Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

bamhand posted:

I saw him something like 5 out of my first 8 ancestral NM dungeon runs. Then maybe 1 in 10 after that.
Thats weird because I saw him the instant I loaded into my first Sacred Dungeon (like... he headbutted me the second I stepped through the door), then never again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Has/is anything going to happen with the connection issues? It's gotten a lot worse for me ever since I hit wt4 and I'm worried it's gonna be unplayable on on season launch? I'm also just sick of dying in helltides cause the game decides to freeze for 10s

I only picked this up two weeks ago, and have only played maybe three hours on PC due to this. Upwards of 30 second lags in cellars, unable to leave them. Overworld spiking up to 10 -15 seconds of delay in any kind of transition. Its pretty much unplayable for me.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I've seen the Butcher 3 times on this lightning sorc: once during the WT2 capstone that went Very Badly, and then a couple more in WT4 once I got the build more-or-less online: my build is tanky enough with enough Unstoppable buttons that somehow I never felt Actually In Danger, but the dungeon (and thus him) was 10+ levels above me on top of what I assume is his extra HP, so he took forever to kill, ugh. Wet noodle fight is right.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I've seen him twice and he murdered all my skelefriends and myself.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

I've seen him twice and he murdered all my skelefriends and myself.

If you're a minion Necro, you just have to run in a circle around a shrine or something. Keeps him in your minions, but focused on you.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
I tried cheesing Mr Butcher by climbing up to a second level where he couldn't reach me but halfway through the fight he just exploded with no loot :(

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Just saw him for the third time this morning, over the course of maybe an hour and a half.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

withoutclass posted:

I tried cheesing Mr Butcher by climbing up to a second level where he couldn't reach me but halfway through the fight he just exploded with no loot :(

PSA if anyone hasn't figured this out. Unless they've patched it recently, the butcher's AI can absolutely not handle health pools. I've gotten him twice by using one as an obstacle. Sometimes he'll bug out and freeze in place, but even when he doesn't you can gain some space where he can't hit you.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I ran into the butcher and a conduit shrine yesterday. It was marvelous.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I once had him glitch out to where it was like he just couldn't see me for 75% of the fight. In the game it looked like his targeting system went crazy and he was just flicking around and spinning around. No idea what caused but i was just chasing him around hitting his rear end the whole time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Due to supply chain issues, the Butcher is only guaranteed to have fresh meat once per server reset.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Quote-Unquote posted:

I ran into the butcher and a conduit shrine yesterday. It was marvelous.

I am dreaming of this and I actually DID get a shrine during one of my Butcher fights

unfortunately not conduit

even less fortunately, it was cursed

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I wonder if Blizzard tracks which mini-side-quest thingies people do in Dungeons. If I see the three injured adventurers that were trying to cleanse that evil I just nope the gently caress out of there so fast. In part because its not a conversation I can click through, I just have to sit on my rear end while the dumb shits that got themselves killed (they just dont know it yet) talk at me, begging for help.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I wonder if Blizzard tracks which mini-side-quest thingies people do in Dungeons. If I see the three injured adventurers that were trying to cleanse that evil I just nope the gently caress out of there so fast. In part because its not a conversation I can click through, I just have to sit on my rear end while the dumb shits that got themselves killed (they just dont know it yet) talk at me, begging for help.

No clue if they are actively using it, but they can track it.

It has a completion trigger, so unless there is some reason that they don't have a way to distinguish between events finished outside of a dungeon vs inside, then they can definitely get a count.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

flashman posted:

It's to get good items for trading, alts, or doing the difficult content with guaranteed good drops. I'm not sure why that concept gives you ennui but grinding items without it doesn't.

You can't really get items to gear alts in this game because everything you find has a level requirement of the level you found it at. This makes the fact that you can still get other classes gear baffling to me.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Well I hope they can see the presumably terrible mastery completion rate

Seriously why are these people adventurers. Put more points into vitality

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Huh.. I can't / didn't read and I guess they are getting rid of the ridiculous level requirements in S1. That's good to hear.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Substandard posted:

You can't really get items to gear alts in this game because everything you find has a level requirement of the level you found it at. This makes the fact that you can still get other classes gear baffling to me.

They just announced they are changing it with season 1.

Level requirement will scale up and sacred items will be capped at level 60 and Ancestral will be capped at level 80.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They just announced they are changing it with season 1.

Level requirement will scale up and sacred items will be capped at level 60 and Ancestral will be capped at level 80.

This is still way too high for alt gearing. It should be 50 and 70 max (or even lower would be nice)if they want you to be able to use it on a fresh WT3 or 4 character.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Substandard posted:

This is still way too high for alt gearing. It should be 50 and 70 max (or even lower would be nice)if they want you to be able to use it on a fresh WT3 or 4 character.
If they "cap" at 60 and 80 presumably that means that you can get items of those types with lower level reqs, but not higher?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

If they "cap" at 60 and 80 presumably that means that you can get items of those types with lower level reqs, but not higher?

Yes

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Do you think we'll get Amazons with how Rogues are already a skirmish class?
At level 15, go on a mystic journey to gain the class specialization of ... being able to zoom out.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

if those are in a reasonable spot, I'll start them, then come back in like 30 seconds to a minute to get the good bits. the unskippable dialogue is so fking stupid. literally nobody wants to stop clearing any mobs for 30 seconds in an arpg when they're in a dungeon, especially not to hear the same tired dialogue. whoever made this decision, should stop being allowed to make decisions

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Substandard posted:

They've made step one in changing this with the 60/80 maxes and it'll just be a matter of time before its 40/60 or w.e the min requirement is, because it's a dumb way to do things from the get go.

Followup all star idea: elixers that change your loot table to another classes so you can farm for alts or for trade

flashman fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 17, 2023

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Tonetta posted:

if those are in a reasonable spot, I'll start them, then come back in like 30 seconds to a minute to get the good bits. the unskippable dialogue is so fking stupid. literally nobody wants to stop clearing any mobs for 30 seconds in an arpg when they're in a dungeon, especially not to hear the same tired dialogue. whoever made this decision, should stop being allowed to make decisions

The dialog is what clues you in to ignore the event and run away though!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Substandard posted:

The dialog is what clues you in to ignore the event and run away though!
For me its the NPC running around shooting a bow and or the two living people on the ground. Then I hear the tell-tale sound of them begging for help and I'm gone.

Ersatz posted:

At level 15, go on a mystic journey to gain the class specialization of ... being able to zoom out.
lol

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I survived those of those events because the bow adventurer wandered way out of the zone so when we did it they were nowhere near where the monsters spawned and thus was never in danger.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

dyzzy posted:

Well I hope they can see the presumably terrible mastery completion rate

Seriously why are these people adventurers. Put more points into vitality

Yeah something is not right for the ones in dungeons--maybe it's only nightmare dungeons idk--but they get 1 shot by even the weakest mobs so I don't bother with those anymore.

flashman posted:

They've made step one in changing this with the 60/80 maxes and it'll just be a matter of time before its 40/60 or w.e the min requirement is, because it's a dumb way to do things from the get go.

Followup all star idea: elixers that change your loot table to another classes so you can farm for alts or for trade

It's weird that they didn't think of it in all the time it's been in development. I found an ilvl 840 crossbow of that named mob and couldn't even give it to a friend because the level req. was 98.

I'm also curious if the unique pool is based on more than just class, because playing a pulverize druid I got at least a dozen Vasily's Prayers and not a single Tempest Roar all the way up to lvl 100. It should be a 50/50 chance and perhaps that is the case and I had extremely good/bad luck, but if I flipped a coin a dozen times and it was heads every time, I'd at least consider the possibility that it might not be a fair coin.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
What's up with the wandering soul event you find sometimes in dungeons, and the mastery is "kill soul-empowered enemies" or something? I kill everything in sight and it ends with mastery failed and the soul going "oh noooo" and vanishing.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Something weird with uniques man I had six pentinent greaves before 80 while my bud couldn't get one. So many duplicates of the fireball staff, and raiments out the Ying yang.

Never found a fists of fate though.

The arbitrary no trade of uniques and legendaries is quite a nuisance tbh

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I'm assuming the side quests will not carry over into the season so the only things we need to do is uncover the map and lilith statues, right?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

LifeLynx posted:

What's up with the wandering soul event you find sometimes in dungeons, and the mastery is "kill soul-empowered enemies" or something? I kill everything in sight and it ends with mastery failed and the soul going "oh noooo" and vanishing.
I dont get this one either. I do the same thing every time but only get mastery maybe one out of three tries.

Trickortreat posted:

I'm assuming the side quests will not carry over into the season so the only things we need to do is uncover the map and lilith statues, right?
Correct. I dont have the link handy but someone linked a list or guide that shows which side quests lead to dungeons (so you get both Renown rewards for doing one dungeon).

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
The main point of the events is that they spawn a lot of monsters though obviously some of them could use some changes.

They still spawn a bunch of poo poo to kill though.

I really appreciate it when one of the three guys spawns or manages to wander a third of the way across the dungeon from his companions. You stay here where it's safe, I'll watch your friends die, kill a bunch of poo poo, and get the bonus chest.

LifeLynx posted:

There are enemies that spawn with a green glow effects around them, those are the targets. They usually get a red dot on the minimal too but it doesn't always seem to work. Anyway you kill 8 or 10 of those guys for the mastery.

kaxman fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 17, 2023

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

LifeLynx posted:

I finally beat that one this weekend, and the trick is that you have to kill X soul-empowered enemies in the timer (the soul-empowered enemies have a weird greenish mist around them) but there's only one active at a time, so you have to prioritise that one for another to spawn, and if you don't get enough of them then you fail the mastery

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I dont get this one either. I do the same thing every time but only get mastery maybe one out of three tries.
There's a specific enemy that spawns with an aura around them. You have to kill like 6 or 7 of them so if you're just randomly killing enemies you might leave them alive long enough that another one won't spawn.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Tonetta posted:

You could skip dialog like this in D3 using the spacebar! I know that we can't expect the D4 devs to have even heard of Diablo 3, though, so maybe if we ask real nicely they'll change it for us.

...for real, though, I miss D3's spacebar. An all-purpose stop talking to me/close windows button was very nice, and I still find myself occasionally evading when trying to close my inventory or something.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

LifeLynx posted:

if you know the health shrine event where one of the mobs just randomly gets the bubble, it's the same thing but they're the same greyish seethroughish tint that you encounter on the 3 mobs sitting in the event. you just gotta find those guys, and they spawn like 2 or 3 seconds after u kill the previous one.

flashman posted:

Something weird with uniques man I had six pentinent greaves before 80 while my bud couldn't get one. So many duplicates of the fireball staff, and raiments out the Ying yang.

Never found a fists of fate though.

The arbitrary no trade of uniques and legendaries is quite a nuisance tbh

this could be down to the content you're running vs the content they're running. gear has weighted drop based on the mob type you're killing. also, nightmare dungeons drop better loot than the other content so if you were doing those while your friend was doing helltides or whatever, that could contribute to this

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The Butcher is a huge coward who will run away if he can't kill you. I found this out when I tried to drag him along and complete the NM dungeon so I could kill him inside the invincibility bubble at the end. Instead he just noped the gently caress out and disappeared.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh yeah, he was the coward in that scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I mean he literally could not kill me as I completed the dungeon with him beating on me. So yes, he was the cowardly one.