Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Arrath posted:

Motherfuckers that still haven't figured out they should mute themselves when joining a zoom/teams/conference call.

I have some colleagues who join up together and usually grab one of the meeting rooms when it's time for a call so that they can avoid that background noise.
Of course, they're too lazy to use any of the big mute/unmute buttons in the room, so it's always a question of 'when is there going to start coming feedback that they won't notice or react to?'.

It's very tedious going into a meeting and then yet loving again getting an echo of your voice played back while you're trying to go through something because they can't be bothered to mute themselves when they're not talking.
I can understand it being annoying if there's a lot of back and forth, but usually when the feedback kicks in they're sitting there in complete silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Slammed doors. STOP IT. Were you born in a loving barn? Your slammed door is making everyone's room shake, rear end in a top hat!

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Hirayuki posted:

Slammed doors. STOP IT. Were you born in a loving barn? Your slammed door is making everyone's room shake, rear end in a top hat!

My wife never turns the door handle as she shuts the door just drags it shut, so literally every single time she ever closes a door it's like a little mini-slam. She is not sympathetic when I bring this up.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Perfect Element posted:

My wife never turns the door handle as she shuts the door just drags it shut, so literally every single time she ever closes a door it's like a little mini-slam. She is not sympathetic when I bring this up.

I sympathize :glomp: my gf is like that and is extremely resistant to change

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

A co-worker of mine does the same, but also the opposite.
He just loving walks into doors and presses the handle down as he's pushing into the door, so there's a slam of him leaning into the door and then whipping it open.
(Also he keeps fingerdrumming on his desk.)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

SubNat posted:

He just loving walks into doors and presses the handle down as he's pushing into the door, so there's a slam of him leaning into the door and then whipping it open.

This sounds like Frankenstein's monster opening a door or something

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

For all the anti-capitalist graffiti everywhere the PNW sure loves to nickel and dime you on everything

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

SubNat posted:

I would quit. Even if I didn't have anything else lined up. gently caress. That. And bless you for not having murdered this man.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

A driving thing I never saw until a couple of years ago but now mysteriously see all the time is fucks that pull up to a stop sign, stop, and then just sit there for several minutes and won't move for anything. At first I thought it was people reading maps or something, but I got a good look and they're just staring straight ahead going space cadet.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"I'm just enjoying this public STOP sign. If you don't want to stop, find a GO sign."

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Hirayuki posted:

This was my biggest peeve living in an apartment - was on the first floor with 3 other apartments & a small hallway that had a door dead center. The combo of that door & people coming/going from their places was loud as hell, especially since the door didn't have any mechanism to slow it down. That plus the stomping from the place above me & one of my first floor neighbors slamming the poo poo out of their cabinets every day was maddening.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

One that I hate is people who swing public restroom doors open with enough force you’d think they’re trying to get the jump on someone about to attack them behind it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Snowy posted:

I sympathize :glomp: my gf is like that and is extremely resistant to change

Same here. Our kitchen door sticks a bit. I know I should just fix it by shimming the frame and/or door hinges, but it's that THAT bad if you turn the handle when closing so there's less friction from the latch catching. But...she won't. She'll close it till it gets to the point where it sticks, then just loving YANK on that thing like she's trying to give it the ol' Trump-Pull-Them-Close-handshake thing.

It slams shut, shakes the wall, makes the dog start barking, etc...

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The Perfect Element posted:

Hi, I'm like your wife in door philosophy. Why do I have to go through the effort of turning the handle and make sure I close the door with feather gentleness like I'm trying to sneak out of my parents house at night? It's my home, I'm allowed to make my presence known

My turn: we don't have control of the bathroom fans in this apartment, they're stuck on for some kind of heat reclamation thing the building does, so my bf insists every door be closed at all times or it's "too loud". It's white noise! You tune it out after like 3 minutes!

Killingyouguy! has a new favorite as of 16:53 on Jul 14, 2023

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

DrBouvenstein posted:

I like a good roller coaster, but MAN, amusement parks can be a SLOG. So much waiting in line, in the hot loving sun, overpriced everything.

Best amusement park experience I had was Six Flags NJ, impromptu stop on the way back from a college road trip, because it was just slightly a bit of a drizzle, not even all tghe time, really more like a bit of misting every now and then...the park was loving empty. Five minute or less line for drat near every ride.

Oh man, best time in an amusement park ever was when a tiny thunderstorm closed all the rides, everyone left, and the entire arcade was switched to free. An hour of Time Crisis later later everything opened back up and the park was so empty I could ride the most popular coaster back to back without getting off.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Killingyouguy! posted:

Hi, I'm like your wife in door philosophy. Why do I have to go through the effort of turning the handle and make sure I close the door with feather gentleness like I'm trying to sneak out of my parents house at night? It's my home, I'm allowed to make my presence known

My turn: we don't have control of the bathroom fans in this apartment, they're stuck on for some kind of heat reclamation thing the building does, so my bf insists every door be closed at all times or it's "too loud". It's white noise! You tune it out after like 3 minutes!

Both things are annoying

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

bobjr posted:

One that I hate is people who swing public restroom doors open with enough force you’d think they’re trying to get the jump on someone about to attack them behind it.

Not a bathroom, but I got the worst bloody nose I’ve ever had from some rear end in a top hat who did this in elementary school.

The rear end in a top hat was a teacher, and he yakked all over the blood that was pooling on the ground.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

People saying "Good, now Comic Con can be about comics!"

No it can't you twitter dumbfucks. There are like five comic conventions in San Diego that are about comics, you just don't know about them because you don't actually give a poo poo, you just want to score points off "popular thing bad" posts. SDCC became about other poo poo like twenty years ago, and it will still be about most of them (exclusive toys foremost this time). Actual comic shops were priced out of booth space a long rear end time ago, and even if they had somehow predicted this AND dropped the prices this year, they'd still just fill up with t-shirt stores and poo poo. If you want a comic con about comics in SD this year, go to SD Comic Fest. If you want to be a wag about SDCC, maybe suggest it needs a name change.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I am begging anyone in a public venue to stop standing in crowd bottlenecks. Keep moving. Keeeeeeep moving. You can take 2 steps to the side and gawk at the bar menu from there.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
i'm appending my previous "annoyed at bus people" post to specifically be people who ask about tattoos, also applies to gym people

I've got pretty much full sleeves, the right is all Tolkien bullshit, the left is spiraling bible verses and names of loved ones departed in a mix of latin, hebrew, and church slavonic. It all means the world to me and nothing to anyone but a tiny handful of other people.

and the bus and the gym are like the two places in my life where it's the me time, no I do not need a spot, go away

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

and the bus and the gym are like the two places in my life where it's the me time, no I do not need a spot, go away

Edgar's last words: "WATCH!"

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
EAH folks on these forums sure spend a lot of money on your redtext

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
The following phrase.

"I think (lovely band) was better when (some no talent hack) was the (position in the band)."

I swear this is true. Someone told me they liked Van Halen best when David Lee Roth was the singer, but only up until he left the first time. Sammy Hagar was better than David Lee Roth when he came back for the late 90's reunion. Did they even do any original music in the late 90's.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

i'm appending my previous "annoyed at bus people" post to specifically be people who ask about tattoos, also applies to gym people

This just reminded me of my favorite tattoo-related peeves, people who think it’s okay to immediately grab my arm without asking to get a better look at my tattoos. No thanks, person i just met!!!!!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

The following phrase.

"I think (lovely band) was better when (some no talent hack) was the (position in the band)."

I swear this is true. Someone told me they liked Van Halen best when David Lee Roth was the singer, but only up until he left the first time. Sammy Hagar was better than David Lee Roth when he came back for the late 90's reunion. Did they even do any original music in the late 90's.

They did that album with Gary Cherone that's one of the most panned albums in rock history. Also pretty sure Roth era being better is the most common opinion.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Modern banking is such a poo poo show.

I have a HELOC from a credit union that's a different bank then my primary checking account...several times now I've tried to get external transfers from my main checking bank to the CU set up, and they keep failing/getting rejected. I don't know why, but they keep getting flagged for something, even after multiple calls to both banks and being assured that next time it will work. It doesn't.

I've tried an auto transfer initiated from the checking account side to the CU...failed.
Tried seeing it up from the CU side...failed.
Even tried using the the "bill pay" feature in my checking account rather than an official bank transfer to send the CU a check to pay the HELOC...fail.

The only consistent way to get money to my CU to pay off my HELOC is to, I poo poo you not...write myself a physical check and mobile deposit it.

I'm wondering now if I could try and use Venmo as an in-between?

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Jul 18, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

People who can't move their mouth right when lip-syncing. Just say/sing what the dub is saying, when it's saying it, or the effect is ruined and your video sucks don't share it

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

Modern banking is such a poo poo show.

I have a HELOC from a credit union that's a different bank then my primary checking account...several times now I've tried to get external transfers from my main checking bank to the CU set up, and they keep failing/getting rejected. I don't know why, but they keep getting flagged for something, even after multiple calls to both banks and being assured that next time it will work. It doesn't.

I've tried an auto transfer initiated from the checking account side to the CU...failed.
Tried seeing it up from the CU side...failed.
Even tried using the the "bill pay" feature in my checking account rather than an official bank transfer to send the CU a check to pay the HELOC...fail.

The only consistent way to get money to my CU to pay off my HELOC is to, I poo poo you not...write myself a physical check and mobile deposit it.

I'm wondering now if I could try and use Venmo as an in-between?

Do your bank and credit union support Zelle transfers? I've found that to be mostly painless for transferring money to my roommate's bank account (and her to mine), and wouldn't murder you with fees like Venmo probably would.

Our banking infrastructure is such a loving joke. This sort of thing should be routine and part of the banking system rather than being farmed out to third-party companies, and there's no technical reason why it isn't, just $$$

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tiggum posted:

People on Magic: the Gathering Arena who take forever to do nothing.
I swear some people are doing this as a deliberate tactic. I get bored and distracted and make mistakes and lose games I should have won because my opponent takes a full 30 seconds to decide which land to play on turn one.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

docbeard posted:

Do your bank and credit union support Zelle transfers? I've found that to be mostly painless for transferring money to my roommate's bank account (and her to mine), and wouldn't murder you with fees like Venmo probably would.

There is a Zelle option in the Transfers section on the online portal. Tried to sign up, put in my email and then it told me I have no eligible accounts:

Edit: Tried to sign up again thinking maybe if I used my phone # instead of email it would work, and now it's even worse:

I know a LOT of banking systems have VOIP, and I guess Google Voice often "counts" as a VOIP number...but my other number is a Google Fi account, so is that ALSO now getting seen as a VOIP number?

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 14:56 on Jul 19, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I hate when someone posts something super original and funny, but then like days later I discover it's not at all original, and is in fact a very old thing, and is part of a 4chan series of memes, and is in fact not funny

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

credburn posted:

I hate when someone posts something super original and funny, but then like days later I discover it's not at all original, and is in fact a very old thing, and is part of a 4chan series of memes, and is in fact not funny

That happens to me all the time. I'll hear someone make a really funny and original joke and then like 2 weeks later I'll start seeing everyone make the joke and I'm like drat they werent funny and original they just got on the ground floor of the next meme.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

credburn posted:

I think you've described about 80% of the internet here

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I have two days to change my work password so I will change it WHEN I AM GOOD AND READY, WORK COMPUTER

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Things my daughter has asked for today:

1.) For me to make a curry and rice soup.
2.) Simon and Garfunkel - 59th Street Bridge Song on loop
3.) Write a book. Just, write one. Now! [Then she wrote a whole book, to show me how easy it was.]

Edit: This was meant to go in parenting, not pet peeves. I love these things.

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 01:05 on Jul 20, 2023

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

loving HATE IT when my daughter asks me to write a book

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'm weird, i was raised to close the toilet lid as it was the compromise between my parents, where the debate was seat up or down: close the lid so no one is happy.

Anyway, gf won't ever close the lid. Today she dropped her hair brush into the toilet so I feel vindicated. But I expect she'll continue to leave it up, thus my peeve.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

:sever:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

leaving the toilet lid down is objectively correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Is there any other lid in the world not meant to be closed when you're done? Why do people get dumb about toilets

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Jul 20, 2023