Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

I wouldn't really hold my breath for admins/mods to do anything of value considering they are endorsing the glenn/sagas crew just making GBS threads up everything here in cspam.

and we're coordinating our attacks from the glennthread discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Asproigerosis posted:

I wouldn't really hold my breath for admins/mods to do anything of value considering they are endorsing the glenn/sagas crew just making GBS threads up everything here in cspam.

:stonk:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

loquacius posted:

So what they're saying is it matters who

Vote Blue?

No, matter who!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

I have in my hand a list here of 205 members of the glenn/sagas crew

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

A 360 is a complete circle. Or is that the joke?

Oh no, Willa. :(

Looks like someone needs to go back to early 2000s pop culture reference class

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't wait until Donald Trump makes president again and I can defeat you glennsters

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

For real who has time for an offsite discord. I barely have time for the forums as is. Always confused the gently caress out of me

Offsites got popular when Lowtax roused himself from his primordial slumber to gently caress with the forums. Everyone thought it was the end and wanted a way to keep in touch when the site went down. Some people got real weird about it.

lmao just remembered that Koalas March was on the D&D discord

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

HashtagGirlboss posted:

For real who has time for an offsite discord. I barely have time for the forums as is. Always confused the gently caress out of me

computer touchers

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I keep getting accused of being in a posting crew and literally the only off-site I'm in is the Boston one

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

They used to coordinate mass reporting in the D&D discord. If it's still running I assume theyve kept it up. Literally every accusation of brigading and coordination is based on the belief that since they do it their hated posting enemies must also be doing it (and they started it, naturally)

I long ago figured out it was projecting when they lobbed the "brigading" thing at cspammers, most of whom swore off dnd years ago.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Maed posted:

how can you even know if something is posted in bad faith? you can't read a poster's mind, these are thought crimes, I thought libs hated those!

The way they define "bad faith" is "did you explicitly reveal that you dislike another poster" (and if you did, it's assumed that any posting you do is done solely to antagonize). So if a poster also posts in C-SPAM and has mentioned thinking other D&D posters are bad/dumb, any posting they do in D&D is considered "bad faith." It's a weird misinterpretation of the idea of "ad hominem," where the thing that makes it unreasonable/bad faith is the mere inclusion of personal judgement (even if said judgement is directly linked to an actual argument).

Of course, it's immediately obvious that the D&D posters also despise their "forum enemies" (hell, nearly every post Discendo Vox makes is absolutely dripping with disdain), but it's not viewed as "bad faith" because they do not express this in another public SA subforum (and instead do so either in D&D itself or somewhere like a Discord channel).

It's previously come up how the Discord stuff is, ironically, actually significantly more "bad faith" due to its private nature - the people who post in both C-SPAM and D&D make no secret of their opinions (the only reason they're not more explicit in D&D itself is because of D&D's rules!), while these D&D people absolutely do. And if pressed they're never able to actually explain how any of this is consistent or makes sense. If you were to actually directly look into the mind of a poster like Koos or GJB (forget what their current username is), they'd probably be thinking "even though I can't prove it, it's obvious that these C-SPAM posters are just trying to rile us up for laughs." This is part of what makes them so irritated - they realize they can't formally justify this stuff, but they also "know" that they're correct. They mentally compare it with stuff like right-wingers coming in and "just asking questions."

VitalSigns posted:

I feel like you have to know on some level that your argument is bad if you think it makes you look bad when people quote it in full.

They're free to syq me saying that it's wrong to blow up kids with cluster bombs if they want because I don't think it makes me look bad to say so.

Yeah, this part has always been really weird and revealing. I can't imagine giving a poo poo if some people in D&D started quoting my posts (unless they were quoting stuff completely unrelated to political views/topics).

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I never even played animal crossing or those dumbass phone games my boomer friends liked. Never played words with friends or words with enemies & while sims medieval looked cool I decided I didn't need another time-suck.

So computer spades is the most "gaming" I've done & will ever do, and I'm fine with that. :colbert:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

a few years ago some of us old girls were getting drunk & playing some password-type game but we all fell out when someone shouted PENIS-JOINT for "cockney"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Woke Mind Virus posted:

They should rename it to 360-SPAM cause when you see it you do a 360 and walk away

oh hey a fellow yeti

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

I never even played animal crossing or those dumbass phone games my boomer friends liked. Never played words with friends or words with enemies & while sims medieval looked cool I decided I didn't need another time-suck.

So computer spades is the most "gaming" I've done & will ever do, and I'm fine with that. :colbert:

Don't worry Willa, I'm a male millennial and did not get the 360 joke either because I did not play many vidya games growing up

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gamersgatekeeping

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Willa Rogers posted:

When I asked the mod who pm'd me why people were reporting "the poo poo out of" me if I wasn't breaking any rules he refused to tell me, lol.

The mods absolutely think "generates too many reports" to be a legitimate reason to probe/gas/ban something.

It's not like they can tell people to quit reporting something, or punish people for reporting it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

reports are votes and voting is extremely important (for democrats)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

They used to coordinate mass reporting in the D&D discord. If it's still running I assume theyve kept it up. Literally every accusation of brigading and coordination is based on the belief that since they do it their hated posting enemies must also be doing it (and they started it, naturally)

imo the funniest thing is the posters who aren't on the Discord and still think this. Like a hanger-on who thinks he's part of the groups of popular kids, and then the popular kids hang out constantly without them

I remember one of the QCS (or SAD, forget) threads had one D&D person like "lol there's never been a discord" and then another D&D poster replied like "actually there was/is." Very awkward.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

The mods absolutely think "generates too many reports" to be a legitimate reason to probe/gas/ban something.

It's not like they can tell people to quit reporting something, or punish people for reporting it.
maybe we could formalize this into a points system where too much negative attention automatically hides the offending post unless you click on it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

comedyblissoption posted:

maybe we could formalize this into a points system where too much negative attention automatically hides the offending post unless you click on it

a system where the contrast between the text and the background is reduced with each report (like hn) would be funnier here

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

brings back Forums Cancer but for D&D

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/status/1679550723174834201?t=y5ch7tArcss6C_LavMofqg&s=19

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao, the succlibs will never leave twitter sheerly out of financial self-interest.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

lmao

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, this part has always been really weird and revealing. I can't imagine giving a poo poo if some people in D&D started quoting my posts (unless they were quoting stuff completely unrelated to political views/topics).
Aw gently caress! Those misogynistic BernieBros tricked me into saying women make up tales of sexual assault for money and fame!! Again!!

The lengths they'll go to solicit attacks on MeToo

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

lol

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Al! posted:

fiddling the dials and looking back at koos to see if im banned for bad faith posting

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:getout:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

🖕

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
thank you koos for keeping the avatar for now, much love

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

fondly remember the time twitter liberals were baited into condemning obama's child concentration camps

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

fondly remember the time twitter liberals were baited into condemning obama's child concentration camps

that was a wild 4 years. biden might be worse but he doesnt make me think about it, which is nice

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Koos did you get an invite to the D&D discord?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Judgy Fucker posted:

Don't worry Willa, I'm a male millennial and did not get the 360 joke either because I did not play many vidya games growing up

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

50 houses for some, death by exposure for others

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Nix Panicus posted:

Offsites got popular when Lowtax roused himself from his primordial slumber to gently caress with the forums. Everyone thought it was the end and wanted a way to keep in touch when the site went down. Some people got real weird about it.

lmao just remembered that Koalas March was on the D&D discord

On five or six accounts no doubt

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Asproigerosis posted:

who specifically is this crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I guess that makes me Cesar Romero