Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

A loaf with no watch fetish ep and bonus Nerf gun guys is a blessed loaf indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
(checks out the newest fplus on bubblegum at 4 am)

Oh God, the additional episode art is like the creepiest version of Elon musk I've ever seen and it's not even Elon musk.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
Listening to the bubble episode and I am thoroughly convinced that Gmax is autistic as gently caress.

Akumeoy
Aug 6, 2022

extremely large and incredibly huge

Tex Avery posted:

Listening to the bubble episode and I am thoroughly convinced that Gmax is autistic as gently caress.

I actually didn't get an autism vibe from Gmaxx. Usually when I (and other autistic people I know) get fixated on a particular line of thought, it manifests as going way in-depth and veering off onto tangents (see: Khursten, the guy right before him). Gmaxx just revisits the same points over and over again, and doesn't actually seem to know too much about chewing bubblegum.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
Whether or not he's autistic the guy's a natural born loser

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm always glad for fplus, it makes me remember that despite being autistic and also having fetishes I could never possibly be as bizarre as these people

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There's a lesser thing that bugs me about this episode. Soaking the bubblegum ahead of time makes sense as a shortcut.

If you want to get a piece of gum wet and pliable, you can chew it and chew it until your mouth gets it moist. Or, just let it soak in some clean water for a bit. And the dude wanted a bubble that'd take, what, a dozen or two dozen pieces of gum?

The bucket full of wet gum thing is still weird, but it's not Homestuck kink weird. It's pragmatic "huh" weird.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Counterpoint: gross

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I am shocked and saddened no one made the incredibly easy GumSwap.avi joke

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit reads the oldest doc in the F Plus dump

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
President of Homosexuality and Steven Hillenberg are my OTP

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit decides to check through guides from the 00s regarding the technical mechanics of PS1 game Chrono Cross. This is relatively spoiler-free!
Extra Credit decides to check through the ramblings of a Chronocrossologist (Dijon Du Jour) regarding the technical plot mechanics of PS1 game Chrono Cross. This is relatively spoiler-full!

I also feel obligated to point out the F Plus has also released a new episode.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
oh no

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I have also had paranormal threxperiences while zooted on drugs

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Listened to the root beer episode again and lol what a great time.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Listened to the root beer episode again and lol what a great time.

The root beer episode is the perfect F Plus episode: poindexters typing massive screeds and infighting about the most mundane topic in the world.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The latest FPlus confirms it: making fun of the dumb poo poo kids post will always be good

Mega64
May 23, 2008

There's something wholesome about the weird poo poo kids post. That's what makes up most of my favorite EC episodes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I am so glad that I did not have internet access at that age

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I am so glad that I did not have internet access at that age

:emptyquote:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Mega64 posted:

There's something wholesome about the weird poo poo kids post. That's what makes up most of my favorite EC episodes.

It's the most endearing kind of cringe. The Hamilkids ep of extra credits was great because I probably would have written almost that exact same fanfic as a teen, except replace Hamilton with RENT or Wicked

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I was heartbroken when I lost the floppy disc containing all of my teenaged self-insert Digimon fan fiction, not knowing how much of a blessing it was.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Happy Landfill posted:

It's the most endearing kind of cringe. The Hamilkids ep of extra credits was great because I probably would have written almost that exact same fanfic as a teen, except replace Hamilton with RENT or Wicked

same but terrible anime instead

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah what kind of kid is writing fanfic about plays when there's perfectly good animes and sonic the hedgehog and homestuck to write about

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

Yeah what kind of kid is writing fanfic about plays when there's perfectly good animes and sonic the hedgehog and homestuck to write about

Clearly someone didn't go to Musical Theater summer camp as a teenager :colbert:

Broadwaystuck was totally thing I remember this

God, I feel like wherever the theater kids flock to online would make a great ep

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Happy Landfill posted:

Clearly someone didn't go to Musical Theater summer camp as a teenager :colbert:

Broadwaystuck was totally thing I remember this

God, I feel like wherever the theater kids flock to online would make a great ep

There's probably not one single focus.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

new sudden wave of gratitude: that my Art Camp Years came before social media, blogs, or any other way for my child idiot self to live-post all her insufferable "adventures"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

There's something magical about poorly-written stories. Relistening to the amputee fetish episode and I can't stop laughing about the amputee-happy doctor and the weird terms like "accident place".

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

new sudden wave of gratitude: that my Art Camp Years came before social media, blogs, or any other way for my child idiot self to live-post all her insufferable "adventures"

Oh, believe me when I say I agree with you 100%. At best I had livejournal and aboutmylife, and one of those sites no longer exist.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I've thought about doing a marching band doc at some point, a group that is pretty drama kid adjacent, but I didn't have much luck finding much material that'd make sense to a general audience without a lot of asterisks and asides

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Happy Landfill posted:

Oh, believe me when I say I agree with you 100%. At best I had livejournal and aboutmylife, and one of those sites no longer exist.

dont forget xanga

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I read the LP of Chrono Cross and all that mess is still baffling even knowing the context. I do enjoy that the one constant is that everyone is baffled by the existence of Poshul.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

dont forget xanga

I remember xanga :cripes:

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I haven't listened to the F Plus or Extra Credit for like 4 years, and I want to jump back on. What are some recent greats?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I haven't listened to the F Plus or Extra Credit for like 4 years, and I want to jump back on. What are some recent greats?

You'll never hear the word loaf the same way again

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Everyone seems to like the bitcoin one I made the doc for :shobon:

https://thefpl.us/episode/332

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Root Beer Reviews episode is incredible: https://thefpl.us/episode/342

As is The Angry Apple Nerd, which is like the root beer reviews episode but for apples: https://thefpl.us/episode/384

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Hiro Protagonist posted:

The Wookiepedia episode is a classic

https://thefpl.us/episode/318

Extra Credits does a two parter about Smurfs fanfiction. Michael Jackson is involved. Also Jesus?

https://thefmin.us/caution-these-fanworks-are-a-little-blue/

https://thefmin.us/category/episodes/page/12/

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I recently reread the Smurfs Fanon Wiki document and can confirm that it's an all-timer. Absolutely mind-boggling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The SCP episode is a fav of mine

https://thefmin.us/scp-151-ec-%e2%96%88%e2%96%88%e2%96%88%e2%96%88%e2%96%88%e2%96%88%e2%96%88/

The vintage conspiracy theories episode is wholesome in it's own weird way. Or at least not as toxic as contemporary theories.

https://thefpl.us/episode/357

Edit: As for literature, it's hard to measure up to this episode about Morgan Blayde. A man armed like a gun merchant, fueled by booze, yadda yadda tadda

https://thefpl.us/episode/299

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 18, 2023