Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Alhazred posted:

Do we know it's her real voice and not just an elaborate prank?

That's not real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Opopanax posted:

Ok, guv’ner! Spook yah doodles?

Spook ya dad!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Ah gently caress. Let me copy paste

he goes on to say that, on the other hand, the teams on Doctor Sleep, Ouija: Origin of Evil, and Gerald’s Game were all actually fantastic and really helped improve and protect the work, so it’s not all bad. but funny trivia for the Mikeheads

Read this thread this morning and was laughing my rear end off, there's nothing you could say about studio execs that's too unbelievable.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"Oi! Mistah you me da'?"
-Mia Goth

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
She sounds like that bathroom ghost in Harry Potter

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Excuse me I think you mean the slab of concrete that gives blowjobs from Doctor Who.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I love her and I will beat up that pipsqueak shia if he harms her.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
She obviously sounds like a cartoon mouse

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Halloween Ends
Spends waay too much runtime on weird relationship drama. Honestly more of a rom-com than a horro movie.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Alhazred posted:

horro movie

I like this. Even better if you pronounce it in Spanish.

Gonna watch some horros this weekend

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like to say harrah movie

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drunkboxer posted:

She obviously sounds like a cartoon mouse

*meeting Mia Goth at a con* So, what's Basil of Baker Street like

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Read this thread this morning and was laughing my rear end off, there's nothing you could say about studio execs that's too unbelievable.

Especially today, when it came out their last real attempt at preventing actors from going on strike was to offer to scan background actors' likeness, keep that scan legally forever, and pay the actor for one day of work for it https://www.theverge.com/2023/7/13/23794224/sag-aftra-actors-strike-ai-image-rights

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Lmao

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

david_a posted:

I like this. Even better if you pronounce it in Spanish.

Gonna watch some horros this weekend

Brazzers zorro

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

My wife's teenage sister has been staying with us and we've been letting her watch a bunch of movies that her very helicopter parents DEFINITELY would not let her watch. She's enjoyed a lot of more recent horror stuff (Autopsy of Jane Doe, Smile, etc.) so we decided to show her the Evil Dead remake.

She loved it :3:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

:3:

I love hearing stories about kids/teens enjoying horror. It's something I didn't really get to experience since I was sure I disliked the genre (loved Corpse Bride and really enjoyed Sweeney Todd but that was about all I ever tried to stomach). It's such a pure thing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Especially when you get them in that age where they're grown up enough to enjoy it, but still young enough to get properly invested in it. I showed my 14 year old nephews Braindead recently and they were so into it, and so vocally disgusted by it, it ruled.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Chris James 2 posted:

Especially today, when it came out their last real attempt at preventing actors from going on strike was to offer to scan background actors' likeness, keep that scan legally forever, and pay the actor for one day of work for it https://www.theverge.com/2023/7/13/23794224/sag-aftra-actors-strike-ai-image-rights

These people steering the ship is frightening.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Unironically show them terrifer 2.

It’s so much fun

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

CelticPredator posted:

Unironically show them terrifer 2.

It’s so much fun

She's definitely on the normier side of horror (Conjuring, Sinister, Insidious, etc.) so I'm trying to find more spooky stuff along those lines but maybe with more gore.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Lumbermouth posted:

She's definitely on the normier side of horror (Conjuring, Sinister, Insidious, etc.) so I'm trying to find more spooky stuff along those lines but maybe with more gore.

Oh my god show her Malignant.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Been thinking a lot about Demon Knight lately and how I want to watch it again. Maybe show her Demon Knight.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Malignant and M3GAN for sure! Barbarian feels like a crowd pleaser too, and she might already know Pearl from social media but that's good.

Maybe Fright Night? Fright Night is fun.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Oh my god show her Malignant.

Oh hell YES, she would adore this.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Show her loving Fright Night!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I watched horror express with my older kid tonight

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

My comfort horror tends to be scattered through the older horror films from the 60s to 80s. I've lost count how many times I've sat through The Raven with Vincent Price or Return of the Living Dead.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Whoever listed NOES3 I agree with that one as a comfort I go back to also. I feel like it is the one, along with the original movie, that most embraces the crazy dream logic and dream world. And I love the cast of misfit characters.

I think my favorite moment is the one during the group therapy session where you realize they have suddenly entered the realm of dream rules.

When the steel balls from the puzzle suddenly levitate

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
My niece is really into spooky stuff, ghost stories, etc, but she's only 7 so I can't really show her anything intense yet (she loved Coraline and Nightmare Before Christmas though). It's gonna be really fun showing her more horror movies in a couple years.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Has she ever seen the Dr Seuss Halloween special? As a kid that was into spooky stuff I wore that tape out rewatching it.

It’s called Halloween is Grinch Night I think

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
My favorite Halloween special as a kid was Garfield's Halloween Adventure. It's like half typical Garfield shenanigans with he and Odie going trick r treating, and then the second half is a really cool spooky ghost pirate story.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

gey muckle mowser posted:

My niece is really into spooky stuff, ghost stories, etc, but she's only 7 so I can't really show her anything intense yet (she loved Coraline and Nightmare Before Christmas though). It's gonna be really fun showing her more horror movies in a couple years.

Cannot recommend Paranorman enough for kid horror (and really any horror fan)

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Deadite posted:

Has she ever seen the Dr Seuss Halloween special? As a kid that was into spooky stuff I wore that tape out rewatching it.

It’s called Halloween is Grinch Night I think

Not sure on that one, if not we'll add it to the list.

Nikumatic posted:

Cannot recommend Paranorman enough for kid horror (and really any horror fan)

I think she has seen that it but I'll check, I don't think I've seen it myself even so at least I'll watch it haha

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Paranorman was shockingly good. I watched it randomly at a drive-in double feature with zero expectations. I'm surprised it's not more of a cult classic these days.

I don't know if they hold up, but Goosebumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark were some of my spooky faves as a kid. Something about mid 90s cheap Canadian kids productions on VHS added to the effect.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'd imagine they're on Paramount but Hey Arnold put out some banger Halloween episodes back in the day

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Wendell & Wild is some great kid horror. When I was watching it all I could think of was how much I would have enjoyed it if I were younger. Not to say I didn't enjoy it now, but y'know, I'm not really in the demographic anymore. I can see it becoming a kid's favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Grinch Night is absolutely bizarre and my kid liked it more than Grinch Christmas for a while