Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

god drat it, it comes with Rastan. I have to buy it now.
edit: even worse the capcom one has Forgotten Worlds AND Strider...

otter fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

otter posted:

If I bought every handheld that came with tetris or puzzle bobble well id basically have every one of these drat things

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

otter posted:

edit: even worse the capcom one has Forgotten Worlds AND Strider...
It also comes with Operation Wolf which seems the most pointless Taito arcade game you could possibly put on it

Edit: same for Forgotten Worlds with no rotary dial

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Grassy Knowles posted:

If I bought every handheld that came with tetris or puzzle bobble well id basically be MarcusSA

Assepoester posted:

It also comes with Operation Wolf which seems the most pointless Taito arcade game you could possibly put on it

I tried playing it on my Analogue Pocket and found I need a really tiny little light gun.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

otter posted:

I tried playing it on my Analogue Pocket and found I need a really tiny little light gun.

I want one that will work with the RG Nano.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Really digging the MM+ so far. Stuck a 256Gb card in there and it has like.. every game known to man.

Been playing a bunch of Tony Hawk games and they're cool as poo poo on this little guy. D pad is great on this thing.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
So I've been looking at the AYN Loki product line and it's the most loving confusing poo poo as they keep adding new models that may or may not ever be actually shipped.

As far as I can tell, they all share the same shell, just that the more expensive models have beefier guts in them. Is that correct?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Loki means lie

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vakal posted:

So I've been looking at the AYN Loki product line and it's the most loving confusing poo poo as they keep adding new models that may or may not ever be actually shipped.

As far as I can tell, they all share the same shell, just that the more expensive models have beefier guts in them. Is that correct?

Correct yes, the 6600U and 6800U models are starting to ship, people who preordered started getting their payment emails last week. What’s on the site now is what they’re going to ship eventually but Ayn isn’t exactly timely in their shipping pace.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

njsykora posted:

Correct yes, the 6600U and 6800U models are starting to ship, people who preordered started getting their payment emails last week. What’s on the site now is what they’re going to ship eventually but Ayn isn’t exactly timely in their shipping pace.

Thanks.

I wouldn't really give a poo poo, but the Loki seems like the best option right now for a windows based hand held.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

zzMisc posted:

I want one that will work with the RG Nano.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vakal posted:

I ordered the Mendocino model because it was like $200 and it’s never gonna ship lmao

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Anyone else order an x55 around or after the RGC review still showing their order "awaiting fulfillment"? It's been 11 days and still hasn't shipped. AFAIK there's no Chinese holiday, I have to assume they just got a huge number of orders or something.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah there was probably a huge rush of orders after that review they weren’t counting on. Especially since the thing came out months ago.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
I keep putting it off, so good to see my waffling isn’t so consequential as it might be.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Is the rg353v really the best vertical retro handheld right now for the price point? I keep flip flopping between the 353v and the 35xx honestly. I don't see myself playing anything much more powerful than ps1 games. Would've been nice if the 353v played Dreamcast games smoothly but that doesn't seem to be the case otherwise it would've been an instant purchase.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Does anyone have an Analogue Pocket and want to share their impressions? I'm considering picking one up on eBay.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I really like mine but I'm not sure if id pay current eBay prices for one, I paid $260 for mine and its worth exactly that imo

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Marx Headroom posted:

Does anyone have an Analogue Pocket and want to share their impressions? I'm considering picking one up on eBay.

I really like mine. I’d love it more if it had an analogue stick. Which it doesn’t need for anything it’s designed to play. I’m playing Mother 3 on mine. The screen is fantastic.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Marx Headroom posted:

I will preface that I paid 300 bucks to some rando on OfferUp for a new and sealed unit because I did not like having to wait upwards of a year waiting for Analogue to deliver them.

I absolutely love it and it's a great handheld but slightly held back by some features on the openFPGA being still not available.

Just excellent screens however.

https://imgur.com/a/cOal4a9

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 16, 2023

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

My RP3+ dpad is dead as I mentioned a few days ago. Honestly it’s perplexing as I barely use it and it felt like a software issue, plus no one online seems to be suffering from smth similar. Retroid support seems solid though and they shipped a replacement dpad kit.

Having said that, based on reddit posts, that clamshell Retroid is a disaster with the hinges failing en masse. Seems to be lacking Taki’s expert consulting!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

IG-88 posted:

Would've been nice if the 353v played Dreamcast games smoothly but that doesn't seem to be the case otherwise it would've been an instant purchase.

By what definition? Plays em pretty drat good as far as I can tell!

Plus you have access to PC streaming and stuff

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mokotow posted:

My RP3+ dpad is dead as I mentioned a few days ago. Honestly it’s perplexing as I barely use it and it felt like a software issue, plus no one online seems to be suffering from smth similar. Retroid support seems solid though and they shipped a replacement dpad kit.

Having said that, based on reddit posts, that clamshell Retroid is a disaster with the hinges failing en masse. Seems to be lacking Taki’s expert consulting!

Dang. Well maybe the next hardware revision will address the hinges and all the other things in my wishlist

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I will preface that I paid 300 bucks to some rando on OfferUp for a new and sealed unit because I did not like having to wait upwards of a year waiting for Analogue to deliver them.

I absolutely love it and it's a great handheld but slightly held back by some features on the openFPGA being still not available.

Just excellent screens however.

https://imgur.com/a/cOal4a9

They’re going for $500 BIN on eBay lol

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

They’re going for $500 BIN on eBay lol

Yeah, they were about there when I looked on there. I only bought it several months ago. OfferUp and FB Marketplace were a bit more toned down. At least the dude I bought it from was chill and did not stab me. It was worth the 300 bucks in retrospect because it was only less than 40 bucks difference ordering from Analogue and waiting for whenever the gently caress they would ship them.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

I’d say my analogue pocket was easily worth what I paid for it with the dock and adapters and case. But I wouldn’t probably pay more. I’ll see how it compares to the miyoo mini plus in a week or so.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I have scoured the internet and I don't know if I clicked something or hit a hotkey without knowing at some point or what: any time I try running a game that has Hires modes on a GarlicOS equipped RG35XX, loving Retroarch compresses the screen (vertically on SNES, horizontally on PS1). Everything else runs at proper resolution, scaled to fit the device's screen with letterboxing/pillarboxing. I cannot find discussion of this anywhere, I cannot figure out a toggle for this in the menus. I will take screenshots if needed, but does anyone know the simple fix for this offhand?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Confusingly the scaling options aren't in the quick menu (which is..where anything else that could be considered game/core specific tends to be), it might be integer scaling being weird or something like that?

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
The analogue pocket absolutely owns. I like making little silly games in gb studio and it's a good way to play those

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I really can't emphasize enough just how good the Pocket's screen is. Also I know no one here uses it for that feature but being able to actually play carts also owns. I've picked up a bunch of random games at garage sales and it's fun to play them on such a premium bit of hardware.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Yeah I got an AP for about 300 off CL recently after haggling with the guy a bit.

If you're lag averse for twitchy games or want to play physical games it freaking rules. The screen is beautiful and I've also had a blast playing a bunch of arcade games they ported over to it.

I got a Mister a few months ago and it's nice having a portable one.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yea a cool benefit is that it’s very easy to transfer saves from my mister to it since they’re very similar. Makes me wish the Pocket had some sort of wireless capability so I could automatically sync between the two

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

hatty posted:

I really like mine but I'm not sure if id pay current eBay prices for one, I paid $260 for mine and its worth exactly that imo

These two posts are pushing me to a preorder. That is a gorgeous looking display but I can wait.

It's nice that it comes with nanoloop too. Not sure I'd want to mess with that on a Micro.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Try sending someone on eBay an offer, going by the recently sold listings people accept them often

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I cannot overstate how nice the screen is. Your lovely pokemon romhack that makes pikachu look pregnant will look like a drat masterpiece on this!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

endocriminologist posted:

I cannot overstate how nice the screen is. Your lovely pokemon romhack that makes pikachu look pregnant will look like a drat masterpiece on this!

*in the most accusatory tone possible* Uh excuse me whose romhack?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Extremely good AV and post content synergy

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gonna need that romhack

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

tbh seeing the best Mario game, six golden coins, in color on this thing does make me want to shell out $300

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

tbh seeing the best Mario game, six golden coins, in color on this thing does make me want to shell out $300

And there's other DX hacks out there even!

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4477/

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5213/

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4388/