Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event fighter are you most looking forward to seeing in July?
This poll is closed.
Sean StricHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Alexander VolkanHOLLY HOLM 9 30.00%
Holly Holm 11 36.67%
A.J. McKHOLLY HOLM 0 0%
Roman KrykHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Dustin PHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Justin GaetHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Tom AspHOLLY HOLM 2 6.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Good job USADA. An unranked 40 year old is no longer dirtying our classy sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Tucker Lutz

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Keptbroom posted:

Just a supplement

In case people don't remember/know, Harris tested positive for the SARM LGD-4033 five years ago, and had a lighter suspension when one of his supplements was contaminated with it. Seems very possible he has continued playing the sketchy supplement game like Yoel.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:nws:

https://twitter.com/BenTheBaneDavis/status/1679333945106911232?s=20

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 13, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

In case people don't remember/know, Harris tested positive for the SARM LGD-4033 five years ago, and had a lighter suspension when one of his supplements was contaminated with it. Seems very possible he has continued playing the sketchy supplement game like Yoel.

We'll know for sure pretty soon since they all need to register their supps and batch numbers

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/hektic_one/status/1679470743157866496

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

BlindSite posted:

We'll know for sure pretty soon since they all need to register their supps and batch numbers

His post makes me think he found something decent that had plausible deniability but was too sketchy to even register.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Maybe Jon Jones was sharing his roids with his new training partners. They just aren't rich enough to fight it legally.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

kimbo305 posted:

His post makes me think he found something decent that had plausible deniability but was too sketchy to even register.

As good as just putting testosterone into your rear end imo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Walt Harris is a man over 40. He probably just texted GEAR to 321321 for his free sample of Nugenix, packed with Testofim, a testosterone boosting ingredient. drat you, Baseball Legend Frank Thomas and Football Legend Doug Flutie!

(she'll like it, too)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

LobsterMobster posted:

Walt Harris is a man over 40. He probably just texted GEAR to 321321 for his free sample of Nugenix, packed with Testofim, a testosterone boosting ingredient. drat you, Baseball Legend Frank Thomas and Football Legend Doug Flutie!

(she'll like it, too)

Lol, but also, ouch.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CarlCX posted:

So, here's a funny story about forcing oneself to bear witness to the end of humanity:

LobsterMobster posted:

Walt Harris is a man over 40. He probably just texted GEAR to 321321 for his free sample of Nugenix, packed with Testofim, a testosterone boosting ingredient.
istg i will never stop reading these loving threads :lol:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

istg i will never stop reading these loving threads :lol:

If there's one thing I learned about posting, it's that even bad posting can produce good posting. Just as bad cards can produce good Carl stuff.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I literally just ss'd yours and carl's next 2 posts and sent em to a friend in hopes that he'll one day register here and post with us :kiddo:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

I literally just ss'd yours and carl's next 2 posts and sent em to a friend in hopes that he'll one day register here and post with us :kiddo:

I've tried getting my mma friends to post here but trying to pitch them this place is like trying to get them to come live with me off the grid in a swanky 10 dollar children's tent. For some reason.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

It's occasionally really funny! And it always feels like 2005!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dan Hardy is posting about having signed with PFL.

My man, you're 41 and you're an excellent analyst. Please don't.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Dang Nugenix is raking it in.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

BlindSite posted:

lol my mate said he'd sooner bet on lebron being elected president than me getting fit and securing 10 more wins as a low level pro broxer and i got so mad i seriously considered it. then i slept on it and thought about how moronic it was to even think about securing even more brain damage with my athletic prime definitely past.

not looking forward to dan hardy proving me to be a loving sage in comparison.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

oh and also, lol at this.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
All I ever remember of Dan Hardy is that time gsp turned him into a pretzel but somehow nothing broke, and didn't he get a motorcycle one time??

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BlindSite posted:

It's got to be a signing for him as an analyst/color commentary, right??

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I guess I'm not surprised he's considering it since nearly every interview I see with the guy someone is asking, "So you thinking about fighting again?"

It gets in your head eventually.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

TheKingslayer posted:

I guess I'm not surprised he's considering it since nearly every interview I see with the guy someone is asking, "So you thinking about fighting again?"

It gets in your head eventually.

He’s been talking about coming back for years. I think there were some medical concerns, waiting for the right opponent, etc.

Have him fight Herb Dean on the first fight of some Facebook live prelims I guess.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FishBowlRobot posted:

He’s been talking about coming back for years. I think there were some medical concerns, waiting for the right opponent, etc.

Have him fight Herb Dean on the first fight of some Facebook live prelims I guess.

He had some kind of heart condition wolfram heart? Or something? I don't remember quite what it was called.

But he was talking about "polishing his left hook" so sounded a lot to me like fighting.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
It was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff-Parkinson-White_syndrome, I believe

individual865 fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 14, 2023

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

BlindSite posted:

He had some kind of heart condition wolfram heart? Or something? I don't remember quite what it was called.

But he was talking about "polishing his left hook" so sounded a lot to me like fighting.

Wolfram & Hart is the evil law firm in Angel, the spinoff of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Jeremy Renner guest starred in an episode of Angel, and alongside Chris Evans in the Marvel films. Who else was in a MCU Captain America film, you ask? Georges St Pierre, who defeated Dan Hardy in a welterweight championship bout. Your mixup is totally understandable.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/mmamania/status/1679725866467860483

Jan Blachowicz vs Alex Pereira might wind up being for the loving belt.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
So now Jamhal and Jiri can fight and have it be for no belt despite neither losing the belt. What a silly division.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CarlCX posted:

https://twitter.com/mmamania/status/1679725866467860483

Jan Blachowicz vs Alex Pereira might wind up being for the loving belt.

my mouth found a sound that i wasnt sure it was capable of while reading this, halfway between a laughand a loud burp

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Lid posted:

my mouth found a sound that i wasnt sure it was capable of while reading this, halfway between a laughand a loud burp
That’s what an ACL rip sounds like only louder

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i want poatan to become champion and then kill izzy again.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Vacant PFP #1

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FishBowlRobot posted:

Wolfram & Hart is the evil law firm in Angel, the spinoff of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Jeremy Renner guest starred in an episode of Angel, and alongside Chris Evans in the Marvel films. Who else was in a MCU Captain America film, you ask? Georges St Pierre, who defeated Dan Hardy in a welterweight championship bout. Your mixup is totally understandable.

Also CTE. Which I see in Dan Hardys future if he fights at 41.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Also CTE. Which I see in Dan Hardys future if he fights at 41.

The CTE was in an MCU movie?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

kimbo305 posted:

The CTE was in an MCU movie?

Do you know how many wrestlers are in it?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Well that sucks but if it makes Jan/Poatan for the title I'm all for it

In the mean time, to get over that incredilbe lost, watch ONE"s card that start in 8 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDS05lSTRi8

edit: Has there been another fighter that has torn their achilles? Seems like an incredilbe rare injury in the context of MMA.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 14, 2023

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
full moon volk
https://twitter.com/raasz5/status/1679436994353541121

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Finally. My opponent was a wearwolf.makachev is whatever kills them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
ONE Friday morning fights are off to a cracking start

3 fights, 3 finishes, all been action packed entertaining.