Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Grassy Knowles posted:

I think it would be keen if we didnt discuss that thread in depth in this thread while there are plenty of threads in SAD and at least one in GBS if you so choose for the topic. I think any discussion outside of those specific venues is only going to accelerate the competing team mentalities.

Edit: Instead talk about that great ad vvvvv

EasilyConfused fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOoSe2K5DU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
LGBT(Slur)IA

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hella big congrats Boba

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
God I let the kids choose a movie to watch tonight and they chose “The Conjuring 2” and this is one of the worst goddamned movies I’ve ever watched that I haven’t just walked out of.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

I still get a kick out of how Robocop went from the verhoeven film to like 3 cartoons, a pro-cop live action tv series, video games, and action figures

Also the fatal farm segment of Our Robocop Movie is also hilarious

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Grassy Knowles posted:

I still get a kick out of how Robocop went from the verhoeven film to like 3 cartoons, a pro-cop live action tv series, video games, and action figures

Also the fatal farm segment of Our Robocop Movie is also hilarious

its lore accurate

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i'll buy that for a dollar

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

God I let the kids choose a movie to watch tonight and they chose “The Conjuring 2” and this is one of the worst goddamned movies I’ve ever watched that I haven’t just walked out of.

I saw the first one at a drive-in and I thought it was fine but the idea of making a Cinematic Universe based on a couple of real life con artists is pretty lol

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Mekchu posted:

I only ever saw this sort of thing at mom's touch

god idk if it was a daegu mom's touch thing or what but the burgers were always wet with condiments, absolutely impossible to hold lmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I saw the first one at a drive-in and I thought it was fine but the idea of making a Cinematic Universe based on a couple of real life con artists is pretty lol

The first one was fine. It wasn’t scary or groundbreaking but it was interesting and had some cool cinematography. This one is dull as dogshit and the story is just a hot mess.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Pablo Nergigante posted:

a Cinematic Universe based on a couple of real life con artists is pretty lol

Wait what lol

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I would watch the gently caress outta the db cooper cinematic universe

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the conjuring horror movies are a good introduction to horror movies for children

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the conjuring horror movies are a good introduction to horror movies for children

I liked the childs play movies but i think its cause i didnt have a my buddy doll

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Grassy Knowles posted:

Wait what lol

Ed and Lorraine Warren are real pieces of poo poo. The Conjuring/Annabelle/etc. are Amityville Horror offshoots via ties to them

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Grassy Knowles posted:

I liked the childs play movies but i think its cause i didnt have a my buddy doll

childs play 1 and 2 are good intros to horror too

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if you're going back that far to introduce kids to horror, the first gremlins movie might also be good for that.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

childs play 1 and 2 are good intros to horror too

All I know is Ernest Scared Stupid hosed me up as a little kid. Only time a movie gave me nightmares.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

if you're going back that far to introduce kids to horror, the first gremlins movie might also be good for that.

Aaahhh yes it was

Also brave little toaster and the first two neverending stories were scary in parts

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I watched the movie Seven (stylized as SE7EN) when I was like 10 years old lol

My parents may have been a little too lax

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My mom made me watch Poltergeist before she would let me see Jurassic Park lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Babe Magnet posted:

Ed and Lorraine Warren are real pieces of poo poo. The Conjuring/Annabelle/etc. are Amityville Horror offshoots via ties to them

Amityville horror was their claim to fame and they swore for years it was a true story. They also made a bunch of money fearmongering with right wing evangelist weirdos in the 80s and 90s:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/amityville-haunting-psychic-lorraine-warren-has-died

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My mom made me watch Poltergeist before she would let me see Jurassic Park lol

Similar vibes when they refused to let me see Freddy Got Fingered

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

All I know is Ernest Scared Stupid hosed me up as a little kid. Only time a movie gave me nightmares.

ernest scared stupid is a really fun movie

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

one of my first really solid memories of horror movies is trying to hide in the kitchen because my parents were watching Candyman lmao

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I saw Die Hard at like 5
Which means my brother saw it at 2
the toddler who only knew one single syllable word, at the end of that, had yippie ki yay motherfucker DOWN

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Similar vibes when they refused to let me see Freddy Got Fingered

Lmao

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I think it was Ghost I watched when I was a kid that has a scene where a dude gets impaled by a gigantic shard of glass. As soon as they showed the dude look up, showed the glass, I knew what was coming and went to "Check out the Christmas tree" for a couple minutes until I heard the gurgles and then came back.

In retrospect, that was probably a weird selection for Family Movie Day during Christmas break....

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Parents tried to stop us from watching/playing inappropriate stuff for a while but by the time South Park came out they stopped caring

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Grassy Knowles posted:

Aaahhh yes it was

Also brave little toaster and the first two neverending stories were scary in parts

lol, I've told this story before but probably not here

At a sleepover one time we decided to watch Brave Little Toaster, and my friend got so scared of the scene where Blanky gets blown away (I think it was something like that, I don't actually remember) that he hid under the covers and refused to watch

And I was like, "Dude, you can't be scared of this.. you know Martial Arts!" cos he was taking some 7 year old baby karate course

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think it was Ghost I watched when I was a kid that has a scene where a dude gets impaled by a gigantic shard of glass. As soon as they showed the dude look up, showed the glass, I knew what was coming and went to "Check out the Christmas tree" for a couple minutes until I heard the gurgles and then came back.

In retrospect, that was probably a weird selection for Family Movie Day during Christmas break....

I watched that as a kid too and those shadow demons that come out to take that dude to hell hosed me up real good.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

At a sleepover one time we decided to watch Brave Little Toaster, and my friend got so scared of the scene where Blanky gets blown away (I think it was something like that, I don't actually remember) that he hid under the covers and refused to watch

And I was like, "Dude, you can't be scared of this.. you know Martial Arts!" cos he was taking some 7 year old baby karate course

lmfao

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My dad would never let me see R movies then randomly when I was like 6 he’s like yo you gotta watch this movie called The Thing

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Pee Wee's Big Adventure had a few scenes that hosed me up when I was like 4

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao in 1st grade the martial arts kid decided he wanted to fight me and tried doing a high kick in the cafeteria but I tripped and inadvertently kicked him in the balls thats my karate story

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao what did he think of the fireman clown dream.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

TheSwizzler posted:

Pee Wee's Big Adventure had a few scenes that hosed me up when I was like 4

tell 'em Large Marge sent ya

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Babe Magnet posted:

tell 'em Large Marge sent ya

also the part with the laughing clown when pee wee finds the bike stolen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHxScvu4YpE

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmao what did he think of the fireman clown dream.

All I remember is he was totally fine with everything until that Blanky scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I gotta watch that movie again