Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Gil Ozeri is on this week’s Improv 4 Humans, for anyone who wants to hear him without any prepared bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

He’s also on 108.9 The Hawk this week, which I’m not even sure anyone’s really heard of (I only learned about it when Gabrus talked classic rock radio with the hosts on High & Mighty)

I haven’t listened yet because it’s been a poo poo week but I’ll get to it this weekend

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's downright strange hearing Edi Patterson talking regularly in interviews. She has just enough bean dip inflection in Judy that you keep anticipating it but it never happens. Gemstones is a hoot, and she's great in it, ya'll should be watching it.

Tim Baltz was also in a one season show called Shrink that's worth a watch. Nice little limited series.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Edi is also a lot of fun in 10 year old tom, streaming on Max. There are a bunch of CBB regulars on it like Paul Rust and Gillian Jacobs.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Edi is also a lot of fun in 10 year old tom, streaming on Max. There are a bunch of CBB regulars on it like Paul Rust and Gillian Jacobs.

Ten Year Old Tom is great.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
RIP to the Doughboys, makes sense it was a murder/suicide though.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Killer lineup today

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Lisa Gilroy has me laughing immediately every time she’s on. She’s so rapid-fire and committed, like Middleditch without the, you know

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The bootstraps conversation was interminable. Scott at his most obstinate and PFT unable to properly articulate "You can't pull yourself UP by something that's on your FEET."

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

this is the funniest episode in a long time, Lisa Gilroy is amazing

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Lisa Gilroy is so good at making gibberish absolutely hilarious. I had to rewind and listen to "you have to have a portfolio to lick butthole-io" a few times.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm choosing to believe Gilroy had no plan B for if the A-block guess was a woman.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm choosing to believe Gilroy had no plan B for if the A-block guess was a woman.

she wouldn't have had to change anything

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

How many of those rhymes do you think she wrote down in advance? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was all of them or if it was none of them.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
She seems to me to be coming up with stuff like that on the spot, but it's hard to tell.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

This latest Hey Randy is an all timer

tears streaming down my face at baby frank sinatra

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Twisted Fest is going to be crazy this year...

(Scott with a pretty casual reveal that Hey Randy is now twice monthly at the end of CBB this week)

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Most natural ways to die:

1) Cessation of oxygen to the brain
2) Stab

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
A real fun breezy episode today. I'm shocked at Tim's singing and a perfectly timed cdeeznutz.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Randy being able to sing well in French is a great bit

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Consummate Professional posted:

Randy being able to sing well in French is a great bit

He did hit his head in high school and immediately learned French, some of it must have stuck.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I like Joey Salsa. A Leo Karpatze for the Humanity's Podcast era.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Laughed harder than I have at a lot of episodes with "Shapoopie, shapoopie, the girl is not a whore". God drat the timing and enthusiasm were just perfect.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Haven't listened to CBB in like 3 years but they caught the LISK in Massapequa Park and it reminded me of Gino

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I sadly had a similar first thought

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Laughed harder than I have at a lot of episodes with "Shapoopie, shapoopie, the girl is not a whore". God drat the timing and enthusiasm were just perfect.

Vera was a fun A-block guest, Tim as Randy is quick as gently caress, and that poo poo right there

C+ grepisode, for sure

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Has Gino talked about this serial killer, or did these murders happen somewhere on the train line to long island.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Saw a guy kiss his truck while at the gas station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twx98M4EiYo

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Has Gino talked about this serial killer, or did these murders happen somewhere on the train line to long island.

The latter, when I heard the news I also thought "Hey, that's four stops before Babylon."

Also, in one of the stories I read a neighbor that was interviewed explicitly said "That guy's house is a dump" and it reminded me of Gino/Gabrus talking about constantly hearing from his mom about how so-and-so just bought a "really nice" house with an inflated bedroom count.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

root beer posted:

Vera was a fun A-block guest, Tim as Randy is quick as gently caress, and that poo poo right there

C+ grepisode, for sure

I like how in the latest Hey Randy, Stu brings up Randy’s job working in data for a startup and on the latest CBB Scott is still talking about when he used to put ice cubes in urinals for work.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I feel like Diston is putting less and less effort into the Sprague voice on SHS and honestly I kind of love it. It's always been the vaguest veneer of a character but for some reason the half-assed commitment to the bit is what makes the bit work for me.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

it's kind of odd that that podcast has a character on it at all imo so yeah i agree that him just sort of only being sprague on paper but really just being shaun is a funny compromise

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

It's pretty much solely because he was in character when he pitched the TMNT podcast on CBB. So now he's Sprague forever when he reviews movies.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I rewatched the warriors for SHS, and drat that movie rules. Absolutely holds up and Shaun was correct in saying it's more than the sum of its parts.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Had SHS playing in the car and had to explain to my girlfriend over the course of 5 minutes about why one one of the hosts was putting on a low effort British accent for the whole thing.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chairman Capone posted:

I like Joey Salsa. A Leo Karpatze for the Humanity's Podcast era.

I love how "I wanna gently caress I wanna suck I wanna gently caress him" came back again. A song too good to confine to just his Hamilton musical.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Diaphragmber

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Gonna love this strike content if we get Scott Aukerman just veering even more aggressively into being offputting to his guest.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I like grumpy Scott, so I'm definitely going to enjoy his descent into madness if the strike doesn't end soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well, at least now I know that CBB Live is never coming to my town :/