Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Dawgstar posted:

I've felt that Todd doesn't seem to like making female characters very much but did worry I was just overthinking it.

He doesn’t think boys want them apparently. Todd’s got that 80s toy exec mentality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

He doesn’t think boys want them apparently. Todd’s got that 80s toy exec mentality.

Somebody really ought to sit Todd down and tell him that these silly action figures really aren't bought by the 8-13 year old anymore and more weirdo completionist adults who JUST want a Cass Cain figure, darn it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
As of this moment the classified Dragonfly has hit 17, 072 backers.

Two days remaining.

Can it possibly hit the last goal of 19,000?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

The Last Call posted:

As of this moment the classified Dragonfly has hit 17, 072 backers.

Two days remaining.

Can it possibly hit the last goal of 19,000?

Just over 3 days, and if it keeps this kind of pace yeah it looks like they will. Which is crazy, a week ago I thought they just might make 16k.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Kingtheninja posted:

Just over 3 days, and if it keeps this kind of pace yeah it looks like they will. Which is crazy, a week ago I thought they just might make 16k.

Some predicted this would happen, others had doubts. It should hit 19,000 if it goes the way it's going, we'll see soon enough.

Wonder if the mid lull will prompt Hasbro to lower the goals for unlocks, due to them being higher this time around than the Hiss by 3,000.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Gonna need this one. I’ve always liked the dead astronaut look, and I have an orange suited one tattooed on my leg. This is part of a 3-pack, but later down the line it’ll be available by itself. Hopefully they don’t change the color.

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1680330233499754496?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Ooooooohhhhhhhh please tell me that's sixth scale. I've been looking to make a skeleton astronaut for about a decade now but keep putting it off cause the suits are so goddamn expensive.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Ooooooohhhhhhhh please tell me that's sixth scale. I've been looking to make a skeleton astronaut for about a decade now but keep putting it off cause the suits are so goddamn expensive.

Nah, that's a Mythic Legions figure. I think they're 7in scale.

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.
Recently picked up a few random things-

Cobra Viper 3-pack: one of the guys came with 2 left hands
Retro Gung-Ho: I like this one better than the first release
Bazooka: Good, but the weapons are very gummy
Rock and Roll: Great all around
Torpedo: Same
Professor Indy: Good for just a guy in a suit
Ultimate Captain America: Solid figure
Monet St. Croix: Same
Masterverse Two Bad and the new Mer-Man: I love this poo poo, the goofier the better
Andor and B2Emo: Solid
Saw Guerrero: Good figure with a lot of detail
40th Anniversary Biker Scout and Stormtrooper: love the packaging, makes me feel like a kid again
Gundam Universe Heavyarms:Good for the price point and I finally completed the team
Mezco Wonder Woman: Great figure but the joints are a little loose
McFarlane Wonder Woman: Ok
Playmates Admiral Kirk: Found on clearance at Wal-Mart for $5. Worth it.
Loose Collector Red Sonja: Great all around.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Was absolutely thrilled to find one of the best grunt suits ever at target last week. Paired him with fighting panda and now they're doing a buddy cop movie.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I don't think the Hammon Collection people are that bad for hte price. Nedry here showed up yesterday, he looks pretty good for 14 dollars.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Gonna need this one. I’ve always liked the dead astronaut look, and I have an orange suited one tattooed on my leg. This is part of a 3-pack, but later down the line it’ll be available by itself. Hopefully they don’t change the color.

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1680330233499754496?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

It's actually a 2 pack -- they have the mythic legions skeleton version as the other part. You are probably seeing the other LegionsCon exclusive which is another version of the original fan voted Vorgus Vermillion.

You can actually make this figure right now with the Cosmic legions plus a mythic skeleton. The paint would have to be added, though.

It's actually a tribute to the founder of the Facebook group for Mythic Legions (Walter). It's going to be great. They will have them at the show 11/23 but they will almost certainly split them and have them up on the webpage in the late winter/spring. Both versions are going to be pretty popular I expect. I don't think they'll change the color -- the convention exclusive is going to come with an extra alien head

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Backers got this image today in email, so you can see the scale of how it should be between the two vehicles:

17,867 Backers

Yeah, NF Crazy Legs should be done before this ends.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 16, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

It's actually a 2 pack -- they have the mythic legions skeleton version as the other part. You are probably seeing the other LegionsCon exclusive which is another version of the original fan voted Vorgus Vermillion.

You can actually make this figure right now with the Cosmic legions plus a mythic skeleton. The paint would have to be added, though.

It's actually a tribute to the founder of the Facebook group for Mythic Legions (Walter). It's going to be great. They will have them at the show 11/23 but they will almost certainly split them and have them up on the webpage in the late winter/spring. Both versions are going to be pretty popular I expect. I don't think they'll change the color -- the convention exclusive is going to come with an extra alien head

drat my fat fingers, that was a typo.

I saw a reply on their IG that it would be availble as a single pack, so I will be patient. If I need to orange it, I suppose I will then.

Here's my watercolory skeleton astronaut for fun

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Crazy how close this is to your tattoo. Will be more than happy to help you get one if you have problems!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Since I last posted, the Dragonfly has officially passed 18,000

18,059 Backers

Crowdfund ends in:
1 Days 6 Hours 49 Minutes

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Ollie’s had most the aoa cyclops wave so I guess I have that wave now.

Also hand ninjas popped up again so I have too many hand ninjas. I need a few foot soldiers to make my daredevil/tmnt scene shelf.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Found the new ML Emma Frost on clearance at Target for like $14. For that price, she's an extremely good figure!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Found the new ML Emma Frost on clearance at Target for like $14. For that price, she's an extremely good figure!

She seemed to be the peg-warmer of the wave for some reason, despite being a good and popular character in the comics. The new figure might as well be a statue, the way her cape pins down all her articulation, but she's a lovely statue.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some people are mad she’s not pretty enough.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Well poo poo, I've got a reason to go on 11/23 now. Let's do this, boyo.

Need that skele.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Got half that wave on clearance too!
The clearance collector strikes again.
I was going to build Ch’od but I really don’t want to pony up for the other half.

At any rate: I needed an Emma for the xmen arcade display. Now they just need a Pryde of the XMen kitty.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

Some people are mad she’s not pretty enough.

Still? I know people were annoyed since the promo shots made the figure look like it had an awful head sculpt, but once people got a hold of her they realized it’s pretty true to the source material.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Still? I know people were annoyed since the promo shots made the figure look like it had an awful head sculpt, but once people got a hold of her they realized it’s pretty true to the source material.

She’s pretty, but IMO the Hellfire Club version is better for what it’s worth.

Still quite a very good mass market figure, ESPECIALLY for Target’s 50% off discount.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's very close to the source material, a lot of people just seem to think the source is ugly.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Crazy how close this is to your tattoo. Will be more than happy to help you get one if you have problems!

Thanks! I will let you know.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It's crazy but Crazy legs might get unlocked tonight, less than 500 now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
G.I. Joe Classified Series G.I. Joe Assault Copter Dragonfly (XH-1)

19,013 Backers

All tiers officially achieved.

Backers get the Dragonfly, Wild Bill, Night Force Rip Cord, Glenda, and Night Force Crazy Legs.

Not bad.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Really banking on this star wars haslab being something cool, it's really bumming me out I'm giving up my chance at a wild Bill figure for an unknown thing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Kingtheninja posted:

Really banking on this star wars haslab being something cool, it's really bumming me out I'm giving up my chance at a wild Bill figure for an unknown thing.

It's pretty much confirmed to be a Vintage Collection scale Ghost isn't it?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

PriorMarcus posted:

It's pretty much confirmed to be a Vintage Collection scale Ghost isn't it?

Yep. It's definitely Vintage collection, that's all anyone knows for sure. Black Series has flopped so hard on the Haslab front that it's up in the air if they'll do another one for a long time.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The best rumors I've seen were ghost or the shuttle from bad batch. But with ahsoka coming up right when this haslab would wrap up, it seems to point directly at the ghost.

Though it would be very hasbro to swing and miss by announcing something like a maz kanata's bar hangout playset.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1680969023192809472?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 17, 2023

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
gently caress you Todd!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just want the Batman

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

When does the Star Wars one start? You have 30 days to cancel the Gi Joe Haslab if you want to hedge your bets, you could back it now and jump to the Star Wars one if it’s more enticing.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

New Mattel Creations MOTU fig, Motherboard from Revelations. Looks neat enough, but I don't care about the character at this point since there wasn't one in the show. This might've been better saved for after season 2 airs.

If you want one though, it goes up on the 21st.

https://creations.mattel.com/products/masters-of-the-universe-masterverse-motherboard-action-figure-hpl13

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That guy would make a good enemy stand-in for my Persona 5 team.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
One more day!

https://twitter.com/hasbropulse/status/1680996009755721729?s=46&t=jp4-K95Q-ggvMX8-LemfOQ

Didn't they do this for Unicron as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

wtf the Amazon page for the Batmobile is gone. I'm going to destroy you Todd.