Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Selane posted:

lol, what did this tweet say before they deleted it? Let me guess, the list of "banned weapons" included canes or something?

it said that all mobility aids (scooters, wheelchairs, etc.) were disallowed due to "security concerns", which makes it an even more bizarre mystery as to how the rep came to labour under the impression that was the official policy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Dareon posted:

I still have Brand New gear in my dresser because I have a vague idea for a Lost Newbie glam for endgame content.

It better include the sugarloaf hat.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Onean posted:

Yo, heads up, just so you aren't surprised: the CC seasons go from .X to .X8, then a new season from .X8 to .Y, then repeat. So while the current season won't end on Monday, it will end when 6.48 comes out.

Ah that's right, I always forget the .x8 patches exist.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kwyndig posted:

Why wouldn't you wear the higher level gear though?

Because it's worse. Every expansion has this weird range where you're wearing the previous expansion's tomestone gear and can't glam anything from the first two dungeons over it because it's higher level, but you don't really want to wear the dungeon stuff because it's lower ilvl.

Lord_Magmar posted:

There is also the possibility Garleans are an Allagan designed race rather than a natural one.

Fanon accepted, IT WAS BY DESIGN

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Vermain posted:

it said that all mobility aids (scooters, wheelchairs, etc.) were disallowed due to "security concerns", which makes it an even more bizarre mystery as to how the rep came to labour under the impression that was the official policy
To be specific I think they said canes and scooters were banned and wheelchairs were the only acceptable mobility aid. Still completely ridiculous either way.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Any simple cosplay ideas for someone that doesn't have sewing experience? I feel like I could throw together some uldah sunglasses with fabric glue and a knife, but I don't have many other ideas

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Sentient Data posted:

Any simple cosplay ideas for someone that doesn't have sewing experience? I feel like I could throw together some uldah sunglasses with fabric glue and a knife, but I don't have many other ideas

Cheap hildibrand with a black suit cut down with tights, I guess? Everyone else is wearing some nonsense.

You could go as Limsa Catgirl and wear undies with a draped cloth, or go sproutcore with frumpy jumpers and that gold neckplate

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Sentient Data posted:

Depending on where you live, 'FSH Main' would be very viable.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Sentient Data posted:

Find the ugliest smock, shoes, and sweatpants you can get your hands on, and a walking stick or book, and go as a CNJ or ACN. Bonus points if you somehow have a sprout over your head. (Fake plant attached to a hat?)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

girl dick energy posted:

Find the ugliest smock, shoes, and sweatpants you can get your hands on, and a walking stick or book, and go as a CNJ or ACN. Bonus points if you somehow have a sprout over your head. (Fake plant attached to a hat?)

From the PAX Australia meetup, I can tell you all that making an icon to put over your head isn't difficult, especially around people who already get the joke!

Cheapest possible approach: Headband or a hat, with some kind of stick or wire on top, with a printed high-res icon of your choice taped to the top. There's ways to fancy up and upscale each individual part, but at its easiest it'll take you like, three bucks at an art supply store and an hour. Might be a good cherry on top of a more casual cosplay to make it clear that you're doing a bit instead of just being like that; mentor crown on top of lazy summer gear to go as someone who's clearly gone hard into the Island Sanctuary, something like that.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Mentor icon over your head next to an empty HP bar

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Why wouldn't you wear the higher level gear though?

Because you can't wear it at low levels?

Vermain posted:

I think they mean that you can't put the appearance of higher level gear on lower level gear, so you can't make your level 15 MRD look like a level 90 DRK or whatnot.

Not exactly what I'm saying. No cross-Job glams (that's a whole other Galmour System can of worms). Just the ability to glam the Level 60 Warrior Chest that just dropped on your Level 62 Dancer over your Level 15 Marauder's current chest piece.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I like the idea of not being able to glam higher than your msq level, but I feel like that's way outside existing engine abilities. The slow increase of fanciness especially in early levels is actually really important to the feeling of growth

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/sarama_burwani/status/1680745493146509314?s=46&t=-83MqnB_46lmmYtdOkaTyg

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Countblanc posted:

They should 100% have a lalafell with viera ears pop up

If I ever saw a lalafell with cat ears I'd just assume they were Melkoko and H'mhasi's kid, so... :v:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Onean posted:

Yo, heads up, just so you aren't surprised: the CC seasons go from .X to .X8, then a new season from .X8 to .Y, then repeat. So while the current season won't end on Monday, it will end when 6.48 comes out.

Do we know how far out 6.48 generally is from 6.45? I'm only at like level 8 for this season and the mount is level 25.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Arist posted:

Do we know how far out 6.48 generally is from 6.45? I'm only at like level 8 for this season and the mount is level 25.
This is getting back to the confusing dev choice of using both "season" and "series" so

"Season" means Crystalline Conflict ranking stuff. If you do not push for CC high rank stuff, you can disregard any reference to PvP seasons. This resets on .x and .x8 patches typically.

"Series" is the battle pass thing where you the get mounts, emotes, minions, framer kits, and trophy crystals. This resets only on .x patches, so you'll have until mid-late September to get the mount still.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

FuturePastNow posted:

it really doesn't get more anime than a katana golf bag

it's true, mifune soul eater was peak anime

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

iPodschun posted:

This is getting back to the confusing dev choice of using both "season" and "series" so

"Season" means Crystalline Conflict ranking stuff. If you do not push for CC high rank stuff, you can disregard any reference to PvP seasons. This resets on .x and .x8 patches typically.

"Series" is the battle pass thing where you the get mounts, emotes, minions, framer kits, and trophy crystals. This resets only on .x patches, so you'll have until mid-late September to get the mount still.

ah okay

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I'm so psyched we get a conclusion to the 24 man story in a few days! Like I seriously can't describe how excited I am

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

If by a few days you mean “probably some time in September”, yes.

(Patch is 6.45, not 6.5.)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I'm so psyched we get a conclusion to the 24 man story in a few days! Like I seriously can't describe how excited I am

We do not. That will be 6.5.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

We do get the most important content tomorrow, more Hildibrand

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And we're a week and change out from the 7.0 reveal

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Failboattootoot posted:

We do not. That will be 6.5.

hopeandjoy posted:

If by a few days you mean “probably some time in September”, yes.

(Patch is 6.45, not 6.5.)

poo poo, I'm a dummy

Waffleman_ posted:

And we're a week and change out from the 7.0 reveal

FuturePastNow posted:

Yay to all of this though!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

My escape key is warmed up and ready to skip all those cutscenes

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i look forward to martyn gambling the celestium away again

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

i look forward to martyn gambling the celestium away again

*Antagonist holds up form saying "i own tHis place no taekbaks"*
Martyn: well, if he has that there's nothing we can do.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just got to Zenos in the Stormblood Endgame and I was suddenly struck with the revelation that this fuckstick is just Seymour with even less to bitch about than ol' Blue-fuzz ever had.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just got to Zenos in the Stormblood Endgame and I was suddenly struck with the revelation that this fuckstick is just Seymour with even less to bitch about than ol' Blue-fuzz ever had.
People's reactions to him is very funny. He's specifically supposed to be a callout for a certain type of MMO player, and half of his dialogue sounds like he's trying to talk to the player, rather than the character. But in-universe, he's only really even remotely on-point on his accusations if you play your WoL in a very specific way.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

He's a bit of an unfortunate character because of how much of the backstory that explains how he came to be that way is buried away in short stories. It actually enmeshes really well with Stormblood's core themes, but you don't get to see any of that in the actual game proper and have to assume it in SB for him to not come across as an otherwise kinda generic antagonist.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zenos is meant to parallel your character not in the fact that he is right but that he doesn't understand why he is wrong and how your characters responds to him defines exactly how he is wrong. He's never actually right thought.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Zenos is meant to parallel your character not in the fact that he is right but that he doesn't understand why he is wrong and how your characters responds to him defines exactly how he is wrong. He's never actually right thought.
He can be right about something at the very end if you agree that he finally understands part of what drives you... adventurer.

Spoilered for Conan's benefit.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Vitamean posted:

Just use TextAdvance. It's way faster.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

A few different FF villains have noodled around in that area and he kinda goes for all of them, but I agree there's a lot of Seymour in there. Fatalistic Nihilism of some sort or another is a popular villain motivation to contrast with "I fight for my friends" heroes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Honestly, that "would it make you feel better if I had a good reason" speech in Endwalker did more to make me appreciate his character than the entirety of Stormblood.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

girl dick energy posted:

Honestly, that "would it make you feel better if I had a good reason" speech in Endwalker did more to make me appreciate his character than the entirety of Stormblood.

He's definitely a character that starts boring and gets better over time.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Vitamean posted:

:argh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

girl dick energy posted:

God I love that line so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Vermain posted:

He's a bit of an unfortunate character because of how much of the backstory that explains how he came to be that way is buried away in short stories. It actually enmeshes really well with Stormblood's core themes, but you don't get to see any of that in the actual game proper and have to assume it in SB for him to not come across as an otherwise kinda generic antagonist.

is there a collection of these short stories somewhere?