Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Oh thank gently caress someone finally ganked Gowron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Do you think when Kira kissed Odo she got like a skin flake caught in her lips lmfao

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The flakey diseased changeling makeup always makes me want to drink more water

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

alexandriao posted:

Do you think when Kira kissed Odo she got like a skin flake caught in her lips lmfao

She never kissed him when he had flaky disease. Source: I just watched season 7 a few weeks ago.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I think a chunk of Odo should have gotten knocked off and become a Baby Odo that Odo had to take care of, sort of a Strindberg & Helium situation

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

redshirt posted:

She never kissed him when he had flaky disease. Source: I just watched season 7 a few weeks ago.

I literally watched her do that 10 minutes ago and i will edit this with a screenshot after ive returned from dumping my main reactor and plasma coolant

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

alexandriao posted:

I literally watched her do that 10 minutes ago and i will edit this with a screenshot after ive returned from dumping my main reactor and plasma coolant

I stand corrected.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

redshirt posted:

I stand corrected.

It's ok to sit corrected too, just make sure you do the Riker manuovre before you sit down!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

There it is.

Hot flaky Odo Action.

Remember Flaky Puffs?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I for one support Odo's new Ghillie Suit

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Toaster Strodoel

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

alexandriao posted:

It's ok to sit corrected too, just make sure you do the Riker manuovre before you sit down!!!

"I'm not kissing you."
"Because I'm sick? You can't catch it."
"I don't care about that, you just look like a Skkreea."
"Whoa! Hey, now."
"Okay, not *that* bad, but enough to make me loving sick."

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Odo & Kira never made sense, yeah I said it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kira liked her men empathetic and beige. odo was only one of those.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

Kira and Worf made more sense

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Also there was that whole thing about odo being a not reallt reformed fascist, and collaborator.

Would of thought Kira would of had bit more of a problem with that.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Outpost22 posted:

Should've been Odo and Lwaxana

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Also there was that whole thing about odo being a not reallt reformed fascist, and collaborator.

Kira being the number one Bajoran terrorist, just all cool with a Founder...

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
These are the same dumbass producers who Nana Visitor had to tell "no, i'm not doing a story where Kira and Dukat shack up" so of course they'd be totally tone-deaf on "yeah of course she wants to bang the dude who kept pushing to make DS9 a police state again"

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

redshirt posted:

Kira and O'Brien made more sense

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Kira dates O’Brien who dates Julian who dates Garak

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tiberius Christ posted:

redshirt posted:

Kira, Keiko, and O'Brien made more sense

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I mean Kira birthed Myles's child!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I was always disappointed that they didn't let Odo's actor just be himself when he got turned into a human.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

René Auberjonois kicked rear end as Hugo in Warehouse 13 - He got to be both a computer genius who baked his brain on an artifact AND the psychotic AI he'd created.

Jeri Ryan and Kate Mulgrew were excellent in it too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Rene was also good as the skeleton in The Last Unicorn

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"Flaky Changeling"

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Outpost22 posted:

:hmmyes:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Friday.gif

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

I guess the idea was Kira saw Odo as the guy who treated the Bajorans and Cardassians as equals during the occupation, but she was in the resistance, that's not a position from which you go "well both sides"

Always thought it would make more sense for Kira to start with hating Odo, then gradually warm up to him.

Hollismason posted:

I was always disappointed that they didn't let Odo's actor just be himself when he got turned into a human.

Yeah, but then you'd probably have been able to tell there's a 17 year age gap between him and Kira.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

davidspackage posted:

I guess the idea was Kira saw Odo as the guy who treated the Bajorans and Cardassians as equals during the occupation, but she was in the resistance, that's not a position from which you go "well both sides"

Always thought it would make more sense for Kira to start with hating Odo, then gradually warm up to him.

Didn't they explicitly say Bajorans were cool with Odo because he tried to find the actual criminal, rather than simply punishing a dozen random bajorans whenever something went wrong. That's why they kept him on as head of station security instead of appointing a Bajoran or letting starfleet completely take over security. If the resistance hated him he would have never gotten the job.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They do, but that's really not how anything ever works.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Didn't they explicitly say Bajorans were cool with Odo because he tried to find the actual criminal, rather than simply punishing a dozen random bajorans whenever something went wrong. That's why they kept him on as head of station security instead of appointing a Bajoran or letting starfleet completely take over security. If the resistance hated him he would have never gotten the job.

Imagine keeping the same head of Security once you taker over the Occupier's Spacestation.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Also

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If you do want to fanwank it, we know that there was a lot of chaos after the withdrawal, probably a whole bunch of vying for power and different groups claiming to be in charge. I imagine Odo was just kinda neutrally holding the fort on ex-Terok Nor and enforcing basic law while a bunch of different groups fought about it and nobody was actually in a place to replace him. I can see how they'd all just end up letting him keep on doing his thing in the chaos and then he was basically established when Starfleet and Kira were given the station.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MikeJF posted:

If you do want to fanwank it, we know that there was a lot of chaos after the withdrawal, probably a whole bunch of vying for power and different groups claiming to be in charge. I imagine Odo was just kinda neutrally holding the fort on ex-Terok Nor and enforcing basic law while a bunch of different groups fought about it and nobody was actually in a place to replace him. I can see how they'd all just end up letting him keep on doing his thing in the chaos and then he was basically established when Starfleet and Kira were given the station.

That's pretty realistic.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

redshirt posted:

Imagine keeping the same head of Security once you taker over the Occupier's Spacestation.

It is weird, but Odo had been raised by Bajoran scientists, so they may see him as more Bajoran than anything else. He was appointed by Dukat as part of one of his misguided attempts to get the Bajorans to respect him, he thought Odo would be more acceptableto them. There are potential reasons for the Bajorans to trust Odo. But most importantly, I think they left him in place because they almost immediately handed Terok Nor over to the Federation to administer for them. He was a relatively popular, but controversial figure, so let Starfleet deal with him.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Have you considered that the Bajorans are dumb as hell?

Like deliberately structurally dumb as hell. The occupation lasted for generations. The only people who got to go to decent schools were the families of collaborators. The only people who got government jobs were collaborators. Everybody else was stuck in work camps. After generations of occupation nobody was still doing their traditional (caste) trade. Once the Cardassians leave 100% of the institutional knowledge is tied up in collaborators.

Odo knew how to do the job and wasn't hated. He wasn't a collaborator who betrayed his own people, because they aren't really his people. But he also wasn't one of the invaders (like Garak). He'd be in a similar position as the other aliens like Quark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

So Shat didn't bother to show up because he was too busy living in his truck cabin?