Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Konar posted:

if you can only see posts in the order they were posted in, you're good

if there is some kind of sorting of posts based on user engagement then it's bad

if you can see my posts, it's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

yook posted:

it just means you prefer the reader’s digest version curated by a collective of goons instead of the raw algorithmic version.

Yeah SA is good

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I don’t have the wherewithal to explore the internet as much and I don’t want to have to constantly wonder if posters are bots/nazis. The SA community is the only place I spend online time because there is a community working to maintain itself.

It’s bizarre and cool to me that I have a sense of ownership, investment into SA and I think social media (in addition to other poo poo) tries to create that feeling of connection but pursuing infinite growth fucks that up so the biz ruins it.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Catturd still mad after sleeping on it. That's what you get for being even slightly critical of the boss

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

I wonder if Mr Beast looks at that figure like we do when we walk past a 5p coin on the ground.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Something Awful's whole slogan is "the internet makes you stupid." Hypocritically criticizing the rest of the internet is practically our raison d'etre!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Steadiman posted:

Catturd still mad after sleeping on it. That's what you get for being even slightly critical of the boss

I hope this means they sent him a check for $0.00

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

MunchE posted:

But the only reason this comes up in this thread is for everyone to distract from the lovely stuff Musk is doing and say we should worry about something else instead. Should Meta be accountable to bad poo poo? Absolutely. Does that excuse Musk being a loving Nazi deliberately pushing hate speech? gently caress no. But a lot of posters here are real interested in shouting down any talk about Musk turning Twitter into a hate site with poo poo about how Meta is worse, actually

Are people actually doing this, though? I’ve been reading this thread from the beginning and what I’ve seen is people saying “wow, musk is a nazi, I think I’m going to jump ship and go over to threads, that’ll make his head explode!” and then people saying “you’re just going to be giving traffic to someone who is just as bad as (or worse than) Musk/maybe you should think about whether you are addicted to social media” and then a bunch of people misinterpreting that statement in an attempt to say that they aren’t addicted to social media and actually have you thought about how important social media is to “creators” (ie. erotic fan art artists) and that you must be an old man yelling at a cloud or are also addicted to social media, etc.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Profanity posted:

I wonder if Mr Beast looks at that figure like we do when we walk past a 5p coin on the ground.

MrBeast apparently makes anywhere from 3-5mil a month.

25k is such a loving small pittance. It's so laughable. I hope he pays elon exactly 0 mind.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Slotducks posted:

MrBeast apparently makes anywhere from 3-5mil a month.

25k is such a loving small pittance. It's so laughable. I hope he pays elon exactly 0 mind.

What

How the gently caress does he make so much money

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

What

well you see the world sucks a big fat one

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Profanity posted:

Lol

https://twitter.com/MrBeast/status/1679797201449435136

I didn't even know he had a twitter presence, I don't remember him ever popping up in discussions on there outside of people making fun of his youtubes.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Profanity posted:

I'd be pretty excited to find a 5p coin on the ground though.

Like "Whoa, neat moon money!" And show it off, pretending I travel to distant lands.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Steadiman posted:

"I can't believe the leopard ate MY face!"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

DaveWoo posted:

What

I knew nothing about him until last week, but just looking at a couple of his videos they look like they cost a gently caress of a lot to make. So I guess they're lucrative as hell, I can see them being exactly the flavor of pacing and delivery of endorphins to make them as viral as possible

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Remember that House episode where the Australian doctor killed (or let him die or something) that war criminal during surgery? That was cool

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

So the dipshit boosting all those shitheads talking about how liberals think working out is right wing doesn't work out. Also that surgery isn't a thing

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

B-Rock452 posted:

So the dipshit boosting all those shitheads talking about how liberals think working out is right wing doesn't work out. Also that surgery isn't a thing

Not only that but he's forced his kids into martial arts, assuredly so that he can brag about it in exactly these situations.

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

DaveWoo posted:

What

Same way anyone does in late-stage capitalism: because his videos make someone else even more money.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
has anyone actually shown proof of pay out for their twitter content

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So his spine is also bad? He really is aiming for the Lowtax Speedrun.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

What a lying bitch; I had a C5-C6 fusion years ago and that’s probably the strongest and healthiest part of my anatomy.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

There Bias Two posted:

So his spine is also bad? He really is aiming for the Lowtax Speedrun.

I’d work it over immediately and remind him not to publicly announce his weaknesses while he’s lying there semi-paralyzed

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Leon is the world’s biggest bullshitter who also has a massive platform so he can constantly be called on his bullshit, and yet he just powers through.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

“Sorry guys, my doctors say it’s not safe for me to fight”

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Is the injury from when he got thrown down the stairs or from trying to suck his own dick?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

kazil posted:

device user seconds usage

Wow, this white noise is way better with the volume turned up! Just listen to that content!!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Myron Baloney posted:

Is the injury from when he got thrown down the stairs or from trying to suck his own dick?

He fell from the guard tower at the emerald mine.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
musk doesnt suck his own dick.

because its a broken micro dick and even with the diet drugs, musk is still wide as gently caress.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Myron Baloney posted:

Supposedly from a sumo match

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Myron Baloney posted:

He tried to throw or allegedly lifted and threw a sumo wrestler in an exhibition match.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
He… lifted and threw a sumo wrestler?? Is that actually what he’s claiming?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Steadiman posted:

Catturd being severed from his inheritance by daddy after he said something critical is the best thing to come from the Nazi Lottery bonanza.

What's that, you balding old fascist? You don't like it when you're singled out for seemingly no reason? Hmm! HMMM! God, I wonder what other demographics have to face that treatment?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I think it would be waaay better if MrBeast donated all those TwitterBux to an LGBTQ group instead of some rando with a bunch of likes

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

holtemon posted:

I think it would be waaay better if MrBeast donated all those TwitterBux to an LGBTQ group instead of some rando with a bunch of likes

Do you want him to sent them a mocking check for $0?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
MrBeast isn't into bankrolling causes though, giving money to charity isn't showy and won't generate real currency: Enough internet Clout to convert it into more money

It's been said a million times but he's more of a Capitalism Fairy than anything else, waving his magic wand for those lucky few who he deems deserving of his pity at the time (as long as he can produce a cool video out of it)

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Brother Tadger posted:

Are people actually doing this, though? I’ve been reading this thread from the beginning and what I’ve seen is people saying “wow, musk is a nazi, I think I’m going to jump ship and go over to threads, that’ll make his head explode!” and then people saying “you’re just going to be giving traffic to someone who is just as bad as (or worse than) Musk/maybe you should think about whether you are addicted to social media” and then a bunch of people misinterpreting that statement in an attempt to say that they aren’t addicted to social media and actually have you thought about how important social media is to “creators” (ie. erotic fan art artists) and that you must be an old man yelling at a cloud or are also addicted to social media, etc.

I hate to break this to you, but literally every single artist of any stripe or caliber pretty much has to maintain a social media presence and being successful without it at this point requires either incredible connections or lottery-level luck

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Tarkus posted:

I was thinking the same thing, that it's an average of the overall time users are spending on the site rather than the sum of time spent. As people leave it would only leave the more dedicated users improving that stat.

I'd also imagine a lot of it is driven by blue check chuds constantly checking to see if they got 'their' payout notification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

cant cook creole bream posted:

Do you want him to sent them a mocking check for $0?

Hey now I'm sure that payment is already chillin in his Stripe-connected account

Elon Musk is a man of his word after all and well-known for paying his debts lol

holtemon fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 14, 2023