Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Senethro posted:

The mech lab usually fixes itself after an app restart. There should be a post mission autosave.

Thanks, I appreciate this tip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

just started playing mw5 this week and got a bunch of mods and welp looks like i can't actually craft most of the non-vanilla mechs

gonna redownload all the mods and see if that fixes it

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've run into that a lot with the same mod with some, but not all, of the YAML added mecha. Reinstalling didn't fix it for me, so if you find a solution please share.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

My friend and I started having similar issues when we installed mech delivery. The thing with the weight displaying incorrectly in particular happened in multiple places and I could put together some but not all mechs. Waiting for my deliveries to arrive and deactivating mech delivery fixed things in single player for me. Unfortunately it seems to have hosed up the save file somehow so both me and the friend I've been co-op-ing with can't access the mechlab in each other's saves anymore, nor can we see the mission config screen to ready up, so we have to join in mission. We're probably just going to install clan invasion for the goofy gear and start new saves tbh.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Protect this Lance* and get a bonus if no buildings are destroyed

*this lance will DFA, fire large lasers while glowing red, and launch LRMs at high evasion light mechs on rooftops

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That reminds me, I wish urban missions would show before you launch whether or not "collateral damage" is a problem before you deploy. Do I need to go direct-fire only, or can I bring the Long Toms and commit war crimes?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I would think that the Kuritans hiring a mercenary company named “Chad’s Ares Conventions Violators” would fully understand what was going to inevitably happen.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
drafting a Dear Richard because the MRBC won't let me register as House Amaris

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

IOwnCalculus posted:

That reminds me, I wish urban missions would show before you launch whether or not "collateral damage" is a problem before you deploy. Do I need to go direct-fire only, or can I bring the Long Toms and commit war crimes?

Bringing longs tom to urban missions is extremely funny

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Did 3062 get rid of + weapons? Haven’t seen one yet.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

tactlessbastard posted:

Did 3062 get rid of + weapons? Haven’t seen one yet.

Yeah

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I bring Long Toms to defense missions in MW5 and the only downside is the NPC commander screaming at me to stop shooting his buildings.

Also the damage to said buildings I guess, but if I one-shot a mech demolishing the base then it's a win in the long run probably.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Captain Foo posted:

Bringing longs tom to urban missions is extremely funny

Bringing Davy Crocketts is even funnier.

Go get a refill on your drink and make a snack. You'll come back and laugh at all the puddles.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

This, but it's more than made up for with the actual weapon / ammo variety instead of just "same weapon with slight stats buff".

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

IOwnCalculus posted:

This, but it's more than made up for with the actual weapon / ammo variety instead of just "same weapon with slight stats buff".

Yeah, a uac10 is great but i can load up 5 kinds of ammo for my ac/10 (or w/e)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The big RT update is a bit of a dud imo

Salvage update completely trivializes mech/gear acquisition.
The tonnage based hit modifiers seems like a half-assed version of just making evasion more useful (and why is it harder for an Atlas to hit a skyscraper than it is for a locust?)
The injury updates are whatever
Much the same with the BA changes, tho I guess I'll concede it's a nice QoL change, but after the "you can't put special pilots in BA anymore" nerf it's not nearly as useful as it could have been.

What do others think of Salvage 2.0?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Lmao when I saw my first excavator mech (but didn't lose sight of headshot spamming enough LRMs at a Stalker to get my very first 75t mech

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Azhais posted:

The big RT update is a bit of a dud imo

Salvage update completely trivializes mech/gear acquisition.
The tonnage based hit modifiers seems like a half-assed version of just making evasion more useful (and why is it harder for an Atlas to hit a skyscraper than it is for a locust?)
The injury updates are whatever
Much the same with the BA changes, tho I guess I'll concede it's a nice QoL change, but after the "you can't put special pilots in BA anymore" nerf it's not nearly as useful as it could have been.

What do others think of Salvage 2.0?

Either I or you got something wrong, because I think it's the CTH against yourself that changes, so both Atlas and Locust can hit a building the same (plus the atlas has better heat dissipation).

The BA thing is at least a wash IMO, it makes them more disposable as well.

I quite like the changes to salvage, but then I've been playing on generous salvage so it's not that big of a change to me.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 16, 2023

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
being playing megamek with a buddy using double blind and a lot of other rules

We declare a point value

roll a random selection of 10 mechs, pick what you want
then get two rolls of 5 vehicles for left over points
the remaining points go into skills or infantry

It has caused us to get into much weirder matches

His infantry blew apart a hip and a foot of one of my mechs, taking it out of the fight, then proceeded to head shot the prone mech

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Private Speech posted:

Either I or you got something wrong, because I think it's the CTH against yourself that changes, so both Atlas and Locust can hit a building the same (plus the atlas has better heat dissipation).

The way I read it it's -/+1 per 15 ton difference and that goes both ways. So if a dragon and atlas were shooting each other, the dragon would get +2 and the atlas would get -2 to hit. Buildings weigh 60 tons for the calculation.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

I find the salvage change fine, but the weight accuracy difference change is awful and dumb

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Azhais posted:

The way I read it it's -/+1 per 15 ton difference and that goes both ways. So if a dragon and atlas were shooting each other, the dragon would get +2 and the atlas would get -2 to hit. Buildings weigh 60 tons for the calculation.

I think it's just to-be-hit rather than to-hit - I'm too lazy to check in game, but it should be visible in the modifiers when shooting.

If anything bigger mechs should be easier to hit with, more stable firing platform etc.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BTA uses a weight differential hit difficulty modifier, easier for light mechs to pick apart big mechs, and harder for big mechs to tag lighter mechs.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Captain Foo posted:

BTA uses a weight differential hit difficulty modifier, easier for light mechs to pick apart big mechs, and harder for big mechs to tag lighter mechs.

I guess that's how it works then in roguetech as well.

Might be nice to make smaller mechs more viable.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In BTA light mechs are good, if they're moving they're very hard to hit without AOE weapons. Their limitation is they're not usually packing much firepower because they want to spend as much on engines as possible.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Floppychop posted:

I've run into that a lot with the same mod with some, but not all, of the YAML added mecha. Reinstalling didn't fix it for me, so if you find a solution please share.

apparently the issue is with using V1 salvage instead of V2. change over to V2 in YAML options (in the escape menu on the left, not in the YAML section of Mod Options). it took a while to convert all my scrap but i can now build everything that's visible in my menu

a lot of my clan salvage has disappeared but tbh i'm fine with that, getting it again will be fun

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

OwlFancier posted:

In BTA light mechs are good, if they're moving they're very hard to hit without AOE weapons. Their limitation is they're not usually packing much firepower because they want to spend as much on engines as possible.

useful to put TAGs or NARCs on them, airstrike beacons too (max move to a good location, reserve down to 1, trigger airstrike, yeet away)

Clanmechs can get enough oomph to be dangerous in their own right, the arctic cheetah has acted as a great offensive BA carrier and backstabber for me

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I usually run the starting cicada with a bunch of M lasers strapped on until I get a LAM.

It works well, a good spotter for sniper mechs and very durable and mobile, can do a decent bit of damage with a laser volley too but can't match the output of a heavy mech alpha strike, nor concentrate its fire very well like heavier weapons.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I haven't gotten my hands on a LAM at any point where it felt like it made sense to use it...what's been your experience with them?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Highly mobile backstabbers mostly. Or there's that super heavy lam that can transport other super heavies

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Captain Foo posted:

I haven't gotten my hands on a LAM at any point where it felt like it made sense to use it...what's been your experience with them?

Fantastic punchbots, better scouts than the Ostscout, very good backstabbers. Fragile, but if you equip them well enough to keep evasion at 8+, and run the 50 tonners that can take 1-2 good solid hits, you'll rarely lose them.

Weapons selection is somewhat limited. Most of them only have energy or missile hardpoints, some have bomb racks (which are not worth anything).

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

GD_American posted:

Fantastic punchbots, better scouts than the Ostscout, very good backstabbers. Fragile, but if you equip them well enough to keep evasion at 8+, and run the 50 tonners that can take 1-2 good solid hits, you'll rarely lose them.

Weapons selection is somewhat limited. Most of them only have energy or missile hardpoints, some have bomb racks (which are not worth anything).

Just be wary of getting too close to anything with jumpjets. I've lost LAMs because the AI decided the best way to deal with them was for it's 50 ton Battlemech to leap into the air and Five Star Frog Splash my rear end out of the sky.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I'm not sure a Bushwhacker is the best possible bang for it's weight but on the other hand MW3 was one of my favorite games as a kid so....

I don't remember it having such an Alien head profile tho lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GD_American posted:

hm thanks

the best machines at 55 tons are wolverines, stormcrows, and wraiths, in my experience (lol imagine that the stormcrows are good)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I picked up a couple of SCR-EE with the rotary LBX and those things can just straight up delete a lot of mechs. Not much ammo onboard, though.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

IOwnCalculus posted:

I picked up a couple of SCR-EE with the rotary LBX and those things can just straight up delete a lot of mechs. Not much ammo onboard, though.

I landed a SCR-H in my current game (though I haven't played for a week or so) and it's an absolute workhorse with the Heavy Lasers and an energy-spec pilot

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

tactlessbastard posted:

I'm not sure a Bushwhacker is the best possible bang for it's weight but on the other hand MW3 was one of my favorite games as a kid so....

I don't remember it having such an Alien head profile tho lol

I recall the bushwhacker being a pretty good chassis but not quite in the top tier, the high end of medium mechs has some real heavy hitters in there

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Also I can't help but read it as hawk-like *SCREEEE*.

But yes, it's pretty amazing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

It's like a cicada except faster and ignores terrain. Basically just a flat upgrade tbh. They're superb scouts and don't have to worry about orientation for firing their guns, so just zip them around and shoot stuff with them, basically free damage and visibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Captain Foo posted:

A LAM with a strafing beacon is a straight-up warcrime. And tons of fun.