windbreaker. I do have the embroidered patch for it though.

Maybe I should get a decent jacket and have custom embroidery done on it...

edit: I did get a couple of the stickers as well and now my iPad is no longer from Apple but an official Otaki Factory tablet...

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 14, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/hanamaruki_1/status/1679652910500818944?t=v-soTRPlRdNg8B69-WvUUA&s=19

The more I see the more I like

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I like the blend of the traditional and the newer G designs here.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Really liking it too. The head looks a bit like a King Goji update, and maybe a little Stan Winston 98 concept Godzilla too?

DLC Inc posted:

Did you say full bore Gigan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYbW0EH0fqo

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah I'd like to see good CG versions of Hedorah and Biollante, they'd be my prime candidates.

I'm still a suitmation guy thru and thru but yeah, they could do some great things with CG Hedorah that were never possible before

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/scifijapan/status/1679709617159573504?t=S6H293yJ-V1AHMzRxQ1Bvg&s=19

That's nice to see. Those last few tweets of the borked subtitles were sad.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/scifijapan/status/1679709617159573504?t=S6H293yJ-V1AHMzRxQ1Bvg&s=19

That's nice to see. Those last few tweets of the borked subtitles were sad.

That's good. Any sight of a UK release yet?

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

CelticPredator posted:

It’s not cowardice it’s WB not paying up

It's WB not understanding how money math works. There's no way the cost of the Toho licenses for Destoroyah or Biollante are going to hurt the bottom line of a modern hollywood film that's barely gonna break even, anyway. gently caress it. Give me the nano-crab tidal wave and the giant tree crocodile that my lizard brain recognizes and maybe fears a little. You have the cash, goddammit.

Or new cool monsters are okay, too, I guess...

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
It's gonna be Ebirah

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Desumaytah posted:

It's WB not understanding how money math works. There's no way the cost of the Toho licenses for Destoroyah or Biollante are going to hurt the bottom line of a modern hollywood film that's barely gonna break even, anyway. gently caress it. Give me the nano-crab tidal wave and the giant tree crocodile that my lizard brain recognizes and maybe fears a little. You have the cash, goddammit.

Or new cool monsters are okay, too, I guess...

They actually don’t have the cash lmao. That’s why they could barely release their big tent pole movies last year and why they’re selling assets and freaking out

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1680051470282940422?t=-pLwHAgQVD0adeldPWbQVQ&s=19

Some ghidorah looking hydra beast here

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Ghidorah sucks

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Injuryprone posted:

Ghidorah sucks

You did not just say that :wth:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I don't think Ghidorah has a vacuum attack

So what about them sucks?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The head on the left sucks, the one on the right blows.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Injuryprone posted:

Ghidorah sucks

He did drain Godzilla's energy in both Final Wars and KOTM. It's probably his least talked about ability. You've done your homework.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Yamata no Orochi: "Oops! All Kevins!"