Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

stop laughing at my objectively funny hubris and misfortune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m gonna keep playing because it’s a good game

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

please don't get upset if your steam deck explodes like a tesla

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

love the handheld though

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

installing bloodlines then huffing the steam deck vent while playing turns you into a vampire

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
jagged alliance 3 is pretty good, they've definitely taken some cues from the larian games, you run around looting little maps and getting in encounters, which switches everything to turn based mode, but at the same time it retains it's own thing where you're recruiting mercs temporarily and they have personalities and like affinity bonuses and you're getting emails, and there's a fake internet and everything

croup youre gonna love it, there's so much reading

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Al! posted:

jagged alliance 3 is pretty good, they've definitely taken some cues from the larian games, you run around looting little maps and getting in encounters, which switches everything to turn based mode, but at the same time it retains it's own thing where you're recruiting mercs temporarily and they have personalities and like affinity bonuses and you're getting emails, and there's a fake internet and everything

you've just sold this game to me

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

RandolphCarter posted:

might have spoke too soon about bloodlines, even with the patch it’s crashed three times in an hour

this is the canon experience

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Al! posted:

That's all in jagged alliance 2 btw, so it's nothing to do with larian. Ja2 owns (as does 3!)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

how's jagged alliance 3 on the steam deck

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sebmojo posted:

That's all in jagged alliance 2 btw, so it's nothing to do with larian. Ja2 owns (as does 3!)

i didnt remember the realtime parts of ja2 i guess! i thought they were all turn based

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i got a secondhand VIZIO M Quantum and hooked it up to my pc and drat, 4k ftw. downloaded some bluray of fury road and drat lol. witcher 3 opening vista looks insanely sick

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 23:28 on Jul 15, 2023

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
insane how bad windows is about choosing monitors and the only reason playing on it is easy is because big picture exist. another steam W

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

i got a secondhand VIZIO M Quantum and hooked it up to my pc and drat, 4k ftw. downloaded some blursy of dury road and drat lol. witcher 3 opening vista looks insanely sick

you should play brutal doom on it

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

how's jagged alliance 3 on the steam deck

extremely good. the devs made deck specific config presets for 30 fps and the controls work pretty well.

its very much a modernized version of ja2 and i love it so far

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

i didnt remember the realtime parts of ja2 i guess! i thought they were all turn based

nah yeah you snuck around the maps in real time until you found someone

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

you should play brutal doom on it

i played vampire survivors on it and the amount of uhd visual noise injected into my eyeballs made them hurt lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

nah yeah you snuck around the maps in real time until you found someone

so larian lifted it from them :thunk:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Risutora posted:

extremely good. the devs made deck specific config presets for 30 fps and the controls work pretty well.

its very much a modernized version of ja2 and i love it so far

nice, going to pick it up now that I've beat Dave the Diver. need a new Deck game.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Al! posted:

so larian lifted it from them :thunk:

people have been begging people to steal poo poo from JA for like 30 years and no one has managed to do it very well

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

nice, going to pick it up now that I've beat Dave the Diver. need a new Deck game.

I'm really enjoying dave the diver so far but you can really tell it was an early access game because I've played a number of minigames at this point that are clearly just there because the dev needed something to do so they didn't burn themselves out

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

As someone who hasn’t played the previous games, Jagged Alliance 3 seems really good. I really like that each of the mercs had their own personality and unique skills. Definitely a step up from XCOM in that regard, although I’m devastated that Ivan’s “gain AP on kills” skill isn’t something I can get on my entire squad, it’s so loving good. Difficulty also seems good overall, a dude with an AK-47 is a serious threat even on the easiest possible setting. They let you make your own mercenary, and I horribly gimped mine, he can only carry 4 items because his strength is rock-bottom. Still, he has enough explosives skill to disarm mines and use a rocket launcher, so I guess he is still more useful than me irl. Overall strong recommend.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hired a merc with an "infinite knives" throwing ability and one-shotted like 4 guys in a row by hitting them in the neck. feeling lake mcgruber over here

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

RandolphCarter posted:

might have spoke too soon about bloodlines, even with the patch it’s crashed three times in an hour

so you're getting the original experience then

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

speaking of world of darkness trash: anyone play that werewolf game that came out recently?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

RandolphCarter posted:

speaking of world of darkness trash: anyone play that werewolf game that came out recently?

it's one of those games that might be ok but because no one has played it, it's very hard to get reviews

it's a shame because eco terrorist werewolves is very 2023

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

it's one of those games that might be ok but because no one has played it, it's very hard to get reviews

it's a shame because eco terrorist werewolves is very 2023

the eco terrorist thing is actually the og 90s werewolf which I think that game used. current werewolf is the very 2023 thing of them all being totem worshiping wiccans

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

og werewolf also had cyborg werewolves that hunted in the internet

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I would watch how to blow up a pipeline if it was about werewolves

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

brutal chex quest vr

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Al! posted:

cryptic, did jagged alliance go woke???

1990 stole my toothbrush

it's 1990's toothbrush now

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

players are encouraged to think that they are very smart and naturally this game they like agrees with them

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 64 days!
been playing ja3 all afternoon it kicks rear end. love shootin guys

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'd get it but I've got more than enough backlog to wait for a good sale

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

never played jagged alliance before but i'm having fun with ja3, i'm glad they gave the option to show hit chance because it felt weird without it. might just be all the time spent playing xcom

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 64 days!
ive been keeping the hit probs off because i love doing stupid poo poo and i dont need the game to post a bunch of numbers at me. shut the gently caress up nerd

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

thats praxis

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
i just want to be able to hire bobby "steroid" gontarski hope he's in it

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

croup coughfield posted:

been playing ja3 all afternoon it kicks rear end. love shootin guys

who ur squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

croup coughfield posted:

ive been keeping the hit probs off because i love doing stupid poo poo and i dont need the game to post a bunch of numbers at me. shut the gently caress up nerd

Yeah it's like TAKE THE SHOT