Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

steinrokkan posted:

It's pretty funny that all of the Russian hyper manly traditional values Christian army could be destroyed in an instant by one US zoomer catgirl pressing a button.

Heh war is kewl.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

tiaz posted:

They wouldn't make it to Alaska, have you seen their navy?

I can’t, the submersible they were going to use to find their navy imploded last month.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Beard Dandruff posted:

Heh war is kewl.

Well no. But it is a little bit reassuring that "being better at macho posturing" has absolutely no correlation with being an effective army, as Russia has been demonstrating. Maybe that's new, maybe it was always true. But it's more visible than ever.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Beard Dandruff posted:

Heh war is kewl.

War is, in fact, bad.

Seeing genocidal imperialists get their dicks stomped is actually fun and cool though.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't think it'll be armed until it goes BWFOOP so it's fine.

Then again I guess it's a Russian grenade-thrower so :shrug:

Where's the BWFOOP? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering BWFOOP!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

TulliusCicero posted:

It's this^

The Russian regime doesn't support the GOP because they are mastermind trolls or something: they genuinely believe the same insane Nazi poo poo that white masculinity is dying and they must save the world from ???

They are true believer nutcases themselves

But what REALLY gets me is the Russia is Russian Orthodox. How in the world can these nutter Protestants possibly side with that church when they think Catholicism is a form of paganism?

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

here.
How long until the catgirls get absorbed into the regular AFU? I hope it goes faster than it did with azov.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Samovar posted:

But what REALLY gets me is the Russia is Russian Orthodox. How in the world can these nutter Protestants possibly side with that church when they think Catholicism is a form of paganism?

Orthodox church does not have a centralized government like Catholics do and if it had, it would be in Constantinople so it isn't happening in the near future either. The current Russian orthodox church is as much a mob-ran money laundering scheme and a propaganda machine than the rest of the country, and the current head of church is a Putin's drinking buddy from FSB.

In several East Europe countries there are simultaneously catholic, protestant and orthodox churches that have no problem co-existing between each other.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beard Dandruff posted:

Heh war is kewl.

Yeah war owns

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

I honestly expect to see anti-drone lasers in a couple of decades. They're fragile enough that the power you can put out is adequate, and it makes it easy to hit.

DE-MSHORAD was declared operational and the army stood up its first laser air defense platoon last year.

https://taskandpurpose.com/tech-tactics/army-de-m-shorad-platoon-fielding/

We're well past that point already.

Edit: also, speaking to the F16s, the ability to field the best NATO toys without special modifications is a major logistics boon to making those toys more available.

It also means they're integrated into the jet and can use their full feature set.

HARMs and JDAMs have significantly more advanced functionality than what you can get just jury-rigging pre-programmed ordinance onto the side of a Mig29.

Edit2: The army actually fielded the little anti-drone version of the laser in limited numbers more than 5 years ago:

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2018/03/21/us-army-successfully-demos-laser-weapon-on-stryker-in-europe/

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 14, 2023

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

grumplestiltzkin posted:

War is, in fact, bad.

Why did nobody tell us this before?

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

here.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

War is, in fact, bad.

Seeing genocidal imperialists get their dicks stomped is actually fun and cool though.

Thats an odd way to describe stringing along Ukraine so that they continue to send waves of conscripts into an artillery fueled meat grinder?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Beard Dandruff posted:

Thats an odd way to describe stringing along Ukraine so that they continue to send waves of conscripts into an artillery fueled meat grinder?

Oh, Ukraine wants to surrender?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Beard Dandruff posted:

Can I offer you a crayon perchance?

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Beard Dandruff posted:

Ukraine and Ukrainians, being non-Americans, naturally have no agency, goals, or desires of their own and only react to the actions of America.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Beard Dandruff posted:

This is a Wendys.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Ukraine and Ukrainians, being non-Americans, naturally have no agency, goals, or desires of their own and only react to the actions of America.

All Praise to The Empire!

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Just got to roll over for russia, Ukraine doesn't have their own agency.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
What is with all the tankies showing up?

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Copium tolerance is way up with tank kissers.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

bunnyofdoom posted:

this thread is emitting an unceasing stream of perfidy provocations, did you think that would go un-noticed?

it's like leaving a pancake with syrup on it near an ant hive.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I don't get why people fighting for their freedom is such a foreign concept to so many. Not just the Tankies either. Putin worked under the assumption that Ukraine would gladly accept a kleptocratic authoritarian regime where they can take away your anime at any time.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

What's the worst thing that could happen under Russian occupation, anyway?

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

bunnyofdoom posted:

Training exercises. Special posting operation. Frontpage in 3 days. The perfidious mods have betrayed us.

beer_war posted:

What's the worst thing that could happen under Russian occupation, anyway?
Organization into workers collectives to free ourselves from the rule of the aristocracy, I'm currently working my way through 1922 please spoiler anything in the 20th century that I haven't gotten to yet

RDM fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 14, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Beard Dandruff posted:

Heh war is kewl.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

bunnyofdoom posted:

They are dumb and insecure as hell OP

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Beard Dandruff posted:

Spare us the projection.

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL

Beard Dandruff posted:

Surely if Russia was a global power they would be able to prevent the USA from pulling the strings and orchestrating every event that has ever happened?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Well at least D&D gets a day off from it

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Lammasu posted:

I don't get why people fighting for their freedom is such a foreign concept to so many. Not just the Tankies either. Putin worked under the assumption that Ukraine would gladly accept a kleptocratic authoritarian regime where they can take away your anime at any time.

Ah but you see Amerikkka bad :d2a: and anything Amerikkka supports is also bad, and letting them win would be double plus ungood for the concept of the multipolar world :dumb:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Ukraine wants to continue war waaay more than any allies lol (to the point of angrily reacting to any whiff of concession talks) but people are hopelessly stuck in the proxy narrative

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

fatherboxx posted:

Ukraine wants to continue war waaay more than any allies lol (to the point of angrily reacting to any whiff of concession talks) but people are hopelessly stuck in the proxy narrative

I suspect the other EE countries are almost as invested in a Ukrainian victory, but obviously nobody moreso than Ukraine

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Lammasu posted:

Putin worked under the assumption that Ukraine would gladly accept a kleptocratic authoritarian regime

quote:

where they can take away your anime at any time.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Rust Martialis posted:

I suspect the other EE countries are almost as invested in a Ukrainian victory, but obviously nobody moreso than Ukraine

The Latvians are true illuminati pulling the strings for the great reset

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

War is rad when the enemy is a literal fascist hypercapotalost hellscape

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

fatherboxx posted:

This^

Ukraine has shown universal desire to continue the war regardless of anything the West says or does.

This idea that a nation state's people displaying agency by fighting for their political and cultural independence is an unwanted proxy war is loving stupid and once again, EXTREMELY American-centric world view.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Dying for Zelensky's wheat profits

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
you have to understand that deep down only the globalist cabal of westerners actually has agency.

Russia is blameless, they too have no agency and are akin to a force of nature. Hunter Biden's laptop brainwashed the hapless Ukrainians into a false desire for independence and so the 2014 Maidan happened. Russia acted dispassionately to counter this threat to its multipolar ~~~s p h e r e~~~ of influence, with no more choice in the matter than a sudden pressure differential causing fluids or gasses to shift in a system of connected chambers.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

When the war broke out Ukrainian civilians reacted by queuing up to receive dusty old AKs and making molotov cocktail production a fun pastime for the whole family. But you see, these are not people that want to fight back, how dare America keep forcing them to do so?

If the west hadn't provided weapons to Ukraine, this war would still be going, Ukraine would just be in a worse position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

bunnyofdoom posted:

gently caress at this point, I expect Russia to compound bad decisions by saying they need to take the fight to NATO, invade Alaska, make it down to the Yukon and have just like, a dozen pissed off drunk Canadian hunters kill them all.

They wouldn't even make it across the Bering Strait before their transport ships ran out of fuel because they spent 8 weeks rolling around in the artic rattling sabres on a "training exercise" and nobody remembered to send out a tanker or two.