Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Man those are neat, might have to grab a Donnie. I'm not a turtle collector but I do really like the look of that target 4 pack no one can find. Is there any alternate version of those turtles that's more available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Apparently Super 7 released a ReAction figure of MF DOOM a couple weeks ago, and it immediately sold out everywhere before I knew it existed. I hope they re-release it, because I don't want to pay $80 on the secondary market.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Joe Fisto posted:

Not bad for 10 bucks apiece. If they were more I would complain about articulation, but they are just super basic little adolecent ninja boys.

I kinda want them bc unlike most turtle stuff this one looks cool and up my alley. But I need to see the movie first

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Kingtheninja posted:

Man those are neat, might have to grab a Donnie. I'm not a turtle collector but I do really like the look of that target 4 pack no one can find. Is there any alternate version of those turtles that's more available?

I got these as a 4-pack off Amazon. They are the standard release versions, but they came in a white box saying don’t open, this is a unit pack.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Last Call posted:

There have been toy zombies in GIJoe before, everyone was expecting the Zombie Toxo Viper.

Don't know if any showed up in comic form or not, but toy wise, they've been around for a decade plus by now.

Anyone notice the crimson viper has the biohazzard symbol in his visor?

The way he's shown in one picture makes him look like he's fighting off the zombies.

Guess they're kinda like bats at the end of the day, they can turn on you.

Even longer than a decade; they were near the end of the original toylike

https://www.yojoe.com/action/92/toxozombie.shtml

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Classified Dragonfly has officially reached 16,004 and with that Glenda is unlocked.

Crazy Legs is the last one, need 19,000 for that one.

Four days left.

Will FOMO make it happen.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The Last Call posted:

Classified Dragonfly has officially reached 16,004 and with that Glenda is unlocked.

Crazy Legs is the last one, need 19,000 for that one.

Four days left.

Will FOMO make it happen.

Glad we will at least get Glenda.

Now they need to hurry up and send my HISS.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

Glad we will at least get Glenda.

Now they need to hurry up and send my HISS.

Emily the hasbro GIJoe person, suggested it's coming Ocotober, but Lenny, the other hasbro GI Joe person seemed skeptical it'll be out at that time.

At SDCC we're suppose to see a final version.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Emily the hasbro GIJoe person, suggested it's coming Ocotober, but Lenny, the other hasbro GI Joe person seemed skeptical it'll be out at that time.

At SDCC we're suppose to see a final version.

But I want it now!

Also;

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1679617412801392640?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fair warning there is a ton of NECA Mirage TMNT being shown at SDCC. If that’s something you are into they are going hard.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

But I want it now!

Me too brother, me too.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Fair warning there is a ton of NECA Mirage TMNT being shown at SDCC. If that’s something you are into they are going hard.

Next week will be a busy week. Walmart collector con, and hopefully we get a shot at Chuckles. Looking forward to seeing what is announced at SDCC.

The Last Call posted:

Me too brother, me too.

I was mainly hoping for it to come this summer since I will actually be home to sign for the drat thing. Looks like I will have to route it to a FedEx location and grab it there like it did with Galactus and the Sentinel.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Joe Fisto posted:

Also; my car is done.

Looks great! Did you follow any sort of guide or did you know what you were doing? I haven't tackled mine yet.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Looks great! Did you follow any sort of guide or did you know what you were doing? I haven't tackled mine yet.

I didn’t follow a guide and I’m still not sure if I know what I’m doing. I’ve done a few repaints and this was pretty similar. Took it apart, masked off the windows, primed it and painted it matte black.

Thanks btw!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Word. I'll just have to rip the Band-Aid and see how it goes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I painted mine with just some matte spray but the spray made some blobs so I had to sand and redo.

Now it’s just half done and collecting dust :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Are they doing a proper Shredder like the old toys? It’s the main one I need along with Splinter.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Mattel’s crowdfunded Jurassic Park Gates campaign isn’t doing so great.

Also $250 in the US or £300 in the UK?! (That’s $393!)

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, its a disaster. It doesn't help that the gates themselves are attached to an ugly base to facilitate play features no adult collector could care about AND that the Bull T-Rex (from the sequel, so never even interacts with anything else in the set) is an unlock despite being most of the value.

Honestly, there's no decent JP toy line out there for adult collectors. Mattel has tried but they simply don't have the skill/budget to pull it off.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Hammond Collection is doing great dinos, but terrible figures. The 6” Amber Collection humans were mostly good, but no one was buying them?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

The Hammond Collection is doing great dinos, but terrible figures. The 6” Amber Collection humans were mostly good, but no one was buying them?

The Amber Collection was alright, but it suffered from the scale meaning they could never do the larger dinosaurs in a reasonable price/size for most collectors. It makes sense that they scrapped it with those in constraints in mind. That said, for 6-inch, the likenesses were still pretty muddy.

The Hammond Collection is exactly the right idea for a JP collectors line, but yes, the humans suffer even more at that scale from weird proportions and even worse likenesses. Compared to the Star Wars Vintage Collection, for example, they look awful.

That said, personally, I don't find the dinosaurs much better. They suffer from really bad QC, and the paintwork is often as cheap as possible, even when in promotional shots that isn't the case at all. Further, a lot of the sculpting is just inaccurate and bizarre. The Raptors for example, which you'd think would be so easy to get right and then subsequently release every variant of, don't actually look anything like the film models. This is fine in a toy line, but not one aimed at collectors.

Here's the original Hammond Collection Raptor, with massive feet and an inaccurate headsculpt.

Here is a fan mod with a replacement head and feet.

I just wish the company could get closer to that with the base figure.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My Jada Ryu came in yesterday. I lucked out on paint because it seems fine.

It's pretty good and seems (thankfully) sturdier than the SOTA ones. I liked that line but nearly all of mine shattered just sitting on the shelf.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1679752689738031104?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Got Map Room Indy, he's still up.

gregday
May 23, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I’m thinking of that scene from Big when Tom Hanks tries to explain to the toy company executives that playing with a building is not fun.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

drat, I’ll never get that goat with removable hind leg!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

gregday posted:

I’m thinking of that scene from Big when Tom Hanks tries to explain to the toy company executives that playing with a building is not fun.

I dunno man, I always wanted a Fortress Maximus…

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

30 bucks a pop, cuz fancy box?

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1679896725434118202?s=20

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Boss Fight is doing a crowdfund for Sam & Max Rotocast Kaiju figures: https://www.bossfightshop.com/search?type=product&q=mecha

$80 each for 9” tall toys, they need to sell 750 units by 9/15 to begin production

I’m getting that Alan Scott because the last decent JSA figures were DCUC and the strength of those was character selection and not articulation, but man it sucks to pay $10 more for Alan than I did for Jay and I’m getting four fewer accessories

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

A good Flash toy.

Cyborg is huge. Why so big, Vic?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

New Spider-Man retro wave, Thor/Destroyer, Hawkeye and Bike, Cersei/Black Knight, Doom/Spectrum, Scrap Iron and Copperhead are all now supposed to ship tomorrow from Amazon.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

New Spider-Man retro wave, Thor/Destroyer, Hawkeye and Bike, Cersei/Black Knight, Doom/Spectrum, Scrap Iron and Copperhead are all now supposed to ship tomorrow from Amazon.

What’s in the Spidey retro wave?

PriorMarcus posted:

The Amber Collection was alright, but it suffered from the scale meaning they could never do the larger dinosaurs in a reasonable price/size for most collectors. It makes sense that they scrapped it with those in constraints in mind. That said, for 6-inch, the likenesses were still pretty muddy.

The Hammond Collection is exactly the right idea for a JP collectors line, but yes, the humans suffer even more at that scale from weird proportions and even worse likenesses. Compared to the Star Wars Vintage Collection, for example, they look awful.

That said, personally, I don't find the dinosaurs much better. They suffer from really bad QC, and the paintwork is often as cheap as possible, even when in promotional shots that isn't the case at all. Further, a lot of the sculpting is just inaccurate and bizarre. The Raptors for example, which you'd think would be so easy to get right and then subsequently release every variant of, don't actually look anything like the film models. This is fine in a toy line, but not one aimed at collectors.

Here's the original Hammond Collection Raptor, with massive feet and an inaccurate headsculpt.

Here is a fan mod with a replacement head and feet.

I just wish the company could get closer to that with the base figure.

As someone who loved (and still owns) the old Kenner JP and TLW toylines, I’m loving loving the kid-centric stuff they’ve been cranking out. Electronics, play features, capture gear, I gobble that poo poo right up. If Mattel had been releasing this stuff when I was 9 I would have lost my goddamn mind.

I only have one Amber Collection figure (Tiger Raptor from TLW) and it’s really, really good. It’s my definitive Raptor figure at any scale.

I have some Hammond Collection stuff; some humans, just got the Trex and Pachycephalosayrys on sale at Target for good prices, and I’ve got a Dilophosaurus (great), Gallimimus (neat, got it for like $7) and Baryonyx (easily my favorite so far). I’m looking forward to the newly announced Carnotaurus.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

What’s in the Spidey retro wave?

https://thefwoosh.com/2023/03/hasbro-marvel-legends-retro-spider-man-legends-wave-promotional-images-and-pre-orders/

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
gently caress I totally forgot about elektra devil, gotta get on that.

Also looks like the haslab added about 600 in the 24 hrs since crossing tier 2. I didn't think there would be a chance at getting tier 3 but they might just do it.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, some companies (and even ranges/lines within the same company) take an awful line on the USD - GBP conversion.

Once you consider US prices exclude sales tax and UK prices include VAT, plus UK smaller market, etc., a straight $1 -> £1 should be the upper limit.

Hasbro are inconsistent in this - often Transformers are "about right" and GI Joe are "take the piss".

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

this mfer has veneers

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
If I win this I'll post here and send some out free. Idk what the heck I'll do with em except modify. But the price is right!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This Justice League appears to be missing some core members and a very specific gender. What's up Todd?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

This Justice League appears to be missing some core members and a very specific gender. What's up Todd?

I've felt that Todd doesn't seem to like making female characters very much but did worry I was just overthinking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

JoeGlassJAw posted:

this mfer has veneers