Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
didnt see this posted itt but i saw an interesting reddit post by a dude who runs a website calculating the potential cost to reroll a specific stat and certain stats apparently have much higher chances to roll on certain elements of gear

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/co...1&utm_content=2

apparently gloves have a signifigantly higher chance to roll attack speed and crit chance, rings have a much higher chance to roll crit chance and weapons have a much higher chance to roll main damage stat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Its not levels that carry over, its the Lilith Statues and Map Exploration. If you have max statues and map exploration you will be most of the way to level 3 renown; if you're Level 5 but dont have any Lilith Statues or map exploration then you'll start with less in S1. At least, that is how I understand it.

Oh ok, I have all those so I guess it was a good call to stop the renown grind with the season impending.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Has/is anything going to happen with the connection issues? It's gotten a lot worse for me ever since I hit wt4 and I'm worried it's gonna be unplayable on on season launch? I'm also just sick of dying in helltides cause the game decides to freeze for 10s

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The typical blizzard solution to such a problem is "wait until enough people quit in frustration to reduce server load"

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
hmm I'm messing around with trampleslide build since I have time to kill before the season. having a ton of fun with it and will go big daddy druid again for the season.

question - do druids have any way to apply Vulnerable that isn't storm-flavor spells? maybe an aspect? wondering how to best build vuln, probably just stick with Storm Strike

edit: oh, ravens.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 17, 2023

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Male amazons are gonna own. Give me the shorts shorts Blizzard!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pellisworth posted:

hmm I'm messing around with trampleslide build since I have time to kill before the season. having a ton of fun with it and will go big daddy druid again for the season.

question - do druids have any way to apply Vulnerable that isn't storm-flavor spells? maybe an aspect? wondering how to best build vuln, probably just stick with Storm Strike
Most reliable way I had was using Ravens. Eventually once you level up your Exploit glyph is doesn't matter but from 50-70 that's what I used.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Has/is anything going to happen with the connection issues? It's gotten a lot worse for me ever since I hit wt4 and I'm worried it's gonna be unplayable on on season launch? I'm also just sick of dying in helltides cause the game decides to freeze for 10s

If you haven't turned off cross play, try that. Made a big difference for me but I know others don't see the same change.

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"

pork never goes bad posted:

If you haven't turned off cross play, try that. Made a big difference for me but I know others don't see the same change.

I’m on PS5 and I’ve turned off Cross play but I still get the occasional message that I have it enabled. It’s infuriating, and I still get the occasional lag (which has led to my demise a few times).

Also, is there a cow level?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The more I think about it the more I am confused on where the hell magic find went as a stat and a concept.

I know it's a nightmare dungeon affix but why not have it on items.. That was one of the more meaningful itemization choices that you could make in diablo 2, it isn't like they've made these unique drops less rare to compensate lol.

You could even make a new stat to go with magic find called affix boost that gave a better chance of good rolls or whatever so you could try and strike a balance between monster level, kill speed, etc. For finding items.

I see that they'll be capping lvl req in season one for sacred and ancestral so hopefully a start on the path to open trading. I just don't think there's enough stuff in the game yet to get an economy going.

It's also a gameplay loop that is sustained content without dev intervention

flashman fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 17, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

flashman posted:

The more I think about it the more I am confused on where the hell magic find went as a stat and a concept.

Turn up the difficulty, get mo loot

WT5 when!

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Republicans posted:

The typical blizzard solution to such a problem is "wait until enough people quit in frustration to reduce server load"

it's 5am the day before a content patch and the servers are still lovely, so don't think even this solution will work

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

WT5 when!

I haven't seen much difference in loot for nm tiers really.. It's way less efficient than farming normal dungeons for sure.

I mean as an item stat tho, instead of meaningless trash affixes that are simply bad. An mf set in diablo 2 made tradeoffs between survival / killspeed and drop rates that were actual decisions to make.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

flashman posted:

I know it's a nightmare dungeon affix but why not have it on items.. That was one of the more meaningful itemization choices that you could make in diablo 2, it isn't like they've made these unique drops less rare to compensate lol.

You could even make a new stat to go with magic find called affix boost that gave a better chance of good rolls or whatever so you could try and strike a balance between monster level, kill speed, etc. For finding items.

I see that they'll be capping lvl req in season one for sacred and ancestral so hopefully a start on the path to open trading. I just don't think there's enough stuff in the game yet to get an economy going.

It's also a gameplay loop that is sustained content without dev intervention

MF seems incredibly poorly thought out as a concept. Love grinding for better items so that I can not use those items because it's more efficient to wear MF gear to grind more items that I also won't equip. Just stare at that gear eternally sitting in your stash and marvel at the almost poetic demonstration of how much you are wasting your time and life.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

It's to get good items for trading, alts, or doing the difficult content with guaranteed good drops. I'm not sure why that concept gives you ennui but grinding items without it doesn't.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i kind of agree that it sucks but also i spent way too long in d3 running bounties with a speed build to be able to reroll gear over and over to get ancients so i cant really justify that opinion. i hope if they do add it they include a version of the d3 armory with it at least

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Magic Find is stupid and one of the universally good evolutions from D2 onwards was turning it into a byproduct of game difficulty rather than its own stat. Purposely wearing worse items to find better gear (that you won't wear because it doesn't have MF) is pointless, especially when there's no actual trading. I play these games to do The Most Damage, not less!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

flashman posted:

I mean as an item stat tho, instead of meaningless trash affixes that are simply bad. An mf set in diablo 2 made tradeoffs between survival / killspeed and drop rates that were actual decisions to make.

I feel like the MF conversation belongs back in the old Why Isn't D3 D2: 2? days. Right up there with point allocation to stats and being able to screw yourself on a build. People already drew their lines in the sand on that.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is a stunningly simple solution that is eventually always the solution but every single team has to fight it as long as they can before giving in. It's like some sort of legal obligation that all service games have.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

flashman posted:

I see that they'll be capping lvl req in season one for sacred and ancestral

From a recent interview, don't let this news get buried in the middle of a bunch of words

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

George H.W. oval office posted:

Male amazons are gonna own. Give me the shorts shorts Blizzard!
Do you think we'll get Amazons with how Rogues are already a skirmish class?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t wait for Sorcerer to be good someday

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

satanic splash-back posted:

From a recent interview, don't let this news get buried in the middle of a bunch of words

Did they give numbers? Glad they've finally worked out that pushing you to make alts to try different builds doesn't work when the gears all 90+.

Gotta be level 50 sacred/70 ancestral.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Mufasa Nigel posted:

Did they give numbers? Glad they've finally worked out that pushing you to make alts to try different builds doesn't work when the gears all 90+.

Gotta be level 50 sacred/70 ancestral.

60/80 if im remembering correctly

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can’t wait for Sorcerer to be good someday

If you didn’t read build guides, you’d never know it wasn’t. :cheers:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I demand patch notes!!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

gallilee posted:

I’m on PS5 and I’ve turned off Cross play but I still get the occasional message that I have it enabled. It’s infuriating, and I still get the occasional lag (which has led to my demise a few times).

Also, is there a cow level?

There are little clues in the game but no one has figured it out yet. There are several nerds working on it from what I've seen

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lol you guys chose a male model?? For any class?

Objectively wrong!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

satanic splash-back posted:

Do you have a link to the interview?

E: don't worry, I found it https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/diablo-4-season-1-loot-aenderungen,3397512.html

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 17, 2023

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Do you think we'll get Amazons with how Rogues are already a skirmish class?

Probably a sort of mid range with spears and javelins. Titans built in or something

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Tarnop posted:

Do you have a link to the interview?

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/diablo-4-season-1-loot-aenderungen,3397512.html

and of course woody joe has a video out already
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ao2Ce6UkM0

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you didn’t read build guides, you’d never know it wasn’t. :cheers:

Joke’s on you i can’t read

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Joke’s on you i can’t read

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Is my understanding correct that if I want a class-specific unique, I have to find it as that class, and I therefore can't farm for it using a character of a different, high-level class?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Yes

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Got it, thank you.

Apropos of nothing: Butcher fight is a real wet-noodle contest with pulverize build, isn't it.

Enigma fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 17, 2023

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Enigma posted:

Apropos of nothing: Butcher fight is a real wet-noodle contest with pulverize build, isn't it.
I am very salty that I have only seen him once in the whole span of getting my Barb to level 85. I saw him like 35 levels ago and really want to see him again now that my build is insane.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
the butcher killed the only HC character i had...

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
i've seen the butcher way too many times in NM dungeons at level 78, at least 5x since getting to wt4. he still goes down fairly fast with bone spear but he hits like a truck.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

I am very salty that I have only seen him once in the whole span of getting my Barb to level 85. I saw him like 35 levels ago and really want to see him again now that my build is insane.

That's extremely unlucky. I see him so often it's just another day at the office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I saw him something like 5 out of my first 8 ancestral NM dungeon runs. Then maybe 1 in 10 after that.