Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ok but Dolly for president who says no

That I could get behind.

Ironically for being such a bastion of milquetoast liberalism that is The West Wing, Martin Sheen has pretty good politics and isn’t a sex pest or anything iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Freaquency posted:

People who see a celebrity do one halfway decent thing and immediately start going “dae PRESIDENT!!!???” are some of the strangest creatures on earth

Thinking about all of the goons who pledged their loyalty to that one anti-Trump lawyer, who's now in jail for defrauding Nike or something :basta:

This was mostly in C-SPAM so it maybe doesn't count :v:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I know we're trying to get away from :corsair: Presidents but Morgan Freeman would be a cool President.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNi3Qrcw1dE

First step as POTUS tho: removing Black History Month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeixtYS-P3s

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Pontius Pilate posted:

That I could get behind.

Ironically for being such a bastion of milquetoast liberalism that is The West Wing, Martin Sheen has pretty good politics and isn’t a sex pest or anything iirc

That was my thought, plus Sheen really does have a great presence with speeches and is genuinely good with people.

Real answer is Terry Crews. Only President I trust in media.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I know we're trying to get away from :corsair: Presidents but Morgan Freeman would be a cool President.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNi3Qrcw1dE

First step as POTUS tho: removing Black History Month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeixtYS-P3s

he was outed as a sex creep a few years back

multiple accusations from different women

although that's practically a perquisite to be pres these days

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Pontius Pilate posted:

That I could get behind.

He tried to sell out Yoomanity to the Reapers. No thanks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
President Bill Pullman, please and thank you

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Danny DeVito, he plays a bunch of Trump-esque roles while being lefty as hell.

I want a president that'll actually get health care for all the whores out there

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Pontius Pilate posted:

That I could get behind.

Eagerly awaiting the right demanding an investigation into Charlie’s laptop

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Jack Nicholson as long as there isn’t any alien invasions

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

I want a president that'll actually get health care for all the whores out there

https://youtu.be/zBe9i6mzMYo?t=1m27s

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

a sexual elk posted:

Jack Nicholson as long as there isn’t any alien invasions

Martin Short was the real problem there imo.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

This is my president

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnd0qg4I_MM

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

The Devil??

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
RIP

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1679811084897615874?s=20

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
If they just sorted things chronologically like Twitter they would be the replacement, despite privacy concerns. Half the appeal of twitter is following things live like sports or breaking news, and they seem to not get that...

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

President Parton
Pre-President Parton

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
People have written smarter words about this than me, but there's so little trust in our current institutions that many people will run into the arms of the first notable public figure who does something kind of cool once. Not a great position to be in!

swickles posted:

If they just sorted things chronologically like Twitter they would be the replacement, despite privacy concerns. Half the appeal of twitter is following things live like sports or breaking news, and they seem to not get that...

Me personally, I don't want to shitpost under my legal name. I don't need my mother-in-law and multiple former high school crushes to see me post jokes that I've stolen from Twitter and SA.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

swickles posted:

And actually populated the timeline with people you follow instead of whoever the algorithm thinks you want to see would have been nice.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I don’t think it’s all that weird that the people who rushed over there to get their dunks in on Twitter stopped posting once the joke wasn’t as funny. Considering Musk’s answer was to go and pay loving Cobra Tate $10000 to post I kinda don’t think people are just going to slink back to Twitter either. Threads still has the opportunity to regrow that activity organically while Twitter’s only chance is if Musk is on the next Starship test launch.

Ideally both would die on the vine, though.

E:

Pops Mgee posted:

And actually populated the timeline with people you follow instead of whoever the algorithm thinks you want to see would have been nice.

This makes me feel like I’m leaving in an alternate universe than everyone else because the algorithm was trivially easy to manipulate to what I want. The only people I see in my feed that I don’t follow are accounts that people I do follow were responding to. Making that happen took like 5 minutes. Are people really signing up for Threads and then just getting rawdogged by whatever Meta throws at them?

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 14, 2023

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

Ideally both would die on the vine, though.

Vine died a few years ago

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pops Mgee posted:

Yeah, that made it a complete non-starter for me.

I want to read about sports, good lefty dunks and infighting and see videos of cops being set on fire and pictures of cute animals.

I have near zero desire to see any celebrity post about anything

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Vine died a few years ago

:rimshot:

Kalli posted:

Yeah, that made it a complete non-starter for me.

I want to read about sports, good lefty dunks and infighting and see videos of cops being set on fire and pictures of cute animals.

I have near zero desire to see any celebrity post about anything

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills because I haven’t seen a celebrity in my feed since the first hour of the first day I had an account

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Freaquency posted:

:rimshot:

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills because I haven’t seen a celebrity in my feed since the first hour of the first day I had an account

I didn't setup an account or anything, I just heard everyone else complain about it as well as knew about the insane privacy nightmare it is.

Also you have to use their app, so just plenty of reasons for me to go, nah and wait for bluesky.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Meta has explicitly said they don't want threads to be a breaking news platform.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I made a bunch of veggie stock last night for the first time in a long time and it turned out good. I just made more of it than I expected. Now it's black bean soup for dinner tomorrow and I'll use it for some kind of shrimp or rice thing.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I made a bunch of veggie stock last night for the first time in a long time and it turned out good. I just made more of it than I expected. Now it's black bean soup for dinner tomorrow and I'll use it for some kind of shrimp or rice thing.

Summer means I got a lot of veggie scraps from the fresh produce I get at the farmers market, which in turn becomes stock. Soup in the summer seems weird but it's soooooooo good.

I think i'll defrost some chicken thighs and maybe meal prep it via sous vide for next week on Sunday. Time to look up sous vide mole recipes.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm so excited for tomorrow. KBBQ followed by IN PERSON DND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Summer means I got a lot of veggie scraps from the fresh produce I get at the farmers market, which in turn becomes stock. Soup in the summer seems weird but it's soooooooo good.

I think i'll defrost some chicken thighs and maybe meal prep it via sous vide for next week on Sunday. Time to look up sous vide mole recipes.

I'm a soup in all weathers kind of lady and black bean soup is also pretty decent cold. I can make gazpacho but my girlfriend hates tomatoes and I don't like it enough to eat it all myself. I'll probably make risotto and shrimp on Monday since it's my other work from home day.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Lemme know how it goes, sous vide and mole both count as significant interests to me

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

WOW I am excited for today to end!

Just saw a dick pic during a work meeting. He "forgot" how take a photo from inside our app so he swapped to his phone's photo app and there it was in all its grey-haired glory: an erect penis.

:ohdear:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I told him in advance that I was recording this meeting too :laffo:

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Just saw a dick pic during a work meeting. He "forgot" how take a photo from inside our app so he swapped to his phone's photo app and there it was in all its grey-haired glory: an erect penis.

Man, what’s it like to work with Brett Favre?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Amazing. No notes, just laughter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Russian Guyovitch posted:

Man, what’s it like to work with Brett Favre?

He said gray hair, not gray skin

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Oh... my god lmao

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

kiimo posted:

He said gray hair, not gray skin

I thought Farve was just dick pics, and it was Roethlisberger that was old grey dick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Russian Guyovitch posted:

I thought Farve was just dick pics, and it was Roethlisberger that was old grey dick.

oh lol you're totally right

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Lmao

Some people might know kelly starett. He was a big mobility and stretching guy when CrossFit got really big and released a book called “supple leopard.”

I went to his certification in like 2012. At one point he was showing videos from his phone and kept “accidentally” showing naked pictures of his wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Congrats on your hush money and/or impending settlement