Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah it's all looking quite positive, though the expectation will be anything lower than last season is a failure and that's quite a lot of pressure. Hopefully there's some maturity and experience that comes with the recent signings that can help the squad keep their heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The announcement videos are all extremely good

https://twitter.com/adidasfootball/status/1680192720017448961?t=810kcPqJH1mQfq38n0vB_w&s=19

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
looking increasingly like fabinho is off to the sauds for about 40 million. i hope they use that + the henderson money to get an established central mid over a teenager. would of been nice if the sauds had done this when bellingham was still available

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mila kunis posted:

looking increasingly like fabinho is off to the sauds for about 40 million. i hope they use that + the henderson money to get an established central mid over a teenager. would of been nice if the sauds had done this when bellingham was still available

I don't think Bellingham would have picked Liverpool over Madrid tbf

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

FullLeatherJacket posted:

lmao apparently after spending a year talking about how much he loves Inter and being an Inter player and planning to stay there forever (despite not actually being employed by Inter) Lukaku is now in talks with Juve and not responding to calls from Inter's management

it turns out he just really hated the chels and loved the bag, and that's very relatable

Juve don’t have money to spend and need to sell vlahovic Or Chiesa to buy another striker so I think he’s off to whoever he decides is his next boyhood club. Apparently Inter had everything ready to go with Chelsea but Lukaku himself wouldn’t agree and Inter backed out.

Lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pure Chelsea stuff

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Inter kept lowballing Chelsea.

It would have been funny if Chelsea accepted then this story came out after the deal was done.

Now I want to see the Inter reaction, they were after him until yesterday and now the fact that he was talking to Juve before the CL final came out.

Great stuff.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

hadji murad posted:

Inter kept lowballing Chelsea.

It would have been funny if Chelsea accepted then this story came out after the deal was done.

Now I want to see the Inter reaction, they were after him until yesterday and now the fact that he was talking to Juve before the CL final came out.

Great stuff.

The Italian papers are saying he and his agent had a gigantic falling out with the ownership in the past few days due to him being shopped around to various clubs while inter have been trying to pull a deal that was mostly contingent on selling Onana. I’m sure most of this is made up and the easy answer is that everyone involved is a oval office.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Plettigoal/status/1680198103704403968

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

have inter paid manchester united for lukaku?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

sebzilla posted:

I was about to say "ah-hah what about Mason Mount" but I guess he was too young to be part of the last Chelsea win, which was longer ago than I remembered.

Maybe we'll get Jamie Vardy in.

incidentally the only player at Chelsea now who has won the PL is Raheem Sterling

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
while i wouldn't be surprised if kane does leave for bayern, plettenburg's breathlessly reposting "jack poo poo is happening RIGht now CONFIRMED ✅" 10 times a day is annoying even by the standards of that kind of twitter

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Lose

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Plan C is always "offer Kane a new contract" which for some reason hasn't emerged as an option

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

Yeah it's all looking quite positive, though the expectation will be anything lower than last season is a failure and that's quite a lot of pressure. Hopefully there's some maturity and experience that comes with the recent signings that can help the squad keep their heads.

I feel like Arsenal and Liverpool had the best transfer season so far but one big signing for the others could definitely change who won the off season. If Liverpool sell Fabinho for 40m and get a top DM that's great business by them.

I think Newcastle will drop off they don't have enough depth to play their style with 4 competitions. They need to sign some wingbacks to give time off to Burns and Trippier who played every game. I know they made the league cup final but they literally only played relegation level teams till the final. Also think Chelsea will do better than last year but it really depends if they sign Caicedo.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1680276915125383169

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ulio posted:

and get a top DM that's great business by them.

This might be the rub. I don't know who's out there that you'd expect to be able to play at the level of Good Fabinho right away. I like Lavia, Thuram and Graverbirch, but I don't know if any of them can hit the ground running

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
thuram isn't very good defensively

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/mancityint/status/1680313941753307136

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Shame

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

levy absolutely is the kind of oval office to lose kane on a free next year rather than lose a single pound on the fee he wants this year

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

mila kunis posted:

levy absolutely is the kind of oval office to lose kane on a free next year rather than lose a single pound on the fee he wants this year

Yeah but he completely squandered the 80m for Bale and I would love him to do the same again

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Just Chamber posted:

Yeah but he completely squandered the 80m for Bale and I would love him to do the same again

I was going to say that I’m just here to see how Spurs squander the Kane money.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Ulio posted:

I think Fabinho was low key very good. Van Dijk was by far the biggest problem Liverpool had, just putting that as an off split for now but he looked horrid for the Netherlands in Nations League as well. Fabinho isn't Busquet or Veratti level with the ball but he is quite good defensively. I actually think they could get rid of Jordan Henderson but both him and Fabinho would be too much imo. None of their signings have the defensive output of those two and Jones/Elliot also are more attacked minded. Hendo also was quite bad last year, he still has the energy and physicality to play in a top league but his end product is below average but now he has some crucial defending mistakes compared to the past.

If they sign Lavia then 40m for Fabinho is really good at this stage of his character. I just feel like Liverpool will just have the same problem as last season though. Their attacking options are even better but their defense will be even more exposed with a midfield of Jones-Lavia-Mac Allista/Szobozoslai. Mac Allistar/Szobozoslai aren't gonna track back much unless they start Elliot over them which I doubt.

i promise you this isn't the case. fabinho has been pretty terrible for going on 18 months. he was basically my favorite player in the side before that so i've been paying as close attention as possible. his form picked up when taa was put next to him and gave him some assistance, but his decline has been very sharp.

that said i dont want to sell him, i prize continuity a lot and think it'd be a bad idea. but he's definitely been one of THE major problems for liverpool for a while now

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
one big problem for liverpool's transfers this summer: there are No DMs. like seriously, who is available at a price that isn't loving insane that could actually just be thrown in to start. apparently we're in for some brazilian guy from fluminese or maybe a guy from benfica but i'll be damned if i said i had seen either play ever. and then the other option is a 19 year old or, failing that, an 18 year old that was asked to play a bunch last season and then got injured lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

tbp posted:

one big problem for liverpool's transfers this summer: there are No DMs. like seriously, who is available at a price that isn't loving insane that could actually just be thrown in to start. apparently we're in for some brazilian guy from fluminese or maybe a guy from benfica but i'll be damned if i said i had seen either play ever. and then the other option is a 19 year old or, failing that, an 18 year old that was asked to play a bunch last season and then got injured lol

You're signing Florentino and you're gonna be hype about it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

blue footed boobie posted:

I was going to say that I’m just here to see how Spurs squander the Kane money.

tbh if they get £100m for him then it's either going to be You're The Man Now Son or they're going to pitch it straight back out on a replacement striker and have to spend £75m+ to get anyone halfway decent in, it's not quite the same as when £80m for Bale was a record fee

failing that you could get Jesse Lingard on a free

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

tbp posted:

to be fair, until he got injured Bajcetic was playing amazing

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/talksport/status/1680646443059535878?s=46&t=-vkvp903OYag8rNktH0vpA

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
kane was on hot ones last week saying how much it means to him when the spurs fans sing he’s one of our own. big fabian delph energy imho.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

for my part I would have loudly announced that I didn't give a poo poo what the fans thought and that I was going to engineer a move one way or another because I'd like to win at least the same number of trophies as Dean Windass in my career, then insist on all of my wings being buffalo hot despite the underlying premise of the show

i am nicolas anelka please do not doxx me

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure you put more effort into that post than Le Sulk did in his entire football career

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/InterMiamiCF/status/1680662246806962176

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Oh good, another reason to hate Miami.

In other MLS transfer news, the Colorado Rapids picked up Rafael Navarro from Palmeiras. Any Brazil watchers here who know anything about him?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Was kane too young to win the football league trophy when spurs last won it?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
he would have been about 14/15 yeah

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

2008, he was 14.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Goal.com admittedly but they say Chelsea want Maguire

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Lol no one wants Maguire.

Also in no one wants news, Juventus fans and Lukaku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Not confirmed yet, but it's looking like United are getting Onana. It's worryingly annoying that Ten Hag wasn't ruined by the British press and the burden of managing the biggest clowncar in English footy, and he's instead signing actual quality players that can fit into his system now. I can only hope that the same cosmic rays that somehow transformed van de Beek and Sancho from talented and useful players into the footballing voids they are now do the same thing to Onana and Mount.