Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
No, I'm pretty sure it's because he works for Sputnik. He's now hosting one of their leading podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

There is a by-election in the seat of Fadden today after Stuart Robert (the robo-dog) who was one of the ministers responsible for Robodebt resigned. The LNP have a decent margin there and are expected to retain the seat so it's more about how the swing goes.

Rowe:

Michele Bullock becomes first woman to serve as RBA governor, replacing Philip Lowe (ABC). She was the deputy governor so the expectation is not a huge deviation in the reserve bank's strategy.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Outgoing RBA governor Philip Lowe.

Katauskas:

Le Lievre:

Kudelka:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers.

Leunig:

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

It's been done before, and better, and by better people.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

steinrokkan posted:

Why is there a guy loving a pillow

Buddy, they won't even let Rall gently caress it.

Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Ann Telnaes

Mike Smith

Bill Bramhall

Drew Sheneman

Mike Thompson

David Horsey

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Kellies Nomination: Too Many Words

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Discendo Vox posted:

No, I'm pretty sure it's because he works for Sputnik. He's now hosting one of their leading podcasts.

I mean, he's more overtly pro-russia than he used to be, but like, serious question has Ted Rall seriously changed his content since going to sputnik full time?

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I mean, he's more overtly pro-russia than he used to be, but like, serious question has Ted Rall seriously changed his content since going to sputnik full time?

There are fewer correct ones and the ones that are, are more like broken clock right twice a day. Maybe. It's not like Rall has ever been good.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I mean his previous big gig was being the resident “‘my thoughts are what liberals actually believe’ for Fox News”, so no, his viewpoint of “I will be a professional rear end in a top hat with no concern about whether my statements do any good or are just fodder for evil as long as the pay is good” has been consistent

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I was about to ask the same thing. I've, at the very least, been aware of him and his work since I was 16. He was definitely putting out cartoons and OP-EDs before getting onto Sputnik's payroll.
His main drum is still very much one of the sense of superiority that comes from "knowing" the opposite of what everyone else does about a thing.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Key & Peele did it better.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

We don't have any idea of when he started taking money from the Russian government- a quick search says at least 2012, but that's when he was taking publicly compensated positions, and he was appearing on RT at least in 2010. Regardless, a major part of the Russian playbook has always been to emphasize existing fringe positions and encourage cynicism and civic disengagement. This has always been the excuse used to internalize his positions here.

edit: just going from what records remain, by late 2010 he was already giving quotes unrelated to promoting any of his projects and specifically denigrating non-RT media. That's still past the point where he's appearing directly in the state branded media.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 15, 2023

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:ok:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
drat what an actionable platform! I hope when Trump takes office he hits the big "make all nations stop fighting now" button.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible.
No, really, look at it in a vacuum. Ignore the one right above it. Would you have any idea what the gently caress was going on if Apple Pie Hubbub hadn't posted them in sequence?

quote:

Poor, plucky lil multibillion dollar social media platforms.

quote:

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
If this was a Ben Garrison cartoon you know what would happen.

I'm surprised Payne doesn't hate formula 1 because they are hybrid power trains now.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm assuming Trump said something along those lines, but does he understand how newspapers work? Even if the front page article was continued, no way would that kind of pull quote go below the old.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Elysiume posted:

I'm assuming Trump said something along those lines, but does he understand how newspapers work? Even if the front page article was continued, no way would that kind of pull quote go below the old.

It's also the statement of a four-year-old. Why are they fighting? Can't they just all be nice? Aaaaand that's it, that's the entire analysis and we stop there and absolutely go zero deeper into it.

It's half a step from "if Ukraine just surrendered, no more civilians would be killed".

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Can people wrestle Photoshop / Affinity out of the hands of cartoonists, this is getting out of control. Also drat, that's a blurry rear end image, those compressed artifacts are nuts.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on Rishi Sunak and striking doctors – A senior cabinet minister has urged health unions to take the government’s pay offer ‘seriously’, after union leaders said the proposed deal would drive doctors out of the profession and could lead to further strikes"

Telegraph:

‘Shutters are down, doors are closed’ – the reality from heatwave Europe

Matt:

Independent:

Boris Johnson ‘can’t remember passcode’ to phone with Covid WhatsApp messages After Salvador Dali.

The i paper:

Times:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: We Don't Report, We Decide

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1680216255821742083

:allears:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Just as a note: big mammoth being algorithm free and distributed also means you will never find any of those scientists and thinkers to follow

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Noticing that, say, black people in America die disproportionately from the virus and going "ah it must be the virus that is designed to target them" is some truly big brained thinking.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Let's do a brief retrospective of Prickly City this week.

Okay, talking about how the media's focus can distort our perception. A fine topic, I'm sure Stantis will realize he has nothing more to say about it and the story will peter out.

Or just immediately drop it.
Then Carmen, apropos of nothing whatsoever spontaneously says "The torch has been passed!" What torch? What torch has been passed in summer of 2023? I don't know, but apparently the expected outcome is for the seeming front-runners of the 2024 presidential election to respond for some reason?

You can't do that on television political cartoons!

The mascots of our major political parties angrily ram into each other exploding into green goo which covers both of our protagonists.
Then Carmen, again, apropos of poo poo all, quotes the declaration of independence.
Like the only coherent interpretation of these two comics is that getting covered in mascot slime was the last straw for Carmen and now she's openly advocating violent revolution.

I think, Stantis may have had a mental break?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Some Clay Jones I haven't seen posted:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

Let's do a brief retrospective of Prickly City this week.

Okay, talking about how the media's focus can distort our perception. A fine topic, I'm sure Stantis will realize he has nothing more to say about it and the story will peter out.

Or just immediately drop it.
Then Carmen, apropos of nothing whatsoever spontaneously says "The torch has been passed!" What torch? What torch has been passed in summer of 2023? I don't know, but apparently the expected outcome is for the seeming front-runners of the 2024 presidential election to respond for some reason?

It's really funny that they're still scared of Trump enough that they refuse to actually mention who the Trump skunk clearly represents, while having a label on the Biden Sloth.

Also Biden isn't hard of hearing, he just says the wrong thing, at least partially attributable to trying to keep his long-term stutter in check.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Only you and Todd, buddy. Only you and Todd.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Didn't RFK Jr. just say that Covid was "ethnically engineered" to avoid Jews and the Chinese? The 2-week delay strikes again

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Jon McNaughton has a new piece: "Speak the Truth".

I can make out Hannity, Rush, Trump and Tucker but I'm not sure who a lot of the other right wing media figures are.

On to Garrison and um... yeah. Just gonna go ahead and say Kellies nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Anti-Semitism). Seems like there's more of this lately and not just about Zelenskyy. He also drew his anthropomorphic Harvard of all things with a big Jew nose.

Ben (or Tina) Garrison posted:

THE PARASITES
Cartoon published 07/13/2023

The badly-dressed Zelensky looked smaller than usual while he attended the NATO summit in Vilnius. The diminutive Ukrainian leader insisted that Ukraine be admitted into NATO, but many leaders turned their backs on him. That at least was encouraging.

Zelensky’s widely-touted summer offensive has fizzled—and even Biden publicly admitted that Ukraine was almost out of ammunition. What? After pumping well over $100 billion into a country that few Americans could find on a map, they’ve already run out of ammo? What happened to all of that American taxpayer money? We know a lot of it was siphoned off by corrupt Ukrainian leaders including Zelensky himself. A lot of the munitions were sold to other countries. Ukraine has been a corrupt country for a long, long time and any American cluster bombs sent to that country will make both Zelensky and Biden war criminals.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST CORRUPTION WITH A SMALL DONATION! SUPPORT CARTOONS AND SAVE AMERICA
Now that Zelensky knows he can’t win with his current setup, he is anxious to drag the western world into World War III. Zelensky is an evil man who should never have been elevated to power. He should have remained a comedian—one who played pianos with his penis. If only Zelensky hadn’t been installed by globalist powers. If only he hadn’t shelled the Donbas region, which is largely populated by Russians. If only he went to the peace table when he had the chance. Zelensky wants nuclear war if necessary to keep himself in power.

STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW CARTOONS! SIGN UP FOR OUR GRRR-NEWS! IT’S EASY AND FREE!
The world should wake up and realize that Zelensky and his war aren’t necessary. In fact, NATO itself is no longer necessary. It has been corrupted into a war machine by the globalist powers that control too many of its member countries. At least Trump wanted the leach-like NATO to pay its fair share, but what America really needs to do is withdraw from NATO entirely. While we’re at it, let’s also break up the corrupt Federal Reserve, the FBI and the CIA.

Signed Print Available-Order Your Tina Toon Today and support our work!

Our Founding Fathers warned us about avoiding foreign entanglements. It’s time lo let Europe take care of itself. The United States should have kept out of World War I. If we had done so, WWII would have been avoided. It’s time for America to give up the idea of being a globalist empire. We are not the world’s policeman. We should not be the tool being cynically used to conquer the world for the WEF and the globalist bankers. It’s time to stop feeding the military industrial complex. It’s time to tune out the the insane uni-party war mongers who are constantly crying out for the escalation of the Ukraine war, which could lead to outright nuclear war. The fear-mongering globalists constantly push their climate change bunk upon us, but a nuclear exchange would be far more disastrous than changing weather. Yet, the war mongers aren’t afraid of nuclear war. Why?

The United States and it’s military Parasites

The United States has no intrinsic interest in Ukraine, but those at the top have been using it to launder money. Ukraine enables kickbacks to our corrupt politicians and their family members. It’s time to denounce the lunatics who want to see Ukraine converted into a militarized, ‘woke’ springboard that the globalists want to use to take down Russia.

We are fundraising for 2023, You can also keep GrrrGraphics online with a purchase! Visit our Best sellers! Click now!

What can we do? Refuse to agree with those who are pro-war. Don’t get swayed by their claptrap pronouncements such as, ‘We must fight the war over there before it comes here.’ Denounce the warmongers. Loudly boo Mike Pence, Mitt Romney, Lindsey Graham, Nancy Pelosi and their ilk whenever they make public appearances. Stop watching the mainstream propaganda media when they loudly bang on their war drums.

If we want to take a firm stand against war, then we need to stop slouching toward supporting war.

— The GrrrTeam

And I guess for completeness' sake here's a boring one about Mike Pence:

Ben Garrison posted:

GONE IN 60 SECONDS, THE PENCE PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN
Cartoon published 07/15/2023

Tucker Carlson has been interviewing Republican candidates. Recently it was Pence’s turn.

Why is Mike Pence even running? Nobody likes him and he’s trending very low in the polls.

He’s a traitor who made sure Joe Biden was selected by means of a corrupt election. Pence allowed the Marxist Democrats to install a woke, doddering fool into the White House. Pence could have stepped up and helped to stop it, but instead he rubber stamped election theft. Pence is running now because he was Vice President and now it’s ‘his turn.’ He’s running because of ego and vanity. He’s running because he enjoys basking in the limelight.

Fight Back Against Corruption with a small Donation! Support Cartoons and Save America

Yet, in a Freudian slip of monumental proportion, Pence admitted what is most important to him: Escalating the war in Ukraine.

When Tucker reminded him of the numerous and very serious problems we all face here in the US, Pence simply scoffed, “Not my concern.”

STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW CARTOONS! SIGN UP FOR OUR GRRR-NEWS! IT’S EASY AND FREE!
He then repeated that line. His utterance was a gaffe so stupid it might even make Biden blush—but at least he didn’t lie like Sleepy Joe always does. This time Pence told the truth—he doesn’t care about America or Americans. Pence is a war-mongering Neocon who wants to do the bidding of globalist bankers! One wonders what they might have on him.

This should mark the end of Pence’s political career. Beat it and don’t let the door hit you on the way out, Mike “Not my concern” Pence.

— Ben Garrison

Follow @grrrgraphics on Twitter GAB, TRUTH SOCIAL, PARLER, INSTAGRAM, TELEGRAM ,

or join us at The Garrison!

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 15, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

On to Garrison and um... yeah. Just gonna go ahead and say Kellies nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Anti-Semitism).
Seconded. Kellies nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Anti-Semitism)

Ben Garrison, Alleged Liberty Fan posted:

THE PARASITES

Zelensky’s widely-touted summer offensive has fizzled—and even Biden publicly admitted that Ukraine was almost out of ammunition. What? After pumping well over $100 billion into a country that few Americans could find on a map, they’ve already run out of ammo? What happened to all of that American taxpayer money? We know a lot of it was siphoned off by corrupt Ukrainian leaders including Zelensky himself. A lot of the munitions were sold to other countries.

Ben Klassen, Actual Nazi posted:

Throughout his history, which goes back more than 5000 years, during which he has remained united as a race, the Jew has been the parasite and predator on the backs of those nations who have been his unwilling hosts. The Jew has never been a creator, nor a builder, nor a producer, like the members of the White Race.

I see you Zyklon Ben.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Looks like Volodimir is just poking Nato with his inexclicably long nose, while licking his lips? Apparently Zelenskyi is no parasite, just a long nosed Jew trying to smell Nato.

You can also just count the legs. Neither insects nor ticks have only four legs.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Goebbler is obviously Twitter, I think Influenzza is Instagram, Happytime Funfeed is Threads, I'm not sure about Skunkible but I suspect it's one of the myriad right-wing Twitter wannabes, and big mammoth is Mastodon.

Speaking of Threads, have there been any cartoons specifically about how Threads immediately ejected some chuds that showed up and started chudding all over the place?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Nenonen posted:

Looks like Volodimir is just poking Nato with his inexclicably long nose, while licking his lips? Apparently Zelenskyi is no parasite, just a long nosed Jew trying to smell Nato.

You can also just count the legs. Neither insects nor ticks have only four legs.

It's also really funny because these loving morons have no idea what soft power or influence gives the US on the world stage. There was so much praise for big strong daddy Trump being a blithering moron threatening everyone, when everyone with half a pulse and more than two brain cells realizes that there's a hell of a lot more to diplomacy than blunt threats and coercion.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Dirk the Average posted:

It's also really funny because these loving morons have no idea what soft power or influence gives the US on the world stage. There was so much praise for big strong daddy Trump being a blithering moron threatening everyone, when everyone with half a pulse and more than two brain cells realizes that there's a hell of a lot more to diplomacy than blunt threats and coercion.

You speak praisingly of soft power. But how many times has Biden met with Kim or Putin??? Aha!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Mike Peters

Randall Enos - A Surfeit of Pooch

Mike Thompson

David Horsey

David Horsey posted:

The primary election for seven Seattle City Council seats is coming on Aug. 1, and 45 citizens have tossed their proverbial hats into one or another of those seven rings.

It is good news, I suppose, that so many people are willing to take on such a tough, often thankless, job, although the number of candidates who are truly qualified to become good council members is far short of 45.

How do voters sort out so many choices? Much of the rhetoric employed by even the best candidates is less-than-revealing. Everybody is for fixing the homeless problem, keeping communities safe and treating everyone fairly. The details that are left out of campaign brochures are what matter more.

A significant proportion of the folks running are advocates and activists for particular social causes. Those causes are worthy, no doubt, but the work of the current council has been undermined by members whose focus is too narrow, too tied to single-issue crusades.

What Seattle needs is leaders who have the concerns of everyone in mind; from the homeless person who is addicted to drugs living in a tent to the small-business owner besieged by crime; from the folks in South Park to the families in Laurelhurst; from the hipsters on Capitol Hill to the immigrants in Lake City.

This is still a great city. We need people on the city council who love it all.

tl;dr the current city council is much too focused on improving society somewhat, and we must replace them with people who will do nothing as quickly and as thoroughly as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Horsey really is the omega liberal.