Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Is Kyle having an allergic reaction to shaking his hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Guy looks like a racist Hummel figurine. How is that a real person?

e: nvm, fake. could have fooled me.

cat botherer fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 8, 2023

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Yeah this guy has come up before with other photoshops of Kyle. He's clearly a satirical poster, but it's hard to tell from just one of his tweets if he's being an idiot on purpose.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Gettin some slight Bobby Hill vibes from this image.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

impossiboobs posted:

Yeah this guy has come up before with other photoshops of Kyle. He's clearly a satirical poster, but it's hard to tell from just one of his tweets if he's being an idiot on purpose.

“Shaking hands with Hercules after the first crusades” had me scratching my head. Like, I’ve seen dumber MTG posts so it could have been authentic but then again it’s pretty much random.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

I wouldn't stand so close, it looks like his head could explode at any moment.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BiggerBoat posted:

Gettin some slight Bobby Hill vibes from this image.

Bobby does not deserve that

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
“Won’t someone think of the rent seeking land owners?!”

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Mao did.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Risk free, except for all those times your landlord can just force you to move, or raise your rent, or fail to maintain the building and some catastrophic breaks. Totally risk free.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Risk free, except for all those times your landlord can just force you to move, or raise your rent, or fail to maintain the building and some catastrophic breaks. Totally risk free.

No but those are all good things because they make the landlord more money, which should make the people renting from them happier because they're contributing to someones success.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Is this guy taking the piss or not? I can't tell.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Seems like a very committed gimmick account.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

I’m Rittenhouse’s photoshopped rear end.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He's a true American hero. I think he first blew up with this loving homage to our president

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/cojobrien/status/1678889757340848129

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Supremely legal.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nonsense posted:

Supremely legal.

At least the Supreme Court is well versed in Marshall v Jackson with regards to the stance of "who's gonna stop me?".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1679184217731629066

lmao

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Let's see, he has a BA in philosophy so is certainly an authority. Why don't we look at his writing?

Alex Epstein posted:

Locke, Aristotle, and Newton have had no equivalents in Africa or Asia, and the advancements in those areas have been almost exclusively due to Western influence. To see the results, just compare New York to Chad. No benefit can be gained by focusing an education on anti-reason cultures, their only academic merit lies in contrasting them to Western civilization as models of inferiority.

Alex Epstein posted:

Black crime has increased steadily since King's time, and seven out of ten black children born today have parents that are not married. Could it be that there is a reason behind all these problems, a reason having to do with ideas? Since a culture is just the dominant ideas accepted by a certain group of people, a culture yielding bad results is based on bad ideas. I submit that because of the bad ideas he promoted, Dr. King is responsible for a great part of the destruction that has occurred in America today, especially among black Americans, the group he supposedly saved.

Alex Epstein posted:

Not all "others" benefit a business. Certain others - the homeless, those on welfare, Medicare recipients - are worse than useless to businesses. A business benefits only by dealing with an individual or company that creates value.
:guillotine:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Does this reason have to do with ideas? An ideas-based reason?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You'd think that in order to get a philosophy degree you'd have to have at least heard of a couple of the famous thinky guys born South and East of the Mediterranean. They are kind of a big deal.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I hand out a lot of pity-passing grades to students. If someone doesn't care about a particular subject, it's not in my interests to flunk them, they'll just be either my or someone else's problem later on, and of course the academic institutions themselves have financial incentives to generate graduates rather than knowledgeable people.

This film has a good conversation between Einstein and Marilyn where Albert tells her just reciting facts is useless. If only things were seen so.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Rappaport posted:

I hand out a lot of pity-passing grades to students. If someone doesn't care about a particular subject, it's not in my interests to flunk them, they'll just be either my or someone else's problem later on, and of course the academic institutions themselves have financial incentives to generate graduates rather than knowledgeable people.
:hai:

Failing students is more work for everyone, worst of all me. Maybe that's bad for the integrity of the educational institution, but
a) I don't care.
b) That ship has already sailed.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I also routinely turn down money from customers at work. My boss loves it!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rebel Blob posted:

Let's see, he has a BA in philosophy so is certainly an authority. Why don't we look at his writing?

:guillotine:

Holy loving poo poo

Cocaine Bear posted:

I also routinely turn down money from customers at work. My boss loves it!

To be honest pissing the boss off is a lot of fun

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KKArts09/status/1679294548395302912

That's not good

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

cat botherer posted:

:hai:

Failing students is more work for everyone, worst of all me. Maybe that's bad for the integrity of the educational institution, but
a) I don't care.
b) That ship has already sailed.

Generally if a student's put in any real effort, they're going to pass my classes though sometimes only just. I generally only fail students who either ghost the class and skip all the assignments/exams, or cheat in some way.

Milo and POTUS posted:

To be honest pissing the boss off is a lot of fun

If you're not stealing from your boss, you're stealing from your family.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I do appreciate that students who cheat can have the hammer dropped on them, figuratively, and it's a big process that actually doesn't involve the teaching staff so much as the administration, and it turns into a fun exercise for the student about dealing with the worst of the Discworld wizards. :evilbuddy:

Our institutions usually put up a grading matrix at the start of any course, so a student can min-max their performance if they so choose and just barely pass, and I think that's fine. If someone doesn't care, no one can make them care about a particular subject. It's another discussion whether this is pedagogically sound or not, but hey, this is the institutions themselves min-maxing their funding and as cat botherer said, it's not the teacher's problem at that point.

Have some Gerald Ford for the pictorial content!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Exactly, the dude has laser eyes - why does he need a gun?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/LePapillonBlu2/status/1679944910701486085?s=20

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

If she's not already on a baseball/softball team, she needs to get recruited stat.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/democracynow/status/1679833809057923074

Warning: This guy's accent is an infohazard.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah, a postmodern neo-Marxist

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
He sounds like a British guy trying to do an American accent and doing it badly

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i wonder what it's like to be a living parody

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

My man got a little audio engineer in his head furiously moving a bunch of accent sliders between 0 and 100 trying to remember which setting will make people take him seriously and not laugh him out of the political compass discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Kith posted:

i wonder what it's like to be a living parody

It's not too bad.