Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And for that matter, too many people sleep on chocolate chunks as opposed to chips in cookies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Is it pretty normal for food else where in the world to have a lot less sugar compared to American food?

we put high fructose corn syrup in goddamn everything; it's why we're all obese

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Half the chocolate section in my local store is Hershey and the other half is mostly Mars. There is a small pocket of Ferraro Rocher but that’s Kinda expensive! I used to get a 50 count bag of Hershey kisses and eat that slowly throughout the week but they don’t taste right anymore

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

And for that matter, too many people sleep on chocolate chunks as opposed to chips in cookies

Chunks does sound like it would be better than chips.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

And some chocolate chip/chunk manufacturers are just better than others. I think Guittard is leading the pack

And Hershey's is the worst cocoa powder you can buy

And Tony's Chocolonely is the best mass-distribution chocolate bar you can get in the U.S.

there. all my chocolate takes done

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Half the chocolate section in my local store is Hershey and the other half is mostly Mars. There is a small pocket of Ferraro Rocher but that’s Kinda expensive! I used to get a 50 count bag of Hershey kisses and eat that slowly throughout the week but they don’t taste right anymore

The way grocery stores work in the u.s. really loving sucks. The lack of selection is terrible, and it’s usually masked with different brands, but then you realize all of those brands are under one mega corporation that owns them all.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I said come in! posted:

Is it pretty normal for food else where in the world to have a lot less sugar compared to American food?

America puts sugar in the bread :psyduck:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fridge corn posted:

When I was in college, I met someone who was from Australia and they were really disappointed that they couldn’t find bread that was like they were use to back home. They cited the huge amounts of sugar as a major turn off.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I said come in! posted:

When I was in college, I met someone who was from Australia and they were really disappointed that they couldn’t find bread that was like they were use to back home. They cited the huge amounts of sugar as a major turn off.

isn't Australia the home of fairy bread? :confused:

anyways, my favorite recipe for cookies, since I figure I'm not the only one hungry reading these posts. Makes a lot of dough but it keeps decently, and still the best after trying 30-something recipes

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

fridge corn posted:

I once bought a loaf of bread in the States and sugar was the third ingredient after flour and yeast. :stare: There should be no sugar in the ingredients at all.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I think that's part of the idea.

lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

This will never stop fuckin me up

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ramie posted:

isn't Australia the home of fairy bread? :confused:

anyways, my favorite recipe for cookies, since I figure I'm not the only one hungry reading these posts. Makes a lot of dough but it keeps decently, and still the best after trying 30-something recipes

I only have a sample size of 1 Australian too. I would capture some but they have the worlds most advance army; Emus, kangaroos, and large spiders.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ferrara Rocher sucks, expensive rear end wad of kitkat

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Lol what

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Not that I'm a big Ferrero Rocher stan but lol what

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

I don’t really like them either but there’s so much European chocolate that is a thousand times better than any American stuff. Also earlier today I saw an ad for Ferrero Rocher ice cream that basically consisted of saying “Ferrero Rocher ice cream” about 26 times and it was so bad

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

random request for this thread. I really enjoy a certain kind of youtube game analysis subgenre. I've chugged hours and hours of stuff like TarnishedArchaeologist, Vaati, but also non-FromSoftware stuff like MandaloreGaming's analysis of the Marathon series, WormGirl's stuff on Fear & Hunger, etc. Basically deep dives on lore. Who else is out there that I'm missing? I'm particularly interested in non-From content because god knows I've watched enough of that, but I will take all recommendations

Tosk fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 16, 2023

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Tosk posted:

random request for this thread. I really enjoy a certain kind of youtube game analysis subgenre. I've chugged hours and hours of stuff like TarnishedArchaeologist, Vaati, but also non-FromSoftware stuff like MandaloreGaming's analysis of the Marathon series, WormGirl's stuff on Fear & Hunger, etc. Basically deep dives on lore and stuff. Who else is out there that I'm missing? I'm particularly interested in non-From content because god knows I've watched enough of that, but I will take all recommendations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-DtICmPTY

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tim Rogers is the GOAT

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Playing Enter the Gungeon again on a fresh save after being away from it for a couple years, hot drat do I love this game

I retained enough muscle memory to still be pretty good at it and I got a Junk Knight on my first run back, feeling absolutely blessed rn

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

American sandwich bread is a descendant of pain de mie and pullman loaf, the sugar is a preservative. This topic is always embarsssing when brought up, people just making poo poo up to pretend their country is uniquely good or bad when it's pretty clear they're very untraveled and lack any extended experience in other countries.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

I don’t really like them either but there’s so much European chocolate that is a thousand times better than any American stuff. Also earlier today I saw an ad for Ferrero Rocher ice cream that basically consisted of saying “Ferrero Rocher ice cream” about 26 times and it was so bad

they have huge buckets of good dark chocolate at winco, don't gently caress around with a bunch of plastic wrappers and bullshit. Just don't buy the solid bricks without a gameplan on how to make it smaller.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

This is fantastic, thanks

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tosk posted:

This is fantastic, thanks

:allears:

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

As the haze of my last bong rip clears from my mind and I realize I am 15 minutes into this video and I think my brain is emptier than it was before I started, I realize that perhaps this is not fantastic

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it is fantastic

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

I only have a sample size of 1 Australian too. I would capture some but they have the worlds most advance army; Emus, kangaroos, and large spiders.

Aren't Cassowaries native to Australia too

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
HELLO

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Aren't Cassowaries native to Australia too

in other words never mess with australians.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Tosk posted:

WormGirl's stuff on Fear & Hunger

I don't think I'll ever play the games, but I saw her stuff on it and it was awesome and made them sound so loving cool. A+ YouTube loredumps

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fear and hunger 2 is amazing and her vids on it enhanced my understanding greatly.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Yup, though for better or worse I think South Korea is starting to catch up with the US in this regard

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hi!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Runa posted:

Yup, though for better or worse I think South Korea is starting to catch up with the US in this regard

The secret of corn has finally leaked

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

:ninja:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Tosk posted:

random request for this thread. I really enjoy a certain kind of youtube game analysis subgenre. I've chugged hours and hours of stuff like TarnishedArchaeologist, Vaati, but also non-FromSoftware stuff like MandaloreGaming's analysis of the Marathon series, WormGirl's stuff on Fear & Hunger, etc. Basically deep dives on lore. Who else is out there that I'm missing? I'm particularly interested in non-From content because god knows I've watched enough of that, but I will take all recommendations

I really like Josh Strife Plays

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Noah Caldwell-Gervais is the gold standard for gaming deep dives imo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ahoy is good also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Runa posted:

Noah Caldwell-Gervais is the gold standard for gaming deep dives imo

So many gaming youtubers try to put on that dumb Nerdwriter affect while Noah Caldwell-Gervais just sounds like your high school English teacher mumbling through his lecture notes, it's great.