Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Chemtrailologist posted:

I hope he shoots lightning like Palpatine.

then he will die and they will bring him back

"somehow, the Mule has returned"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Oh. gently caress. I had an actual realization about the direction they're actually going to go.

The mule is a mutant in the books. They're going to keep that. A Cleon on the run from his fatherbrother for being a genetic deviation.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ikanreed posted:

The mule is a mu-tant

come give uncle Scrotor a kiss

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
To be clear, that's probably a positive for the quality of the show.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Chemtrailologist posted:

I hope he shoots lightning like Palpatine.

Mule is going to just do unbeatable matrix kickflipping and beat everyone with a speech about how he can read every punch before it is even thrown

Then the wisened pacifist politician Salvor Hardin is going to learn Ultra Instinct from DBZ and spin kick him into submission by fighting without thoughts for him to read

Smash cut to credits with Nickelback's "Hero"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Somehow, the M.U.L.E. returned.

Mutated Ultimate Lewis Emulator

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

ikanreed posted:

Oh. gently caress. I had an actual realization about the direction they're actually going to go.

The mule is a mutant in the books. They're going to keep that. A Cleon on the run from his fatherbrother for being a genetic deviation.

A :females: cleon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Mule played by Orlando Bloom.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the mule is just another cleon!

its cleon all the way down folks

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
i hope cleon takes his shirt off in season 2 a lot

pilgrimage episode best episode

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
dang looks like i get my wish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCPKoiks7yE

season 2: now with even more nude cleon

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
im fine with that

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

thats not candy posted:

lmaooooo

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Nude Cleon is nice, but was he loving Daneel in the start of that? I'm... Not really okay with this :barf:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Legs Benedict posted:

im fine with that

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
so many slash cuts in that fight scene

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Actually I think he only got slashed once

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

nice of those assassins to walk in one at a time just as he killed the previous one

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Legs Benedict posted:

im fine with that

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Rappaport posted:

Nude Cleon is nice, but was he loving Daneel in the start of that? I'm... Not really okay with this :barf:

I hope Daneel has a big ol’ dick and pegs Cleon just to annoy you

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm pretty psyched for this, I won't lie. Say what you will about how wild this show swings in quality were, at least it isn't boring. That bit in the finale where she decided to go and randomly commit suicide by water planet was honestly terrible, but even that had camp value.

(I have not read the book)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

dpkg chopra posted:

-by Chuck Tingle

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Hope this episode has some robot anatomy, with what fruit-ninjaing her head (/brain?) and still being functional.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm pretty psyched for this, I won't lie. Say what you will about how wild this show swings in quality were, at least it isn't boring. That bit in the finale where she decided to go and randomly commit suicide by water planet was honestly terrible, but even that had camp value.

(I have not read the book)

Like when I step away from the books, the problem is that nothing that happens on terminus is interesting. It is very very boring. There's rarely, if ever, any actual tension.

Things do happen, technically, but seemingly never as part of any coherent plot progressing. Action sequences happen. A lot. A poo poo ton by Foundation standards, but they never actually advance or resolve a conflict.

Does anyone enjoy salvor's third fistfight gun scramble with the huntress that changes nothing?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The math predicts that this season is going to suck major donkey balls but we are going to watch it anyway.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

dpkg chopra posted:

I wouldn't be surprised, this show does seem to take the weirder aspects of Asimov's writing and turn them into something even dumber. And Daneel's twin was used as a sex toy slash lover. :barf:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
pounded in the butt by my sentient robot advisor while pounding my sentient robot advisor in the butt

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

ded posted:

pounded in the butt by my sentient robot advisor while pounding my sentient robot advisor in the butt

no clone on clone action????? :mods:

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

ded posted:

My Robo-Butlers ran a positronic train on me and I loved it

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I only saw the first two episodes of season one of this show. E1 was good and decently worked as a space opera movie. E2 was really bad. I heard the rest wasn’t much better

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

you've seen the best two episodes

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

thats not candy posted:

Can we send this clip back in time 40 years to show Isaac Asimov?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok who has watched episode 1 of season 2?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i just finished it.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Oof.

Bring Back Silo.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
That bad?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

just like the first season imo there’s some likable bits but less overall than before. it’s like firmly way off anything even remotely resembling the book narrative at this point. there’s even a scene where they basically say it out loud

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Being way off the books is a point (I assume; I have not read them despite reading a lot of Asimov's short stories, I.R., etc), but it's bad in its own right as a TV show. Being on-book wouldn't improve it.

And I notice yet again it's carried by the Cleons and their sex robit?!!? drat.

Granted, it's not as shockingly bad as this marvel invisible war thing. I felt every grinding minute of the last 35 min episode of that, whereas this 45 mins shot by.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Are these the same Empire dudes from the end of last season? Having the same actors play each other at different parts of the season and then sometimes they are completely different people is just confusing. I'm not going to memorize the cleon number for each guy, so mentioning it does nothing for me. I'll probably keep watching it but I'm already lost and it's only the first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
I think these are the 17th(?) mob, the last lot were the 14th(?)

Pace is definitely and noticeably playing the middle one differently, the old one's less decrepit, etc.