Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

mawarannahr posted:

Thing about the earthquake zones in America (well, conus at least) is they are also burning zones

I mean your apartment is gonna be hosed if its brick, concrete, or wood if a wild fire is right up against it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
like my building after moving to seattle is concrete/steel and idk how I tolerated my lovely ca condo that I could hear anything going upstairs

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

mawarannahr posted:

for those who don't know, this is literally happening, not speculatively

unless they are killing people I don’t think they can top solitary as torture reality tv

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Celexi posted:

The wood vs concrete issue forgets this, in concrete apartments people are more comfortable due to privacy and not hearing their upstairs neighbor, which means people don't go the " neeed to move to a sfh to be able to be quiet" said home probably in middle of a forest and burns down in a few year, along with the emissions associated with the commute.

The people building the apartments don't care about any of that.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

yeah Netflix in particular isn't exactly about protecting artistic vision or paying creators for their accomplishments

they buy concepts and strip them for parts then squeeze whatever money they can out of it before abandoning the carcass and moving on

which is why we're going to see an actual, extra inhumane reality show based on Squid Game soon
upset at this the director goes meta and retcons the entire previous events as a truman show-esque horror foisted upon the main character and no one actually died and he now inhabits a grotesque universe where there are fans cheering the horror he went through and then

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The grocery was selling 4 dozen/$5 but I bought an 18-pack instead.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

There were a lot of people last year gloating about how Russia was ascendant and invincible despite Western sanctions due to them invading Ukraine. Well,

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1679345683566870529

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

insane clown pussy posted:

non-union independent productions are still gonna happen

get ready for a whole lot more uplifting christian cinema starring jim caviezel and kevin sorbo coming soon to your local movieplex

not surprised sorbo is a scab

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

1 in 4 Americans have watched squid game. now that's not 1/2 so it's not *average* but it's not idiosyncratic

how many Americans are going to opt to rewatch friends or the office instead of reading subs

animist
Aug 28, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

Thing about the earthquake zones in America (well, conus at least) is they are also burning zones

the five-over ones usually have separate AC for different apartments, so this just means you can charge extra for the premium apartment smoke filtration package

animist has issued a correction as of 03:57 on Jul 14, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

There were a lot of people last year gloating about how Russia was ascendant and invincible despite Western sanctions due to them invading Ukraine. Well,

Don't worry little buddy. Nato will will ein soon so the nazis in Europe can start purging the global south while trying to have a war with China. You will get what you want.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/business/status/1679682810309754881?s=20

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

i am harry posted:

how many Americans are going to opt to rewatch friends or the office instead of reading subs

netflix gives you your choice of dubs or subs.

(dubs are for the weak or the vision-impaired imo)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Don't worry little buddy. Nato will will ein soon so the nazis in Europe can start purging the global south while trying to have a war with China. You will get what you want.

A white supremacist state invading another white supremacist state directly led to an expansion of NATO. The fuckup is squarely on Russia's hands and if the Russian citizens are smart they'll blame their leadership for loving up, just like we loving should have with Bush(es). It's still loving unconscionable that W got off scot-free for 2003.

Long-term Russia is being cut off and any short-term economic victories have proven to be ephemeral.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I wonder what percentage of people use subs and dubs simultaneously so they can read the words they didn't hear correctly due to bad sound mixing

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

I think they were like notoriously bad on Squid Game

If Netflix is footing the bill for dubbing or subbing it's a good chance it's gonna be the worst on other stuff too

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

maybe dont start a war dumb gently caress?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I recently cancelled netflix for crunchyroll, got alot of poo poo to get caught up on and I am too lazy to download torrents anymore

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RadiRoot posted:

maybe dont start a war dumb gently caress?

No no no NATO started the war by vacating the region entirely.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i dont watch movies or tv what have i missed?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1679573122767306752?s=20

https://twitter.com/DariushSeif/status/1679574607555117057?t=sMVGCHXCAi7mMTKSR-AIUQ&s=19

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

Bad news for Russia

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Koirhor posted:

I recently cancelled netflix for crunchyroll, got alot of poo poo to get caught up on and I am too lazy to download torrents anymore

Gotta finish Edgerunners then I'm dropping

I spend way more time watching Tubi

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

A white supremacist state invading another white supremacist state directly led to an expansion of NATO. The fuckup is squarely on Russia's hands and if the Russian citizens are smart they'll blame their leadership for loving up, just like we loving should have with Bush(es). It's still loving unconscionable that W got off scot-free for 2003.

Long-term Russia is being cut off and any short-term economic victories have proven to be ephemeral.

I said don't worry.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

gently caress yeah comrade Drescher.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

MISS FINE! should run for president of the united states!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Please send all Ukraine/Russia slapfights to the appropriate thread, TIA

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Koirhor posted:

mashle owns

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why is Russia supposed to have a surplus? Do we?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Why is Russia supposed to have a surplus? Do we?

America absolutely does not

the actual news underneath the op-ed spin is that the price of oil fell, so oil exporting nations like Russia aren't printing as much money today as they were last year

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
gas not being over $5 right now is loving bullshit

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SKULL.GIF posted:

so do they have a total surplus of 5 bil or it only added 5 bil to the surplus they had at the end of the previous period?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Willa Rogers posted:

subs are books and books are for nerds

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i just read something saying that all the new marvel movies flopping now is because of ron desantis

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

reaching for increasingly arcane metrics to show that, no-now that NATO's in the game, all those February 2022 blitzkrieg assumptions can be safely reversed

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

glad tucker carlson will finally get what he wants.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Seems to me Russia is coming to the end of a windfall period due to this war rather than their economy doing anything unusual.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Russia making all that money earlier is bad though as can be told from worlds best economy, America's, doing the opposite.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

90sgamer posted:

Hollywood is going to strike a deal with websites such as Something Awful to fill content holes

ready for my content holes to be filled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

90sgamer posted:

Hollywood is going to strike a deal with websites such as Something Awful to fill content holes

groverfilm