Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
He is the same rear end in a top hat also touting a Tesla robot and a new dumbass xAI company, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Steadiman posted:

Oh goodie, the richest man in the world has opinions on the minimum wage. About time he weighed in on that one. Let's see how long until he tackles tipping
"so, if we don't ask for a raise you won't replace us with machines?"
"no"

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Murdstone posted:

Say what you will, but he is a brilliant engineer.

And his meme game is top notch.

Yeah, I gotta hand it to him. he is the meme master

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

Minimum wage keeps going up in state after state after state and gently caress-all employees have been replaced by robits

It would be happening whatever the minimum wage situation, but pretty much every store around here is going all in on self checkout.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Just the weakest argument that fails under the least bit of scrutiny so of course he thinks it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Self checkout loving sucks so much, the machines are so annoying and never work correctly.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

I said come in! posted:

Self checkout loving sucks so much, the machines are so annoying and never work correctly.

I like it because I don't have to talk to another person 90% of the time.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Yeah, I gotta hand it to him. he is the meme master
He certainly knows how to make a Loss....

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"Get a better job if you want better pay!"
"Okay."
"Why doesn't anyone want to work anymore? I need a Big Mac!"

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
"meme community"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cable Guy posted:

He certainly knows how to make a Loss....

I wish I was a multibillionaire who posts "leftists lean left in turning lains where actually they will be killed by incoming traffic because they're in a different country"

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I'd like to see people Photoshop Elon in the form of those CPR baby illustrations that turned into mayhem.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i wonder if using time travel to kill Richard Dawkins before he invented the word "mi mi", or Kojima before he learned about "mi mi's"

would have a ripple effect that results in greater good of not having a bunch of broken brain old men think mi mi's are what matter in life.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

be one of the few celebrities to commentate over image macros and earn the respect of the image macro community

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

be one of the few celebrities to commentate over image macros and earn the respect of the image macro community

I am well off, but not Elon Musk well off...

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

It's a really hard thing to say no to when you made souch money so fast you didn't manage to make friends

.random
May 7, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

i wonder if using time travel to kill Richard Dawkins before he invented the word "mi mi", or Kojima before he learned about "mi mi's"

would have a ripple effect that results in greater good of not having a bunch of broken brain old men think mi mi's are what matter in life.

This, but PhazonLink and the word “chowder” :ohdear:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Scientastic posted:

But even if you take his opinion as an abstract utilitarian position rather than a commentary on this specific war, it’s still absolutely loving stupid. Does anyone think the eventual best outcome for the greatest number of people is for totalitarians to get their own way?

Yes, they're called tankies.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Ghostlight posted:

In this comic shitposting group I'm in I said that what most people call memes are just stupid image macro jokes and got shouted down.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Steadiman posted:

Oh goodie, the richest man in the world has opinions on the minimum wage. About time he weighed in on that one. Let's see how long until he tackles tipping

The US minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. At that wage, working around the clock, it would take 692,331 years to save up the $44b Musk spent to buy Twitter. Which he did because his fragile ego just couldn't stand getting dunked on by accounts with <100 followers.

And he has the audacity to comment on the value of labor?

deoju fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jul 17, 2023

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

deoju posted:

The US minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. At that wage, working around the clock, it would take 692,331 years to save up the $44b Musk spent to buy Twitter. Which he did because his fragile ego just couldn't stand getting dunked on by accounts with <100 followers.

And he has the audacity to comment on the value of labor?

All of these CEOs could be replaced by machine learning and you'd only notice because they'd suddenly be more coherent.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Chapelle would have dunked on him too if it wasn't for the fact that the only reason Elong was there to begin with was so that Dave could get Talib Kweli unbanned from Twitter.

are you standing up for david chapelle?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

gschmidl posted:

All of these CEOs could be replaced by machine learning and you'd only notice because they'd suddenly be more coherent.

I could code a CEO algorithm that could run 10-20 AI startups simultaneously.

supabump
Feb 8, 2014

as a representative of the meme community,

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Help!!!!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dick Fontaine posted:

are you standing up for david chapelle?

Well, he sure can't stand up on his own!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Be a normal person? Nah.

Be a huge internet-poisoned werido? INTO MY loving VEINS :byodood:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

oh poo poo, everybody knows u don’t mess with the meme community

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Everything app find forums user red shirt and see what's wrong and contact emergency personnel if necessary

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Any day now

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

gschmidl posted:

It’s like hearing Trump AI and knowing it’s fake because it is too normal sounding. Not enough sniffing

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Still love the car though

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Grey Cat posted:

I like it because I don't have to talk to another person 90% of the time.

Just silently grab your stuff and hold your card to the reader. The process is simple and doesn't require small talk.
Whereas self checkout never works and always forces me to contact an employee.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
What kind of lovely self checkout machines are your stores using I haven't had an issue with one since before covid

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

did nobody present at this thing say "WHAT IN THE gently caress WAS THAT?!"

if not, why not

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

crispix posted:

did nobody present at this thing say "WHAT IN THE gently caress WAS THAT?!"

if not, why not

techbros are some of the stupidest people on this earth

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Came here to post this. Imagine business genius Musk announcing the production of BurgerBots to prove his point.

After 8 years of intense development, they put them into some burger chain test location. Seventeen employees and customers maimed on the first day.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!

redshirt posted:

I could code a CEO algorithm that could run 10-20 AI startups simultaneously.

Your 1 day mod meltdown still makes me chuckle now and again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Best musk moment was when he was asked a question in that interview and his brain shutdown for 3 minutes and he just stared into space