Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Sit the pig down in front of Disney+ hohoho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Koirhor posted:

he knows he’s not really a 1% motorcycle gang member right? because ok lol sure man

How can anyone see the successful right-wing power grab and not cheer when striking, unionized actors publically call for loving up execs?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Yes, there is clearly something to be gained by celebrities popularizing personal action against wealth disparity in America

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

i am harry posted:

you can still use tp dude just like one clean wipe and you’re done instead of five lovely ones and then walk around all day with poo poo smeared all over you

My kids don't like using the toilet away from home because of this. Got a bidet during COVID for $20 due to toilet paper insanity that just attaches onto a regular toilet and never looked back.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I saw non euclidean TV once in college when I took gas station drugs and put on Superjail

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Microplastics posted:

OK it's finally time for me to get answers from bidet-havers because I've had questions for years.

1. doesn't a bidet just leave your bum wet, necessitating a wipe with toilet paper anyway?

2. Surely the jet isn't powerful enough to truly scour off all kinds of poo poo. What if you have a particularly sticky poo poo, does it still leave your bum spotless? Or are there occasions when toilet paper has to step in as the emergency backup option?

3. I like toilet paper because I can use the final wipe to verify cleanliness (I look at it and the paper is clean), how do I do that with a bidet?

1) yes but you can just use a bit of toilet paper and pat it, no need to wipe or anything

2) on mine there are two settings, one is a more powerful spray (lol), also you can move where the nozzle is positioned as needed

3) that one bit you pat with will be clean

i have this one currently https://alphabidet.com/products/alpha-gx-wave-bidet-seat

best part is actually the nightlight so you can pee without having to blind yourself with the full room light late at night

most people will need to get a new outlet put in by the toilet for any of these electric ones

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 21:55 on Jul 15, 2023

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Microplastics posted:

OK it's finally time for me to get answers from bidet-havers because I've had questions for years.

1. doesn't a bidet just leave your bum wet, necessitating a wipe with toilet paper anyway?

2. Surely the jet isn't powerful enough to truly scour off all kinds of poo poo. What if you have a particularly sticky poo poo, does it still leave your bum spotless? Or are there occasions when toilet paper has to step in as the emergency backup option?

3. I like toilet paper because I can use the final wipe to verify cleanliness (I look at it and the paper is clean), how do I do that with a bidet?

Echoing all the other posts

1. Dab dry with less toilet paper than it would have taken to actually get clean
2. the uh jet on mine is pretty powerful. I have the toto seat add on style and i've had it since 2014. It has a little warm water reservoir too.
3. I can count on one hand the number of times that the toilet paper has picked up anything missed by the bidet on one hand but because of point 1 - still dabbing with the toilet paper - its all good.

nice toilet paper is honestly really loving expensive and cutting down on that cost feels good.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
the outlet requirement is really the shittiest part

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

the outlet requirement is really the shittiest part

looking forward to being woken up by a nice cold blast of rear end water

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
learn 2 plumb

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Goons bursting out of the woodwork at the opportunity to compare rear end wiping techniques

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i wikpe my rear end with a rag on a stick

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Goons bursting out of the woodwork at the opportunity to compare rear end wiping techniques

we all have an rear end friend

Troutful
May 31, 2011

In Training posted:

lmao Trump got permabanned from SAG because of Jan 6. But he was a member & otherwise, yes, would be on strike right now.

lol

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Every time I explain private equity leveraged buyouts and the subsequent tearing the corporate copper wiring out of the walls people are like "no, it can't work like that- that doesn't sound like it should be able to happen!"

it would be called “stealing” in any other context

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

comedyblissoption posted:

i wikpe my rear end with a rag on a stick

I also wipe this guy's rear end with a rag on a stick

Apr 7, 2003

Monkey Fracas posted:

Every time I explain private equity leveraged buyouts and the subsequent tearing the corporate copper wiring out of the walls people are like "no, it can't work like that- that doesn't sound like it should be able to happen!"

it's straight up the Sopranos episode about the sporting goods store but somehow legitimate

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

if you have an outlet higher up on the wall, it's really easy because an electrician can just cut a new outlet hole and then drop the romex from the one above. but if you have to go horizontal it's sawz-all time, and then mudding that is a pain in the rear end to get it to look nice

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 22:30 on Jul 15, 2023

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Microplastics posted:

If you have messy shits, you need to clean up your diet. Getting a bidet is just treating the symptoms, not the cause

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

actionjackson posted:

if you have an outlet higher up on the wall, it's really easy because an electrician can just cut a new outlet hole and then drop the romex from the one above. but if you have to go horizontal it's sawz-all time, and then mudding that is a pain in the rear end to get it to look nice

Who on earth has an outlet above their toilet

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

UKJeff posted:

If you have messy shits, you need to clean up your diet. Getting a bidet is just treating the symptoms, not the cause

Eat fiber and get a bidet

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

UKJeff posted:

Who on earth has an outlet above their toilet

It's been standard per code for a while to put an outlet with in like a foot of every bathroom sink in order to facilitate for like hair dryers, curling irons, toothbrushes, shavers. etc. Usually your sinks are above and not far from your toilet.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

goons will really walk out and buy a bidet instead of eating fiber

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I also wipe this guy's rear end with a rag on a stick

We all do shut up

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
the three seashells is obviously controls for a bidet

Apr 7, 2003

Crazypoops posted:

We all do shut up

Thank you, Crazypoops.

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

silicone thrills posted:

It's been standard per code for a while to put an outlet with in like a foot of every bathroom sink in order to facilitate for like hair dryers, curling irons, toothbrushes, shavers. etc. Usually your sinks are above and not far from your toilet.

The post in question mentioned the ease of adding an outlet within the same stud bay, which is true. I’ve never seen an outlet over a toilet, and I work as a remodeler, but maybe it’s out there and I just haven’t seen one?

An outlet over the vanity is gonna be at least one stud bays over from the toilet so to get the wiring over to the toilet is gonna involve cutting drywall open to access the wall studs, which means you have to patch it and repaint, in addition to the electrical work. Not a huge deal but a bit more than adding an outlet for $300 or whatever your electrician charges

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
Just get one of these for like $70

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

UKJeff posted:

The post in question mentioned the ease of adding an outlet within the same stud bay, which is true. I’ve never seen an outlet over a toilet, and I work as a remodeler, but maybe it’s out there and I just haven’t seen one?

An outlet over the vanity is gonna be at least one stud bays over from the toilet so to get the wiring over to the toilet is gonna involve cutting drywall open to access the wall studs, which means you have to patch it and repaint, in addition to the electrical work. Not a huge deal but a bit more than adding an outlet for $300 or whatever your electrician charges

There is a Crappy construction thread. Just more fodder for that thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3431884

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I have bidet question #4: the bidet stream blasts your rear end in a top hat and cleans it - do the poo poo particles spray around the area? Do they land on the bidet itself? Do you move your rear end around the stream to make sure you have full coverage?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
americans......... :whitewater::whitewater::whitewater::whitewater:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

riding my bidet stream like i've got rent due

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
fwiw the bidet i got is the luxxe model with splash guard but no heat

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
$50 for neptune's chilly kiss twice a day or so

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

KillerFuzzball posted:

Bio Bidet by Bemis BB-1000W Supreme Warm Water Bidet Toilet Seat, Elongated, White https://a.co/d/3eumPuA

seconded

I had the good luck of doing a search for heated seat bidet last time it was being talked about and found one of these …. https://luxebidet.com/products/electronic-bidet

…and last time it was half off and NOW ITS HALF OFF HOLY poo poo BUY ONE OF THESE HOLY gently caress IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THESE TO GO ON SALE HONEY…..! honey!! the bidet!!! it’s on sale again!!!!

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

i don’t have an outlet next to the toilet, it’s moot anyway. i have the bidet, it was gifted, but im not about to run an extension cord to the vanity outlet.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I have a tushy bidet and it’s pretty good, but if I hit the lotto I’d get a Japanese bidet before almost anything else

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
is this bidetnomics

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

yospos rear end posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

if I can recommend one small luxury in this brief, horrible flicker of a life, it’s waking up at 3am in the cold of winter and sitting on a heated toilet seat you got for half off

the math adds up to less than 50c a day for just a year of service 🫡