Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Bill marries Animator’s Dream Peggy

Hah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Bill definitely has gotten into weird horrible poo poo on the internet. ...also realising he's basically an accent and flip-flops away from Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Dale's become a communist but no one's noticed the difference.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
How about them Cheifs?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Bill definitely has gotten into weird horrible poo poo on the internet. ...also realising he's basically an accent and flip-flops away from Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

I don't buy the trope of Bill getting into "bad internet", he always seems like the type that would be on the other end of that dumb poo poo. Like unable to understand what/how/why it is, but disliking it anyways out of confusion. More the typical boomer trope I guess.

Dale becoming a communist and no one noticing, not even Dale, does completely track though.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Jehde posted:

I don't buy the trope of Bill getting into "bad internet", he always seems like the type that would be on the other end of that dumb poo poo. Like unable to understand what/how/why it is, but disliking it anyways out of confusion. More the typical boomer trope I guess.

Dale becoming a communist and no one noticing, not even Dale, does completely track though.

Dale going full Tankie would track with that time he learned Russian just so he could learn how to drive a tank from Vladimir Putin's website

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Honestly if you're gonna write Luanne and Lucky off the show (not a bad idea given their VAs passing) I hope it's from them dying in a tragic ambulance chasing incident gone wrong.

The Gracie issue makes going in to detail on their death feel too bleak for a show like this. Either she died with them, or she's like Luanne except instead of her parents going to jail for being super trashy she's an orphan because her parents are both dead.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Do an episode like "Tanking it to the Streets" except instead of learning about Operation Infinite Walrus the guys debunk Qanon.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Moon Monster posted:

The Gracie issue makes going in to detail on their death feel too bleak for a show like this. Either she died with them, or she's like Luanne except instead of her parents going to jail for being super trashy she's an orphan because her parents are both dead.

Being raised by Hank and Peggy as the 2nd child they wanted to have fixes that. Having her around Bobby's age and have her be the opposite of Bobby and really aggro about sports would give Hank a ton of subplots to deal with.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
No one is truly a beauty school dropout, uncle Hank.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Within the show, GH is roughly over a year older than Gracie. I think a good new dynamic for the revival would be Hank and Peggy raising teenage GH and Gracie. KoTH got a lot of mileage out of boomer raising his millennial son. There’s a lot of potential in boomer raising his zoomer brother.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

If we're shooting for realism here, Lucky and Luanne absolutely went all-in for Trump and died from drinking fish tank antibiotics.

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023

manero posted:

Bobby's Peggy's Sugarfoot's

I'm going to riot if it's not this.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Have Luanne and Lucky tour the country with the Manger Babies and leave Gracie with the Hills. She inherits traits from both her parents so you can have her be ditzy like her mom and endearingly redneck like her dad.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SettingSun posted:

Have Luanne and Lucky tour the country with the Manger Babies and leave Gracie with the Hills. She inherits traits from both her parents so you can have her be ditzy like her mom and endearingly redneck like her dad.

Not sure how they'll handle them nor the best or most tasteful way to do it but I'm leaning towards having them die off screen, probably during one of Lucky's slip and fall schemes, then have Hank and Peggy raising their kid. I don't like the idea of recasting them nor doing the thing where they returned to their home planet and live in Florida now. The show has handled death pretty well before and having them passed away oddly seems like the most respectful thing to do to my eyes.

The more I think about this reboot, the more I like the idea; especially aging up the characters. They're all so well written and established that setting this thing 15 or 20 years later and in a modern context really opens up so many different ways to go with it. You've got some blank slates to work with too in GH and Gracie which should keep it fresh.

I'm imagining things like Boomhauer married and with a kid, both of whom are incredibly articulate and with a vast vocabulary. Connie doing stuff like non profit or social work that disappoints her dad because she doesn't make a lot of money. Buck Strickland is probably dead or retired at a minimum so Hank is the defacto store manager and CEO now, dealing with Amazon and companies that put small business out and adamantly opposed to work from home. Peggy's too old to teach anymore maybe and has a side gig in the lucrative feet pix market and has an OnlyFans account. Bobby does open mic nights and still dreams of being a comedian but is crushing it at Sugarfoots with the secret Dautrive sauce. Bobby's classmates like Dooly is doing...something. Has a band or whatever.

Looking forward to it. I love Mike Judge's work.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've just finished the second season of the Beavis and Butthead revival, and now I have high hopes for new KotH. Mike Judge has still got it.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Paladinus posted:

I've just finished the second season of the Beavis and Butthead revival, and now I have high hopes for new KotH. Mike Judge has still got it.

Old Beavis and Butthead are even funnier than young B&B.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

pacerwpg posted:

I'm going to riot if it's not this.

It's good but imo it should be a bbq restaurant featuring Gilbert's sauce called Chez Mon Oncle

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Old Beavis and Butthead are even funnier than young B&B.

People seem not to like it, but the episode where they marry each other to score with a lady was great.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They don't get divorced at the end, they're just canonically gay married from now on

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The B&B revival being as good as it has been has given me some cautious optimism about the KotH revival, when I previously just had the worst expectations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hank and Peggy save up enough to take a vacation to DC to patriotically marvel at the tourist spots but are inexplicably stymied at every turn by the kids Hank keeps catching whacking off in his shed

Nov 6, 2002

The Bible posted:

If we're shooting for realism here, Lucky and Luanne absolutely went all-in for Trump and died from drinking fish tank antibiotics.

I don't believe Luanne would ever be a Trump supporter. She likes attractive looking candidates.

I don't think Lucky would ever give a single poo poo or thought about politics or any kind of civil participation really. He is not from a demographic that votes.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 17, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I don't believe Luanne would ever be a Trump supporter. She likes attractive looking candidates.

I don't think Lucky would ever give a single poo poo or thought about politics or any kind of civil participation really. He is not from a demographic that votes.

He'd have a beer with Trump, but he'd never commit to voting for him, that's too much responsibility for him.

Nov 6, 2002

pixaal posted:

He'd have a beer with Trump, but he'd never commit to voting for him, that's too much responsibility for him.

trump having a beer lol, ok

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Hank would never have a beer with someone from New York

Nov 6, 2002

Traxis posted:

Maybe a bagel tho.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Traxis posted:

We are talking about Lucky, and not that he'd actually do it, just seems like something he'd say in response to so who you gonna vote for Lucky! It's about who Lucky is more than if the other party would too.

Nov 6, 2002

pixaal posted:

We are talking about Lucky, and not that he'd actually do it, just seems like something he'd say in response to so who you gonna vote for Lucky!

He wouldn't even know who the candidates are.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Traxis posted:

Hank drinks beer all the time.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Donald Trump is a reality TV star and thus Lucky would know who he is, but he would have no idea that he was president.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'd imagine Lucky is perpetually on probation, therefore cannot vote in the state of Texas.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Extra Large Marge posted:

I'd imagine Lucky is perpetually on probation, therefore cannot vote in the state of Texas.

I thought it was if you are a convicted felon then you couldn't. Regardless of your probation status. But maybe thats state by state.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

He wouldn't even know who the candidates are.

The only votin' I care to do is votin' on whether we're goin' to the Luby's or the Whataburger this Friday night. And I hate to tell you this, Uncle Hank, because I know how you feel about tellin' people who you voted for, but it's gonna be Luby's

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Trump is exactly the sort of candidate she'd consider attractive. She'd be won over HARD by the false bravado and arrogant confidence.

Probably right about Lucky, but he's still dying either via fish meds or horse meds.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
clark peters and dooly gonna be cops

Nov 6, 2002

The Bible posted:

Trump is exactly the sort of candidate she'd consider attractive. She'd be won over HARD by the false bravado and arrogant confidence.

Much like she did with Rad Thibodeaux, Luanne would eventually suss out that Trump is an egotistical self promoter who uses people. And he doesn't even have 10 free hours of AOL.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPLADsB3jz0

naem
May 29, 2011

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I kinda picture Luanne saying something like "I dunno about Trump, Aunt Peggy. He seems a little unintelligent. It's called the disease of unintelligence."

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
As if Luanne would vote right wing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I think she calls George Bush handsome and it's one of the most immersion breaking lines in the history of media.

e; lol yeah she says "he's even more handsome than his dad" :barf: