Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Dog Case posted:

If it's more than 5 people does it count as a mass crashing

not mass, wash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Blackhawk posted:

People who intentionally smash glass bottles on the road or footpath should be punished by immediate execution, there's just no excuse for that poo poo.

Currently overhauling my gravel bike, first bit of significant maintenance I've done to it in 10 years (other than the occasional chain, brake pad, tires etc.). Super easy to do yourself at home, relatively cheap, most parts just need a clean and lube and should be good for another 10 years. A+ mode of transport, no notes.

yeah man I recommend simple green that stuff is cheap as hell

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Police are investigating why so many people were in one car at the same time when they owned multiple vehicles.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1680667373441777666

Thank a car next time your power goes out and your freezer needs juice to keep your steaks frosty (but don't ask why that keeps happening in the first place).

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Just think, if you really worshipped cars, you would have a little gold car shredder around your neck, to commemorate the scrapyard at which Car Jesus was tortured and executed

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It seems like adding more cars to a grid that is already "buckling" would be an issue.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
just don't ask where the electricity for the car comes from, that's illiberalism

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

"fatal pedestrian crash" sounds like two people walked into each other and somehow died from that

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Palladium posted:

just don't ask where the electricity for the car comes from, that's illiberalism

is there a cspam consensus on nuclear power. President Xi loves that poo poo.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/513671/number-of-under-construction-nuclear-reactors-worldwide/

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I loving love nuclear power.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

gradenko_2000 posted:

I loving love nuclear power.

Nukes own, anti-nukes are funded by fossil fuels because the only replacement for nuclear baseload is coal.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

ArmZ posted:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/513671/number-of-under-construction-nuclear-reactors-worldwide/

Same

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

if it's good enough for Xi, its good enough for me!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Nuclear powered cars please. Not electric, full on reactors in cars.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Just read a Danish news story. Headline: "woman driven over by bus". Actual story: drunk woman figured that under a bus was a great place for a nap. Somehow blaming the vehicle is okay for buses?

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
Nuclear power owns, and the Germans only hate it because it was invented for them.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

ArmZ posted:

I think you answered your own question.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Groda posted:

Nuclear power owns, and the Germans only hate it because it was invented for them.

To credit the French, they are still going at it, so are the Russians.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Harik posted:

Nukes own, anti-nukes are funded by fossil fuels because the only replacement for nuclear baseload is coal.

Hydro is typically considered baseload. Geothermal too. There's not enough of either to replace nuclear/coal, but they are good things.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Hydro has a lot of not very cool environmental impact though. It does however do great for baseload and if you really need, you can basically use it as a battery when you have too much sun or wind with pumps (or just closing the dam)

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

BonHair posted:

Hydro has a lot of not very cool environmental impact though. It does however do great for baseload and if you really need, you can basically use it as a battery when you have too much sun or wind with pumps (or just closing the dam)

Usually, what isn't mentioned is that hydro is absolutely necessary for water management in many countries, the environmental impact is usually highlighted but not the beneficial impact on floods/droughts.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

BonHair posted:

Just read a Danish news story. Headline: "woman driven over by bus". Actual story: drunk woman figured that under a bus was a great place for a nap. Somehow blaming the vehicle is okay for buses?

Yes, buses are for poor people.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

walked with my son to a family friendly restaurant last night, people get so wimpy about the heat here. yes its very hot but a five or six minute walk is not too much to handle even if it's 98 degrees out. if my three year old can do it without complaining... anyway walking ftw.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lobster shirt posted:

people get so wimpy about the heat here. yes its very hot but a five or six minute walk is not too much to handle even if it's 98 degrees out. if my three year old can do it without complaining... anyway walking ftw.

ok but get this, what if your morbidly obese 300 lbs like most American drivers

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

anyway walking ftw.

Yup. Not much else to say

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

I will just leave this here.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Polo-Rican posted:

in connecticut - one of the most car brained states in the entire country - 90% of "look at my beautiful photo" posts are taken from behind the wheel, on the highway

also: the "pretty sunsets" are being caused by wildfire pollution.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

BonHair posted:

this is still passive tense actually. the active tense, proper journalist phrasing would be "bus driver runs woman over"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Dams bad. The environment can obviously support some, but we've gone way overboard and are destroying ancient ecologies that we may never be able to repair. Free Hetch Hetchy. Restore the Tonle Sap.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

BonHair posted:

Another victim of communism public transport, very sad.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

my neighbor is convince that EVs will fade away soon as we get hydrogen powered cars

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

actionjackson posted:

my neighbor is convince that EVs will fade away soon as we get hydrogen powered cars

Literally what I'm saying, fusion powered cars! There might be a 10 minute delay between introduction and the destruction of all cars in the area though.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

actionjackson posted:

Finally, collisions will be as explodey as hollywood makes them out to be!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
over the weekend some dude in an Infiniti blasted through the local beach parkway at 90mph and hit another car so hard it went into the Puget Sound and people had to form a human chain to rescue the woman.

someone in the local blog coverage said they saw the driver sitting on the sidewalk covered in blood and when the bystander told the driver he could have killed someone the dude said "I don't give a poo poo." and got back in his car.

then when the fire department showed up, they peeled the roof off his car to extricate him lmfao

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

then when the fire department showed up, they peeled the roof off his car to extricate him lmfao

on the one hand this is very funny and owns lmao, on the other it's hosed up that this is literally the worst thing that will happen to him from the whole thing

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

going to ride my bike to have lunch today

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

a lot of folks want the beach access road just closed to private vehicles in the summer since there is a way to get to all of those businesses and houses with a private vehicle if you just go around the back way but...

some moron posted:

Why if we’re living in the beach, want to go up the hill to Admiral when the purpose of living on the beach is to enjoy it as we’re driving by? Why punish everyone because the Village idiot came through?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

over the weekend some dude in an Infiniti blasted through the local beach parkway at 90mph and hit another car so hard it went into the Puget Sound and people had to form a human chain to rescue the woman.

someone in the local blog coverage said they saw the driver sitting on the sidewalk covered in blood and when the bystander told the driver he could have killed someone the dude said "I don't give a poo poo." and got back in his car.

wow I just googled Seattle Times and this is the first result: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/what-we-know-about-crash-that-killed-6-injured-3-in-tacoma/

not the crash you talked about, only one that was much much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

yeah that's the one Silicone Thrills posted about. here's the story on the one near me:

https://westseattleblog.com/2023/07/2-car-collision-1-in-the-water-off-alki-avenue/