Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Ah, that epitomic test of the intelligent

Yeah he was born on Babylon 5, ez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

TheWeedNumber posted:

Yeah he was born on Babylon 5, ez

Yes but how do you pronounce it

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

maffew buildings posted:

ah, you lumbering, stupid brutes fetishize big boobs and butts on cheerleaders, but as an aueter and thinking man with a passion for smart women, I fetishize women with braces and glasses who are too clumsy for sports. clearly this is different and in no way alarming or problematic.

These stereotypes are terrible and harmful. My stereotypes are awesome and cool.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Weren't Luke and Leia technically born on a spaceship? Or am I misremembering the end of Episode 3?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Yes but how do you pronounce it

Nah-boo

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Alien Arcana posted:

Weren't Luke and Leia technically born on a spaceship? Or am I misremembering the end of Episode 3?

For some bizarre reason you now have me wondering what the passport equivalent of “AT SEA” or “IN THE AIR” would be for space.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

hobbesmaster posted:

For some bizarre reason you now have me wondering what the passport equivalent of “AT SEA” or “IN THE AIR” would be for space.

Voidussied

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Earth Orbit or Deep Space

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
"Upwell"

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Too bad Virgin Galactic shuttered, I could totally see them giving some pregnant lady a free ride but only if they name the first child born in space after Sir Branson.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Midjack posted:

Earth Orbit or Deep Space

"IN THE AIR" somehow seems cooler than even "DEEP SPACE" but I'm not quite sure why

There we go

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The Eyes Have It posted:

You're reminding me of one of my favorite X-Files episodes, with the "reverse werewolf".

A cryptid humanoid forest creature who lives a carefree and peaceful existence gets bitten by a human. Thereafter he periodically becomes human at times, and while in human form he wants human things. And in the process he's slowly losing himself as he deals with the few benefits and many horrors of human existence. He wears clothes, gets a job, rents an apartment, buys "stuff", etc and meanwhile oscillates through these self-loathing phases where he just wants to tear off his clothes and run back into the forest and never turn human again. Ultimately he seeks death as deliverance from his curse.

It's a kind of out-there concept episode and I have no idea how popular it was as a result but it's a loving masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

Watched today, you were right that owned. Can you recommend more new xfiles?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

orange juche posted:

lol what the gently caress is this poo poo

its called posting, you might try it sometime

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I think I have more than you, most of them are bad, but number go up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

orange juche posted:

Take a seat son. The real poo poo posts havent even begun yet.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Somehow the most incel poo poo ever written, and that's including the weird spree killer manifestos.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Watched today, you were right that owned. Can you recommend more new xfiles?

I don't have a big recommendation list really, although I do remember liking the 'Fake News' episode (The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat) which I think was even more ahead of its time than it realized.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

It’s Ahch-To.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

orange juche posted:

but have you tried posting

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Platystemon posted:

It’s Ahch-To.

Gesundheit

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gently caress yeah i said Gunship

they just put out a new track with the vampire sax man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ulVpYs6vg

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 14, 2023

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

After my cat, Gunship is the best thing the forums have introduced me to.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
How did the forums get you a cat

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

How did the forums get you a cat

You didn't get a cat?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Itchy_Grundle posted:

You didn't get a cat?

I know I got my forums issue cat

he rules

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Did I miss the IRR call up chat? Do we know who is being called up? I'm not finding much out there other than a bunch of youtubers freaking out.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

ASAPI posted:

Did I miss the IRR call up chat? Do we know who is being called up? I'm not finding much out there other than a bunch of youtubers freaking out.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...to-active-duty/

Looks like 450 lucky people get to go if Im reading it right?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol if you've still got IRR

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
No actual information leading me to this conclusion so it's entirely an rear end pull; gently caress you if you're still in on IRR and a Russian linguist or SIG/ELINT that can reach over the borders. That's my guess.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I think it's an "up to" so they can pull in the 12 people they actually want.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

M_Gargantua posted:

bird food bathtub posted:

No actual information leading me to this conclusion so it's entirely an rear end pull; gently caress you if you're still in on IRR and a Russian linguist or SIG/ELINT that can reach over the borders. That's my guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MOuODkgxgo

Beau posted:

So, Penny mice?

if you just subconsciously said da, you might wanna get your stuff together.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

RFC2324 posted:

I know I got my forums issue cat

he rules

Mine is fantastic.

TL;DR, a Goon needed to rehome her, I offered, that goon turned out to be a huge PoS, and is now perma'd, Rosie and I have been living happily ever after.

M_Gargantua posted:

It's really fun telling all the reserve and IRR dudes I work with they're gonna get recalled, even though they have no particularly useful or desirable skills that'd get them recalled.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Elviscat posted:

Mine is fantastic.

TL;DR, a Goon needed to rehome her, I offered, that goon turned out to be a huge PoS, and is now perma'd, Rosie and I have been living happily ever after.

It's really fun telling all the reserve and IRR dudes I work with they're gonna get recalled, even though they have no particularly useful or desirable skills that'd get them recalled.

:3:

I texted my friend that as he's a Russian linguist. Though he's beyond IRRs reach sofaik. Also wasn't in as a linguist so I think he's safe.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Mine is fantastic.

I always wondered what happened to Rosie when that story ended and I'm glad for both of you. :3:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I think the dress looks like it's guilty of attempted murder and should be sentenced to life.

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1679881783221911552?s=19

quote:

Nicknamed 'The Dress That Broke the Internet', it became a social media hit when it was first shared on Tumblr by wedding guest Caitlin McNeill, who appealed for help in solving the colour dilemma. 

Celebrities including Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift also shared it. The couple went on to appear on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where they were handed $10,000 and a trip to Grenada after revealing on US TV was black and blue.

But now Johnston is in court accused of trying to murder his spouse. 

The Ellen bit is kinda on the nose too!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Who cares about the dress, what sort of sordid poo poo is the yanny/laurel person up to

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who cares about the dress, what sort of sordid poo poo is the yanny/laurel person up to

The was a report that he clapped at the end of a short flight once.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Elviscat posted:

Mine is fantastic.

The reserve center had an all hands and told their sailors the triad doesn’t know poo poo on what skill sets are needed as of 1000. Sounding more like a drill.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
https://twitter.com/jortsthecat/status/1679938611955859456

ron perlman isn't loving around anymore wrt the WGA/SAG strike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/avoidthehanoid/status/1679943115174744065?s=20