Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

IOwnCalculus posted:

I swore I had it in there but apparently deleted it in one of my edits. H8 AGM, 2018 GMC Canyon Diesel if you need to search by application.

Well then there goes that excuse. And agreed on the general sentiment around Walmart, that is literally my last choice option for shopping.

259 for aaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ancient Grains was gone for a couple months. Now it's back and giving me horrible gas. New ingredients? New supplier?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

IOwnCalculus posted:

Part of me wonders if spending an extra $10 is worth it to deal with Walmart instead since they're open 24x7 and in far more locations, but it's been a decade+ since I've had the combination of "a dead battery now" and "I have to solve this overnight".

Less so when lithium jump starters are widespread, cheap, plentiful, and convenient. Also gently caress Wally World.

oopsie rock posted:

I think I figured it out. Lunch was a turkey sandwich (no cheese, but it did have mayo) and I had some kimchi on the side to satisfy a craving, but it turns out I created a really horrible food pairing. I just ate more from the jar, straight, and don't get "remembrance of cheese" this time.

Disappointed that the venerable Jongga cannot be eaten with every possible food combination. 0/10

(jk it's actually better than I thought it would be...as long as it sticks to tasting like kimchi the whole time)

Cheese and korean food kind of go hand in hand together.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Tiny Timbs posted:

I get the appeal of a peaceful shopping experience but Walmart After Dark sounds like it'd more closely resemble a Waffle House

I was high on a few different stimulants back in 2010 and I went to Walmart at 3 in the morning and bought a desktop computer using 1400 dollars in 1s. I felt right at home because everyone else who was there was obviously either tweakin or up to some kind of other shady poo poo. good times!

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010

hark posted:

I was high on a few different stimulants back in 2010 and I went to Walmart at 3 in the morning and bought a desktop computer using 1400 dollars in 1s. I felt right at home because everyone else who was there was obviously either tweakin or up to some kind of other shady poo poo. good times!

These are the kinds of things we miss out on by shopping at Costco. No one is getting spun up on a Wednesday at 3:00 pm to go buy 48 cans of sliced peaches with dimes.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

UCS Hellmaker posted:

CVS absolutely price gouges you, do not get anything from CVS unless it's required by your insurance. They will make you pay a shitton out of pocket for generics that other places charge 5 bucks for. Walmart actually is 100% better typically.

Costco has some of the best self pay prices, the generic costs are some of the lowest I've seen. Use good Rx otherwise because it can give you a heads-up on what the average price is for your medications with each major pharmacy.

Yeah the 3 month supply for my meds is like $30 at Costco it rules

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

hark posted:

I felt right at home because everyone else who was there was obviously either tweakin or up to some kind of other shady poo poo. good times!

having been in Walmarts at that hour, can confirm :hmmyes:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

FogHelmut posted:

Ancient Grains was gone for a couple months. Now it's back and giving me horrible gas. New ingredients? New supplier?

does it have quinoa in it? quinoa can occasionally come with extra saponins which can make you rip rear end like crazy

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dick Fontaine posted:

does it have quinoa in it? quinoa can occasionally come with extra saponins which can make you rip rear end like crazy

Sure does, but I hadn't had any issues with it in the past.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

Yeah I learned this the hard way when I tried to meal prep with it lol.

I love quinoa but my rear end certainly does not love it.

It sucks because quinoa is a fantastic grain lol

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

quinoa makes me violently rip rear end

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12295603/Is-Costco-set-drop-Bud-Light-shelves.html

Costco dropping bud light!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lmao they are gonna make more room for Kirkland light.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
As a Canadian, I hate that we can't buy booze in Costco like you Americans can... I remember hitting the Costco on Maui and seeing giant bottles of Rum and Gin for next to nothing and being really sad that I can't buy that poo poo at home.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I'm at the food court and there are three old ladies in meat carts completely jamming up the kiosks.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Gyro kit was okay. Needs a lot more of the onion and tomato/cucumber mix, otherwise each bite is mostly bread+meat+tzatziki and it's all too soft to really enjoy like that.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

MarcusSA posted:

Lmao they are gonna make more room for Kirkland light.

Pls no.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

pencilhands posted:

Costco dropping bud light!
...or just swapping it for a different size/SKU? They've done that many times before with other non-Kirkland products.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Fatrick posted:

As a Canadian, I hate that we can't buy booze in Costco like you Americans can... I remember hitting the Costco on Maui and seeing giant bottles of Rum and Gin for next to nothing and being really sad that I can't buy that poo poo at home.

Depends on where in the US, too. I can buy really cheap booze in the California Costcos but the moment I get into Oregon I can only buy wine and beer. And Washington state Costco is taxed to hell and back compared to the California locations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I did a quick google search for this and 100% of the articles I saw were from right wing poo poo holes like the Daily Mail.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

From an employee on r/Costco: "16oz can is being replaced by a 24 pack of 12oz cans. No discontinuing"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wait a sec, the Daily Mail and Crowder and all of those idiots just lied?

:thunk:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wait a sec, the Daily Mail and Crowder and all of those idiots just lied?

:thunk:

how do you know its not the costco redditor whos lying

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

pencilhands posted:

yea that gruntled current employee probably has an axe to grind

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pencilhands posted:

Well, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because the garbage you posted is quite well known for lying.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Fatrick posted:

poo poo, can't even get that in most places in America. Liquor is all over the place on where you can get it.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
But... I thought you guys lived in the land of Freedom?!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

freedom to cause harm to others, not to have fun

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

A common mistake, it’s actually the land of Free Dumb, which is why many of us have so much of it.

My local Costco got in bags of non-frozen pre-grilled chicken strips and I decided to give it a shot, they’re not bad for lazy rear end fajitas. Cheaper to just make the chicken myself, but being able to take a few ounces at a time for whatever weird thing I decide to make for dinner is nice.

In related news I wish we’d get that hatch chili sauce? salsa? I’ve seen posted about here before but I guess that’s not making it up to the northeast, like how we only see bitchin’ sauce maybe one month out of the year.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

pencilhands posted:

Lol at a British paper reporting on an American store so they can tie it into their terf agenda somehow.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

....Costco should buy Anchor Brewing.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

I know this is a grave sin but I have a jar of the 505 chiles that just passed it's best by date. Never opened. Is it still usable?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Probably good for another year if you didn't make a habit of leaving the jar roasting in the sun.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s fine but you just aren’t getting the best possible flavor which that arbitrary date noted.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Probably good for another year if you didn't make a habit of leaving the jar roasting in the sun.

It's been in my fridge the whole time. Any good and easy recipes I can use it in?

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

metachronos posted:

It's been in my fridge the whole time. Any good and easy recipes I can use it in?

Pork green chili could take a big knock our of it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

well okay then

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

metachronos posted:

It also pairs well with eggs.

I don’t remember who the video I watched was from, but you can make a breakfast type thing with corn chips. You just simmer down the salsa + chicken stock and at the end put corn chips in it. You don’t want the chips to get completely soggy; a mix of some crunch and softer textures is ideal. There was more seasonings and stuff involved I think but that was the gist of it; you can probably take it from there.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Alan Smithee posted:

well okay then

I really want to try a bulgogi bake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

david_a posted:

It also pairs well with eggs.

I don’t remember who the video I watched was from, but you can make a breakfast type thing with corn chips. You just simmer down the salsa + chicken stock and at the end put corn chips in it. You don’t want the chips to get completely soggy; a mix of some crunch and softer textures is ideal. There was more seasonings and stuff involved I think but that was the gist of it; you can probably take it from there.

Sounds like you’re describing chilaquiles. The 505 chiles could definitely work in that.