Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Foo Diddley posted:

i like how OP says the kid "had to go to the doctor's" and later says "when i visited him", just trying to minimize that the kid was loving hospitalized over this

Hospitalized for something serious enough that multiple people sent flowers & cards, even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

FoolyCharged posted:

I mean, if you want to be technical the cousin could have filed to be be an emancipated minor and been a legal adult for longer.

I gotta admire Ops style though: "I'm not even going out to a dinner date until I'm financially stable, because who knows how frisky things could wind up?" Is an impressively nuclear take with herself. And I applaud her for it. Being happy without a partner is awesome and this thread would have a quarter of the content if everyone was as comfortable as this chick with the idea.
I think she saw her cousin's life get completely derailed at age 17 with a new baby and suddenly disappeared boyfriend/babydaddy and decided that her life wasn't going to go down like that - so she's focusing on school and working and planning for the future. Her family is interpreting this as her thinking she's better than them so they take every chance they can to run her down.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Nurglings posted:

Where do you draw the line between supporting a partners dreams and not indulging in their fantasies?

Like obviously no sane person would expect Partner A to support Partner B's dream of building a rocket to fly to the moon when all they were working with is a GED and a Home Depot credit card, how far off from that example is the 41 year old alleged Margot Robbie lookalike that has never professionally acted who dreams of making it big in the City of Angels with nothing more than a theater degree and a credit card, and if the two examples are very far apart where should the line be drawn between them?

This is what I kept asking my brother-in-law who married my oldest sister.

She wanted to be an opera singer all her life. She spent 10 years at university perusing this and getting a teaching degree as backup.

Every summer she used all her money from student loans, scholarships and begging friends and family to go to germany and look for a permanent opera singing gig. She was a fine singer, but not good enough to overlook the language barrier and the fact that the hiring process would be a huge headache when their are 15 local and better singers a block away.

After school she immediately lucked in to a full time teaching position in her preferred city. She never subbed once. She married a few years later.

She did this just long enough to be forever in the union and immediatly claimed fibro mialgia and use the disability paymebts to go back to germany. She would go there, use up all her money and then come back tonsave for the next trip. She would do this a couple times a year.

She would not listen to everyone telling her to give up or that the teaching job was a miracle she gave up or that she could just audition online instead of going back constantly. She "knew how the industy worked and we just don't get it".

Eventually, her husband got testicular cancer. He had to take sick leave from work and he lost a testicle. This would not interfere with her big break and she still went back to Germany 2 days before his scheduled surgery. When she came back, so did the cancer and now he also had it in his limpnoids. There was a real chance of him losing his other testicle.

Her biggest concern now? She still wanted kids (she was 41 at the time) so she froze her husband's sperm and then a few months later while he was still bed ridden, went back to germany.

Against all that is good in the universe, after the last failed germany trip they paid for invitro ( which she used gofundme to fund) and even though he had a low sperm count and the doctor said they only had one shot at this, she somehow got pregnant.

So now she's 43 with a 6 month old, a partially bed-ridden husband and a plane ticket to germany in 2 months which she bought the second our grandmother died and left her a small inheritance. No, she is not taking the kid or husband who, by the way, has never been on one of these trips because he would "just get in the way".

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
See if you can count the red flags!

AITA for being upset about my husband taking a female co worker to get food after he said he’ll be a the gym

quote:

So basically what the title says my (25f) caught my husband (26m) at a Chinese place with his co-worker after he told me he was going to the gym. My husband has this tendency of lying about little and big things. I really did not notice until we were married because I was not catching him in lies. Anyways my husband has been sponsoring a new co-worker at his job and I knew of this. But he started acting differently, keeping his phone from me, checking in less often and he decided to go back to the gym. The gym was obviously fine. But he always tells me he does not feel like working out more than 30-45 minutes. On Monday he went and was gone for almost 2 hours and we live 3 minutes from the gym. I asked what took long he said he was dropping a friend off that he meet at the gym. Fine. Next day Tuesday, he goes to the gym again and leaves and says I’ll be home much earlier today. I was like okay bye. After he was gone for 1.5 hours I decided to take a walk to boost my energy. Later on the walk I checked his location which he chooses to leave on ( I have never asked for this and often has told him to turn it off because I think it drains battery). Location was not at the gym, I noticed I am close to the location he is at so I walk there thinking I’ll meet him. Instead he is at the Chinese place with his co worker. He thinks I should not be upset because “I didn’t give him a chance to tell me.” But normally he would invite me to go or tell me before hand.. he said they meet at the gym by accident and she wanted to get food so he took her. I don’t know of think he is cheating I just don’t think it okay. We both only have the same sex friends since we been married. It is not that I am opposed to having opposite sex friends but I think there should be open communication about it. Also the girl was laughing about it and I felt that to be disrespectful as no one was making a joke. I had asked my husband about the gym. Advice is always appreciated as well, thanks.
Hmmm, I dunno OP. I think you're imagining things.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

AITA for getting my wife a dog?

quote:

For some context, my wife (26) has always been a cat person. She has always helped at animal shelters, fostered cats, etc.. She also has a plethora of cat related items. I (26M), on the other hand, don’t consider myself to be a cat or dog person. I like them both.

My wife has always been anti-dog and is very active in anti-dog subreddits (hence the throwaway. I don’t want her to know I’m writing this). This has never really bothered me, but I always thought she should give dogs a chance before she decides if she hates them or not (She’s never had a pet dog, only cats. We also currently do not have any pets, since our cat passed away in January.)

Last weekend was her birthday, and I thought it would be a cute idea to get a puppy from the shelter. I figured that not only would she be able to give dogs a chance, but she can have a new furry friend.

I tell her I have a present for her and give her a box with the puppy in it (don’t worry, he wasn’t in there for long and he had plenty of air holes). She got super excited because she saw the holes and thought it was a cat. When she opened it, she frowned and asked what this is. The conversation went like this:

Wife: What is this?

Me: It’s a puppy! I thought you could have a new friend to cuddle with!

Wife: You know I don’t like dogs. I don’t want to take care of it.

Me: I know you don’t, but we can work together and maybe your opinion will change. He’s really sweet, you’ll like him.

Basically, she cried and told me that shes angry with me. She said she doesn’t want to take care of some “ugly rat dog” (He’s a chihuahua). She has since locked herself in her office and is now sleeping on the pullout in there.

Ever since her birthday, she has been short with me and refuses to even look at the dog. Everytime she sees him she looks disgusted.

I told some friends about this and they said that she’s “crazy” for not liking dogs.

My brother said I’m an rear end in a top hat for getting her the dog despite knowing she hates them.

I just wanted to help her feel a little but better about losing her cat, but now I feel like crap.

TL;DR: I got my wife a dog to help her cope with the loss of her cat even though she hates dogs
:murder:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's a total dick move but I'm finding it hard to take the side of someone who's "very active in anti-dog subreddits" so ESH I guess

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

yes it’s bad to buy someone a pet they don’t want but also wife seems insane that she’s participating in anti dog subreddits

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
happy birthday!! i blatantly disregarded your express wishes and pretended it was a gift so that i can call you ungrateful when you get pissed off! love you!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Upgrade posted:

yes it’s bad to buy someone a pet they don’t want but also wife seems insane that she’s participating in anti dog subreddits

I'd give a lot of weirdo personality issues a pass when the other person thinks giving a living animal as a surprise gift is a good idea.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Dogs killed 63 Americans in 2022. Cats? Too smart to get caught.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

I think she saw her cousin's life get completely derailed at age 17 with a new baby and suddenly disappeared boyfriend/babydaddy and decided that her life wasn't going to go down like that - so she's focusing on school and working and planning for the future. Her family is interpreting this as her thinking she's better than them so they take every chance they can to run her down.

I'm sure mine wasn't the only high school that had a daycare on site for the teen parents, but honestly I am totally down for that. I think. If more kids got experience with just how freaking insane babies and toddlers are, that is literally one of the best forms of birth control ever.

Also, barring a very few special circumstances, never ever give someone a live animal as a gift. Well now when I say special circumstance I mean like in my case, years ago I bought my mom a baby Kenyan sand boa. Now this would be our 6th sand boa at the time, but this one was specifically for her, so she got to name him. However, since I already took care of the other boas, it was no big deal to take care of one more, which was the idea when I bought the guy in the first place.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

FMguru posted:

AITA for being upset about my husband taking a female co worker to get food after he said he’ll be a the gym

quote:

Also the girl was laughing about it and I felt that to be disrespectful as no one was making a joke.

lmao imagine being so oblivious about your partner's cheating that the side piece is laughing in your face about it

Nitnen
Jul 29, 2011

Clocks posted:

they said that she’s “crazy” for not liking dogs.
why does this part in particular sound like whitepeople.txt

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Pookah posted:

You've just reminded me how, on my very first day of University, less than an hour into the day, a really cheery group of girls basically scooped me up and said that we should all be first day friends to make it a bit less scary. Three years later, and I was still friends with some of them, it was an incredibly blessed start :3:

That is indeed a lovely story. Yay for lasting friendship.

But my counter to it is the old saying "You will spend all of your second year at Uni trying to ditch the losers you made friends with in first year." Which was more how my Uni experience went. Although, to be fair I am still very good friends with one of the people I met during my first month at Uni, so I guess I am a hypocrite.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Clocks posted:

AITA for getting my wife a dog?

:murder:

i mean you dont go hardmode on someone for their first dog. should of gone for a different toy breed that isnt considered satan in dog form.

ive actually only met one poo poo head chiuahuah the rest were chill as gently caress once you let them smell your hand but they were all ugly as sin with hosed up teeth and it would be 120 degrees out and they would shake non stop. i still think they are a cool breed but i think they have entered pug territory where they are over bred to look ugly and shake with big eyes.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I'm sure mine wasn't the only high school that had a daycare on site for the teen parents, but honestly I am totally down for that. I think. If more kids got experience with just how freaking insane babies and toddlers are, that is literally one of the best forms of birth control ever.

Also, barring a very few special circumstances, never ever give someone a live animal as a gift. Well now when I say special circumstance I mean like in my case, years ago I bought my mom a baby Kenyan sand boa. Now this would be our 6th sand boa at the time, but this one was specifically for her, so she got to name him. However, since I already took care of the other boas, it was no big deal to take care of one more, which was the idea when I bought the guy in the first place.

in mine the daycare was run by the teen moms. all of their elective periods were spent in the day care taking care of all the infant / toddlers while the other teen moms did core subjects. if they were a senior this is 3 periods subjects 2 periods day care and 1 period taking care of your kid they also hid them away in one of the trailer class rooms out by 4h.

snergle fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 13, 2023

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

who in their right mind tries and convince someone who doesn't like dogs to like them using a chihuahua puppy of all things

e: f; b

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
AITA For making fun of my sister after her fiance broke up with her (post has been edited for humor purposes)

quote:

Last fall, my sister got engaged to her BF (25M) of 3 years. To celebrate their engagement, they got matching tattoos of each other's names. On their necks.

Just the headline: AITA for telling my niece about her dad’s nipple piercing

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

MettleRamiel posted:

She wanted to be an opera singer all her life. She spent 10 years at university perusing this and getting a teaching degree as backup.

Every summer she used all her money from student loans, scholarships and begging friends and family to go to germany and look for a permanent opera singing gig. She was a fine singer, but not good enough to overlook the language barrier and the fact that the hiring process would be a huge headache when their are 15 local and better singers a block away.

After school she immediately lucked in to a full time teaching position in her preferred city. She never subbed once. She married a few years later.

She did this just long enough to be forever in the union and immediatly claimed fibro mialgia and use the disability paymebts to go back to germany. She would go there, use up all her money and then come back tonsave for the next trip. She would do this a couple times a year.

She would not listen to everyone telling her to give up or that the teaching job was a miracle she gave up or that she could just audition online instead of going back constantly. She "knew how the industy worked and we just don't get it".

Eventually, her husband got testicular cancer. He had to take sick leave from work and he lost a testicle. This would not interfere with her big break and she still went back to Germany 2 days before his scheduled surgery. When she came back, so did the cancer and now he also had it in his limpnoids. There was a real chance of him losing his other testicle.

Her biggest concern now? She still wanted kids (she was 41 at the time) so she froze her husband's sperm and then a few months later while he was still bed ridden, went back to germany.

Against all that is good in the universe, after the last failed germany trip they paid for invitro ( which she used gofundme to fund) and even though he had a low sperm count and the doctor said they only had one shot at this, she somehow got pregnant.

So now she's 43 with a 6 month old, a partially bed-ridden husband and a plane ticket to germany in 2 months which she bought the second our grandmother died and left her a small inheritance. No, she is not taking the kid or husband who, by the way, has never been on one of these trips because he would "just get in the way".

Holy poo poo! My sister has been addicted to meth in the past and I'd take that over what this poo poo is!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MettleRamiel posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

Hellblazer187 posted:

I bet you could start an acting career in your 40s if your ambition is to get like "mom in a commercial" type roles. Blowing up a family for that is kinda nuts, though.

Yes, if you have an agent or connections in the business. Commercial shoots don’t require you to move to Atlanta for six months though.

Anyways hoping she’s enjoying the massive writers and actors strike that has shut down all production for basically the next year, the perfect time to start a career as a big acting star.

The year or three after that will be all the work in the pipeline that didn’t get made due to the strike and is now back on.

If she is SUPER attractive (not “I kind of look like Margot Robbie” but “I am often mistaken for Margot Robbie despite being a full decade older”) and INCREDIBLY talented and has a deep pool of money to draw from where she can devote all her time to auditions/acting class/meeting the right people she can definitely lose the audition to be Barbie’s grandmother in Barbie 2: Hardly Pinkin’ to Heather Graham.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

MettleRamiel posted:

Has anyone from the union or disability office ever checked up on her? This seems like one of those clear-cut cases of fraud. Or does she claim that she goes to Germany to "visit a specialty clinic" or some bullshit like that?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

BrigadierSensible posted:

"You will spend all of your second year at Uni trying to ditch the losers you made friends with in first year." Which was more how my Uni experience went. Although, to be fair I am still very good friends with one of the people I met during my first month at Uni, so I guess I am a hypocrite.
Freshman week I walked into the computer center (this was in the mainframe days) and essentially never left. Still in touch with a bunch of my fellow geeks, including my husband, 30+ years later. Blest be the bytes that bind.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Freshman week I walked into the computer center (this was in the mainframe days) and essentially never left. Still in touch with a bunch of my fellow geeks, including my husband, 30+ years later. Blest be the bytes that bind.

Did you work writing Fortran for all those companies that didn't want to replace their old mainframes for newer hardware?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FMguru posted:

People like this are why when you buy a bag of boiling water it's covered with warning labels not to stick your hands in there.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

FMguru posted:

Another starter marriage bites the dust. At least she found out that he's a compulsive liar and probably a cheater before any kids came along.

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 14, 2023

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Midnight Voyager posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thank you for auditioning, we'll be in touch. And enjoy your stay in Germany.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Khanstant posted:

People like this are why when you buy a bag of boiling water it's covered with warning labels not to stick your hands in there.

Are bags of boiling water available for purchase a Canadian thing?

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Husband got a “married sex” education and I don’t know what I think about it

quote:

My husband (30m) and I (27f) were virgins when we got married (five years ago). We were both raised in a religious tradition that valued waiting until marriage, and we did.

I’ve learned something since and I’m not sure how I feel about it. Two weeks before our wedding in 2018, my husband’s aunt (Maria, now 39f), who is not religious at all (they are not “blood” related) took him out for dinner and drinks. I remember at the time thinking it was sort of sweet, since my husband and Maria are close, but kind of unusual.

Anyway, what I’ve learned is that Maria’s purpose for taking him out was evidently to talk to him about sex and marriage, to give him a “real” point of view that she thought he hadn’t learned (she was admittedly probably right about that). She gave him a sheet with her “top 10 things to remember in the bedroom” written out.

I found this sheet while doing some cleaning last week and was shocked. It was really specific and kind of graphic. A lot of the stuff was nice, like being confident, but some talked about really private and intimate stuff, too. And honestly I think he’s put some of it to use with me.

I asked my husband about it, and he blushed like crazy, and told me the back story I described above. I feel sort of weird about this. Has anyone else dealt with anything like this?

Tl;dr: my husband got a sex education lesson from his aunt and I don’t know what to think about it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Are bags of boiling water available for purchase a Canadian thing?

Yeah americans sell it in jugs.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

In Europe it's ultraboiling and sold in tetrapaks.

Tobermory posted:

Husband got a “married sex” education and I don’t know what I think about it

Between the title and the opening, I definitely thought this was going in another, very different, direction.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

The Lone Badger posted:

Uh you don't boil breast implants what is wrong with you

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Give me your life!

AIW for not giving my sister my baby?

quote:

I am aware how insane this title is but hear me out. It’s me F28, my husband Lucas (39) and my younger half sister (dads side) Lia (24).

My husband and I met through work 5 years ago but didn’t date right away, we tied the knot by eloping two years ago as I predicted Lia would cause wedding drama. Lia herself had a failed engagement 1 year ago, we gave her our condolences but she said if I really cared I would stop wearing my engagement ring around her flaunting it. I obviously did not take it off, it’s a vintage ring that is an heirloom in Lucas’s family. I’m now 5 months pregnant with a baby girl, she wasn’t planned but she’s a very welcome surprise. Lucas is so excited to be a girl dad it’s very funny.

Ever since I announced my pregnancy, it wasn’t a fancy thing just over dinner, Lia has been very snippy and standoffish with me. Fine it didn’t really effect me, we’re not close. But then I noticed when we’d go to visit my dad, or are at family gatherings she’s very touchy with Lucas, she giggles at every joke he makes. Doesn’t really bother me, I’m secure in my marriage and if anything it makes her look silly.

We had a ‘blended’ family event with both mom and dads side and we were discussing baby names when Lia freaked out screeching at me that shes the one who deserves a husband and a baby not me. I never wanted marriage or kids (I was focused on getting a career). And stormed off. Later on my dad and his wife said she shouldn’t of shouted but I was flaunting my marriage and pregnancy when I know she had a failed engagement and had always wanted a baby.

I thought that was it but yesterday the three of them asked to talk and they came over to ours and they legitimately asked if I would give Lia my baby. Like they weren’t joking they said it seriously. They said she deserved it more than me as she wouldn’t neglect being a mother for a career. Lucas was stunned but then promptly got them out of our house. I heard Lia clinging to his arm telling him she could be a good SAHM.

My mom and her side of the family are furious. Lia’s mom said it was malicious of me to tell my moms family and that I had really upset Lia when we eloped so I had to make it up to her and that my mom doesn’t get a say.

What the actual gently caress??

EDIT: just to address some things, yes unfortunately this is real and it happens often, look up the case of Taylor Parker. This whole this is really stressful. I’m immune compromised so I’m really feeling run down and have to be careful. Lastly Lucas is actually Swedish so that is an option to those of you who have suggested moving.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
I really dig the idea of "flaunting" your pregnancy. Like, OP was really rubbing it in everyone's faces by not going into reclusive seclusion for nine months. Boy, what a selfish show-off.

Also, the husband being excited to be a girl dad is pretty :3:.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Did you work writing Fortran for all those companies that didn't want to replace their old mainframes for newer hardware?
At school, I was working first in BASIC and later in PL/1, but on a timesharing system, not IBM. My first job post-school was at PR1ME, for those who remember it; I was documenting hardware, so FORTRAN never arose.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Evil Willow posted:

Give me your life!

:catstare:

Restraining order! Go no contact with all three of them. Move to Sweden.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for doing what I said I would do?

quote:

I know people won’t agree with me and say I should’ve just left. I guess I’m revengeful and probably childish but I did warn him. Long story short, my boyfriend is a cheater and the first time he cheated I warned him that if he cheats again, I will find out and I won’t say a word to him and assume the relationship is open since he desperately wanted us to work it out. Well he did it again. More than once. He thought I wouldn’t find out and thought he didn’t leave any evidence. He was sloppy. He kept it up for years and for years I said not a word. Some of his friends from his job told me he was bragging about the things he’s done to me and showed me the texts of him telling them everything and how he was able to have his cake and eat it so I decided it was time. We were laying in bed and I asked if he’s proud of his infidelity and he was confused and was saying it was the biggest mistake of his life and regrets it everyday. Lies. All I could do was smile when he said that.

We moved to a very small town for his job (We’re from Dallas and moved across the state to a town that has a population of 700) I told him the perks of being in a small town is that word gets around fast. I told him I saw his texts sharing pictures of the girls he had on the side, gloating about the cheating he’s done, and how he was able to fool me. He tried to start crying and saying he messed up and regrets everything but I interrupted him. I told him I knew of his cheating years ago and told him I kept my word. Of course he was confused when I said it so I reminded him what I said when he first cheated. The way his face changed was something I’ll forever remember. I’ve been on dates, talked to, even had a whole relationship that lasted years( the other man knew about everything and was fine with it) his face went from pale white to red.

I lost my cool and told him while he was desperately chasing after women that wanted nothing to do with him, I was getting my back blown out and my guts rearranged by a man that knew my worth. Was that wrong of me, probably. But I did warn him and he didn’t take me serious. He couldn’t say anything to me. He just sat there with tears flowing from his eyes. If he wouldn’t of cheated again, I wouldn’t of taken it as him opening our relationship. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

spacing mine.

AITA for making my son give back a birthday gift

quote:

Short and simple. My brother gave my son an Indiana Jones LEGO set. It has a literal idol of an Egyptian god.

I told my brother that I would not have pagan idols in my home.

My son is upset but we are Christian and that is one of the Ten Commandments.

My brother took the set back and gave him the set that has a car and an airplane from Last Crusade instead.

My husband thinks I went too far but an idol is an idol.

AITA?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Evil Willow posted:

Give me your life!

Lia is certifiably insane and needs an appointment with the guys in white coats with the net.

Op should just move to Sweden anyways. Why would you raise kids in a country where schools have active shooter drills if you have a better option?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

wilderthanmild posted:

So this post isn't THAT interesting on it's own. Bog standard bullshit where some guy is trying to get his wife to sign a child support agreement and is upset that lawyers wont sign it without drafting an actual legal document instead of one he wrote himself. Most likely it's some kind of non-standard unenforceable nonsense he got chatGPT to poo poo out. He is of course angrily responding to every poster telling him the myriad reasons that no lawyer will just sign his self written document.

However, this guy's post history has some amazing details about the kind of person he is.

A few other highlights, just as titles:
Where are the negative reports or articles regarding covid vaccines?
Why is there no bad news about covid or the vaccine online?
What opener do you use when meeting a stranger on an online dating site?
Note this is well before he starts mentioning divorce and he says he's looking for "Something casual"

Also lots of posts claim his ex agreed to everything and it's amicable, but this sure doesn't sound like it:

ADVO is a restraining order specific to domestic violence

Beyond that just standard internet dipshit stuff where he's really into crypto, specifically the knockoff of doge coin, shiba inu coin lol

I just fell completely down this rabbit hole. Absolute shocker this guy is getting divorced.

So I love to follow up on these a week later and oh man, this guy is digging himself deeper again after deleting all his old posts. He's doubling down on never having a lawyer even in his hit an run criminal case.

worlds dumbest Australian posted:

Can I apply for the witness and victim statement before going to court and pleading not guilty?
I got served today for some accident that I have no clue about but apparently a witness and the victim got my license plate and colour of my vehicle. However, I haven't seen anything they have claimed so how can I even prepare to fight this?

some redditor posted:

Yes, you are entitled to the evidence before you are required to make a plea. Seek legal advice.

What if I'm representing myself?

some redditor posted:

A man who represents himself has a fool for a client

Bonus:

Nsw, alleged to have damaged a vehicle then fled the scene.

I need the witness statement because the witness was the one who gave the licence plate and if what the police have actually written is what the witness has stated regarding the incident, I may be able to prove he has lied so I can then rule out the witness which then rules me out as a suspect since the victim didn't get the licence plate
So his plan seems to be to try to galaxy brain his way out of this by asking what he probably thinks are bombshell questions.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

I really dig the idea of "flaunting" your pregnancy. Like, OP was really rubbing it in everyone's faces by not going into reclusive seclusion for nine months. Boy, what a selfish show-off.

Also, the husband being excited to be a girl dad is pretty :3:.

I've been a girl dad for 10 years now and I love it and now that we're about to have an unplanned son, allow me to share with the thread some things people feel free to say that make me feel stabby:

Hyuk Hyuk kept trying until you got a son!
Finally, you got your son!
Now you'll have someone to talk to!
Finally one you can connect to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

tactlessbastard posted:

I've been a girl dad for 10 years now and I love it and now that we're about to have an unplanned son, allow me to share with the thread some things people feel free to say that make me feel stabby:

Hyuk Hyuk kept trying until you got a son!
Finally, you got your son!
Now you'll have someone to talk to!
Finally one you can connect to!
People suck.

Congrats to you, and to your daughter who will soon have a li'l brother to fuss over and look out for. :3: