Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
God I wish Mac would hurry up and die already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Vladimir Putin and the Wagner uprising in Russia – Russia appeared to narrowly avoid civil war when troops controlled by Yevgeny Prigozhin began but aborted a march on Moscow"

Telegraph:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Vladimir Putin’s authority ‘significantly weakened’ by Wagner revolt, says ex-MI6 chief

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Daniel Christie on Vladimir Putin losing his grip – Russian leader facing ‘unprecedented challenge’ after Yevgeny Prigozhin’s rebellion"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Matt Hancock arrives to give evidence to Covid-19 inquiry

David Squires:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
That joke was tired during Desert Storm ffs

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Prigozhin’s armed mutiny against Vladimir Putin – The Wagner rebellion marked the most direct threat to Putin’s authority since he became Russia’s president 23 years ago – will it cost him power?" After the school of Fountainbleu.

Telegraph:

Forecasting failures under Bailey have made inflation worse, admits Bank of England policymaker

Matt:

English cricket branded ‘racist, sexist and elitist’ in damning report as ECB apologises

Times:

Covid inquiry: Matt Hancock admits pandemic plan was totally wrong — as it happened

Evening Standard:

Government on alert amid fears Thames Water ‘could collapse’

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the feared collapse of Thames Water – The UK government and the water regulator, Ofwat, are scrambling to draw up contingency plans to rescue Thames Water amid fears Britain’s biggest water company cannot stay afloat with its bulging debt pile" After George Cruikshank.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Kramatorsk: Ukraine restaurant flattened by Russian missiles

Evening Standard:

Jonny Bairstow hailed as ‘hero’ after tackling Just Stop Oil protester at Lord’s; Nadine Dorries, Jacob Rees-Mogg and Priti Patel slammed for criticism of Privileges Committee report on Boris Johnson

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
OK, deep breaths, everyone.

Guardians:
"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s allies and the Partygate inquiry – Seven Tory MPs and three peers – including Nadine Dorries and Jacob Rees-Mogg – have been criticised for a ‘coordinated’ campaign to discredit the inquiry"

"Ella Baron on a new home for Wagner’s mutinous troops – Yevgeny Prigozhin and his men have had to leave Russia, could the Tories’ favoured ‘safe third country’ suit them?"

"Ben Jennings on the state of the NHS on its 75th anniversary – How has the health service fared under successive Tory prime ministers?"

"Steve Bell on Israel’s offensive in Jenin — Israel has launched a major aerial and ground offensive into the West Bank city of Jenin, its biggest military operation in the Palestinian territory in years, in what it described as an ‘extensive counter-terrorism effort’"

"Rebecca Hendin on accusations of profiteering across UK economy – Suspicions have been growing for a while that some companies are doing very well out of the cost of living crisis"

Telegraphs:

Nigel Farage hits back at Coutts over claims his bank account had insufficient funds

Independents:

After Thomas Eakins.

Timeseseseses:

Migration is fuelled by too many degrees, say New Conservatives

Evening Standards:

Mac:
“Oh no!”

Stephen Collins:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's a lot of lazy ideas for one post. Welcome back.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Tony Blair and the NHS – Former prime minister urges expanded role for private sector as NHS turns 75"

Telegraph:

Joe Biden pushes for Ursula von der Leyen to be Nato chief

Independent:

Times:

King’s Scottish coronation: Charles is presented with Honours of Scotland in Edinburgh

Evening Standard:

Meta’s new app Threads has 10 million join in seven hours; Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One review: Tom Cruise has pulled off another miracle

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

goatface posted:

That's a lot of lazy ideas for one post.

Is that too long for a thread title?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the UK’s out of touch prime minister – Britain’s problems are mounting and no amount of sage advice can disguise the fact that they are not being addressed"

Telegraph:

Climate change protesters interrupt Starmer speech

Independent:

Times:

Sir Keir Starmer wants speaking lessons for all pupils; October 2021: Angela Rayner apologises for calling Conservatives ‘scum’

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

Retailers are profiteering from bumped up petrol prices, Andrew Bailey says; :sun: Hottest June on record owing to climate change, says Met Office :supaburn:

Independent:

No 10 declines to say if PM will attend debate on report rebuking Johnson allies After Alexandre Falguiere.

The i paper:

Staff at asylum reception centre ‘ordered to paint over welcoming pictures for children’

Times:

When are the forthcoming by-elections and should Rishi Sunak be worried?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

British cartoonists really seem to love drawing BoJo's nipples

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Britain’s summer of zombie government – Rishi Sunak’s walking-dead regime kicks the can of industrial disputes down the road"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

‘I hate tree-huggers’ — Keir Starmer explodes over green policy

Mail on Sunday:

"‘Ooh look, Mummy. Daddy’s fallen asleep. I thought he wanted to watch the cricket.’"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the UK’s out of touch prime minister – Britain’s problems are mounting and no amount of sage advice can disguise the fact that they are not being addressed"

I know this is supposed to be a tower or whatever, but I can't not see Rishi as a tiny, tiny man who swims in a cheap plastic ashtray.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Vladimir Putin’s weaponisation of Zaporizhzhia – The Ukrainian president has warned that Russia may be planning to simulate an attack on the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant"

Telegraph:

Joe Biden given traditional royal welcome by the King at Windsor Castle

Times:

Evening Standard:

Biden hails ‘rock-solid’ US-UK relationship at Downing Street talks with Sunak

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
lol why doesn't america treat us like the Important Global Player we clearly are :britain:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on the removal of murals from a UK children’s asylum centre – The immigration minister, Robert Jenrick, ordered paintings of characters including Mickey Mouse to be removed from the centre in Kent because they were ‘too welcoming’"

Telegraph:

US to lift ban on sale of F-16 fighter jets to Turkey in exchange for Sweden’s Nato membership

Matt:

Gatwick Airport warns travellers to expect disruption this summer

Times:

Joe Biden flies to Britain insisting: Ukraine needs our cluster bombs

Evening Standard:

BBC gender pay gap widens, annual report shows; BBC boss Tim Davie to face media questions as presenter scandal deepens

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on King Charles’ meeting with Joe Biden – The US president met the king to discuss how to tackle the climate crisis on a visit to the UK for talks on Ukraine"

Telegraph:

Ukraine to be offered ‘Nato-lite’ protection

Matt:

Huw Edwards latest: Presenter at centre of BBC sex scandal named by wife

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Conservatives and Channel crossings – Government orders cartoons to be painted over at two asylum centres in Kent"

Telegraph:

Ukraine: The Latest - Nato holds fire making Kyiv a member of the alliance

Matt:

The full list of allegations against Huw Edwards

Independent:

Rishi Sunak to host 'hog roast' in bid to unify Conservative Party

Times:

Evening Standard:

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

What's going on with zelensky's arms in the blower, jesus

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jrbg posted:

What's going on with zelensky's arms in the blower, jesus

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Sun’s reporting of Huw Edwards – Rupert Murdoch’s paper is under fire over its allegations about the BBC presenter"

Telegraph:

Public sector pay growth surges to 22-year high in blow to Jeremy Hunt

Matt:

European heatwave pushes cold weather UK’s way

Independent:

Jeremy Hunt to take ‘difficult but responsible’ decisions on public sector pay

Times:

Russia-Ukraine war: Kyiv voices gratitude for aid after Ben Wallace warns ‘we’re not Amazon’

Evening Standard:

Hollywood on strike: Top actors join writers on picket line shutting TV and film

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on Rishi Sunak and striking doctors – A senior cabinet minister has urged health unions to take the government’s pay offer ‘seriously’, after union leaders said the proposed deal would drive doctors out of the profession and could lead to further strikes"

Telegraph:

‘Shutters are down, doors are closed’ – the reality from heatwave Europe

Matt:

Independent:

Boris Johnson ‘can’t remember passcode’ to phone with Covid WhatsApp messages After Salvador Dali.

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Figments of Rishi Sunak’s imagination – As parliament prepares for recess, delusions haunt the prime minister"

Sunday Telegraph:

Ukraine counter-offensive on brink of ‘major breakthrough’

Matt:

Inside Hollywood’s big deepfake scandal – and why actors are striking over it

Sunday Times:

Junior doctors’ strike: hospital waiting lists break record as five-day walkout begins

Mail on Sunday:

"It’s a “welcome” snack for our new window cleaner – a glass of water and a dead-fly sandwich."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on southern Europe’s extreme heatwave – The European Space Agency says the next week could bring the hottest temperatures ever recorded in Europe"

Telegraph:

Watch: How Ulez could save Tories in the battle for Boris Johnson's former seat

Times:

Evening Standard:

Sunak ‘to cap number of students taking low-value degrees’

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
gently caress off Adams, you tedious prick

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Keir Starmer’s retention of the two-child benefit cap – Labour leader says that if his party attains power, it will stick with the Tory policy, which many have said drives low-income families into deeper poverty" After JL David.

Telegraph:

Ukraine’s sea drone attack on Crimea bridge signals shift in strategy

Matt:

UN warns heatwave to persist as Greece evacuates holiday homes amid wildfires

Times:

Evening Standard:

Amol Rajan says he will ‘try not to screw up’ role as new presenter on University Challenge

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Daniel Christie on Suella Braverman and her barge - Warnings issued over Tory migration bill as Bibby Stockholm arrives at Portland in Dorset"

Telegraph:

"Our pay offer to junior doctors is more than reasonable": John Glen, Chief Secretary to the Treasury; Barbie, review: Ryan Gosling steals the show in the most improbable triumph of the year

Matt:

Independent:

University Challenge review: Amol Rajan is a natural as he takes up the baton from Jeremy Paxman

Times:

Evening Standard:

Inflation falls further than expected in June; What happened to Tim Shaddock? Lost sailor rescued off the Mexican coast

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on migrant barges and boats - So many asylum seekers have lost their lives during treacherous sea voyages, now the UK will pack them on to barges"

Telegraph:

Coutts closed Nigel Farage's account because he didn't 'align with their values'

Matt:

Independent:

"Tony Blair gazes into a mirror and finds Keir Starmer seeking approval" - Comment

Times:

Tories fear ‘long Boris’ could cost them three seats :wiggle:

Evening Standard:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Suddenly they're all for government regulation of private banks.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Still lolling every time I see a headline about the insidious woke banks

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
bankers join consultant doctors on Blower's list of radical wokeists

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

mods are asleep, post long boris

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Oppenheimer and humanity’s power to destroy – As Christopher Nolan’s atomic bomb epic is released, the northern hemisphere continues to endure a blistering heatwave challenging climate records"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

UK by-election results: Everything you need to know in graphs

Times:

Nigel Farage: Coutts owner apologises for ‘inappropriate’ claims

Evening Standard:

Thumping defeats for Sunak’s Tories but he is spared by-election whitewash

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the Tories looking precarious after byelections – Rishi Sunak’s party faced huge swings to Labour in Selby and to the Lib Dems in Somerton, narrowly clinging on to Boris Johnson’s former seat of Uxbridge"

Telegraph:

Sadiq Khan insists Ulez expansion will go ahead after Labour Uxbridge defeat

Matt:

Independent:

After Gainsborough.

The i paper:

King Charles to receive huge pay rise from UK taxpayers

Times:

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the Tories looking precarious after byelections"

So, I know there aren't really standards for quality art in political cartoons, but what exactly is this? Having an art style that is sloppy and scratchy and kinda jank is one thing, but this looks something between a scribbled first-draft and some AI-generated garbage. I'd believe either, or somehow both. Look at whatever the hell that face is supposed to be, someone actually drew that and went "Sure, who cares, print it"?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

TheDarkFlame posted:

So, I know there aren't really standards for quality art in political cartoons, but what exactly is this? Having an art style that is sloppy and scratchy and kinda jank is one thing, but this looks something between a scribbled first-draft and some AI-generated garbage. I'd believe either, or somehow both. Look at whatever the hell that face is supposed to be, someone actually drew that and went "Sure, who cares, print it"?

It's a caricature? It's pretty in line with Baron's other work.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Great victories for Labour and the Lib Dems, but the Tories have little to celebrate – Boris Johnson’s former constituency stays blue, but with a tiny majority"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

‘Yes. I voted for Brexit. Why do you AAAAAAAAAAAAAASK?’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on fears about the Tories dumping green policies – Following Labour’s failure to win in Uxbridge being blamed on the Ulez tax, Rishi Sunak could take note and row back on environmental commitments"

Telegraph:

Keir Starmer says Labour must ‘face up’ to electoral damage of Ulez

Times:

Evening Standard:

Twitter unveils X to replace famous blue bird logo