Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

No trouble reaching either site from the extreme northeast USA, they both pop right up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I'm able to get to it without issues. This is the commercial license store listing: https://shop.thehueforge.com/products/hueforge-professional-commercial-lifetime-license

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
yeah changed computers and its fine. Bought the lifetime commercial license and im looking forward to getting a ton more of the filament i already love. They are oos on a lot of colors atm though

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Roundboy posted:

With the speed of the bambu, has anyone bothered with a . 6 nozzle or will I see largely reduced print times already?

My brother recently got a 2nd P1P and put a .6 nozzle in it. Comparing a print done on the .4 P1P vs the .6 it saved him almost 2 hours of print time with little to no loss of detail using the built in .4 and .6 profiles.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I got my Mercury plus wash and cure up and running and man you guys were right this makes things way easier.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

How much time does it take for the AMS to swap colors? Wondering if it's worth playing around with for coloring some of my terrain prints, like rock colors or wooden beams on dungeon tiles and stuff

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

mattfl posted:

My brother recently got a 2nd P1P and put a .6 nozzle in it. Comparing a print done on the .4 P1P vs the .6 it saved him almost 2 hours of print time with little to no loss of detail using the built in .4 and .6 profiles.

I feel like i am going to end up with a .6 hardened nozzle if only for wood, glow in the dark, etc stuff.

But today is not that day.

I have my list of things to print first thing, and i am anxiously awaiting this thing to arrive . I am trying to catch up on all the controversy around the slicer and network and whatever. not even sure what the latest is until i see for myself

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

queeb posted:

How much time does it take for the AMS to swap colors? Wondering if it's worth playing around with for coloring some of my terrain prints, like rock colors or wooden beams on dungeon tiles and stuff

I think total time is around 30-45 seconds.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

mattfl posted:

I think total time is around 30-45 seconds.

And it has to do this for every layer with more than one color, right?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

In regards to FDM printing should I be printing supports at 100% fill? I am trying tree supports and they are getting knocked over and causing a mess.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

WhiteHowler posted:

And it has to do this for every layer with more than one color, right?

Yep. It does a good job optimizing as much printing of the color as it can (ex: it finishes a layer on color 2, it prints the color 2 part of the next layer before switching back to color 1), but it's a not insignificant amount of time.

You'd have to balance the time and quality of switching filaments (and whether you have the right color(s)) with painting after the fact.

The nice thing about the BambuLab AMS I've found so far is that it doesn't miss. Every multi-color print I've done once layer 1 is successful has gone off without a hitch.

It's the most set it and forget it printer out there right now.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

that P1s lookin real tempting.. Maybe it'll be a wintertime purchase.

edit: Ohhh 699 is WITHOUT ams.. sooo back to 1k with ams.. I'll hold

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 14, 2023

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

How noisy are the Bamboo printers?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

ImplicitAssembler posted:

How noisy are the Bamboo printers?

My P1P (no enclosure, no AMS) is pretty noisy at full speed. The motors make a fair amount of noise when moving the print head or the bed, and the fans are extremely loud; I can hear them from the next room.

Because of the high print speed it also tends to throw a lot of force around, which can cause vibrations or other noises from the table or platform it's sitting on. It can also cause the filament cutter/nozzle cleaner thingie to clank a bit.

I can post a photo later, but my P1P is sitting on a concrete paving stone on top of a thick layer of craft foam. It still vibrates the table pretty good.

WhiteHowler fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 14, 2023

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

queeb posted:

This is an extremely good idea, and on the list for my shop for sure.

"Pre-printed dungeon tiles" basically

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
MK4 kit shipping times updated. I got delayed to September. :cripes:

This close to saying gently caress it and get a P1S.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

w00tmonger posted:

yup. hell yeah brother Canadians taking over etsy. I'm waiting to see how Christmas goes before making any major expenses, but if its Hella good I'll be grabbing a poo poo ton more machines to head into next year strong with advertising and a business website and try and double this years sales if I can. I find keeping on top of all the kickstarters and patreons and everything overwhelming but hey I find out today if I'm jobless and have a years salary banked to mess around so we'll see how it goes!

the time thing might not be a huge issue if you just rock like 5-6 P1S with AMS on them, spread the print times out. I think pre-colored prints would be loving amazing, capture that non painter crowd

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

8-bit Miniboss posted:

MK4 kit shipping times updated. I got delayed to September. :cripes:

This close to saying gently caress it and get a P1S.

I bought a P1S. I still think Bambu is probably bad for the space and their behavior sucks poo poo through a tube and their American support/community people are chuds. But nobody is putting something on the table that can also do what I need.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

tracecomplete posted:

I bought a P1S. I still think Bambu is probably bad for the space and their behavior sucks poo poo through a tube and their American support/community people are chuds. But nobody is putting something on the table that can also do what I need.

yeah the P1P has been a game changer for me really, i have 3 now and they just churn stuff out so fast its insane, my output is wild now. I want to be running 8-10 by next year

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

tracecomplete posted:

queeb posted:

yeah the P1P has been a game changer for me really, i have 3 now and they just churn stuff out so fast its insane, my output is wild now. I want to be running 8-10 by next year

gently caress it, ordered. Already seen some people say they got shipping notifications for their orders.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I think I'm slowly coming around to getting a P1S or a X1C but the next hurdle is finding someone who would want to take my hacked-up Ender-3 S1 off my hands to make room

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

The Chairman posted:

I think I'm slowly coming around to getting a P1S or a X1C but the next hurdle is finding someone who would want to take my hacked-up Ender-3 S1 off my hands to make room

$20 in Craigslist/Facebook usually works.

Enough that the weirdos don't look at it but still basically free to anyone who wants a project printer.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

The Chairman posted:

I need to dump my S1P one of these days too.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

gently caress it, ordered. Already seen some people say they got shipping notifications for their orders.

Ha! i ordered literally hours after it was released, and about to call BS to that.. but i just checked my email and see my shipping notification. Just a label creation but drat they do move fast.

Edit: Estimated delivery Thursday. So exactly 1 week order to door.

The Chairman posted:

My modded V2 (which actually prints awesome when i dont clog the hotend) is sitting waiting for me to unfuck the hotend now, but I am about to move it out of the way for the P1P shortly. I might make it the garage printer for the kids to play with or give it to my nephew for funsies . Its still a great little printer but i wonder why i would bother if i can print 5 things in the time it takes me to send a print to it.

Roundboy fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 14, 2023

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Ditto, with my old CR-6, I should probably just chuck it off instead of trying to fix it up, since I'm just never going to get around to doing it. It does feel like it's better just chucking it off at 50$ or so, but I feel like I atleast need to reflash it and make sure it's calibrated before selling it off.

Also, I've actually hit my first issue with my X1 now.
Got some 92A TPU, the first print where I ran a couple things worked perfectly, but the second and third prints just immediately have it jam, and the extruder gets stuck/starts clicking by the time it completes the purge line.
The moment I go in and get it to unload/etc it clears out fine, and the nozzle itself isn't getting properly clogged, but it does seem to bunch up and get stuck.

If it were my old printer I'd assume that maybe the ptfe tube to the hotend had a gap that it got stuck in, but I'm unsure what to do. Though I'll try some even slower presets later, just to see if I'm trying to go to fast. (Around 20 currently, but I did try thicker layers on the last print that failed.)
Apparently the extruder does have a tension screw, but it's behind the plastic shell of the unit, so you have to take it out or carve out a chip of the shell.

Anyone else on TPU on a Bambu with any tips? I'm on one of the Fillamentum 92A spools right now.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

well guys my work departure was approved, lump sum payout on august 4th of just over a year salary. I'm now coasting off print shop money (and my wifes salary). time to see how this goes! Guess i should read up on sustaining a small business lol. im fortunate I have a pretty big gaming store near me that is always interested in getting stuff, so thats at least 2 income streams. Ive been so busy i havent had time to even print stuff for them but they put in an order for a few hundred minis wholesale so thats always nice too.

time to figure out how to make a website

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

w00tmonger posted:

I've played around with this idea and prototyped some stuff with promise, haven't put anything up for sale yet but I like the results and possibilities it offers!

gently caress painting for building blocks, I guess saying :colbert:

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

queeb posted:

well guys my work departure was approved, lump sum payout on august 4th of just over a year salary. I'm now coasting off print shop money (and my wifes salary). time to see how this goes! Guess i should read up on sustaining a small business lol. im fortunate I have a pretty big gaming store near me that is always interested in getting stuff, so thats at least 2 income streams. Ive been so busy i havent had time to even print stuff for them but they put in an order for a few hundred minis wholesale so thats always nice too.

Congrats! Live the drat dream over there.

When my industry right sizes we just get like 2 weeks pay and a reference. Also they don't offer it, you just get the call.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

queeb posted:

Might as well start a youtube channel about the business and create a third income stream!

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

My 2-head Prusa XL is in DHL's hands. Gonna fire off a footlong benchy as soon as it comes in....Actually upon slicing a footlong benchy I have decided against spending 2 days printing a 1.1kg boat.

For real though, I've been reading up on using PETG as support material for PLA and I gotta say I'm very intrigued by the prospect of perfectly clean overhangs without having to buy prohibitively expensive soluble support material.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

queeb posted:

Every hobby youtube channel is sponsored by squarespace, but most of their websites suck, so maybe not squarespace.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

All these new developments are making me consider throwing even more money into the hobby. I love my E3v2 with several upgrades, but I want something faster, and I really want to print ABS, so enclosure.

What would be printer de jour for that? That Bamboo on sale? Voron, if time to tinker? I’m leaning into the “out of the box” stuff due to lack of free time lately. Planning to make a decision/buy in September probably, so I figure why not ask here first.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Zorro KingOfEngland posted:

My 2-head Prusa XL is in DHL's hands. Gonna fire off a footlong benchy as soon as it comes in....Actually upon slicing a footlong benchy I have decided against spending 2 days printing a 1.1kg boat.

For real though, I've been reading up on using PETG as support material for PLA and I gotta say I'm very intrigued by the prospect of perfectly clean overhangs without having to buy prohibitively expensive soluble support material.

It is amazing. I need to try with a solid support interface as my dumb rear end never even thought of that.

As someone who does the changeover manually, I'm very envious of you and the XL.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 14, 2023

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

fortunately enough id only need to make like $150/day between etsy and a website and whatever other income streams to be comfortable (yay buying a house just before prices went vertical in canada) and so far that's easily matched with what just etsy is bringing in, so I have leeway to try stuff out

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

If anyone's keeping score, the new Fremover filament spools fit quite nicely in an AMS. The last ones they were using were juuuust barely too big in diameter. Their prices have been fantastic lately too, I just got (another) 16kg pack of PLA+ delivered today at $9/roll.

https://fremover.net/collections/mix-match-pla-pla-pro/products/pla-pla-pro-mix-match-pack-x16

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
What are the things to do 15 min into unpacking the Bambu ?

* Print a benchy
* install the slicer
* print a poop bucket
* .... ?

anything i can get a head start on that requires ABS I should do now ?

Roundboy fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 15, 2023

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Every hobby youtube channel is sponsored by squarespace, but most of their websites suck, so maybe not squarespace.

Honestly your best bet is using something like WordPress or another cms... So many e-commerce plugins etc that will help you put all your stuff together and make it the way you want it.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Acid Reflux posted:

If anyone's keeping score, the new Fremover filament spools fit quite nicely in an AMS. The last ones they were using were juuuust barely too big in diameter. Their prices have been fantastic lately too, I just got (another) 16kg pack of PLA+ delivered today at $9/roll.

https://fremover.net/collections/mix-match-pla-pla-pro/products/pla-pla-pro-mix-match-pack-x16

Jesus, is this decent stuff? I may stock up on this instead of iiidmax. A fantastic price in Canada for filament is like 24.99+tax

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

queeb posted:

Jesus, is this decent stuff? I may stock up on this instead of iiidmax. A fantastic price in Canada for filament is like 24.99+tax

It's at the very least on par with IIID Max, and whether it's personal confirmation bias or whatever, I think it prints a little better.

This is the outfit that used to be/sell GST3D filament in the US, which I'm pretty sure came from the same manufacturer as IIID, but I don't know if it's still the same material or if it's being manufactured elsewhere (or by themselves) now. At any rate - I print an awful lot of it and I really do like it. As with all cheaper filaments, it might not be the best stuff money can buy, but it's well beyond serviceable and they have a pretty nice color range to choose from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

i feel like an AMS would be great for battletech tiles since they're so layered it'd be fairly few changes