Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nessus posted:

someone forgot how to read manga

This is murka! We read left to right, top to bottom (if we can read)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Here's hoping the new patch brings back what the people really are crying out for:

One handed caster wands and shields!

The return of belts!

Spearfishing gigs with stats!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Martyn is my favorite lovable loser in ffxiv, which is saying a lot because there's a real buffet of choices

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

OB_Juan posted:

Here's hoping the new patch brings back what the people really are crying out for:

The return of belts!

Only crazy people want those things.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I just realized I never actually finished the level 60 BLU plot, let alone 70. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend (throwing myself at puzzle fights, crying)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
a cool weapon would be a one-handed axe or hammer for a melee dps. theres already 5 sword melee, surely a second axe wouldnt kill them

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I have to do the 70 fight, too. But for the TT card. I care about nothing else.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Countblanc posted:

a cool weapon would be a one-handed axe or hammer for a melee dps. theres already 5 sword melee, surely a second axe wouldnt kill them

A one handed axe would work perfect for beastmaster.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

OB_Juan posted:

A SKATEBOARD MOU-

quote:

The return of belts!

oh :(

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
bring back TP I love playing samurai and having to spend thirty seconds with my thumb up my rear end because I dared to use AoE

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blockhouse posted:

bring back TP I love playing samurai and having to spend thirty seconds with my thumb up my rear end because I dared to use AoE

MF didn't bring TP potions, get their rear end

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the children yearn for cleric stance

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Blockhouse posted:

Shoulda queued with a ninja.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Dual Wielding Hammers or Axes or Shields for DPS! :black101:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'd like a double-ended weapon that you can do some sick Darth Maul moves with

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ok but i do actually want a spearfishing gig with better stats on it though

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Antivehicular posted:

I just realized I never actually finished the level 60 BLU plot, let alone 70. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend (throwing myself at puzzle fights, crying)

I just have to do the last fight. I have all the tools, I have the knowledge, but never hunkered down and did it.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I am hoping we get some stronger damage spells this patch which make the lv70 fight a bit easier to finish.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kerrzhe posted:

make it blue or purple and increase the item level to whatever (620?), but keep the stats of the white stick :v:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bruceski posted:

The Blue AF is, once again, Blue A F.

It's not going to stop me from working a glam around the Edengrace caster top, but only because its on a similar level of big pimpin'.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe it doesn't have to look like a shield. Like maybe a ring of glowing runes, or something like that plus a wand or rod would look kinda cool.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

I need my ilvl averages on my gatherers to be the same. :negative:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Blockhouse posted:

Bring back TP, cross-class skills and HW AST cards for one day, so that then people will stop requesting them back.

We may need to hold this event every couple years just to stop the new crop of people who have this really cool new idea you guys

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

FuturePastNow posted:

I'd like a double-ended weapon that you can do some sick Darth Maul moves with

they don't have to create a new class for this, just make such a weapon equippable for ninja like Zidane in FF9. You would still have all the same moves but your battle stance and attack animations change

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kwyndig posted:

Only crazy people want those things.

I dunno, either having up to date gigs *or* getting rid of it would be nice. I hate the ilevel discrepancy of FSH versus MIN/BTN. It just bugs me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kerrzhe posted:

Kyrosiris posted:

I dunno, either having up to date gigs *or* getting rid of it would be nice. I hate the ilevel discrepancy of FSH versus MIN/BTN. It just bugs me.
I'm one of those people who can't stand Fishing, so I've never cared much about the ilvl discrepancy... because Fishing is my only DoL/H job I haven't maxed.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
A quick question: I remember hearing that DRK's journal gets extra parts if you read it while as a DRK, how many is that true for? I see it with the level 80 quest, but not for any others in a quick scan-through.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Cleretic posted:

A quick question: I remember hearing that DRK's journal gets extra parts if you read it while as a DRK, how many is that true for? I see it with the level 80 quest, but not for any others in a quick scan-through.

afaik that's the only one

lines
Aug 18, 2013

It's true for the lv50 quests and below as well, as well as I think the 60-70 ones?

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

lines posted:

It's true for the lv50 quests and below as well, as well as I think the 60-70 ones?

There's Stuff in the journals for those DRK quests, but I don't think it matters what job you're on when you open them.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Oh, huh. I thought it did.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

OB_Juan posted:

The return of belts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpGRfmRaIx8&t=7s

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

OB_Juan posted:

The return of belts!

That would be fun for a single gear tier, give blms those gear coffers like paladins for a pointless wand and shield

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

one cool thing you can do is pay Three American Dollars for a one-handed conjurer or thaumaturge weapon from the ff13 event that can't be glamoured on any weapon over level 50

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Cleretic posted:

Bring back TP, cross-class skills and HW AST cards for one day, so that then people will stop requesting them back.

We may need to hold this event every couple years just to stop the new crop of people who have this really cool new idea you guys

I would just troll like it was The Purge all day on AST with the cards. The NIN that can't stay out of bad gets a Bole, the BLM ice mage gets a Spire, etc

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

When did they commit to making BLM/WHM weapons 2-handed only going forward? The end of 2.0?

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Regalingualius posted:

When did they commit to making BLM/WHM weapons 2-handed only going forward? The end of 2.0?

The last caster 1Hs were added in 2.3, if I'm reading the wikis correctly.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
ARR crunch I assume. A 2h and 1h/oh is a whole extra weapon model set you have to make and balance itemization for. With the big push to HW and how much crunch it took to get those out, it's no surprise a lot of itemization like that got the cut. Like you don't see combined head/chest bits or aetherial gear outside of ARR either.

Is that a bad thing? Ehh, ffxiv's draw is more glam than gear, so fewer high quality models beats a bit more variety of slightly shittier ones. My catgirl has to look perfect, duh.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

WHM was originally 1h/oh in 1.x and only shifted with ARR. And a lot of the combined head/chest gear was left over from 1.0 too.

So yes, you can blame 2.0 crunch for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yeah all these animation and skill replacements for penumbra are cool, but wheres my anim/vfx packs for doh/dol?