Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Microplastics posted:

OK it's finally time for me to get answers from bidet-havers because I've had questions for years.

1. doesn't a bidet just leave your bum wet, necessitating a wipe with toilet paper anyway?

2. Surely the jet isn't powerful enough to truly scour off all kinds of poo poo. What if you have a particularly sticky poo poo, does it still leave your bum spotless? Or are there occasions when toilet paper has to step in as the emergency backup option?

3. I like toilet paper because I can use the final wipe to verify cleanliness (I look at it and the paper is clean), how do I do that with a bidet?

1: yes but you are sitting there for 15 minutes on your phone anyway so just drip dry

2: it can go from gentle stream to a blast so hard it’s half enema

3: no verification needed because it’s not tp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Microplastics posted:

OK it's finally time for me to get answers from bidet-havers because I've had questions for years.

1. doesn't a bidet just leave your bum wet, necessitating a wipe with toilet paper anyway?

2. Surely the jet isn't powerful enough to truly scour off all kinds of poo poo. What if you have a particularly sticky poo poo, does it still leave your bum spotless? Or are there occasions when toilet paper has to step in as the emergency backup option?

3. I like toilet paper because I can use the final wipe to verify cleanliness (I look at it and the paper is clean), how do I do that with a bidet?

you can still use tp dude just like one clean wipe and you’re done instead of five lovely ones and then walk around all day with poo poo smeared all over you

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

i am harry posted:

you can still use tp dude just like one clean wipe and you’re done instead of five lovely ones and then walk around all day with poo poo smeared all over you

your parents taught you how to wipe wrong, as a joke

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i am harry posted:

what the gently caress

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

the one thing bidets have taught us is that a lot of people don't know how to wipe their own asses

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I haven’t eaten breakfast in years, suck my dick big bacon

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Oglethorpe posted:

your parents taught you how to wipe wrong, as a joke

not sure why any of you think this is projection rather than simple assumption about the greater goon population

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Vox Nihili posted:

I always assumed activist investors are looking to juice maybe one quarter of insane revenue before they cut and run from the skeletonized business but it could be that they just like destroying corporations and rolling around in the ashes for fun, it's genuinely hard to tell the difference

in theory an activist investor might just gut management or strip out people working bullshit jobs (like me) without loving with labour as much to make a company profitable and then hold onto it like icahn did to ACF but these days it's all leveraged buyouts, stripping the company assets, then pulling the ripcord to get out

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
goons will really walk out and buy a bidet instead of eating fiber

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

the UPS threat is getting a lot of coverage bc it's a very immediate threat to capital. But yeah most strike actions don't make a blip in major media bc they don't want people to know it's happening more frequently, in larger volumes across a variety of industries, and improves workers conditions. Those are dangerous lessons

How much coverage did the UC strike get last year? Most people I bring it up with (east coast) have no idea it happened, and especially don't know that UC has been retaliating against union members in the last few months with police harassment

As a midwesterner I barely saw anything about the UC strike, I was vaguely aware of it but didn't follow it too closely and didn't hear much chatter about it. I assume since unlike UPS and WGA/SAG major media can't spin it as something that will hurt everyone.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yeah if you don't want to clean up just use disposables all the time.

the problem isn't the stuff that can just go in a dishwasher anyway, it's splatters and cookware. for me at least the real heart of the problem is that 99% of home kitchens are not designed to accommodate cooking with appropriately high heat.

alt. reply: becoming the guy who just buys a new skillet for every egg he fries

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I got a toilet with a built in bidet and drying fan.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Irony.or.Death posted:

the problem isn't the stuff that can just go in a dishwasher anyway, it's splatters and cookware. for me at least the real heart of the problem is that 99% of home kitchens are not designed to accommodate cooking with appropriately high heat.

alt. reply: becoming the guy who just buys a new skillet for every egg he fries

Reminds me of the guy who just bought new T-shirts instead of washing them, claiming it used less water. I think he also put his dirty shirts in the freezer for odor control (???)

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Reminds me of the guy who just bought new T-shirts instead of washing them, claiming it used less water. I think he also put his dirty shirts in the freezer for odor control (???)

what

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

I think it was the guy who created Soylent, the meal replacement for nerds

Jeffrey Epstein did this except with $100 dress shirts

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

soylent ceo guy, dude famously almost killed himself (more than?) once due to not just copying extant meal replacement "shakes" already used in hospitals and instead giving himself artisanal deficiencies

KillerFuzzball
Jul 1, 2007

taste the pain

Microplastics posted:

Big bidet guy here. If you got poo poo on your hands, would you just wipe it off with paper?

1. You’ll have a wet butthole, but the stream is surprisingly accurate and it’s easy to dry off with a few squares of TP. The nicer powered bidets even have little heated dryer fans if you’re down to linger for a minute.

2. It’s definitely powerful enough. The cheaper un-powered, unheated units (like Tushy or LuxBidet Neo) are actually so powerful on standard home water pressure that it feels like you could strip paint with the valve open more than halfway. I’ve had bidets for years now, and no poo poo has ever defeated it.

3. As others have mentioned, you would still do this, with the difference being that 99% of the time this would be your first and final wipe to dry/verify cleanliness. I regularly go a month+ on the same roll of TP. I can’t remember the last time I bought a pack.

If you have a power outlet near your toilet, I highly recommend something like this:

Bio Bidet by Bemis BB-1000W Supreme Warm Water Bidet Toilet Seat, Elongated, White https://a.co/d/3eumPuA

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Bastard Tetris posted:

I think it was the guy who created Soylent, the meal replacement for nerds

Jeffrey Epstein did this except with $100 dress shirts

A store brand dress shirt from JC Penny's is like $70 now (full price)

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

if you freeze the clothes it kills bacteria and results in less odor. very simple.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

KillerFuzzball posted:

You’ll have a wet butthole, but the stream is surprisingly accurate

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
wipe accuracy improves with a lower BMI

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

AvesPKS posted:

A store brand dress shirt from JC Penny's is like $70 now (full price)

lol I haven’t set foot in one since some PE group bought the entire shopping center and gutted it before selling it to Westfield

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

your butthole will be wet and you will love it

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/PAstynome/status/1679654206238777344?t=FeQUDkwiPDSvRr_qQ0pAXg&s=19

https://twitter.com/pdougmc/status/1679916554245242896?t=qz5Y1M0cffYi_aSQFEwwrA&s=19

Promoted Tweet
https://twitter.com/NapoleonMovie/status/1678373506453749760?t=N2d_wlSKq_9aclty6mgL0g&s=19

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

grain comes down the Mississippi btw. when it can’t it goes to the e/w coast by rail or handy’s calling the lakes.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

but these days it's all leveraged buyouts, stripping the company assets, then pulling the ripcord to get out

and often it happens 2-3 times to the same company by different private equity.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

euphronius posted:

espn also pivoted to talking heads programming which is awful

also they laid off everyone who isn't Stephen A. Smith.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SARS-Cordyceps posted:

That's ok. Lentils aren't very good.

mods?!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

i am harry posted:

not sure why any of you think this is projection rather than simple assumption about the greater goon population

He wipe his butt wrong

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Bar Ran Dun posted:

and often it happens 2-3 times to the same company by different private equity.

This happened to KB Toys and the company was so thoroughly run into the ground that trademark for it is now abandoned.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

is pepsi ok posted:

This happened to KB Toys and the company was so thoroughly run into the ground that trademark for it is now abandoned.

It was Bain Capital that killed it the first time, just like Toys R Us

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

RealityWarCriminal posted:

it's very american that actors go on strike and everyone pays attention but everyone else going on strike gets nothing
aptly covered by the treat & slop theory of american politics

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

comedyblissoption posted:

aptly covered by the treat & slop theory of american politics

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Every time I explain private equity leveraged buyouts and the subsequent tearing the corporate copper wiring out of the walls people are like "no, it can't work like that- that doesn't sound like it should be able to happen!"

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I haven't been in the USA for 2 years and am wandering around a Sam's Club in Arkansas rn

I now understand why the American consumer is still considered "strong"

also lol everything is so cheap and abundant there so much further to fall

webcams for christ has issued a correction as of 19:12 on Jul 15, 2023

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

the gently caress is linear tv

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Centrist Committee posted:

the gently caress is linear tv

looked it up. basically "normal" tv under a broadcasting schedule i.e. channels

Mouth Ze Dong