Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Re: Snowden, let’s check in with someone who shot down a nazi jet plane then later broke the sound barrier:

https://mobile.twitter.com/genchuckyeager/status/767208899095191552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
The poo poo Snowden whistle blew on wasn’t even surprising, anyone even remotely associated with actual infosec was completely unsurprised by the reveals, that’s why Snowden himself was the topic of conversation more than his leaks.

He should’ve been protected by federal law and it’s a continuing miscarriage of justice that he wasn’t and isn’t. But also he was clearly playing for his own fame and glory so also lol.

He did a good thing for the American public, but I also don’t have any sympathy for him. This is one situation where a system of hosed up things ended up delivering a vague balance of cosmic justice. It was never about the action, it was about how great it made him. Pride, goeth, fall, etc.

On a related note, lol putin

Fatman6942!
Jul 3, 2023

by vyelkin

Vaginaface posted:

Not that pandering to morons is ever worth it, but:

A statue of Biden would probably be bad optics, and be used to push the puppet state theory

reading and talking with people about this was/military action really feels like so many people live in a totally different world.

Like the president of Ukraine is a jew, but is also a nazi, and russia was justified to invade because of nazi's.....and the biolabs.....and Ukraine was totally gonna join NATO....even though it legally couldnt.....why is the west bullying Russia with those biolabs. Also russia is totally cranking out shells and is totally gonna win this war because putin has a plan....to go to south africa.

The thing I remember when Russia did the military exercise and invaded the state department offered to help zilinski flee the country. Instead he stayed the russia's ran out of gas. And it seemed like thats when the support Ukraine poo poo happened, I had the feeling since nothing was done in 2014, nothing would have been done if russia had done the regime change in 5 days.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Denazifying the country of LGBTQ+ people one video at a time

https://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1679888906563604480?s=20

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
:rip: chuck yeager missed his death in 2020, lot of deaths that year!

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Mederlock posted:

Honestly I do not fault the man for not wanting to rot in jail for decades like the US would subject him to for exposing their dirty laundry, and I also do not fault the man who now has a wife and 2 young children in Russia at the mercy of the Russian government, for retweeting out whatever the men in ill-fitting suits from the FSB/whatever put in front of him.

Easy to excoriate the man from behind your screen in safety, but it's not so simple when you have to worry about the prison rape gang country going after your kids.

Don't get me wrong what he posts is drivel, just the same as the other RU state-aligned info-space actors.

well yeah spending a decade or two in jail is no fun but neither is having you and your family's safety under implied or direct threat unless you say what the authoritarian empire wants you to. I don't exactly fault those choices either but I think people are saying there's a good chance he'd be substantially better off now if he hadn't made them based on the short term results.

Then again if he had stayed here maybe the MAGA speaking and book circuit would be an irresistible money and fame draw so maybe I'm happy with how things turned out after all.

Coolguye posted:

He should’ve been protected by federal law and it’s a continuing miscarriage of justice that he wasn’t and isn’t. But also he was clearly playing for his own fame and glory so also lol.

He did a good thing for the American public, but I also don’t have any sympathy for him. This is one situation where a system of hosed up things ended up delivering a vague balance of cosmic justice. It was never about the action, it was about how great it made him. Pride, goeth, fall, etc.

On a related note, lol putin

:hmmyes:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Toxic Mental posted:

Flag of Russia's all-volunteer international Something Awful brigade on wall. We missing any of our red/brown alliance posters?

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL

Fatman6942! posted:

Like the president of Ukraine is a jew, but is also a nazi, and russia was justified to invade because of nazi's.....and the biolabs.....and Ukraine was totally gonna join NATO....even though it legally couldnt.....why is the west bullying Russia with those biolabs. Also russia is totally cranking out shells and is totally gonna win this war because putin has a plan....to go to south africa.

Watching the Russian state narrative lurch from side to side has been entertaining but I must say the best was the most recent hat-trick going from:

"Wagner has nothing to do with the Russian state"

to

"Wagner is funded by the Russian state"

to

"Wagner does not exist because PMCs are illegal in Russia"

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Rugz posted:

Watching the Russian state narrative lurch from side to side has been entertaining but I must say the best was the most recent hat-trick going from:

"Wagner has nothing to do with the Russian state"

to

"Wagner is funded by the Russian state"

to

"Wagner does not exist because PMCs are illegal in Russia"

to

"Putin is the person who decides on who leads the Wagner and its his consent the person doing the actual leader work needs", although it was told in the local news that the remaining Wagner commanders didn't agree with Putin on the new leader yet.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Toxic Mental posted:

Posing for a picture with tasteful fly strips.

Edit: oh lol pallet bed

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Alan Smithee posted:

https://twitter.com/UrinatingTree/status/1679980305573203969?s=20

unfortunately his KGB contact is lying face down in a Ukrainian sunflower pre-order

This is the second player the Avalanche have lost due to "being Russian" in six months. When will we allow Joe Sakic to join NATO?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Vaginaface posted:

This is the second player the Avalanche have lost due to "being Russian" in six months. When will we allow Joe Sakic to join NATO?
Sakic’s Canadian; are you thinking of Forsberg or Selanne?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Selanne is already in as he is a Finn, and also expressing some really, lets say, limited intelligence opinions on Twitter from time to time. Not a tankie or alt-right, just plain simplistic, populist and stupid.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Shumagorath posted:

Börje :(

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Der Kyhe posted:

Selanne is already in as he is a Finn, and also expressing some really, lets say, limited intelligence opinions on Twitter from time to time. Not a tankie or alt-right, just plain simplistic, populist and stupid.
Wayne Gretzky endorsed late-run Stephen Harper; nobody’s perfect and athletes even less so.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Hockey has more than its fair share of chuds.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Dwesa posted:

Edit: oh lol pallet bed

illegal technology!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sedgr posted:

Mostly white, wealthy, and suffering from some amount of CTE?
:hmmyes:

Gretzky was just old rather than the last bit, and frankly Harper looks positively quaint vs the current party leader.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Wayne Gretzky endorsed late-run Stephen Harper; nobody’s perfect and athletes even less so.

You'd think that Teemu Selänne, being basically a living legend in Finland building his post-hockey investment portfolio and career would hire some publicist to run his social media account. Or at least get a media degree student to do that as an internship position.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

If the world has a surplus of anything, it's Communiations majors with a passion for sports.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Sedgr posted:

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.
The NHL has just decided no more pride stuff during games and is currently awaiting the release of one of the gang rape investigations. The sport is wall to wall chuds.

On the flip side, Dominik Hasek is going so hard for Ukraine that he's probably checking his tea for spiciness.

Hockey is a land of contrasts.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

RDM posted:

On the flip side, Dominik Hasek is going so hard for Ukraine that he's probably checking his tea for spiciness.

Well, they have to get him while he sleeps or eats because otherwise he will just deflect that attempt. The guy won at least one world championship to Czechia with otherwise aggressively mediocre team.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Der Kyhe posted:

Well, they have to get him while he sleeps or eats because otherwise he will just deflect that attempt. The guy won at least one world championship to Czechia with otherwise aggressively mediocre team.

*Thinks of Nagano and tries not to cry* :canada:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Der Kyhe posted:

Sure but his rare bad nights were worse than tilted Roy or Cujo :mood:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Shumagorath posted:

Gretzky has also been appearing in ads for those big sports gambling sites. Can’t possibly need the money.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
athlete finances are default terrible, sometimes mediocre. much stronger effect in brain injury sports. he prolly does need the money

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Arbite posted:

*Thinks of Nagano and tries not to cry* :canada:

I did cry :canada:

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

Shumagorath posted:

Sure but his rare bad nights were worse than tilted Roy or Cujo :mood:

Goddamn it, why is the tail on the D on the wrong side

e: hoping to split this derail by closing my eyes and holding up my hand to this incoming hockey posting stampede

crusty fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 16, 2023

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

On a few telegram channels so not sure of their provenance but the Russian VDV (reportedly) publicly expressed that if their commander is removed, it will be a fatal mistake for, presumably, the MOD.

“We, the paratroopers, warn that we will not tolerate such actions in relation to General Teplinsky. And in the event of the slightest threat to his life and freedom, we will stand as a wall to protect the honor and dignity of our commander. We are very determined. Up to the point that we will withdraw from our positions and go to the rescue of our Bata. You, those who sit in the offices! The landing party does not abandon its own! Do not make fatal mistakes"

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Do it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

bob dobbs is dead posted:

athlete finances are default terrible, sometimes mediocre. much stronger effect in brain injury sports. he prolly does need the money
Gretzky has a mediocre whisky business in his name but on the other hand so do a lot of dumbass celebs.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shumagorath posted:

Gretzky has a mediocre whisky business in his name but on the other hand so do a lot of dumbass celebs.

Hey also incredibly mid wine too.

The best thing I can say about it is I recently got a case of it for $50 and had sangria for weeks

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
stupid businesses is often how they lose their money, yes

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

the popes toes posted:

On a few telegram channels so not sure of their provenance but the Russian VDV (reportedly) publicly expressed that if their commander is removed, it will be a fatal mistake for, presumably, the MOD.

“We, the paratroopers, warn that we will not tolerate such actions in relation to General Teplinsky. And in the event of the slightest threat to his life and freedom, we will stand as a wall to protect the honor and dignity of our commander. We are very determined. Up to the point that we will withdraw from our positions and go to the rescue of our Bata. You, those who sit in the offices! The landing party does not abandon its own! Do not make fatal mistakes"

Actually I think you'll find that this is all a part of Putin's master pla:shrek:

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Fatman6942! posted:

Like the president of Ukraine is a jew, but is also a nazi
Eh, there's LOTS of Jews who are full blown nazis. Not that it's not a good retort against the kind of smoothbrains who think Zelensky is a nazi. But self-hating Jews are bugfuck insane.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Has anyone heard from Zippy as of late?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Warbird posted:

More recently than two days ago?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Warbird posted:

Why do you think there's anything wrong with Zippy?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Is Zippy in Ukraine?

Wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Prettz posted:

Eh, there's LOTS of Jews who are full blown nazis. Not that it's not a good retort against the kind of smoothbrains who think Zelensky is a nazi. But self-hating Jews are bugfuck insane.

Ben Shapiro comes to mind