Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Songbearer posted:

Elon can you confirm this to be true?

Well, um, you see, the idea that that that someone could, um ah, uh, b-block IPs, that's a very interesting idea, maybe it could be implemented that way if you think, um, if if if, ah, ah-heh, you think you're that brilliant um you could um, just do something as simple as uh,

that, you could, well.

uhhh, yeah so, um, um, um, no further statements on this please uh, UH, your HONOUR.

*stares at phone intensely for rest of case*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Elon treats all posters that suck his dick equally.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
I hope that Elon Jet guy got a cut of the twitterbux

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
If you're still on Twitter you're now complicit in sending domestic terrorists, sex traffickers and other sludge of society thousands
https://www.threads.net/t/Cupp8xnS0Hf/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
wait till you hear about capitalism

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Paracausal posted:

If you're still on Twitter you're now complicit in sending domestic terrorists, sex traffickers and other sludge of society thousands

lmao that you post this self righteous bullshit while linking to facebook

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I gave money to low tax

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
reading from a desktop browser/real computer so I dont know what that zuckthread says.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Isn't it weird the lawsuit doesn't specify WHEN these events allegedly occurred?

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

imagine willingly giving ian miles wrong $16,000

https://twitter.com/ARCCollective/status/1679580467224518656

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
are these tax able items? i hope they are.

imagine this is the timeline where musk causes regressive d listers to have IRS trouble.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

wait till you hear about capitalism

whats that

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PhazonLink posted:

are these tax able items? i hope they are.

imagine this is the timeline where musk causes regressive d listers to have IRS trouble.

Lol this was my first thought too

Pretty sure that would be counted as income

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Paracausal posted:

I don’t pay for Twitter Blue and my understanding is they only get payouts for views from other Twitter Blue users like a CHUD minded MLM

I mean there’s other reasons to not do a Twitter I just don’t think this specific reason pans out for us unverified

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Paracausal posted:

Let me tell you about a little thing called Youtube...

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is it still income if Musk stiffs them?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So the cash they're giving people was totally made up, right? I can't imagine one guy posting for a few months is worth way more then 5k in ad revenue.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hell wait till you learn where your tax money goes

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I haven't seen a single one of these that isn't a Musk reply-guy or Musk promoted

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Momomo posted:

So the cash they're giving people was totally made up, right? I can't imagine one guy posting for a few months is worth way more then 5k in ad revenue.

I can't imagine him stiffing the biggest bunch of loudmouths on the platform but then elon is definitely not a smart man.

More likely he is only paying a select group of loudmouths and it will have an amplifying effect with people thinking they can get these kind of creator payouts. But only a very select few will ever get them regardless of engagement.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Momomo posted:

you dont get it, Tim Pool pulls in soooo many usermins / screen area / kilopascal^(5/-3) (this was the spellcheck's suggestion)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

priznat posted:

I can't imagine him stiffing the biggest bunch of loudmouths on the platform but then elon is definitely not a smart man.

More likely he is only paying a select group of loudmouths and it will have an amplifying effect with people thinking they can get these kind of creator payouts. But only a very select few will ever get them regardless of engagement.

I meant more that the values themselves were pulled out of thin air. It really looks like Elon is just paying people to post while making it look like they're just getting a cut.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Momomo posted:

I meant more that the values themselves were pulled out of thin air. It really looks like Elon is just paying people to post while making it look like they're just getting a cut.

Yeah there's no way Twitter is on top that poo poo in any real way. Numbers right out of muskys rear end. Try to find one payout going to someone who isn't a sycophant.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jokes on you everyone he listed was already on payroll

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Yeah, this isn't revenue sharing via ads on tweets. This is marketing 100%. Paying Elon's favorites to promote Twitter blue.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It's based on regretted user seconds

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

priznat posted:

lol

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Bottom Liner posted:

it's so weird how many goons can't realize "Outright Nazi signal boosting Nazis because he wants to promote Nazi ideology" is the bottom tier

"hurrr somethin bad happened on another website so i guess i gotta keep using the nazi one for the great sports chat and custom hentai" is the weakest laziest poo poo.

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
If those numbers are real in any way, they're definitely subsidized and not coming from the ad revenue stream.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

priznat posted:

Elon could make that 44 billion back all by himself if that was the case

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Bottom Liner posted:

All social media is bad. Does that satisfy your two neutrons furiously rubbing together? I'd prefer the one that isn't openly flaunting paying paedophiles and sex traffickers.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The funniest part about these (completely artificial and made-up chud handouts) is how much less Tim loving Pool gets than all the other chuds. He gets less than some random account called "end wokeness". He's only worth 2/5ths of an Ant Man, and less than 1/3rd of a Romanian sex offender. He's a full time grifter and self-promoter, and he gets less than $6k? lol

Especially funny when just a couple of days ago Elon was trying to tell Mr. Beast to post on Twitter where he'd totally make more than his YouTube millions. Any actual "I get paid for content creation" person out there is going to look at these payouts and just lol.

What's going to be fun now is over the next few days/weeks is watching all the other blue ticks who didn't get paid whine incessantly about not getting paid. Or, even funnier, is if the payment program actually does give a fair cut of ad revenue (it won't though) and they all get payments of literal pennies. The meltdowns we'd see if someone gets 37 cents in cold hard cash for their months of blue tick fueled chudposting.

Please, Mr. Elon, pay all your blue ticks a fair share. Comedy demands it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Momomo posted:

Elon could make that 44 billion back all by himself if that was the case

lol you just know Musk is paying himself in this revenue sharing scheme too

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
elin got high af and decided to give his favourite scumbags some pocket money didn't he

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

The funniest part about these (completely artificial and made-up chud handouts) is how much less Tim loving Pool gets than all the other chuds. He gets less than some random account called "end wokeness". He's only worth 2/5ths of an Ant Man, and less than 1/3rd of a Romanian sex offender. He's a full time grifter and self-promoter, and he gets less than $6k? lol

One of the doge coin guys got $37k lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

MunchE posted:

it's so weird how many goons can't realize "Outright Nazi signal boosting Nazis because he wants to promote Nazi ideology" is the bottom tier

"hurrr somethin bad happened on another website so i guess i gotta keep using the nazi one for the great sports chat and custom hentai" is the weakest laziest poo poo.

you claim to want to make things a little better and yet you post?!

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

What makes an account earn money? User seconds or whatever the gently caress he said?

Makes me think of how Vulfpeck gamed Spotify years ago with their Sleepify album, telling people to play it on repeat while they slept so they earned money. Can I make a tweet and use a browser refresh extension to pump up the views and get paid?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

kazil posted:

One of the doge coin guys got $37k lol

That's loving hilarious. This is going to turn into a chud dick-measuring contest and there will be tears.

I looked this one up (already blocked, like all blue ticks), and all they do is post stolen memes and make bland posts similar to Elon. It's a banter void. Somehow they have 2 million followers. Pretty sure they must run some kind of botfarm, either for followers or retweets, and I wouldn't be surprised if the payout was based upon how many blue ticks they bought, payment going to the main account.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

morningdrew posted:

What makes an account earn money?

Being one of elons efriends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
For a hot second I read the string M2k and thought it was that one smash bros. player with the glasses.